• Published 8th Feb 2020
  • 487 Views, 12 Comments

Backstory of Melody Song - Melody Song



The backstory of my character, Melody Song.

  • ...
4
 12
 487

New Assignment

Headmare Twilight led me into her office, where I saw the other Professors, as well as Guidance Counselor Starlight Glimmer waiting. Headmare Twilight gestured for me to stand in the center of the room, and I did. She took her seat behind her desk and I stood, the silence weighing down on me.

"Miss Song, I daresay by now most of the school is aware of your new cutie mark." Headmare Twilight said, and my wings twitched nervously.

"Y-yes." I said, unsure where this was going.

"It's in writing, a rather unusual talent, but useful nonetheless. Which is why I've called you here. My fellow teachers and I were wondering if you would be interested in...a little assignment."

"What kind of assignment?" I asked, confused

"Well, we want to know if you'd like to be a teacher's assistant." Twilight replied

"But...didn't your last assistant kind of try to destroy the school?" I asked, and Twilight chuckled

"Yes, she did. But I believe you're a little more trustworthy than her." Twilight replied

"What-what would I be doing exactly?"

"Well, you'd be running errands for us, showing new students around, maybe even helping to teach a few classes." Twilight said, and I looked around.

"For everyone? What about classes?"

"Oh, you will still attend classes like a usual student, but might be given extensions on assignments, or be allowed to leave one class if a teacher needs help. So, will you accept?" Twilight asked

I thought about it. It was a good position, and I would gladly accept if I could be useful, but there was one thing bothering me.

"Why me?"

"Beg your pardon?"

"No disrespect Headmare Twilight, I'm honored, but...why would you choose me of all ponies? I'm no different than anypony else at this school, and after Harper Lynn and I had that incident with Orchid Gleam it hardly seems like a reason to choose me to help you." I replied

"You're right Miss Song. But we chose you because of those reasons. It's true, you're not different from any other pony, but you are kind, courteous, and very smart. All of us have seen the way you treat your fellow classmates. We are giving you a small pass for Orchid Gleam because, well, we've all got to make enemies at some time or another, it's a part of life. I showed the assignment that got you your cutie mark to the other Professors. They all agreed that it was a very good story, and I think if one of us ever needs help with writing for various reasons, you would be a big help. So, again, I ask, will you accept?"

"Well...okay. I'll do my best. Thank you for the opportunity." I smiled. Headmare Twilight smiled right back.

"Good. Come to my office tomorrow morning and we'll get you set up." she instructed. I nodded and was dismissed.

The second I stepped outside I took a deep breath. I was going to be the teacher's assistant of the Professors! I can't believe this is happening to me.