• Published 1st Jul 2019
  • 607 Views, 5 Comments

Hope In Rainbow - Lonely Fanboy48



Bon Bon and Lyra take a weekend in Hope Hollow while experience the joy of the Rainbow Festival.

  • ...
5
 5
 607

A Tour Of Colorful Stands

With more than ten stands in the festival, Lyra and Bon Bon have a lot of options. Eating pie, cake, doing fantastic activities and also meeting the great friends Twilight met. With the introductions out of the way, they’re now going to see what the colorful rainbow ponies have in store.

Sunny Skies takes them to a purple stand with purple ponies waiting. “I really think the best way to make you two look good in front of our citizens is to put up some fantastic makeup.” He smiled. Once they walk up to stand, so many different colors of makeup are displayed. There are also pictures of what the makeup looks like after it’s put on, which made Bon Bon surprised.

“Wow, there’s so many choices and they do look fantastic.” She commented.

“You bet they are.” The purple pony happily replied. “So many years of doing this, we continue to get better.”

While Bon Bon looked at the pictures, Lyra on the other hand wasn’t interested. “No offense, but I don’t want makeup on.”

“It’s fine, I can understand makeup is not for everypony.” Sunny added.

It didn’t take long until Bon Bon found the makeup she liked. Once she picked her choice, the purple pony takes her to a smaller size tent with all the tools she needs for Bon Bon.

It took about ten minutes or so to put the makeup on Bon Bon until it was complete. Lyra and Sunny Skies were waiting for her, wondering what she picked for her style of makeup. Once Bon Bon returned, Lyra was so impressed with her best friend.

The make up she has on is a colorful eyeshadow with glitter on making it gorgeous. “So ponies? Like my makeup?” She asked.

“It looks, really amazing!” Lyra replied.

“Why thank you so much.” The purple pony smiled. “I always give our guests of honor the best makeup they deserve.”

Bon Bon didn’t even need to continue how beautiful she is. That moment when she looked at herself in the mirror, it not only surprised but also speechless and this was the first stand they come across in the festival.

“If you really that that’s devine, let me show you what we have in the other stands.” Sunny Skies lead his guests to another stand after Bon Bon played the purple pony her bits.

The next stand they went to is a blue stand. Unlike the last stand which is smaller, this stand is a little bigger with light and dark blue colts in the back practicing their flying skills. When they walk up to the stand, they met a regular color blue colt waiting for them.

“What is this stand?” Bon Bon asked.

“This is our flying skills stand. This is where we teach colts who moved or live here amazing tricks to perform our show later.” The blue colt explained as he shows the ponies in the back of his stand.

“Well not to be rude but, me and my friend don’t have wings.” Lyra said.

“That’s really not the point of this stand.”

Both Lyra and Bon Bon looked at each other in confusion until Sunny Skies fills in. “You see you have two choices in this stand. One, be part of the group if your a colt or two, since your guests of honor, you can pick one kind of gimmick of what the show is going to be like.”

“Really?” Bon Bon blinked. “You can actually do that?”

“Why yes.” The blue colt answered as the three turn their attention back to him. “Most of our talented flyers have their own style of ideas and we actually like them. Besides, if we all stick to one pony’s idea, we won’t get a lot of attention, which will make us blue.”

While Lyra and Bon Bon awkwardly laugh from his joke, they know what he’s trying to do. But considering they have a lot of time for the other stands in the festival, they might need to pick the show they prefer the most.

“Look.” Lyra replied which caused the blue colt’s ears to perk up. “We would love to make a decision for your show, but I think we need time for that.”

“She’s right.” Bon Bon added. “Is it okay that you give us the ideas your flyers have for us? What time are you going to do your show?”

“Tonight before sunset.” The blue colt replied. He takes out papers of the ideas for what his friends had in mind and handed them to Sunny Skies. “I really hope you pick you decision in time. We promise our show will be great.”

“Don’t worry, they will keep their promise.” Sunny Skies smiled.

Lyra and Bon Bon sign in relief, they didn’t want to hurt the pegasus’s feelings since they have the whole day in the Rainbow Festival. They wave at the blue colt as they head to the next stand.

The next stand they went to is an orange stand with so many kinds of foods. A few fresh croissants on one side with pure, crisp apple pies on the other and finally, highly approved raspberry muffins in the middle. The smell caught almost all the ponies attention in the festival, even Lyra and Bon Bon noticed it when they woke up this morning.

The ponies who are running the stand are two old ponies, who are husband and wife. They’ve met both Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy during the whole crisis situation and after the rainbow returned, they became much better chiefs in the village.

“So this is where most of the food is coming from?” Bon Bon asked.

“Yes by two of the best bakers in Hope Hollow.” Sunny Skies replied as they went up to the stand. “Mr. and Mrs. Hoofington.”

“That’s right.” Mrs. Hoofington smiled with her husband approving the complaint from the mayor. “We really made everypony satisfied ever since the rainbow generator is back up and running.”

“So much so, Sunny Skies offered us to be waiters in the restaurant he’s opening next week.” Mr. Hoofington added.

“Wow, bet the restaurant will be a success when it opens up.” Lyra said.

While Sunny Skies, Mr. and Mrs. Hoofington liked Lyra’s opinion, they still need to show her and her friend how good their food is.

“Anyway,” Sunny Skies walking up to the stand. “What do you want to eat?”

Lyra and Bon Bon looked at the three options on the stand. While Mr. Hoofington will make more later, they need to eat something since they missed breakfast to see the festival.

“We would like some raspberry muffins?” Lyra said kindly.

“Four, if you please.” Bon Bon added.

Mrs. Hoofington put four muffins in a paper bag and gave it to Lyra. “We will give you our thoughts when we eat them.”

“Thank you dear. We're waiting for you.” Mrs. Hoofington closed her eyes in delight. They left the orange stand to look at more stands. While there’s a lot of them, it didn’t stop Lyra and Bon Bon to show their support in the Rainbow Festival.