• Published 8th Feb 2020
  • 494 Views, 12 Comments

Backstory of Melody Song - Melody Song



The backstory of my character, Melody Song.

  • ...
4
 12
 494

A New Change

I blinked and rubbed my eyes. "Where am I...?" I murmured.

I looked around, noticing that I was floating in midair. The place was teal at the top and faded to a light purple at the bottom. Well, I assume there's a top... I can't see it. I opened my wings and attempted to fly. It worked. I flapped my wings and flew down, searching for a floor. My hooves touched the violet abyss and I could stand. It was like I was walking on glass. I could feel that there was a bottom but I couldn't see it.

"Okay... stay calm... and asses your surroundings..." I breathed, then walked forwards. "Weird... what is this place-?"

I stiffened involuntarily. Something was tugging at me.

"What's going on? Who's there?"

"What a surprise... it's been a while since I got to share this realm with others..." a familiar chimera-like creature appeared, twirling his goatee.

"D-Discord?" my voice wavered "Where am I, what's going on?"

"Strange... you should've been forced out of here by now..." Discord moved closer to me and I stepped back, scared. "Tell me, do you feel a pulling sensation inside you?"

"S-So what if I do?"

"That's a yes then."

"Discord, I'm not in the mood for games, just please get me out of here!" I yelled, feeling tears begin to come.

"Don't worry, you'll go back home soon." Discord told me. "Now I'd better leave. The Ether doesn't like guests to intrude when it picks it's new masters and I'm afraid I'm no exception."

He disappeared with a snap of his claws.

"Wh-What?! Discord, please! I don't know where I am or what to do, I need help!" I shouted.

I continued to shout for help, begging for Discord to come back. He may be annoying and switch sides more than I move from my mom's to my dad's... but the fact that he found me meant he was a way out. My only hope. But he was gone. I guess he didn't hear me. What did he mean, masters? And what did he call this place...? The 'Ether'?

I gasped as my surroundings suddenly began to glow. They pulsed and seemed to hum with an angelic light and sound. I looked around, scared. What the heck is going on? The light grew brighter and I was lifted into the air. I screamed as I felt something streaking through my mane... it went down to my hooves and wrapped around my wings... even my cutie mark pulsed.

"What's going on?!" I yelled, then something streaked towards my face. I yelped and tried to cover my eyes but the thing entered them and I felt it whirling around inside my pupils.

The whole thing didn't hurt... I felt no pain. But it was so... weird... and wonderful... like I had just taken a breath of fresh air after running a great distance. Or like I'd hugged the summer sun. I hit the invisible ground again and looked around.

"What... what happened?" I asked, receiving no response, of course. "D-Discord? I... I wanna go home..."

I felt tears begin to fall again. I shut my eyes, and suddenly it was like I was in one of those dreams where you fall... I sank, and suddenly there was no floor beneath me... and I was weightless. I couldn't even scream, though I saw a violet colored flash through my eyelids. I hit something solid, then heard screams before I heard nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling a weight like a blanket over my body. I looked around, seeing Harper's face.

"H-Harp?"

"Mel!" they tackled me in a hug as I sat up. "Don't you ever scare us like that again, you hear me?!"

"W-What are you talking about? What happened?" I asked, as Headmare Twilight, who I hadn't noticed, stepped forwards.

"Melody, what's the last thing you remember?"

I thought back. "Well... you're not going to believe this, but... I ended up in some weird world... Discord was there and he said something about it choosing a new master... then he disappeared and some kind of light wrapped around me. I blacked out after that..."

"Discord?" Headmare Twilight asked, and I nodded. "But then... DISCORD!"

Harper and I both flinched at the volume. As Headmare Twilight left the room, still calling for Discord, I got up.

"Harp, do you know what happened?"

"Well, Headmare Twilight came to get the Professors, and they brought me since I'm your roomate and bestie, obviously. We were in their Cutie Map room and then you suddenly appeared in a purple flash and hit the table. We all screamed, then Headmare Twilight brought you back to our room."

"Oh..."

"Yeah. Love the new mane thing by the way."

"The what?" I asked, and they rolled their eyes, grabbing my hoof and dragging me to the bathroom.

My eyes went wide as I looked in the mirror. Now, embedded in my pure black mane, was a bright purple streak. It ran all the way to the bottom of my mane and seemed to shine and glimmer with magic. I gasped and opened my wings. The outer feathers were also purple.

"Wh-What in Luna's name happened to me?" I asked, looking at Harper.

"Dunno. I like it though." Harper nodded to my mane. "Purple suits you."

I stared at my reflection, then at Harper. Something weird was coming off of Harper. It was hovering around them like a bubble. I blinked and rubbed my eyes.

"Hey, you good?" Harper asked me

"I-I'm fine..." I lied.

I turned and flew out of the room. Well, at least I know my wings still work. But... what was that stuff floating around Harper? As I left my room, I saw something around Headmare Twilight, who was waiting outside. It was magenta, like her magic, and sparkling. It even gave off tiny explosions like mini-fireworks. Though that wasn't very frequent.

"Wh-What...?" I began to say, before a flash distracted me.

"I see you're back."