• Published 26th Jan 2022
  • 5,417 Views, 2,294 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 6 - TDR



A continuation into season Six with the Sparkles and their friends and acquaintances.

  • ...
30
 2,294
 5,417

PreviousChapters Next
Gauntlet of Firestone, part 1

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 6
By TDR

Gauntlet of Firestone,
Part 1

[ On the Train running away from Ponyville.]



Twilight Sparkle was not a happy pony.

Usually when this was the case, someone else was going to be a lot less happy than she was.

Unfortunately this time she wasn't entirely certain what was going on and as such was simply fuming to herself about missing a scientifically important event.

And having to get up early due to this.

Not to say she didn't know anything about what this was. After all her baby brother was glowing like a light bulb and it evidently itched.

That was the call of the Dragon Lord as Bleu had explained once when she was asked about dragon leaders.

The glowing part was the warning that a dragon had been summoned to the Dragon Lord's presence, it came with a sort of homing sense of where to go. The itchy part was to make sure they showed up, dragons could ignore glowing scales for a long time, but itchy scales? That brought them running.

What bothered Twilight was not the fact that Spike was glowing. Although that was of interest.

What bothered her was that both she and Rahs were also glowing, if only mildly itchy.

What bothered her more was that there were twenty two others from Ponyville and Canterlot on the train, including one of her evil exes, Percy.

Granted Percy had yet to look up from the sketchbook he was drawing something in and he really wasn't a bad date.... Twilight just didn't think he ever knew he was on a date. It was kinda weird to see this sort of thing from the other side. At least she thought it was the other side, everyone said she was focused too much on books and missed things, but that was ridiculous.

At any rate most of the Ponyville glowing ponies had freaked out seeing The Sparkles here, though calmed down seeing they were all glowing too, as that meant it was going to be some one elses problem soon, and whatever caused this would be paying for the inconvenience.

Also it meant that the event was likely Element's of Harmony related, and they could bill the train fare to the crown.

Bets were also being placed.

Twilight suspected all of those here had dragon ancestry of some sort. Granted that did not explain her or Rahs.

“Gaaaaaah this is boring.... I could fly faster than this....”

Or Scootaloo.

Given how her family was involved with those Pegasi supremacists before Spitfire and Fireball were born, it wasn't likely there was a dragon any where in Scootaloo's line.

That bit of information had Twilight consider other options, and the only thing she could think of for why Rahs and herself were glowing along with Scootaloo, was that all three of them at one point had been dragons, either through dimensional travel or poison joke.

This was a very stupid theory, but at the same time the most likely one.

The train would take the group of them to the station at the end of the North West line, and if they wanted to continue to the dragon lands they would need to walk the rest of the way.

Most of the other ponies were going to stay at the end of the line fully expecting the Sparkles to deal with the glowing thing.

“Chill Scoots.“ Spike offered. ”The Actual Dragon Lands are a good bit away. We've got another couple hours of ride left before we have to get off the train and walk another hour or two. We've been up here a couple of times to talk to Bleu.”

“Ugh.....” Scootaloo groaned.

“Well we can always work on ideas for Sweetiebelle's cutie mark.” Spike offered holding up a note book.

“Where did you get that?” Scootaloo asked.

“Rahs had it in his coat.” Spike explained.

Scootaloo looked at the lounging and some what glowing Moon Dog.” You have a Game-colt in that coat of yours?”

“Wuff.” Rahs responded.

“What?” Scootaloo asked.

“He says he does, but he only has one game and it's his nuzzle lock Pony-mon run.” Spike explained.

“Dang it. Ahh well least I'll get to see a buncha dragons at the end of this.” Scootaloo huffed.

“No you won't, you're headed back on the train, or at the very least staying with those at the station.” Twilight offered.

“No I'm not, I'm going to see the dragons.” Scootaloo explained as if she was talking to a foal.

“No you are not going.”Twilight stated.

“You're not my mom.” Scootaloo huffed.

“I know your mom.” Twilight countered.

“So does everyone else in Equestria, you're not special.”Scootaloo responded.

“Scootaloo I am ordering you......”

“You're not a Princess either.” Scootaloo stuck her tongue out.

“Yes she is.” Spike snickered.

“Shut up Spike.” Princess Twilight Tuesday Sparkle snapped. “Scootaloo you are not coming with us.”

“I'm fire proof already, and I'm already out here I might as well see. I mean heck I got summoned.” Scootaloo offered.

“Scootaloo as the responsible adult here I am forbidding you to go.” Twilight snapped.

There was a momentary silence, before Scootaloo, both her brothers and every other pony on the train from Ponyville started laughing.

“I hate all of you.” Twilight growled.

“Wuff?” Rahs asked.

“What?” Scootaloo questioned.

“He wants to know why you even want to go.” Spike translated.

“Oh that's easy. There's gonna be a bunch of other dragons around, including female ones his age. Some one's got to keep an eye on him for Applebloom after all.”Scootaloo explained.

Spike glared as Rahs and Twilight both laughed this time.

[ End of the Line, Station]

“Wow there's a lot more here than I expected.” Twilight offered.

The train station at 'End of the Line' usually didn't get more than a couple of ponies or other species a week. Sure there were a couple of Earth Pony farms here that wanted to take advantage of the volcanic soil to grow food, but aside from a general store and a Guard outpost the place was barren save the train station.

So it was with some surprise that the station master, which was a rotating two week position, and the local Guards, had no idea how to deal with nearly a hundred glowing ponies and a hoof full of other races. The scant Guard presence was keeping order for the moment, but several of them noticed the alicorn that got off the train and seemed to have visible relief that it was now some one elses job to figure this out.

A Kirin Guard trotted up to her with a small bow.

“Not a Princess.” Twilight huffed at the bow.

“Ahh, you're that one.” The Guard nodded. ”Any way what ever is going on chose a bad time for it, seems the Dragon Lord called a meeting up there in the cauldra. We've had a few of the friendlier dragons come by and let us know already. I'm not sure if they are massing for another migration or what, but I've not seen this many dragons out here in a while.”

“The Dragon Lord called the dragons to a meeting, or the dragon god did. Evidently all these ponies have some dragon in them and were called as well.” Twilight explained. “I'll see what's going on you just make sure everyone gets back home, keep the trains running or something until everyone is sent back.”

“As you wish, though I see a flaw in your theory.” The Kirin Guard offered.

“What's that?” Twilight raised an eyebrow some what miffed she was being called into question.

“I'm not glowing, and I seem to be the only Nox- Cal here.” the Guard offered.

Twilight blinked looking at the Guard, then to those gathered around, then the Guard again.

“Well shit..... I missed that.” Twilight huffed. “Ugh what else can go wrong?”

“FUZZY!!” A light blue unicorn cried before plowing into Rahs' side sending the pair of them crashing off into the tree line.

“You said the words.” Spike nodded sagely as Twilight cursed.

PreviousChapters Next