• Published 10th May 2020
  • 1,365 Views, 36 Comments

Rise of the Supermare! - Kaliann25



It is time for Celestia to give Twilight the Power of the Sun but after something goes wrong a new hero is created

  • ...
3
 36
 1,365

Supermare 08

A new era of changes

For the first time in what seemed like forever, Twilight woke up in her own bed. After all the turmoil she had endured, she had finally been able to go home. She had finally found the peace that she had thought was lost forever.

She winced as she was rudely reminded that peace had come at a price. She could swear that there wasn't a single part of her body that didn't ache. The pounding that Dumbsey had given her had shown that she was far from invulnerable. It had been a stark reminder that she had limitations, and that she had to learn what those were.

Memories of the battle flooded her mind. She had yet to come to terms with the fact that her magic was lost to her forever. She had yet to come to terms that she had almost murdered someone. Dumbsey was not responsible for his actions, and she had no right to continue attacking him after he was disabled. She swore she would never take a sentient life.

The alicorn mumbled, "But, I may make an exception if I ever see that worm again." She groaned. "After all he's put us through, I think I could live with putting Master Mind out of our misery. Maybe I'll just step on every caterpillar I find. No, that would do more harm than good. Besides, it'd upset Fluttershy."

Twilight groaned again. There was no telling what body Master Mind would choose next time. She was certain there would be a next time.

Twilight followed the smell of coffee downstairs to where she found her friends waiting for her at the breakfast table. She had begged them to spend the night in the Castle of Friendship, and they had readily agreed to a sleepover.

As she approached the table, she said, "Thank you, everypony! Thank you for being here for me. You have no idea how much I missed all of this -- Ponyville's weather, my home, my bed, and especially you, my friends. You would not believe how lonely I felt."

“Oh Twilight!” said Fluttershy, hurrying to hug her.

The others quickly added to the embrace. Twilight smiled and let herself be hugged. Although she would have loved to have returned the gesture, she did not yet trust her self-control. The others didn't have automatic defenses against superpony strength.

"We would have asked to stay if you hadn't made the suggestion," said Rarity. "We missed you, too."

"It's just not the same when we're not together," said Pinkie Pie. "Now, come on. We made you a scrumptious welcome home breakfast. Weren't you scared facing Dumbsey all by yourself? By the way, don't you think Master Mind was a big meanie for renaming Tirek Dumbsey? That's no way to treat your allies. Even villains should respect each other so . . ."

“PINKIE!” shouted the others.

"Whoopsie!" Pinkie covered her mouth with her forehooves as she giggled.

Twilight smiled at her. "It's okay. I missed this, too. Thank you for the smile, Pinkie Pie."

"Aaaw, my pleasure, Twilight!" replied the pink mare.

Glancing at the clock, Twilight said, "Is it really seven o'clock?"

"Does it matter?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Yes. I want to be first in line for Day Court. I need to apologize for being so rude to the princesses. They didn't deserve my anger." She sighed. "I have to hurry if I want to catch the first train."

Rainbow ruffled her wings. "You know, you could be there in a couple of minutes without even trying."

Twilight resisted the urge to facehoof. "Oh, right. Metapony. This is going to take a lot of getting used to."

Rarity giggled. "No worries, darling. You needn't be in that big a rush. Day Court will be delayed today. The princesses are conducting a war council with the captains of the Royal Guard.

“A war council? Why?”

“Well, darling, we just realized that all this time Equestria’s greatest foe had been spying on us in plain sight. Arrow will serve as a witness,” explained Rarity.

“Huh, I think that makes sense. But why do they need the witness?” asked Twilight.

Spike replied "Before the battle, would you have believed that Equestria's greatest enemy is a caterpillar with glasses? Even now, I can hardly believe it.

"Ah think it's safe to say that anypony would have a hard time believing that, partner," replied Applejack.

Fluttershy looked away. "It's all my fault. I was the one who took Wormy in. I was the one who put Harry in danger."

Twilight blinked. She could swear that Fluttershy's hoof had raked claw marks into the pastry the pegasus had on her plate. The shy pony had gobbled it up before Twilight could look again.

“You know it’s not your fault! He can make your mind all fuzzy and blur your reasoning!” said Pinkie Pie. “And that insect disguise is really convincing!”

“But I’m such a fool!”

“No, you’re not!” said Twilight. “You are Kindness, and this evil being took advantage of you to get closer to us. He is the worst kind of evil. You saw how he treats his allies!”

Everypony shivered at the thought of Tirek's fate. Twilight growled, "I don't care if he's an enemy. I swear I'll do what I can to bring Tirek back."

Rarity said, "Nopony deserves what happened to him, but are you sure that's a good idea, darling?"

Twilight shook her head. "No, but it's the right thing. By the way, what happened after our battle?"

Rainbow Dash replied, "The princesses are taking him to the lowest level of Tartarus. Not even Cerberus can control the sorts of creature they keep down there."

Twilight gave nod as she lost herself in thought. Turning her attention back to her friends, she said, "I guess they'll be busy for a while."

"They'll make time for you," said Rainbow. “Are we going to eat or what? I am starving! Damn speedster metabolism!”

With a smile, Twilight helped herself from the nearest platter and passed it along. As everyone started eating, the conversation turned to lighter matters. Twilight tried to drink in the entire scene. For the first time in what felt like eternity, she was truly happy. Despite everything that happened, she was finally at peace.

As she gently pushed her chair back, Twilight said, "That was the best breakfast I've had in a long time. I guess I should give the princesses a chance to take care of business before I visit."

The alicorn winced as she rose. "In the meantime, I've got to try out the new catalog system I thought up while I was away. Would you lend a hoof or a claw? I'd love to find my copy of ‘Penrod’s Perplexing Puzzles’.”
Fluttershy glanced though the doorway to the library across the castle. “Isn't that the green book propping up that ratty old chair?”

Dash zipped out and returned with the book. “It was under your plot all this time.”

A distant crash drew Twilight’s attention. “Rainbow! That was my favorite chair!”

“Chillax! You can just cast a repair spell.”

Twilight glared at her friend.

Nervously, Rainbow laughed. “Well, time to fly!” With that, she escaped in a streak of cyan.

Spike and the remaining ponies exchanged awkward glances as Twilight glared at Rainbow's trail.

At length, Applejack said, "Ah'd be happy ta help Twi. I need ta do a couple a things back at the farm first, but Ah can help with the heavy liftin'."

Twilight turned back to face her friends. "Thanks, Applejack! I knew I could count on you!"

"We're all here to help, darling," added Rarity.

Fluttershy hid behind her mane. "It's the least I could do after bringing Master Mind into our lives."

Rarity leaned against the pegasus. "It was not your fault."

"This will be splendiferous fun!" said Pinkie.

Spike gave a sigh. "Sorry, Twilight, but I been letting my work pile up. I need to heed out to take care of the rest of my sector. If I'm lucky, I'll be back in a month."

Twilight nodded. “I understand. Sorry for taking so much of your time, Spike. Be who you are meant to be, my little lantern. Make your big sis proud!”

Spike smiled as he summoned his suit. “I will. Take care, Twilight!”

Twilight watched as Lantern flew away. She turned back to her remaining friends and said, "Let's get to work."

Rainbow Dash breathed a sigh of relief as she accelerated through the clear blue sky. There was no way she was going to spend he morning rearranging books, and Twilight had unwittingly given her the perfect excuse to leave. Some might accuse her of being disloyal, but she had argued that this was far from the case. There was something much more important that she had to do for all their sakes.

She had been putting this off for quite some time. Her world was changing in ways that scared her. Because of her pride, she had resisted talking with someone who was living in the same sort of world hers was becoming. Seeing her friend hurt so badly by a metapony had been the last straw. She was going before things got worse.

As she expected, the Mach cone formed around her as she reached the speed of sound. Her sonic rainboom painted the sky as she punched through the sound barrier. To anypony watching, she seemed to disappear. Instead, she had merely unlocked the portal to her true objective, the Speed Force.


The tableau switched to a nexus to all points accessible from the Speed Force. She felt for her friend's connection and followed it through. In Central City, it was not a pegasus who seemed to appear from nowhere; instead, it was a young woman in a cyan bodysuit with a tri-colored lightning bolt emblazoned on its chest.

On a rooftop away from prying eyes, Rainbow Dash wobbled about as she reacquainted herself with walking on two legs and using her new body. In a matter of moments, she was ready. In a cyan blur with rainbow highlights, she sped toward S.T.A.R. Labs.

Midway there, Rainbow felt another presence. Looking over her shoulder, she saw someone chasing her. He was a young man with dark skin, short, curly hair, and brown eyes. He wore a yellow body suit that had red legs and a red lightning bolt on a white field on its chest.

Rainbow frowned as she slowed fractionally to let him catch up. When he was beside her, he said, “Hey! Who are you supposed to be? Why are you heading to S.T.A.R. Labs?”

Frowning, she replied, "What's with you and that suit? You're not Flash, and unless you got weird fashion sense, you're not Zoom."

The youngster frowned as he struggled to keep up. "I'm not either. What do you want with Flash?"

Rainbow eyed him critically. He did not seem like a threat, and there were clearly some design elements from S.T.A.R. Labs in his suit. She gradually slowed to a more comfortable pace for him. She turned her head, and with a friendly smile, she extended her hand. "I'm Flash's first student. The name is Rainbow Dash."

The youngster tilted his head. “Rainbow Dash? Hey, wait a minute. The Dash?!”

“Yeah! Have you heard about me?”

“Are you kidding me? Flash talks about you all the time! Are you really a pony from another dimension?”

“Yes, I am!” Rainbow smiled proudly. “No offense, but who are you?”

The other speedster smiled at her. “Oh, right! We haven’t been introduced. My name is Wally, Wally West. Kid Flash.”

The two of them exchanged a super-fast handshake.

“Let me tell the others you’re here!” Kid Flash smiled.

“Okay, thanks!” said Rainbow happily.

Kid Flash touched the commlink on his earpiece. “Hey everyone! We have a guest!”

“A guest? Who?” asked Cisco Ramon.

“Rainbow. Barry’s student!”

“Rainbow? Great! I’ll make her a huge bowl of Fruitiloos to greet her! Hey Barry! Guess who came for visit? Rainbow!”

“Rainbow?! I’m in Metropolis now, but I'll be right over!” said Flash. “Hey Batman, an old friend came for visit. Can you guys handle the rest by yourselves?”

A gruff grunt came over the commlink, followed by the whoosh of Flash's acceleration."

Kid Flash smiled at Rainbow. “Come on! Everyone, I mean, everypony is waiting for you!”

Rainbow Dash laughed. “Ready to pick up the pace?”

"I was born ready. Hey! Wait for me!


A pair of happy scientists greeted the speedsters in S.T.A.R. Labs. Rainbow eagerly hugged both of them. "Cisco! Caitlin! I'm so happy to see you!"

Caitlin said, "Barry should be here shortly. Joe and Iris will be a bit longer. They can't wait to see you."

"Thanks, guys! I missed you so very much!" Rainbow Dash shed a tear of happiness.

Cisco went to his desk and returned with a bowl full of brightly-colored candies. "Here you go, Fruitiloos. Time to savor the spectrum!"

Rainbow took the bowl from Cisco and handed it to Wally. She said, "That gag was born old."

Cisco smiled. "I'm just messing with you, Fruitiloos. I'm glad you were able to visit."

Rainbow couldn’t help but smile at him. “Thanks Cisco. I missed you, too.”

Caitlin sighed. “Jokes aside, we’re glad to see you, Rainbow. So, what brings you here?”

Rainbow sighed. “It’s a long story, guys. Let’s just say we have too many metaponies and too many vigilantes. My world is changing too fast, and I really need some advice from someone who's already galloped down this road!”

“You came to the right place!” said a voice behind them.

Rainbow smiled and ran to hug her teacher. “Barry! You’re here!”

“Hey, Rainbow.”

“You took long enough; you’re losing your touch, Barry.”

“I was in Metropolis; the League had a little situation. Luckily, we were just cleaning up, and Batman had no problem with me retiring early.”

“The League?” asked Rainbow.

“Yeah, the Justice League. You, better than anyone, should understand the importance of true friendship and teamwork.”

Rainbow shook her head.

“Yeah, sorry. It's just that this is too much of a coincidence. I have lots of things to tell you but I don’t know where to start.”

The Flash offered her a seat. “How about the beginning? Come on, take a seat and tell us all!”

Rainbow thanked and sat. “Huh. I wish I could show you because it is really hard to know where to start.”

Cisco smiled happily. “Don’t worry, Fruitiloos! I have just the thing. I’ve working on this since your last visit.”

He disappeared behind the doors and reappeared with a new pair of goggles and a pair of gloves.

Caitlin raised an eyebrow. “You really want her to use that?”

“Come on! We don’t want to miss this! Also, Rainbow said she didn’t know how to tell us, so why not have her show us instead?”

“Go on, Cisco!” said Rainbow.

Cisco put on his gloves and put his hand on Rainbow Dash’s shoulder and he projected Rainbow’s memories as a hologram in the middle of the room.

The story played out like a documentary. It started with the League's battles with Forest Thing and the senior princess's parents. Next came the discovery of the villains' alliance. The rise of Joker and Sorceress brought a frown to Flash's face. It ended with recent events: the coronation disaster, the creation of the new metapony, and the confrontation with Dumbsey and Master Mind.

With a hint of worry, Flash said, "I can't believe how fast your world has changed in such a short time."

Kid Flash smirked. "Do you seriously have a pony for everything? I swear, your world looks like a ponified version of ours." He then turned to Flash. "Were you really walking around on all fours and eating hay the entire time you were there?"

Flash replied, "Laugh all you want, but you get used to it. Besides, most of the time, I was fighting crime with their Arrow. Teaching Dash involved a lot of independent study."

"So that's the white unicorn in the blue cloak," said Kid Flash. "I must say, their version of Batman seems to be missing a couple of things."

Caitlin smiled wistfully. "I'm more surprised that they have their own Green Lantern."

Flash replied, "I'm not. Hal mentioned a few stories about his friend Spike's day job. Would you believe they have a fire-breathing dragon as an assistant librarian?"

Annoyed, Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. "Yeah. Spike's told us how great it is to have Hal as his friend and mentor. That's not the point. My world has gone crazy, Barry. What am I supposed to do?"

"Trust your instincts."

"What instincts? I've never seen anything like this. Things are changing so fast that I can't keep up. The League is getting stronger, but so are our enemies."

Barry smiled in understanding. "No one can be prepared for something like this, Rainbow Dash. Everything I know I learned by doing. I had to adapt to a world that I did not understand, a world that dragged me in kicking and screaming. Luckily, I found friends when I needed them, and so have you, Rainbow Dash."

“And Barry was there for us when it was our turn to join this new world,” added Caitlin.

Rainbow Dash shook her head. "I'm scared, Barry. I know how many friends this life has cost you. I don't know if I could take that sort of grief."

Barry smiled at Rainbow and hugged her. "Your fear is a good thing, Rainbow. It makes your senses sharper. It makes your reflexes quicker. No one like the prospect of losing loved ones or being forced to endanger them. At the end of the day, all you can do is to be the best you there is. I know you'll do the right thing. I know you're strong enough for this."

Dejected, Rainbow Dash sighed. "I guess you're right. It doesn't make things any less scary."

Barry asked, "Do you know what it means to be brave, Rainbow?"

"Of course! It means to be fearless!"

Barry shook his head. "You know that Green Lanterns are supposed to be without fear. Hal let me in on the secret. Sometimes, what he faces terrifies him. He still does what he has to do."

Rainbow smiled. "Thanks, Barry! You always know what to say."

"What are friends for?" asked Barry.

Rainbow's smile faded. "Yeah, friends. I don't suppose I could hang with you guys for a while. I love Twilight like a sister, but I want to be able to show her that I wasn't ditching her just because sorting books bores me out of my mind."

Shocked, Kid Flash said, "What? You want Barry to lie for you?"

Rainbow huffed. "It's not a lie. I bear the Element of Loyalty. You saw how badly Twilight was hurt in that last battle. I came here because I wanted to learn how I could keep that from happening again."

Kid Flash stared, unconvinced.

"Okay, so I didn't want to do the sorting, too. My previous statement still holds."

Barry pondered for a moment. "I think Wally can handle Central City for now. How about dropping by the Hall of Justice and meeting my League? I bet Hal and Captain Marvel would love to meet you."

"Are you sure?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Batman won't be happy about that, but he's never happy. Let's go!"

“And we’ll have a huge feast at Big Belly Burger when you return!” added Cisco.

“Remember Cisco, veggie burgers for Rainbow.”

“Bacon's a vegetable, isn't it? Just kidding.”

As she raised her cowl, Rainbow smiled. "All right! See you guys later!"

The scarlet speedster disappeared in a red and gold blur. His student followed in a cyan blur with rainbow highlights. Their friends smiled as their trails faded.

Sweet Apple Acres:

Applejack was in a hurry. She had promised to help Twilight, but she had to finish her own chores first. She knew her siblings would cover for her if she were to ask, but it didn't feel right to ask them to take on her job on top of theirs.

“You know we got this, Applejack; go meet yer friends!” said Apple Bloom.

“Eeyup!” added Big Mac as he bucked a tree.

“Thank y'all two but y'all know Ah can’t let you do this on yer own! Ah'll just go on and buck a few trees.”

“Come on, we got this!” said Apple Bloom as she turned into a rhino and charged against a tree.

The impact was so strong that she almost uprooted the tree.

Big Mac said, "Apple bucking ain't about brute strength. It's about earth pony magic. Your powers almost killed that tree."

“Sorry big bro!” said Apple Bloom sheepishly.

“See how Ah can’t leave you two alone?” said Applejack.

The mare planted her hooves on the ground and felt for the tree. Visualizing all of its apples falling, she launched a measured buck. Shocked, she turned her head at the sound of the tree snapping in two.

“Applejack?” asked Apple Bloom in awe.

“What'd y'all do that for?” asked Big Mac.

Applejack looked at her own hooves in disbelief, but soon she frowned. Even a simple earth pony knew that exposure to magic could change a pony. She and Fluttershy had been in the path of the magical explosion that Dumbsey had caused when he smashed the crystal storing Twilight's magic.

“It can’t be.”

Applejack lifted the crown of the dead tree with her hooves. It felt as though it were light as air.

Nervously, she said, "Ah think Ah'll have to leave everything to y'all. Ah have to hurry back to Twilight's"

She dropped the tree and galloped to the barn. There had to be something in there that she could use to test her theory. She reached for her lasso. The moment it touched her hoof, a golden glow flowed from her hoof and surrounded the rope. She now had no doubt that she was a metapony.

Canterlot, that night:

Princess Luna raised the moon and then went back to her chambers to begin her duties patrolling the dream realm. While she did not really need sleep, having to stay up during the day had been more taxing than she had expected. The day had been a long one, and she was tired.

It had started when she and her sister had explained to the nobles and the captains of the Royal Guard about Master Mind. The captains had thought it was a joke to break the ice. Their humor quickly faded when they learned just how dangerous that caterpillar had been.

The nobles had been less understanding. They had suggested that the diarchs were overdue for retirement and that they should turn the reins over to Twilight.

One insufferable noble had said, "Maybe it's time for some fresh blood. After all, Princess Twilight prefers to play the hero. My son would be happy to step in. He was born an elite, and he knows how to make Equestria great again!"

His assertion had been answered by the crack of splintering wood as Arrow bucked the chair out from under him. The stallion's head had dropped to the table with a hollow clunk, and he had fallen over, unconscious.

Celestia had said, "That was completely unnecessary, Arrow."

The vigilante had replied, "He's been running numbers in Canterlot. His son has expanded their illegal gambling racket to other major cities. That was far less than he deserved."

With exaggerated patience, Princess Celestia had said, "This is neither the time nor the place for trivialities. This Master Mind poses an existential threat to our very way of life. The entire Justice League has witnessed his power and seen his form. I'm sure we can all agree that stopping him should be our top priority."

“And why he would choose to become an insect, of all things? It doesn’t make any sense!” Commander Skyward Sword had protested.

“Because this form allows him to stay hidden on plain sight,” Arrow had explained.

The remainder of the council session had been wasted discussing ways to ensure that nothing in the meeting rooms was Master Mind in disguise. It had been less productive than chasing one's tail. The worst part was that they had concluded there was no practical way to guarantee anything.

The next order of business had offered some respite. Twilight Sparkle had arrived to apologize for being rude to the senior princesses. Both Luna and her sister had happily accepted her apology, and they had insisted on continuing their conversation over lunch.

Celestia had asked, “And have you reconsidered taking our place as rightful ruler of Equestria now that you’re back, Twilight Sparkle?”

The lavender alicorn had shaken her head sadly. “I'm sorry. I don't have the magic to handle your duties, and right now, I'm too much of a threat to our ponies."

Luna had asked, "What sort of threat?"

Twilight had replied, "I almost killed someone. I was so angry that I lost control. I let Master Mind trick me into doing what he wanted. Until I learn to control myself, I cannot trust myself to rule our ponies."

The sisters had nodded before Celestia had asked, "So, what will you do now, Twilight?"

The purple alicorn had replied, "I'm still the Princess of Friendship. I'm still Ponyville's librarian. I guess I'll be working with the Justice League along with Applejack. We both need to learn to control our new powers."

The meeting had ended on an upbeat note. Twilight had promised to use her powers for the good of ponykind before she had returned to Ponyville.

Luna sighed as she looked at her night sky from her balcony. She frowned before she voiced her thoughts. “The world is changing, and we are not prepared for it.”

An errant air current caught Luna's attention. She looked to the shadow from where it had come. Although she could see nothing, she could hear soft sound of silk rustling. She said, "Is that you, my dark knight?"

A cold voice came from the shadow. "I am a dark knight, but not yours."

With skills honed from countless battles, Luna raised an invisible shield while lighting her horn to push back the shadow. She said, "Identify yourself."

A figure stepped into the light of Luna's aura. At first glance, it appeared to be an adult version of Batmare, but Luna could see it was an earth pony stallion, more powerful than any royal guard.

The stranger pushed back his cowl, revealing a cropped black mane that complemented his dark gray fur. "My name is Bruce Wayne, though the name 'Batman' might make more sense to you. I am a friend of Barry Allen."

Luna's expression softened fractionally. "Is Barry Allen with you?"

"No. I came on my own. After hearing the Dash's story, I found there are far too many parallels between your world and mine to be pure coincidence. I come bearing a gift." He grimaced. "After all, you do say that friendship is magic."

"A gift?" asked Luna.

The pony opened a pouch on his utility belt and retrieved a small yellow box marked with a black trefoil. He then extended his forehoof toward Luna.

The alicorn took it with her telekinesis. "It is rather heavy for its size. What is in it?"

Batman replied, "It's a piece of the dead planet Krypton. The powers that Princess Twilight showed seem to be Kryptonian in nature. What is inside that box is one of the few things that can neutralize them."

"Why would I want to harm my friend?" asked Luna.

Batman's frown deepened. "Master Mind already tricked her into doing his bidding once. If he becomes serious about controlling her mind, this may be the only thing you have to stop her."

Luna opened the box, revealing a glowing green shard. "This is indeed precious. Is there anything I can give you in return?"

"No."

Luna frowned. "This means you have Kryptonians on your world."

Nodding, the stallion replied, "Two. As soon as I found out about them, I accumulated enough of this in case they became a threat. I hope you never need to use it. I hope I never need to use it, but it is better to have and not need than to need and not have."

With that, the stallion raised his cowl and faded into the shadows.

A harsh, feminine voice cried, "Princess Luna!"

A dark form flashed past and entered the shadow. Two forms exited, with the smaller pinned to the floor. Batman growled, "You're better than I was at that age, but you'll need years more experience before you get to my level."

“Who are you?!” shouted Batmare.

"I am what you will become if you fail." Turning to Luna, he said, "If you want to pay me back, make sure this little one learns there is more to life that being the bat."

With that, Batman disappeared into the shadows.

“Princess what happened here?”

The Princess looked at the mysterious rock a second time, and then back to her protege. “I have no idea, Dark Knight. But at least now we have some insurance.”

“Insurance?”

“A contingency in case Master Mind makes his move with Twilight Sparkle.”

Tartarus, last level:

Tartarus was a series of caverns that had been converted into a prison by the first emperor, Death Ride. Much like the Inferno, inmates were assigned cells according to the level of threat that they posed. Each level contained more dangerous creatures than the one above.

The very bottom was reserved for the worst of the worst. It had originally been the source of power for the Cat Sorceress. She had developed a spell to drain the life force from the prisoners to maintain her own, granting herself immortality.

Faced with the prospect of killing off her energy source, she had developed a less powerful version that took only the magic from its victim. This had been a closely guarded secret that she had taught to her only student.

She had long ago given up on ruling the world, settling instead for a more peaceful existence, one that would not bring the wrath of Harmony onto her head. Still, she kept up with changes to her old lair, so she now waited in the shadows in the last level of Tartarus.

A squadron of guards escorted a monster made of vines covered with terribly sharp spikes. It had two long, sharp horns. Its eyes, however, were truly terrifying. They were the empty eyes of a beast.

Catrina looked at the newcomer and shivered. This creature was brutality come to life.

“What in Tartarus is this thing?!” asked Catrina.

Lighting leapt from one of the guards and struck the others, rendering them unconscious.

“This was Tirek.”

Catrina’s eyes widened. “TIREK? NO! THIS IS WHY I WARNED YOU ABOUT ABSORBING TOO MUCH MAGIC! WHY DIDN’T YOU LISTEN TO ME?”

The guard who spoke to her suddenly transformed into Chrysalis.

The changeling turned to Catrina and said, “He listened to you, but then the damn worm came and did this to him!”

Catrina paled. “Worm? Did you say worm? A caterpillar with glasses?”

Chrysalis nodded.

“You know him?”

Catrina shivered. “He was my old master.”

“If he was your master, you know what to do with him! Sombra and I escaped from him but we’re going back and squish him for what he did to Tirek!”

“Give it up,” sighed Catrina.

“What?”

“You clearly have no idea who you’re dealing with. Why do you think I'm hiding out here? Anything is better than facing him! Seriously, if you value your life, forget about fighting him and turn yourself in to ponies; they'll try to keep you safe. You cannot win against him.”

Author's Note:

And this is the epilogue of the Justice League, with a new hero on her way. Sorry for the delay, but here we are with a new installment.

I hope you liked it and read ya’ later

Comments ( 6 )

Applejack for Wonder Woman. I saw that coming.

REALLY good job on the exchanges, characterizations and future story set-up in this epilogue. Yeah, I can definitely understand the reflections the Mane Six and Spike had following the fight with Tirek/Dumbsey (Twilight ESPECIALLY concerning both the pain she was in AND the guilt of what she almost did), as well as Rainbow's check-up with Barry and Wally, Batman providing Luna with that Kryptonite just in case and meeting Diamond, Applejack finding out a bit about her new abilities (mostly greatly increased strength and the ability to enchant her lasso) following her exposure to Twilight's magic and Chrysalis and Sombra meeting Catrina.

VERY certainly looking forward to the next story in this series.

Time for Wonder Mare and Vixen!

Comment posted by Thedash616 deleted Mar 1st, 2021

I can't help but think that Rainbow still has feelings for Barry.

It would be cool to see a story centered around the CMCs or a series of short slice of life chapters depicting the heroes during their free time. I would read the hell out of either fr

Login or register to comment