• Published 10th May 2020
  • 1,334 Views, 36 Comments

Rise of the Supermare! - Kaliann25



It is time for Celestia to give Twilight the Power of the Sun but after something goes wrong a new hero is created

  • ...
3
 36
 1,334

Supermare 01

The blessing of the Sun

Canterlot Outskirts, Hall of Justice:

Far from the prying eyes of the observation decks, the monitor room was nestled in the most secure portion of the building. Its dim lighting revealed the most advanced technology on the planet of Equus, a mixture of the magical and mundane, the native and the alien. It served two complementary functions. The first was to detect any phenomena that would require action by public safety officers. The second was communicate to the appropriate authorities, be it as minor as a quick chat with a local constable or as massive as contact with every resource the princesses could bring to bear.

A magenta aura brightened the room as the lone figure within used her telekinesis to tweak and twiddle the controls and to fill out the paperwork that was the unseen lifeblood of the organization. She was a rare being, sporting both wings and a horn. Her fur and feathers were lavender, while her mane and tail were dark blue, with a magenta and a purple stripe. Although she now embodied all three tribes, she had ascended from a unicorn. In the heyday of Harmony, she bore the Element of Magic. To this day, some swore she was magic itself. She was none other than Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship, and she more nervous than she had ever been in her life.

The door opened to admit her brother. Despite their differences they were almost as close a mother and son. While he was technically still a baby dragon, he bore the weight of many worlds on his shoulders. He wore a bodysuit with a green torso and black limbs. White boots and gloves completed his ensemble. In the middle of the torso, his suit sported the symbol of his office, a green lantern on a white background.

The dragon said, "There you are, Twilight! Do you know everyone is wondering why you just disappeared? Celestia is worried sick!"

Twilight turned to her little brother and gave him a smile. "Hi, Spike."

The hatchling gently laid his hand on Twilight's withers. "I'm glad I found you. Would you believe Shining Armor's started a betting pool on what you'd be doing? So far, most of the money is on you hiding in a corner, freaking out because of the stress. I told them you'd probably be focusing on some routine chore to keep yourself distracted."

Sighing, Twilight replied, "Touché, Spike."

"You know, Twilight, you could just say no if you don't think this is right for you. Nopony would think any less of you."

"I would. This is what I've been working toward my whole life. Everypony is counting on me, and if I mess this up, everypony pays the price. The fate of Equestria is now in my hooves, Spike."

"I know exactly what you mean, Twilight."

Twilight glare at him. "When was the last time you held the fate of thousands of ponies in your claws, Spike?"

Spike raised his right hand and let his ring shimmer.

Twilight deflated as she lowered herself to the floor. "Oh . . . right. I didn't mean to belittle you, Spike. It's just that this coronation is so overwhelming and . . . I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it, Twilight." Spike helped his sister to her hooves. "I know you didn't mean it. Let's go home so you can unwind. You really need to get some rest before your big day."

"Thank you, Spike," said Twilight. "I guess being responsible for one little country is nothing compared to having to watch over the universe like you do."

Spike shrugged. "It's only one sector -- no big deal."

The siblings walked in silence to the basement of the Hall of Justice. Stepping through a stack of nondescript packing crates, they came to the secret transportation crystal array. The network combined the best of magic and technology from two worlds. It allowed for almost instantaneous transportation between two nodes, no matter how far apart they were.

While Spike set the coordinates, Twilight asked, "How did you know where to find me?"

Chuckling, Spike replied, "We watch the watchers. Seriously, with the security system that you and Doctor created for this place we could even see you proofreading Dash's report."

"And you didn't tell Celestia?"

Spike shrugged. "You might need to talk to her, but we know you don't want to talk to her, not yet. I wanted to make sure everything had settled down before that happened.

Twilight gave a thankful smile. "I know I must sound like a broken record, but thank you, Spike. You were my superhero long before you got that ring."

"I'll be there for you whenever you need me, Twilight, including tomorrow."

The alicorn replied, "Thanks. Is the rest of the League going to be there?"

Spike smiled. "I think everypony in the country is going to be there. We'll all be there as civilians. After all, it will be your day."

Twilight groaned. "I was hoping you guys might cover for me if I mess up."

Winking, Spike said, "Don't worry. If things go really bad, I'll just have Pinkie Pie fire all the party cannons simultaneously. I even convinced Dash to stage a twenty-one bum salute with the Wonderbolts if all else fails."

Twilight giggled. "You're the greatest, Spike."

Canterlot Castle, the next day:

Everypony knew it was the dawn of a new era. The grand courtyard in front of Canterlot Castle was filled to capacity. As they waited for the sun to peek over the horizon, many in the crowd grumbled because Princess Celestia had decided to make it literally so.

The older ones knew that these times were extraordinary. It had seemed like nothing had truly changed in hundreds of years. Then, just ten years ago, the Mare in the Moon descended and gave rise to the Age of Harmony. Twilight Sparkle and her friends had cracked the secret and brought the Elements of Harmony to life, each bearing as aspect of the virtues that made up the whole. Their exploits were legendary; Chrysalis, Sombra, and the Storm King were but a few of threats the power of Harmony had overcome.

With those major threats quelled, new threats came to light. It was the dark side of ponykind. It has not been born to fill the void the others left; instead, it had always been there. Without the glare of existential threats, the darkness could be readily seen.

These were things that were immune to Harmony. These needed a new way to cope. For a time, it seemed as though darkness threatened to overtake ponykind as the Arrow met darkness with darkness. When things seemed their bleakest, a visitor from another world had come and tempered the Arrow's methods. The visitor also mentored the Dash, ushering in the era of masked heroes and metaponies.

Today's event, however, promised to be far more spectacular. After millennia, the royal sisters of Equestria, Princesses Celestia and Luna, were stepping down. They were hoofing the reins of power to Twilight Sparkle.

As they made their way to the assembly area, Fluttershy nervously said, "I . . . I don't know about this, Rainbow Dash. I mean, the security is impressive, but don't you think somepony will take advantage of having all the princesses and so many ponies in one place?"

"Easy, Flutters!" replied Rainbow Dash. Tilting an ear toward the timid pegasus, she continued. "We have eyes and ears all around. Besides, the whole League is here. We may be out of costume, but we're far from helpless. I bet even now, they're scanning the crowd."

True to her word, Blue Blood was in elevated seating as Count Jimmy O'Dell, a chestnut stallion with a jet-black mane and a fox eating grapes as a cutie mark. The others were out as themselves. Silver Spoon sat next to Diamond Tiara in the reserved seating, while the Cutie Mark Crusaders were in the VIP section as sisters of Element Bearers. All had hidden weapons they could bring to bear in the blink of an eye.

As everypony in the assembly area took their places, Rarity tapped her earpiece. "All hooves check in."

Earpieces crackled.

"Cobalt clear," said Blue Blood.

"Diamond clear," said Diamond Tiara.

"Silver clear," said Silver Spoon.

"Emerald clear," said Sweetie Belle.

"Amber clear," said Applebloom.

"Amethyst clear," said Scootaloo.

"Opal clear," said Rainbow Dash.

Rarity turned and glared.

Smirking, Rainbow Dash said, "What? You said 'all hooves'."

From the back of the assembly area, Trixie said, "The fireworks are all set. Let's get this show on the road."

Rarity tapped her earpiece. "We're on."

The crowd hushed as the fanfare played. The sun broke through a hole in the clouds and illuminated the stage. Shining Armor proudly led the color guard out. In pairs, they lined the path to the podium. Once they were in place, Spike marched out, carrying a banner with Twilight's cutie mark while Pinkie Pie pronked from one side to the other. Fluttershy and Applejack followed, side by side. Twilight came next. Rarity was on her left, carrying a banner with Luna's cutie mark, while Rainbow Dash was on her right, carrying a banner with Celestia's cutie mark.

Once Spike and the Bearers had taken their places at the front of the stage, the crowd roared. Shyly, Twilight waved at the crowd.

The band switched to a formal march. Celestia sedately marched out with Cadence to her left and Luna to her right. The younger princesses seated themselves at their thrones while. Celestia went to the rostrum. As the music stopped, the crowd bowed. Spike and the Bearers turned to face her. Except for Twilight, they bowed.

In a magically projected voice, Celestia said, "Everypony, please be seated." Once the crowd settled, she continued. "We are gathered here today to say goodbye to yesterday, and welcome to tomorrow. Before we do, my fellow princesses and I would like to say a few words about our honoree."

Celestia stepped back to her throne, and Cadance went to the rostrum. The pink alicorn said, "Good morning, everypony. I am Cadance, princess of the Crystal Empire. As you may know, I was once Twilight Sparkle's foalsitter. Yes, before she was a princess, before she was an Element Bearer, she was a little filly. I found something special in her, something that I can see even to this day. That special something was determination."

"When I first started foalsitting, I found that Twilight's parents were very worried about Twilight not eating a healthy diet. So, they were very strict about what she could have for a snack. Every day, it was the same -- bread, butter, and fresh fruit. You can imagine how sick she was of it."

"She had begged me for cookies, but of course, I had to refuse. I explained to her that she was only allowed to have what her parents had set aside. Instead of crying or throwing a tantrum, she asked to be taken to the library."

"Instead of going to the foals' section, she went straight to the card catalog. I was surprised to find she wanted books on ancient earth pony history."

"When we returned, I realized there was method to her madness. She was looking up old food preservation techniques. With a little work and a dehydration spell, fruit became fruit juice became powdered sweetener. Bread became breadcrumbs that she mixed with the butter and sweetener. Using only what her parents allowed, she had her cookie."

"That is what I see in Twilight Sparkle today. Creativity and determination."

The crowd erupted with a roar. Cadance took her seat, and Luna trotted to the rostrum.

The crowd hushed. Luna said, "Greetings. I am Luna, Princess of the Moon. Twilight Sparkle saved me from myself, and, for that, I shall be forever grateful. While she may bear the Element of Magic, it is not magic itself that makes her special.

When I first met her, she seemed to be just an ordinary unicorn, not long out of foalhood. As powerful as she was, her power was nothing against the might of an alicorn. She seemed to be brash and arrogant, just like the typical unicorn warrior.

She challenged me, snorting and hoofing the ground. It was a scene I had lived innumerable times. The fools never had the sense to run away; they always tried to intimidate me with the power of their aura. I, of course, responded in kind; after all, there was no way a mere unicorn could be a threat to me. She charged, screaming as if her voice might make a difference. As I raced to meet her, in my mind's eye, I could see what would happen next. We would meet somewhere in the middle. I would overwhelm her magic with mine. Once she realized the futility of her attack, I would crush her. Just before she reached me, she vanished."

Luna smiled. "She didn't use magic as her weapon; she used my arrogance. As talented is she may be with magic, that is not what I see as her greatest strength. Her true power is being able to make the most of what she has available.

"As Twilight has saved me from myself, I shall endeavor to do the same. To you, Twilight, I say, do not forget that at your core, you a pony, capable of great good and great evil. Do not do the easy things because they are easy. Do the right things because they are right."

Celestia returned to the rostrum as Luna returned to her seat. Celestia said, "Thank you, Cadance. Thank you, Luna." Looking out at the crowd, she said, "I know what many of you must think when you see Twilight here on the stage. 'How lucky.' 'She's perfect.' Nothing could be further from the truth." She nodded at Twilight.

"Twilight is not here because she is lucky. She is here because she earned it. She is here because of a lifetime of hard work. Long before she became my student, she had dedicated herself to study. As my student, she kept her muzzle to the grindstone, learning everything she could on every subject. To this day, she is a dedicated researcher, learning as much as she can about a new problem before she tries to tackle it."

"Twilight is hardly perfect. Like any pony, she has made her share of mistakes, small and large. Time and again, she has been knocked down, but each and every time, she has picked herself up and persevered, applying what she has learned. Every failure led to a new success. Every victory was hard-earned."

"For those of you who think that being a princess is all sunshine and rainbows, just think of the trials that Twilight has faced. She took on the reins of power when she rescued Luna and me. She willingly gave up all of her magic to defeat Tirek. She led an expedition into the unknown to take down the Storm King."

"Having watched as Twilight has grown from foal to filly, from filly to mare, having witnessed her trials and tribulations. While impressive, it was not her talent in magic that I found truly special. The real magic was the way she was able to learn and grow. I am confident that she is now ready to take the next step in her life, to lead a nation."

Turning back, she said, "Cadance, Luna, please join me." The two took their places on the rostrum. Celestia then said, "Please approach us, Twilight Sparkle."

Nervously, the junior alicorn did as she was asked. The hole in the clouds narrowed, putting the alicorns in the spotlight. Cadance said, "Love and hate are two sides of the same coin. Both have power beyond measure. Do you, Twilight Sparkle, promise to temper what you feel in your heart with what you know in your head?"

Solemnly, Twilight replied, "I do."

Luna said, "Every pony has the capacity for great good and great evil. Often, the wrong way it the one that feels the best. Do you, Twilight Sparkle, promise to always strive to be the best pony you can be?"

Solemnly, Twilight replied, "I do."

Celestia said, "Heavy is the head that wears the crown. It is a symbol of the responsibility for all of ponykind. Every act you take, no matter how small. has the potential to harm in ways you never intended. Do you, Twilight Sparkle, promise to put the needs of ponykind above all others, regardless of cost? Do you promise to lead every attack, no matter how hopeless? Do you promise to cover every retreat, no matter how desperate? Do you promise to be the pony that all others should strive to be?"

Solemnly, Twilight replied, "I do."

A small, bright sphere of turquoise magic floated from Cadance's horn and hung above Twilight. The pink princess said, "With this sign, I grant my approval."

A small, bright sphere of white magic floated from Luna's horn and hung above Twilight. The dark princess said, "With this sign, I grant my approval."

A small, bright sphere of yellow magic floated from Celestia's horn and hung above Twilight. The white princess said, "With this sign, I grant my approval."

Celestia turned to Cadance and nodded. The pink princess said, "Everything worthwhile begins with love." A wire unwound from her tiara and snaked out to absorb the sphere of her magic. It then wove itself to form the base of a new tiara that floated above Twilight's head.

Luna said, "Without the darkness, the light has no meaning." A wire unwound from her tiara and snaked out to absorb the sphere of her magic. It then wove itself into the base, adding a layer. A crescent moon emblem detached itself from Luna's tiara and attached itself to the new crown.

Celestia added, "The darkness must be balanced by the light." A wire unwound from her tiara and snaked out to absorb the sphere of her magic. It wove itself into the new tiara, completing its shape. A sun emblem detached itself from Celestia's tiara and tucked itself behind the moon emblem.

The three senior princesses each extended a wingtip and gently lowered the new tiara onto Twilight's head.

The three bowed before Twilight, touching horns for a moment before stepping back. Celestia looked over at the crowd and said, "Now, my little ponies, with all of you as my witnesses, I, Princess Celestia, grand the power of the sun to a new bearer!"

The crowd watched in awe as Celestia's horn glowed. A yellow aura flowed down to Twilight, going in through her horn. She started to transform from lavender to yellow, glowing ever brighter. Flecks of magenta peeked through as the aura intensified. Soon, it seemed as though Twilight had disappeared in a cage of yellow and magenta bars. Suddenly, she exploded. Twice.

...

Twilight stood awestruck as Celestia towered over her. As the new power poured into her, she whispered, "This is amazing! I can feel . . . I can see . . . I know . . . everything!"

Softly, Celestia replied, "Remember that feeling, Twilight. Remember, you must always use your power for the good of ponykind."

Wrapped in light, Twilight began to float. The yellow aura around her developed magenta flecks that grew into magenta stripes that soon took up half of the aura.

Luna gasped. "Tia! It's destabilizing!"

Celestia replied, "I can't control it!"

Cadance watched in horror as Twilight's body looked as though it were dissolving.

Twilight gasped, "No! Too much! It hurts!" Every fiber of her being cried out in pain as the was being torn apart by the conflicting energies. "Make it stop! Make It Stop! MAKE IT STOP!"

Desperately, she marshalled her will and pushed. A thunderous boom filled the air as bright yellow solar magic was expelled in every direction from every orifice. She didn't even have a chance to catch her breath when the new magic returned with even more force. There was a second explosion as magenta magic left even more messily.

Most of the crowd stared in shock at the spectacle. The smart ones left before the echoes of the explosions had faded.

Twilight collapsed to the ground. Her body greedily absorbed the solar magic, changing her color from yellow back to its normal lavender. She hyperventilated as she tried to process what had happened. Something was definitely different. Something was definitely wrong. She tried to isolate the problem, but a constant roar made it difficult to think.

Celestia lay next to her stricken protege and said, "Twilight, I am so, so sorry. Are you okay?"

Twilight clamped her hooves over her ears. Somepony was using the Royal Canterlot Voice right next to her! She turned toward the voice and opened her eyes. She instantly regretted it. She saw a large, living skeleton with translucent organs. By the looks of things, it had devoured a banquet-sized cake. Desperately, Twilight summoned the strongest shield spell she knew. The monster moved right through it and touched her muzzle. Twilight took the only logical course of action; she screamed in terror.

Abruptly, she stopped. Someone was turning her own voice against her. As loud as the monster had been, she was even louder. Shocked, Twilight reared back. The monster closed the distance. Twilight's most powerful spells were useless. Panicked, she pushed as hard as she could.

Celestia felt something snap as she flew backward. She punched a hole through a wall before embedding herself in another. She felt bone grind on bone as she pulled herself out. She gasped, "Nopony could be that strong!" She stood still for a moment, stabilizing herself with her unicorn magic while her earth pony magic healed her injuries.

Outside, Twilight reared up with her forehooves clamped over her ears. That did nothing to stop the aural onslaught. She screamed, "Make! It! STOP!" She slammed her forehooves on the ground. The force of the blow spread like a ripple in a pond, breaking tiles and toppling walls.

For Rainbow Dash, the world seemed to be moving in ultra-slow motion. Looking about, she could see where all the debris was going to land, and in what order. Pegasus magic merged with the speed force, allowing her to move the would-be victims to safety without exhausting herself. She easily dodged the falling rubble, but it was getting progressively more difficult to reach all of the ponies who were about to be crushed.

In real time, ponies watched in horror as the world around them collapsed. As the stage disappeared in a cloud of dust, the audience watched in horror as they were bombarded by debris. As they fled, the found themselves being pushed this way and that, with chunks of debris slamming into the spots they would have moved. That only added to their determination to leave.

When the dust cleared, the scene revealed was a field of debris, Twilight was standing with her forehooves embedded in the ground. The stage was otherwise clear of ponies. Above the stage, suspended in a green force bubble, was the Canary. Hovering next to her was Green Lantern.

Arrow's voice came over the commlink. "I have overwatch. Smokescreen and change."

In the reserved seating, Silver Spoon set off a smoke bomb as Diamond Tiara lobbed a smoke grenade over the VIP section. Once the smoke spread, the junior members shed their outer clothing, revealing their costumes. Scootaloo crawled away from the others.

Meanwhile at what was left of the stage, Lantern and Canary touched down. Lantern said, "Evacuate the civilians. I'll talk to Twilight."

As Canary hustled to the nobility seating, Lantern walked to the trembling Twilight. He asked, "Twilight, what's wrong?"

Twilight turned her head to the voice. It was another living skeleton. She snarled, "You monster! What did you do to my brother?"

Puzzled, Lantern replied, "What are you talking about? It's me. Spike."

"Liar!" She pushed as hard as she could with her telekinesis. Nothing happened. The monster came closer.

"Just take it easy, and well get you some help."

"Stay back!" Twilight lashed out with her forehooves.

One of the secrets of the power ring is that it has a failsafe that protects its bearer from mortal harm. That feature raised the forcefield that saved Spike's life. As the little dragon broke the bonds of gravity, he gasped as he felt bones moving in ways that were most definitely not natural.

Twilight barely had time to catch her breath when she saw much larger living skeleton approach. In a grotesque parody of her childhood ritual, it said, 'Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake. Clap your hooves and give a little shake."

"Nice try, monster," replied Twilight. "What did you do with the real Cadance?"

This time, when she lashed out, something pushed her hooves aside. It said, "Stay back, Cadance." Twilight cast her blasting spell. The creature didn't even notice. It said in Luna's voice, "Twilight Sparkle! You must cease this now. We can help you, but only if you let us."

Luna smiled grimly at the junior alicorn's wild flailing. With skills refined by centuries of combat, Luna trapped Twilight's forehooves in hers. With a practiced twist, she locked the smaller alicorn in a control position, using Twilight's body against itself. Nopony could break that sort of hold. Still, she couldn't help but think there was something wrong. The little bookworm should have felt soft and flabby, but her muscles felt as strong as steel.

Twilight gasped as she was forced into an unnatural position. The skeleton was not nearly as hard she imagined that naked bone would feel. Regardless, she could not let the monster win. With all her might, she untwisted her body. To her relief, the monster who had tried to pin her was gone.

As she tumbled through the air, Luna exclaimed, "Impossible! Nopony can be that strong!" She drew in all her limbs and then extended them to cancel her spin. She sailed into the now-open room and embedded into the wall next to where her sister had landed.

A thunderclap had punctuated Twilight's throw as Scootaloo exclaimed, "Shazam!"

Arrow's voice came over the commlink. "Marevel! You have to keep her contained! She's stronger than Celestia!"

"Roger that!" came the reply.

Twilight watched in horror as another monster flew at her faster than any pony should. She tried her shield spell again. Again, there was no effect. She aimed her her most powerful buck at it. The monster casually blocked it with her forehooves. "Princess Twilight! Stop! You're hurting ponies!"

Twilight ignored the suggestion and flailed away. The monster blocked or deflected every blow and landed attacks of its own. For all the effect they had, the monster might as well have been hitting her with a pillow.

Batmare's voice came the commlink. "Scootaloser! Stop playing around! Knock her out!"

Arrow's voice replied, "She's landed blows that would have stopped Celestia."

Marevel said, "Please, Princess, stop! I don't want to hurt you!" To her surprise, Twilight glared at her. Angry red beams of energy shot out of the purple alicorn's eyes and drove her back, burning holes in Marevel's costume.

With the threat out of the way, Twilight desperately looked around for the next threat. Whatever was attacking her seemed to be getting more desperate, setting things on fire.

Meanwhile, Celestia had caught Lantern with her magic, gently stopping him. "You're hurt," she said as he coughed up some blood.

A green aura came from his ring and flowed over his body. He winced as bones were repositioned and mended and perforated organs were made whole. Lantern said, "It doesn't matter. I have to save Twilight, even if it is from herself." With that, he flew back to his sister.

At the same time, Dash jerked Canary out of the way of the heat beams. Dash said, "Make sure all the civilians are clear; I've got to figure out a way to stop Twilight." She launched herself toward Twilight.

Marevel had shaken off her initial surprise. With her burns healed by her innate magic, she flew back toward Twilight.

Arrow's voice came over the commlink. "Dash, Marevel, and Lantern are all inbound."

Dash responded, "Climb and form up. Cyclone spin on my lead."

"What's that?" asked Lantern.

"Follow the leader and fly in circles," replied Marevel.

High above Twilight, the three flew in trail formation. Dash banked hard and dove down. A half second later, Marevel followed. Lantern went a half second after that.

To Twilight's surprise, one of the monsters flashed in front of her, then a second, and then a third. The cycle repeated as the three circled her at amazing speed. She gasped as a cyclone formed and lifted her off the ground. The burning seemed to stop.

Dash's voice said, "Twilight, please, we just want to talk!"

"I DON'T TALK TO MONSTERS!"

Spikes voice said, "Twilight, if you don't stop, nopony'll notice the party cannons."

Dash's voice added, "And we're one rump short of a twenty-one bum salute."

Twilight blinked. "Spike? Rainbow? It's really you?"

Lantern said, "In the scales."

"What's wrong, Princess Twilight?" asked Marevel.

"I'm seeing things, hearing things. Somepony turned my senses up to eleven!"

"Your friends are all here," said Lantern. "Please, let us help you."

"You can't; nopony can. It's too much! I never should have accepted! Make it stop. Make It Stop. MAKE IT STOP!"

To Lantern's surprise, Twilight seemed to vanish. Dash and Marevel, however, could see the truth. Twilight had flown out through the whirlwind's wall. Dash said, "Since when did she get super speed?"

Marevel replied, "I guess just now. What I want to know is how she flew without using her wings."

Dash pulled out of the circle and looked around. Twilight was nowhere to be seen. She tapped her earpiece and said, "She's gone."

Arrow replied, "Everyone, meet on the stage."


The three princesses stood in the back of the ruined room as the League arrived. Arrow asked, "Are you three all right?"

Celestia stretched. "Only because we're alicorns." Pointing a wing to Luna, she said, "We are going to stop Twilight Sparkle before she hurts anypony else, including herself."

Lantern floated right in front of her so that their eyes were at the same level. "What did you do to her?"

Celestia replied, "Spike, this is not the time. You and the League are dismissed. This is something I have to do personally." She turned away.

Spike stayed right in front of her. "I asked you a question. What did you to to her?"

Sternly, Celestia said, "As Princess of Equestria, I order you to stand down."

"As Twilight's brother, I don't care. What did you do to her?"

Luna said, "Spike, this is not the time. We have to capture Twilight first."

The rest of the League formed behind Lantern. Arrow said, "The League will find Twilight."

Cadance said, "You don't understand; you're too close. How can we trust you to make the right decision with a loved one?"

Lantern quirked an eyebrow as he pointedly looked at Celestia and then looked back at Luna. "How can you trust somepony to make a difficult decision about their own sister?"

Celestia sighed. "Point taken. Go find her while we search for a cure. Please, bring her back unharmed."

Lantern rolled his eyes. "She is my sister."

Luna added, "Try to keep the damage to a minimum. Our insurance agent is never going to believe this."

"We'll do what we can," promised Dash.

With that, the League left.

Unknown location:

Sorceress entered the abandoned Tatzelwurm tunnel and bowed before the caterpillar who was calmly munching on a leaf. A casual observer would have been shocked to learn the worm was actually just a vessel for an immortal, Master Mind.

“Do you have it?” asked Master Mind.

Sorceress smiled and seemingly from nowhere produced a crystal with a bright magenta glow. “As you requested, the magic of Twilight Sparkle.

Master Mind eyed it skeptically. "Did you get all of it?"

"Almost. It scattered in many directions at once, and I maxed out the capacity of the crystal."

"That's a pity, but it's more than what we need to feed the big guy," replied the caterpillar, giggling.

Sorceress bowed respectfully before her master. "I do not question your judgement, Master, but isn't this a waste? After all, pure alicorn magic like this is extremely rare, and I don't think he'd know the difference between this and normal unicorn magic."

Master Mind gave Sorceress a condescending smile. “As always, you are unable to see beyond your muzzle, my little apprentice. Twilight Sparkle won’t need her magic anymore, now that she has the gifts of the sun itself. Why not give it to him?”

Sorceress shrugged. "I had hoped there would be a more deserving candidate you could recruit.

"Ever the skeptic, I see. That is good; the more you understand, the better."

“I am sorry Master! I know you know best but this still doesn’t make sense to me.”

“Let’s just say that there’s a limit of how much power you can consume before it consumes you. Our dear Twilight found that out the hard way. Just think, this is only the beginning.”

Author's Note:

And here we go again. The JLE is back and with a new member. I know a lot of people don’t like the idea of Twilight becoming the Supermare, but the idea of Celestia giving her the Power of the Sun gave me the idea and I couldn’t help myself. I hope you like the first chapter and,

Read ya’ later!!