• Published 1st Aug 2020
  • 12,725 Views, 1,879 Comments

Equestria Girls: A Fairly Odd Friendship - redandready45



For her next challenge, Sunset Shimmer must babysit an average kid who no one understands.

  • ...
40
 1,879
 12,725

PreviousChapters
The Sequel Is Out

Author's Note:

Hello, my fellow bronies,

As a Christmas present to all of you, my official sequel to Fairly Odd Friendship, Equestria Girls: Journey to the Mind of Timmy Turner is out! I apologize for the long wait. Personal issues, duties, and writer's block kept me from working on the story.

But no more. You will now begin to see the containing adventures of Timmy, the Fairly Oddparents, and the Rainbooms.

To all those who kept reading, commenting, liking, and adding trope pages during the two-year hiatus, your continuing love and devotion motivated me to keep writing, and I thank you for your faith.

I also dedicate this first chapter to Darth Link 22. He gave me a follow in response to completing the first story, which is one of the things that convinced me I could be an excellent writer. I lament that I failed to get this story out before his passing, but I hope that I can live up to his example of providing quality content.

Anywho, I hope you all enjoy it. Please read and leave reviews.

Sincerely,

Redandready 45.

PS: Also, someone gave this story a wiki page on the Fairly Oddparents Fandom Wiki. If you have any information to add to the page, please do so.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 15 )

This is a nice Christmas surprise.

well this is a amazing Christmas present.

Oh I look forward to the sequel! Thanks for the present and merry Christmas to you my good author!

11773020

Hey. Where’s the chapter where Trixie Tang becomes a detective?

11783910
I deleted it because I decided it didn't work.

11783912

Oh, say How would the Rainbooms react if they see cosmo and Wanda inflate into balloons due to magical build ups?

11783914

Don't know. Weirded out, I guess.

11783917

Pinkie pie would wish she would blow up like a balloon. She would even mention that her counterpart from My little pony: Pony life can do that and said that Twilight and Fluttershy’s counterpart did that once in each episode.

11795932
Pretty much a mix of all of the above. I thought that while Sunset was a better person, that doesn't mean she would suddenly stop being totally selfish.

11739683
So, how did you try to approach bringing up some of Fluttershy's more flawed side? Considering she is definitely the character that gets the most romanticized among the Mane 6 and always being seen as "adorable, cute, and lovable", with some people often ignoring some of her more flawed moments like being mean to and insulting Rarity and Pinkie in Putting Your Hoof Down, refusing to go to the Dragon Migration despite owing a favor to Rainbow Dash and trampling Rainbow when trying to avoid going in Dragon Quest, being forceful and crazy over the animals at the Grand Galloping Gala not liking her in The Best Night Ever and sabotaging Rarity's Manehatten boutique with her alternate personas in Fake It Til You Make It. This isn't to say that Fluttershy isn't a nice and kind person because she is nice and kind, but there are fans who do go overboard in sanding her flaws and seeing her as the innocent adorable pony that can do no wrong.

I don't know if this counts as asking for too much information and if it is, I'm sorry if I come off as this way when I ask, does Sci-Twi currently have a pet at this specific point in time? Since Spike's her adopted human brother in this version meaning he isn't her pet dog, does she still have any kind of pet like either Owlowiscious like her pony counterpart or a completely different pet?

10371991
In all fairness of Zephyr and the CMC being in CHS, it could easily be possible that it is a grades 6-12 high school (which do exist) so the human CMC could easily be 11-12 and Zephyr may be 14, so technically it isn't a problem if we go that route.

Plus if Zephyr and the CMC were in a different school, it'd be hard to justify them appearing on Equestria Girls since they aren't appearing in the show's high school setting.

Also, how come you didn't also have Snips and Snails in elementary school with the CMC? Given they're implied to be the same age as the CMC, shouldn't you have also made Snips and Snails in elementary school too?

So, how old would you say Snips and Snails are in this version? They're apparently old enough to be in Canterlot High (unlike the CMC), but their pony counterparts attend Cheerilee's class like the CMC do so it's confusing.

11772194
So what do you think of how Gilda was done in the comic Friends Forever Issue 24 where they did bring her back and even team her up with Rarity of all people?

Login or register to comment