• Published 26th Jan 2022
  • 5,440 Views, 2,295 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 6 - TDR



A continuation into season Six with the Sparkles and their friends and acquaintances.

  • ...
31
 2,295
 5,440

PreviousChapters Next
To Wyrm and Back Again, part 2

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 6
By TDR

To Wyrm and Back Again,
part 2

[?]

The pink maned unicorn paused looking up from his notebook, well, her notebook. Due to a slight miscalculation in the latest batch of bodies the wrong chromosome had happened and the bodies had been mares. To be honest it hardly mattered to Solomon, while interesting it was also a bit of a distraction, though he had adjusted the problem and started on a new set of bodies. The two mare ones were to be used despite the annoyance. It's not like the bodies lasted more than a week or two before they needed replacing anyway.

Solomon's eyes narrowed at the sound of a heavy hoof falls echoing off the tubes. The only reason this one would do that was to announce he was here.

“I was wondering when you were going to show up. The old goat demanded I come here and wait for him and it's been over a year.” Solomon huffed.

“You know as well as I do we exist at his mercy.” the figure approaching sighed. “So when did you get such a nice ass?”

“Grew it myself, far to many issues to bother with it again however. You can have it when I'm done.” Solomon scoffed.

“Meh, when you finish with something it's hardly better than slurry in the shape of a pony.”

“So has he sent you to demand I come to him?” Solomon asked looking back at his clipboard, then to the tube before him.” Because this is a bad time.”

“Pretty much. I've got one more to bring in and if your minions have done what they were supposed to that should be everyone he wants.”

“They should be getting the last thing on the list now.” Solomon sighed. “So what exactly is his plot this time?It can't be to destroy Starswirl still.”

“No. The old goat is gone thanks to my corrupting the fools apprentice.” the voice offered.” Pity about all that in the end, she was quite skilled. But no, he tells me the same things as he tells you. It's probably world domination again. Or to kill some gods. Or it could be he needs a particular plant for his back garden. You know how he is.”

“This is true.” Solomon sighed. “So when is the meeting?”

“End of the year, just after Heaths Warming, in that odd time between the last celebration and the end of the year. He says things are weaker then.” the voice offered. “At the usual place.”

“They are. Though only for a specific sort of magic.” Solomon hummed. ”I suppose it is a good time as any for a meeting, the strange liminal spot of time will make noticing anything else strange rather difficult. I doubt it would stop White however.”

“The rabbit doesn't interfere, you should know that given how you ended up.”

Solomon sighed. ”Was that all?”

“Pretty much. Such a waste of my time to play messenger.”

“And yet it was what he told you to do Bray. Just as he told me to wait for his missive.” Solomon looked back at the Donkey hiding in the shadows.” Until the end of the year then.”

“Indeed.” Bray offered and seemed to vanish without a sound.

Solomon waited a moment more before the presence of the Donkey faded before turning his attention back to the pink form in the tube.

“Doooooo do, dooooo doot doot, doot doot doot doo doo doo doo doo, doot doo....” Adagio hummed to herself, as Squall tried to ignore the annoying tune.

The pair of them had progressed into what Adagio had called the second layer of Greek hell.

Squall had no idea what a Greek was or even the term hell, but if any place was a collection of those words, he suspected it was here.

They had managed to avoid the guardian rather easily, for such a fearsome beast, a simple ball was an easy distraction.

The roving demonic creatures that called this place home however were a bit harder to deal with. Some of them looked like twisted ponies, blackened and corrupt, others were simple golems of stone, bone, or fire. Flying things flitted around the caverns their screams echoing off the surrounding rock and burning pitch, blood hounds set to track anything that the others missed.

They were not a problem in any real sense, just literally harder to deal with, the sounds were deafeningly painful, and the sight of them felt like it was curdling his mind.

Neither Squall nor Adagio were bothered by such things directly. There were dead that would not die in this place, so Squall was hardly noticed, and there were no humans, so Adagio's form did not register as anything to creatures and constructs without want, nor curiosity, that acted as guards.

As such the pair made it to where they were sent.

A pair of cages set upon a burning rise surrounded by a pool of lava. Making their way across the land bridge the pair of them stopped before the pitiful looking black and red creature huddled in the cage before them, the thing piteously moaning for aid.

"Oh shut up or I will tear your legs off again, they are clearly not buying it." A voice snapped from the other cage nearby.

Tirek snarled at the other cage. "How would you know that!"

"Because we are not buying it." Adagio sighed.

"Well whatever you are still close enough!" Tirek laughed his mouth opening to drain these fools, only for nothing to happen.

"What!" Tirek cried only for Squall's fist to impact the centaur's nose sending him crashing back in the cage as his head snapped back.

"HAH!" the other cages occupant cackled.

"I would rather leave you here to rot as last time you showed up i had to suffer through a few weeks of what my father considers 'Family time', but you're on the list." Adagio huffed moving around the cage to grab the centaurs tail, a slash of a knife cutting the black hair short leaving her with a hand full of bristles which she bound with a cord before dumping a potion on it. A few potion logged black vines tangling in the hairs. She tossed this back in the cage as Squall picked the lock and drug the weakened centaur out, forcing the beast down the stairs where they would open a portal to leave before it was noticed he was gone.

A number of parasitic vines grew, wrapping around the severed tail, the energy from them matching Tirek's and would for a time.

"You, human girl. Let me out, I can be useful as well."

Adagio turned to the figure in the other cage approaching curiously.

"Not many know what this form is. But you're not on the list, Forgescale." Adagio stated looking up at the rearing dragon.

"So you have heard of me." The dragon god smirked.

"Hard not to, you were a fairly big deal before that bearded ass got to you. Same as he did to me." Adagio growled. " And neither of us really got to kill the fool."

"He's dead?" the dragon grumbled and frowned. "Who are you then that the bearded meat sack would bother to deal with."

"Not important at the moment I only have a little bit of time with no one watching." Adagio offered and pulled a gem from a pocket, and tossed the emerald to the dragon. "Eat that and don't fight the connection. The messenger flame shouldn't be blocked by anything in Tartarus. I'll send you more information later."

"And I should bind myself to you even this much why?" Forgescale growled.

"Because I'm the only way you might even get out of here. " Adagio smirked." Besides nothing you went after when you were free the first time affected anything I want to own. So I have just as much reason to free you as leave you here."

"Hmmm."

"Can you read pony?"

"I can read human language, it was that or go mad. The streets of Sesame were adequate for that training."

"I am very curious about that, but later. Soon as we are out I'll send you something to help or at least distract you some." Adagio offered heading over to where Squall had Tirek in an arm bar and was staring at her as if to tell her to hurry up.

Forgescale watched the human and the yeti go before looking at the twisted black vines now filling the other cage.

He considered a moment before eating the gem, feeling a connection take hold, if nothing else the emerald was tasty.


Perhaps an hour later he coughed a flicker of flame and a book fell out of it. He glanced to it curiously, noting it was written in what the blue monster had called English.

He had liked the blue monster, the little red one needed to be destroyed however.

"So you have been displaced from time, By Twilight Sparkle, fourth edition." the dragon read.

Author's Note:

YESSSSS TWO YEARS AND IT'S DONE!!!

New season should be up in January sometime.

PreviousChapters Next