• Published 1st Jul 2019
  • 608 Views, 5 Comments

Hope In Rainbow - Lonely Fanboy48



Bon Bon and Lyra take a weekend in Hope Hollow while experience the joy of the Rainbow Festival.

  • ...
5
 5
 608

The Best Rainbow Night Ever

For the remainder of the day, Lyra and Bon Bon went to every stand they could. They’ve experienced everything of what the Rainbow Festival has to offer. Today couldn’t get any better for the two friends, who are the guests of honor.

During their time, they finally came up with a show for the blue colts, from the flying skills stand to perform. They wanted to witness all the blue flyers in their best of their abilities to fly all over Hope Hollow while doing tricks they’ve learned when they got older.

“So, you really want to see everything we do?” The blue colt wondered.

All that the guests of honor had to do is nod in response, which grow a smile on the blue colt. He turned around with his friends and team members to tell them what they’re going to do tonight.

After that, Bon Bon and Lyra are looking to find the red stand where Torque Wrench is still at. When they head to the back of the stand, they saw Torque is almost done finishing their billboard. They were surprised that the best from Torque’s passion, she manages to get the right colors for the mane and body. Their faces, with dots as eyes look too adorable to be denied.

“So Lyra, Bon Bon, do you like your billboard?” Torque asked while panting after the hard work she did.

Lyra and Bon Bon didn’t nodded, instead they gave Torque a hug, as their way of saying thank you. While they can’t take the billboard home, they know whenever anypony who sees their billboard, will remember the support their guests of honor gave them.

When they break the hug, Torque became so happy that her hard work has paid off, not to mention she’s officially done doing her job for today.


It’s almost night time where all the citizens are sitting on the ground, watching the performance of every blue colt, flying in the sky after what Lyra and Bon Bon wanted to see. Not only they’ve made the guests of honor satisfied, but also every pony in Hope Hollow as well.

Lyra and Bon Bon who are sitting in the front of the crowd with the Mayor by their side, are enjoying the performance. “You actually came up with their performance?” Sunny Skies asked.

“Yes.” Lyra answered.

“We didn’t want a single colt out of the team to being left out, in showing their abilities to us.” Bon Bon added.

Sunny Skies had never felt so impressed from the guests of honor. After the talk he had with them along with Petunia, they can see more of who Lyra and Bon Bon are. The color they’ve talked about that involves love.

“I was wondering...” The mayor replied. “Do you have a speech?”

Lyra and Bon Bon looked at each other with smiles on their faces. After the day they had together, they indeed have a speech before they head back to Ponyville after the festival is over.

As the blue colts land on the ground, all the citizens cheer from the performance they’ve watched. There is not a lot of activities left in the Rainbow Festival since most ponies had deconstructed their tents an hour before the sun sets over the hills in Hope Hollow. They’ve heard from their mayor that there’s one more thing to do before they wrap up the festival. They don’t know what it was until they remembered the two guests of honor, walking around in the village.

When the blue colts returned to the crowd, Lyra Heartstrings, Bon Bon and the mayor of Hope Hollow is about to make their final speech. All the citizens of Hope Hollow slowly remain silent, so they can hear from the mayor as well as their guests.

With the microphone turned up, Sunny Skies begins his speech first. “Now I know we can all agree that we already had a Rainbow Festival three months ago and it’s supposed to be an annual occasion.” Sunny Skies spoke into the microphone. “But the thing is, we went through is what I called, the grey times. If it wasn’t for Twilight and her friends helping us, we wouldn’t continue our future in this village.”

The ponies in the crowd knew that everything the mayor said is true. Kerfuffle and Torque Wrench would never do what they love if the grey times were still present, same goes to Mr. and Mrs. Hoofington.

“While I understand that we all had little time to set up our tents and activities, believe me, it was worth it. All because these two ponies who are our guests of honor. Lyra Heartstrings and Bon Bon.”

After Sunny Skies finished his speech, he moved out of the way to give Bon Bon and Lyra their time to give the speech of what they felt today. The two ponies are more then prepared to make their speech in front of all the colorful ponies. Bon Bon decides to have Lyra begin first.

“Before yesterday, me and my friend didn’t have a lot of options to do for the weekend. We kept going to the same places so many times, there’s always a line where we need to change it up.” Lyra being honest. “When we arrived to Hope Hollow, we had mixed feelings about the Rainbow Festival. But after what we witnessed today, I think giving a place a chance is something we ponies should do.”

As Lyra finished her part of the speech, he watched all the citizens giving her an ovation. It made her pleased that she enjoyed the Rainbow Festival and pleased everypony she talked to. Then, her best friend Bon Bon, gets to the center as she begins her part of the speech.

“Like wearing these amazing dresses,” Bon Bon showing off her outfit which made Kerfuffle smile. “The billboard,” She pointed at the billboard with her and Lyra on it behind them. “And most of all...meeting wonderful ponies, with a strong passion.”

Mayor Sunny Skies and his future wife Petunia Petals are impressed from the words they’re hearing. Almost like they’re watching a critic that’s giving his review to not only the festival, but also the village.

“Believe me when I say this, if more ponies arrive here to feel this experience, they might consider moving here. Places like Ponyville, Appleloosa, and Canterlot would be happy to do something like that. After what you gave us, I might tell my friends about this place.”

Her friend Lyra joins in on her speech. “And if they enjoy this village-”

“Your village and Rainbow Festival, would be on the Equestrian Map!” Both Bon Bon and Lyra cheered with happiness.

All the citizens cheered in joy with the advice they heard from their guests of honor. As for Mayor Skies, he didn’t get the idea of inviting more ponies outside of his village. If he can get the approvals from Bon Bon and Lyra Heartstrings, he wonders what famous celebrities would think of the Rainbow Festival.

In just a matter of time, fireworks lit up the sky with all the colors of the rainbow. The crowd loved it so much, even if they have to wait until the next nine months, they can thank Lyra and Bon Bon for allowing them to do what they love best this early.

Lyra and Bon Bon both gave each other a hug as their weekend had been the best of their relationship as the fireworks continue to blast in the sky.


It’s been an hour when every citizen of the village returned to their homes after a really memorable festival they had. Lyra and Bon Bon say goodbye to the mayor and others, while also thanking them with everything they did today. They packed up and left the village of Hope Hollow to return back to Ponyville.

Bon Bon and Lyra made their way into Ponyville where it’s quiet, with everypony sleeping inside their homes. However what surprises them when they find their way home, they saw Princess Twilight land on the ground, which causes them to rush up to the Princess Of Friendship.

“Twilight!” Lyra and Bon Bon shouted as it caught the attention from the princess.

“Bon Bon? Lyra?” Twilight took notice. “Weren’t you supposed to return tomorrow?”

“We were, but after what we went through today, it just made our weekend.” Bon Bon smiled. “By the way, why are you up so late?”

“I just came back from Canterlot after doing some errands with Princess Celestia. Did you enjoy Hope Hollow and the Rainbow Festival?” The two ponies nodded from Twilight’s question which made Twilight relief. “Oh thank Celestia!”

“What’s the big deal?” Lyra giggled. “We can go on about everything that happened back at the festival.”

“It’s not that, it’s just that Hope Hollow is mainly a private village. I never thought about ponies like you would see something that I haven’t seen.”

“What, because you and your friends we’re the only ones invited months ago?” Bon Bon wondered. “I’m pretty sure there’s tons of ponies would see hundreds of things you missed.”

Twilight blushed in embarrassment. “Well, I guess I always get sidetrack from my memory.”

Lyra and Bon Bon giggled as they gave the princess a hug. “Thanks for talking to Sunny Skies about this.”

“And by the way, you should tell anyone you know about Hope Hollow. They would have the same reaction like we did.” Lyra added.

Twilight didn’t think that Hope Hollow wanted more invited ponies outside of their village, but at the same time, small villages deserve big things. After Bon Bon and Lyra break the hug from the princess, they headed back to their place in Ponyville. As for Twilight Sparkle, she’s willing to take Bon Bon and Lyra’s advice.

“Hope Hollow is going to be a great place when my teacher and others find out about it.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment