• Published 8th Feb 2020
  • 494 Views, 12 Comments

Backstory of Melody Song - Melody Song



The backstory of my character, Melody Song.

  • ...
4
 12
 494

Dimension Master

I walked through the Ether with a smile. I was standing on two legs, walking forward confidently. I had on a purple hoodie on with a techno-style violet skirt. Violet sneakers with black stripes were on my feet. I wore circular, transparent purple glasses and violet cat ear headphones with black accents. My hair flowed around my shoulders, the purple stripe glowing due to the Ether. A bow and quiver of arrows was on my back. I also wore a violet bandanna around my neck that bore the words "Primo Victoria" in fine stitching.

It's been about five months since I got my magic and I'm getting a much better grip on it. For example, I'm currently talking through a circular bubble of my violet magic to a bacon-haired girl.

"Heh, no trouble at all Sunny, I swear. With your Pharynx, Temp, Thor, and Cellus on the job it was all wrapped up pretty quickly anyway."

"Okay, that's good." Sunset said, smiling. "You have a safe trip home, Twilight would kill me if her student vanished while 'under my care'."

"Relax, I can handle myself." I laughed. "Be worried about Thor and Cellus if anyone."

"Oh relax, Phar's with them, they're fine." a mulberry colored twenty year old said from Sunset's side of my communicator as she walked by.

"Alright. I'll be sure to stop by for you two's wedding then!" I teased

"Oh shush!" Tempest blushed and waved her hand in dismissal. I just giggled more when I noticed that she was waving the hand the ring was on. "If it were up to me you know we'd elope, but Rarity seems to want to dress us up like dolls, so..."

I laughed. "I know Temp. Anyway, say bye to Phar, Thor, and Cellus for me. I hope Thor and Cellus are okay."

"Just a bit shaken. You know they never got any assignments back at that mansion." Tempest replied. "They just have the training-and they're not that good at that anyway."

"Mhm. But I mean, spies are spies." I shrugged. "I like the new business name though. Fighting for Right, Evading Evildoers. Thorax come up with it or Ocellus?"

"F.R.E.E? Who do you think? Thorax the dork." a familiar rough voice called from out of my line of sight, making Tempest giggle.

"How many of you guys are there?!" I exclaimed, laughing.

"Thorax and Ocellus are here too." Tempest replied "We were giving Sunset a briefing on the mission she tasked us with."

"I offered to pay them." Sunset added "The Sirens needed to be captured."

"And we refused." a green skinned eighteen year old with orange hair and magenta purple eyes stuck his head into view. "Friends don't pay."

"Thorax, get back over here, you're still limping!" a cyan boy with bright red hair and lavender eyes shoved him backwards. "And so help me, I'm not letting Ember chew me out for not keeping you safe!"

"Okay, okay!"

"Uh, yeah, we should probably let you go..." Sunset said.

"Nonesense!" I stopped at a place in the Ether where there seemed to be a line. I slung off my bow and arrow and tossed them over the line, making them become smaller. "I have a bit before Twilight's dumb leader's meeting she's making me attend."

"Okay then." Sunset shrugged. "Really just wanted to make sure you were okay, you didn't come over to mom and auntie's when the others did."

"Had to head back to my world." I replied

"Okay then." Sunset said "Now we've got to go, the Synesthetes have another mission in ten."

"Aww, wish I could come, one time thing with the Sirens, right?" I asked

"You never know." Pharynx walked into view, tugging the suit he was now wearing. "Might be another mission where we... ugh, need your specific... assets."

"Magical Music does come in handy when dealing with singing hypnotizers." I said, smirking. "What's the matter, Mr. Valedictorian of Hivelair High School? Ashamed to admit you need help?"

"Whatever." Pharynx rolled his eyes. "Ocellus, Thorax, and I will be infiltrating a charity auction, there's a rumor going around that a play will be made for one of the items."

"That explains the suit." I said "Okay then. See you, I've got to go!"

I shut off the communication bubble. I then took a breath and stepped over the line. I came out on the other side in my normal form again. I flexed my wings, looking down to make sure the bandanna had stayed, which it had.

"Ahh, nice to have these back. The human world never gets old though." I looked down to see the Friendship Castle below me. "The Ether is such a better way of crossing dimensions, take that Headmare." I chuckled.

I picked up my bow and arrow and walked a little further. I stopped over the school, then raised my wings as they glowed. The Ether swirled in front of me and multiple circles appeared, showing me the leaders. It was time for me to resume my role as the Teacher's Assistant of the School of Friendship.

"Okay, so it looks like Thorax and Pharynx are already there... Novo's entering the school, Ember's... being really sweet leaning against Thorax, aww! Rutherford's talking with Pinkie...Celestia's there, huh, that's new. Looks like the only one not there is Gruff, no surprise." I rolled my eyes.

Well, if that old buzzard wasn't going to bother to show up to the meetings, he clearly wasn't the right one for the job of representative of Griffonstone. I thought for a bit, then smirked. I know just the griffons to take his place. Maybe it was finally time for a new leader of Griffonstone. A few leaders, actually.

"Ooh, is Melody plotting something?"

"Heh, not now Cacophony." I said, heading over the school courtyard. "I have an old geezer to replace with some competent griffons."

"Can't I help?"

"You only make me angry. This needs to be handled calmly."

"Oh fine."

Heh, yeah... turns out the near ascension gave my darkest tendencies and my short fuse a consciousness. It's actually kind of helpful, it's letting me get a grip on my emotions. Before you ask, she named herself. Cacophony. Because it's the opposite of a Melody. Bit on the nose but it works. And she's not even at her full power yet. If I ever went completely out of control, she'd emerge as her own pony. But I try not to let that happen so I'm not sure what she'd look like.

Anyway, I'd better get down into that meeting. I have a few "suggestions" to make to Headmare Twilight regarding the Griffonstone monarchy.

Author's Note:

And this is the end. But my pony-sona will be appearing in other stories. So you will find out what I was talking about with recreating the Griffonstone monarchy. I'm just ending it here because as the title states, it's a backstory, not the full story. I hope you enjoyed.

~Melody Song

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment