• Published 8th Feb 2020
  • 494 Views, 12 Comments

Backstory of Melody Song - Melody Song



The backstory of my character, Melody Song.

  • ...
4
 12
 494

Hang Out

"And that's a bad thing...? Oh, are they asking because I'm the new teacher's assistant? I know Ocellus was the one who got me for Professor Dash so maybe she knows and told them-"

"It's not that." Harper interrupted. Oh well, at least they answered my question. "Me and the others were-"

"The others and I." I corrected, getting them back.

"Whatever. We were talking about our views on LGBTQ rights and Silverstream overheard us and asked if we wanted to hang out with her friends and discuss it in greater detail."

"So that means they're pro-rights. Maybe one or two of them are part of the community? But I don't get what the big deal is."

"The big deal is that they paved the way for the other creatures who are students-y'know, the ones in our group of friends-to come here! They were picked because they were the best their kingdoms had to offer. They've also helped save the world! And we're about to hang out with them!"

"...So?"

Harper gaped at me so long I laughed.

"Do shut your mouth Harper, we are not a codfish." I quoted at them.

"...I hate you." Harper's go-to line whenever I said something they couldn't think of a comeback to. They shook their head, mane swinging, and continued. "But seriously, how are you not worried?"

"Because then there'd be two crazy ponies in this conversation. But anyway Harper, I see two reasons you shouldn't be worrying."

"And they are?"

"One: the six students are just normal creatures like you and me. If they don't like us or our friends then that's not a problem, we can just go our separate ways. Two: I'd say they're actually going to be more relieved to make friends with us than you think."

"How do you figure?"

"Think about it. They were picked out of all the others in their age range to come to this school and represent their Kingdoms. That's a lot of pressure to be the very best they can be all the time. Not to mention some of them-like Smolder, Ocellus, and Silverstream-are so close to their leaders it's very possible they may help their leaders as advisors or diplomats one day. Now that our friends are here, it's probably like a huge weight off their shoulders, since there are other representatives of their same kingdoms to help them deal with things."

"...Huh. When you put it that way I actually don't feel so nervous anymore." Harper said.

"Yep. Now when are we meeting them?"

"Tomorrow after classes."

"Great. Now can we get started on our homework?"

"Nnggghhh." Harper turned and put their head against the wall.

"Come on slowpoke." I hooked my foreleg around theirs and dragged them into the room.

The next day, once classes were finished, Zamara, Glen, Shine, Dahlia, Harper, and I headed to the quad. Silverstream, Sandbar, Gallus, Yona, Ocellus, and Smolder were waiting there.

"Hey!" Silverstream waved.

"Hi."

I spoke for us all, just as Silverstream had with her group of friends. I know Gallus often seems to designate himself the unofficial leader of their group but I guess he's okay having one of his other friends speak up for them. He was standing calmly between Sandbar and Ocellus. Well, anyway, Silverstream was the one who invited us, not him, so it makes sense that she'd wave us over.

"So, what were you guys wanting to do?" Zamara asked

Gallus glanced over at Smolder, who nodded, smirking. They looked back at my group, and for some reason I felt a foreboding chill go down my spine.

"Well, you know that treehouse by the ruins of the Castle of the Two Sisters?" Smolder asked

"Who doesn't? It's big enough to see from space." Glen remarked

"And we heard you guys were the ones who made it." Shine added eagerly

"Well, sort of..." Sandbar replied bashfully

"Anyway..." Gallus stepped forwards "Why don't we head over there? We could give you guys a tour."

"I don't know..." I said slowly "Isn't the Everfree Forest supposed to be really dangerous?"

"Oh, come on Mel, live a little!" Harper encouraged, and I sighed, turning back to them.

"I don't know, Melody has a point..." Dahlia said

"I agree." Ocellus chimed in

"You know...there's a huge library there..." Smolder said

She said the magic words. I perked up and my wings ruffled.

"Really?"

"Yep. You and Celly could browse the shelves or whatever you call it."

"I'm still not entirely sure about this...but okay." I said, smiling

"Whoo! Let's go!" Harper cried, rushing off.

"Oh for the love of Luna, Harper at least wait for us!" I shouted, spreading my wings to fly after them.