• Published 1st Jul 2019
  • 608 Views, 5 Comments

Hope In Rainbow - Lonely Fanboy48



Bon Bon and Lyra take a weekend in Hope Hollow while experience the joy of the Rainbow Festival.

  • ...
5
 5
 608

Red Stand Of Construction

Lyra and Bon Bon went to the next stand of the festival. Out of all the stands that required the right almost of space, this stand is much bigger from behind. It’s a red stand with tons of tools. There’s also paint and wood by the stand which made the two guests interested.

Bon Bon looked at the signed above the red stand. “Torque’s Tool Of Construction.” She read.

“So Torque is a constructive worker?” Lyra asked.

“Yes, it says in the flier she’s one of City Hall’s frequenters.”

While the two wanted to show their support for Torque, they notice she isn’t available in her stand. They think she’s busy with Mayor Skies schedules, but they heard pounding in the back of the tent. They both look and saw that Torque is constructing a billboard for the end of the festival.

“Excuse me?” Bon Bon called which got the attention from Torque. After she placed her hammer on the ground, she rushes back to her stand.

“Sorry, I was busy working on a billboard. I’m Torque Wrench.” She lifted her hoof up.

“It’s a pleasure meeting you.” Lyra grabbing Torque’s hoof for a hoofshake.

“So you do construction in the Rainbow Festival?” Bon Bon asked.

“That, and the whole village.” Torque answered. “For all my years getting experience on construction, I always aim to up my game.”

The two ponies blinked from Torque’s complement. “Up your game?” The replied.

“Oh, you haven’t seen all the stuff I‘ve done?” Torque wondered.

“Sorry, this is our first time in this festival, we didn’t get the chance to meet everypony last night.” Bon Bon said while looking at the Rainbow Festival.

“Don’t worry, me and my friends sometimes get the time away. Usually when we’re preparing for this day. What can I do for you two?”

Lyra and Bon Bon looked at the tools and different kinds of wood displayed in the stand. During their time in Equestria, they never did construction. They mostly did the decorating during celebrations and never thought they wanted construction for the festival.

“Sorry to disappoint you but…” Lyra clenching her teeth nervously.

“We don’t want anything involving construction, even that we’re guests of honor.” Bon Bon lowered her ears.

Torque Wrench wasn’t fazed from what she heard, but she isn’t letting this opportunity slide. After getting some help from Applejack months ago, she wants to show her talent to the ones she just met.

“Lyra, Bon Bon, come with me.” She spoke. While Lyra and Bon Bon are confused, Torque takes them to where she does all the construction. They saw that Torque is almost done with the billboard. The six colors of the rainbow still needs to be painted while most of the wood she made, still needs to be attached with the nails she has by it.

“Is this all your doing?” Bon Bon asked.

“Constructing a billboard at the end?” Lyra added.

“Yes. It’s of the things the festival needs for the finale.” Torque explained. “Petunia wants me to design a billboard she offered to me. But that’s it.”

This made Lyra and Bon Bon understand what’s going on with Torque with the short amount of time she had. “Is it because it’s been three months?” Bon Bon guessed.

“Yes. While I’m happy we’re doing another Rainbow Festival, I didn’t expect it to come so early. She even told me where only doing this because you two are here.”

Torque sign to herself. With the news that came so fast in the span of last night, she immediately worked on the billboard after she set up her stand. Other than that, she has nothing planned for herself.

Lyra and Bon Bon tried to find a way to work out Torque’s problem. With the time they have today, they should give all their effort to the citizens who put their passion in the Rainbow Festival.

“Torque,” Lyra replied which caught the construction worker’s attention.

“After your done with the billboard, can you make a billboard of us?” Bon Bon offered.

“Really?” Torque blinked. “I never did that before.”

“You can handle it.” Bon Bon smiled. “It will show all of your friends and citizens your passion.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“We know it’s been three months since Twilight and her friends saved the village, but ponies admire your talent in the Rainbow Festival. We’ve gone to different stands and they showed us what their passion is. You said you up your game, then prove it to us.” Lyra commented.

Torque had no words to describe the advice she heard from the guests of honor. It was something special that gave her the motivation to give hope for the citizens. When Applejack helped her on the situation, she got hope from her and the fact that there's always a way to resolve the crisis even if it’s impossible.

Over her life living in the village as a City Hall Frequenter, she wanted to improve herself on construction for the Rainbow Festival but when the Rainbow Generator got haywired, she almost lost her talent. Those times before Twilight arrived was a sad and grey time. Full of rainbowless air and almost a graveyard, she was considering retiring from her passion of construction.

Even since the whole village of Hope Hollow regained its color, she regained her passion. She never felt so alive in a long time. After Twilight and her friends left with the festival ending, she wanted to show more, but it was too late. Then when she remembered that she can do anything she wants after she’s done with the billboard Petunia requested, she can show off her passion to the ones that matter.

She grew a smile and gave Bon Bon and Lyra a hug, much to their surprise. “Thank you so much!” She cheered.

“You’re welcome.” Lyra closed her eyes.

“We’re also here to help anypony who needs it.” Bon Bon added.

As Torque broke the hug, she gets to work on her billboard. “You will be surprised for what I have tonight in the festival.”

“Take the time you need, there’s no rush.” Lyra replied.

As both Lyra and Bon Bon left the red stand, they can’t wait for what Torque has constructed for them in billboards later today. Even without Twilight and her friends, everypony can solve a situation on their own. Lyra and Bon Bon really wants to make this festival something memorable despite not being an annual occasion after the last festival from three months ago. As they leave Torque working on her construction, they go to where the Rainbow Festival is and see Hope Hollow has to offer.