• Published 8th Feb 2020
  • 494 Views, 12 Comments

Backstory of Melody Song - Melody Song



The backstory of my character, Melody Song.

  • ...
4
 12
 494

Powers

I still can't believe it's not a dream. But no, here I am, telling my friends about my magic.

"So you can do anything you want with these new powers?" Shine asked

"That's what Discord said, though I'm still working on controlling it." I replied.

"It still sounds awesome." Zamara remarked

"So do I." Glen agreed.

Dahlia nodded. "Yeah, show us."

"Well, okay..." I held out my hoof and it glowed violet. I bit my lip nervously and made the light vanish.

"Woah!" Harper exclaimed.

"Yeah, I can't do much yet, but I'm going to practice." I said, smiling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so it's been a few days. I'm currently sitting in my room and trying to get a grip on this new magic. I learned something new the other day though. Harp and I were talking and I mentioned how I wanted them to see what the Ether was like. Suddenly there was a flash of light, and we were in the Ether.

Yeah... that was kind of fun, once I got Harp calmed down. They're kind of afraid of flying, and when they saw there was no visible floor they panicked. I know, a pegasus is scared of flying. They're aware of the irony. But I digress, I managed to reassure them. Somehow I think the Ether was able to tell Harp was scared, and made the floor a bit more of a solid violet, to show them it was there. Once Harp was calm, showing them around was pretty cool.

And get this, the Ether works for them too. They were talking about how they were getting hungry, and a hayburger appeared. So I guess the Ether works for anyone once they're in the realm. And once I got us out, I did a bit of trial and error. Harp was happy to assist, they seemed interested in trying to make random stuff appear. According to my testing, I have to really concentrate on who specifically I want to bring into the Ether, otherwise I won't be able to.

Also, Discord popped in. Harper and I were telling him about the Ether's ability to give us anything we ask for-yeah, we may have 'tested' that a few dozen times. He actually looked surprised. Then he just shrugged and said it must be a new 'feature' whatever that means. I'm assuming he was talking about it being tied to me now, and it also gaining some new abilities, like me? Though I wonder why a new ability is making anything appear...

Anyway, I'm thinking all of this because I'm currently writing it down. Better to write it out than forget it later.

"Okay, so I can bring others into the Ether, but only if I concentrate on taking them in... the Ether can now make anything I want a reality... I've figured out the magic is mostly channeled into my wings... I can apparently use levitation..." I said, my wings pulsing with violet light as multiple things hovered in the air around me. "And... manipulation..."

I nodded and made the paper I held aloft fold itself into a paper crane.

"Hm... though it seems I can only manipulate it into what I already know. Good to know." I made a note of it on the clipboard beside me. "Let's see, what's next...?"

I examined the clipboard, not noticing the door open.

"Melody, where have you been?" Harper cried, racing into the room.

"What are you talking about?" I looked up at them. "I've been here."

"We were supposed to meet in the quad ages ago!"

"Oh, right!" I jumped up. "The quad, right!"

As I said this, I felt myself vanish in a violet flash. I was in the Ether, but it had changed. Below me, I could clearly see the school, as though I was flying above it.

"Okay, weird..." I took a few steps forward and I was now above the quad. "Oh, I see. It bends reality to allow easy transport. Now, how do I get back...?"

I closed my eyes and thought about the quad. In a violet flash, I felt the grass beneath my hooves.

"Yes!"

"There you are!" Harper ran up to me, panting. "Where... the buck did you... go?!"

"Harper, the Ether did this weird thing that was kind of like teleportation only different." I said quickly

"Huh? Oh, cool! Do it again, do it again!"

"Actually, let me try something." I closed my eyes and in a flash, a pencil and my writing notebook appeared. "Yes!"

"Woah, what did you do?"

"I just thought about summoning them. I was kind of... thinking outside the box."

"Heh, yeah. You're the best at doing that." Harper nudged me.

"Heheh, thanks."

"So, what else?" Harper asked

I hummed thoughtfully, and giggled as I subconsciously began humming some of the words to oath. I was on "you're never alone, we're birds of a feather" my wings suddenly ignited. I squeaked in alarm as the violet light wrapped around Harper's neck. But strangely, all it did was turn into a necklace. It had a silver chain with a charm of half a heart colored like a rainbow. Another identical one with the other half of the rainbow colored heart.

"Awesome!" Harper said, touching the necklace. "It's like, your imagination was already on hyperdrive! And now you've got the magic to put it into reality!"

"Hm..." It made sense...but then why did it only do that when I was humming a song? Unless... "Harp, I've got it!" I said

"What?"

"That's why the Ether can make anything we wish for come true now! It's responding to my imagination!" I said, choosing to ignore the only responding to the song thing for now.

"Of course!" Harper laughed. "Shoulda guessed, you're the best at imagination, Mels."

I nodded. "That must be it. I bet the Ether learns and grows from each new bearer of it's powers!"

Harper laughed and hugged me. "And you're so crazy creative it's letting us do whatever we want!"

"Heh, yeah, it's great! And I can finally-" I broke off. There was a strange pulling sensation in my chest.

"Mels? You okay?" Harper asked, coming towards me.

"I don't know!" I screeched as a violet light flew out of my chest. "Ahh!"

"Ah! Mel!"

"Harper? Harper!" I shouted as I lifted up into the air with a purple light. I was surrounded by it and disappeared.