• Published 15th Mar 2021
  • 1,301 Views, 440 Comments

Fólkvangr - Metemponychosis



Gilda's temper gets her into trouble. Things don't work out, and in a last attempt at literal survival, she must take part on a conflict as old as her race.

  • ...
8
 440
 1,301
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 7 )

Jeez Gilda has had a bad day, it's not surprising she's taking it out on the ponies.

Sweet, always good to see another chapter of Fólkvangr drop despite this site's best attempts to hide it! (Seriously Fimfiction, why you gotta make this so hard?):flutterrage:

Not a chapter full of sunshine and rainbows to be sure, but it's good to see battles like this one have real, tangible consequences.

“We still got this dumb sidequest to finish before we’re back on track and on our way to Brokenhorn.”
Careful there Gilda, you’re coming dangerously close to meta-gaming there!

So Gilda has developed a taste for pony flesh and outright stated she’d kill Rainbow if she ever saw her again? That’s certainly going to add on a whole new layer of awkward if these two ever come across each other again! But then while I’m sure it’s easy for Gilda to say she’d kill Dash when the two are half a world apart, I can’t shake the feeling that isn’t quite how things would play out if they actually met face to face. If anything it sounds too much like one of those brilliant plans you rehearse a hundred times in your head, only to have it all go sideways because your stupid sense of loyalty gets in the way!

Gia sweetie, you might want to take what Gilda is telling you to heart. Even if you don't think The Harpy is real, the consequences for trying to double cross your established ruler are much, MUCH harder to brush off as "mere superstitions"!

Safe to assume we haven't seen the last of Tempest Shadow. Her chances of surviving out in the Frozen North don't seem great, but then if any pony can survive in a place like that its her. I can't decide if Gilda taking her knife is a good thing or a bad thing. Sure, an enchanted dagger is good to have, but I can't shake the feeling that thing is booby trapped, like just about everything else Tempest seems to use. Despite everything I can genuinely sympathize with Tempest plight. One of the things I really like about both Fólkvangr and PoP is the lengths these stories go to present the events from the progonists view, while leaving enough hints to show they don't operate on protagonist centric morality. Everyone's actions make perfect sense to them, even if they seem cruel or downright bonkers to everyone else!

11904856

Sweet, always good to see another chapter of Fólkvangr drop despite this site's best attempts to hide it! (Seriously Fimfiction, why you gotta make this so hard?):flutterrage:

Well, this one is on me. The site did some weird things when I first posted the chapter and it looked like it hadn't published it, so I did it again and ended up having to delete one of the versions.

Gilda is in a bad place right now and there was a line drawn. That is the point of the entire cyclical universe thing: how people changes because of the circumstances they're in and can they remain true to themselves? Will they raise up and become something better, or worse?

11905270
Oof, fingers crossed Gilda doesn't fall any deeper! The only thing worse than watching bad things happen to Best Catbird is to watch Best Catbird make bad things happen!

11905788
Reinforcements are coming!

I feel kinda sad.

11906064
The chapter had its desired effect. Gilda is in a bad place right now.

Login or register to comment