• Published 1st Jul 2019
  • 608 Views, 5 Comments

Hope In Rainbow - Lonely Fanboy48



Bon Bon and Lyra take a weekend in Hope Hollow while experience the joy of the Rainbow Festival.

  • ...
5
 5
 608

The Club Of Fillies

When it comes to the fillies in Hope Hollow, Bon Bon and Lyra saw them helping their families in their stands or running around enjoying themselves. They’ve seen that kind of stuff back in Ponyville and Canterlot, but unlike those towns, Hope Hollow is so small about thirty percent of the citizens are fillies.

“So Lyra, what do you want to do next?” Bon Bon asked.

“I was thinking of looking at the other side of the festival but I was wondering.” Lyra wonder while looking at the foals playing with each other by the stands. “Do you remember those two fillies we saw yesterday?”

“Yes, they were so up late, I’m starting to wonder if they’re doing something special for this festival.”

“You’re right, fillies from where we live did special things.”

“Like the Cutie Mark Crusaders.”

The two ponies looked at their map to find if the fillies themselves do have their own stand. However they don’t have a stand, instead all the stuff they did is all taking place inside a treehouse.

It took the time Lyra and Bon Bon to find where the treehouse is located in Hope Hollow. While it is part of the festival, it’s farther away since it’s close to the woods. The treehouse is painted in all the colors of the rainbow with noise coming from the inside. There’s a huge sign above the door that says Barley and Pickle’s Rainbow club.

“Is it just me or is this club similar to what Scootaloo did for her idol?” Bon Bon looking closely to the sign.

“You mean the Rainbow Dash fanclub?” Lyra blinked. “Why did you think that?”

“Can you tell by the colors?”

When Lyra looked at the sign again, she noticed the I in rainbow having a tail with Rainbow’s cutie mark on the top. “Now I can tell it.”

The two girls looked at each other, raising their eyebrows. They may support Rainbow Dash during her performances as a Wonderbolt and the times she saved Equestria with her friends, but they don’t like her as a fan.

“We’re not really the type of ponies who’ve been in fanclubs, are we?” Lyra commented.

“I enjoy watching buckball, but never been to clubs so, yeah we’re not those types of ponies.” Bon Bon replied.

In order to get an answer about the treehouse, Bon Bon knocked on the door. After about five seconds, the noise inside became quiet which surprised the two guests. The door slowly opened, it reveals to be a filly with a red hat she’s wearing.

“Oh, are you two Bon Bon and Lyra Heartstrings?” Barley reacted.

Bon Bon and Lyra both nodded which causes Barley to close the door on the guests of this festival. This made the two grown ponies suspicious, then confused.

“Yep, definitely a Rainbow Dash fanclub.” Lyra responded.

“Why am I not surprised.” Bon Bon added. “Let’s go.” Just before they’re about to return back to the Rainbow Festival, the door was open again.

“Wait!” Pickle shouted which made Bon Bon and Lyra turned their heads. “Sorry my sister closed the door on you. We were doing something special.”

“Let us guess.” Lyra rolled her eyes.

“Is it a fanclub involving Rainbow Dash?” Bon Bon asked.

“Not really. It used to be, but we have something else. Come inside.” Pickle invites the two guests of honor inside the treehouse with him holding the door open. Lyra and Bon Bon looked at each other even more suspicious. They decide to come inside the treehouse to see if Pickle is right. When they stepped their hooves on the wooden floor, confetti blasted from the other side of the room which took the two guests by surprise.

“SURPRISE!” A bunch of fillies in different colors cheered. When Lyra and Bon Bon saw what's inside the treehouse, they saw colored pictures of themselves on all four walls. Not only that, Barley is wearing oven mitts to take out a desert she and her friends made for the whole club and the guests of the festival.

Lyra and Bon Bon did expect being adored with the citizens this morning, but never thought they’re was going to be a fanclub dedicated to them.

“Well, do you like it?” Pickle asked from behind.

“Well…” Lyra responded.

“We never had a group of fillies throw a fanclub about us.” Bon Bon added.

This made the fillies really take notice on the fact they just made the first ever Bon Bon and Lyra fanclub. “That’s actually a good thing!” Pickle smiled.

“Yeah, look what we made for you.” Barley and her friends showing their deserts they just finished. They made colored frosted cookies with Lyra and Bon Bon’s faces on them. Even Bon Bon and Lyra never thought of doing that to themselves back at Ponyville during their time hanging out.

“This looks impressive.” Lyra looking at the cookies.

“Thanks.” Bon Bon smiled.

Pickle Barrel closed the door behind him as he and her sister Barley made their way to the other side of the treehouse. “We’re Pickle and Barley Barrel!” Pickle spoke.

“And this is the Lyra and Bon Bon fanclub!” Barley added. “Since we heard that you two were going to be guests of the Rainbow Festival, we decided to give you our support.”

While Lyra and Bon Bon are starting to like what’s really going on, they’re still smarter than the fillies in the treehouse. “Did all of you saw us back at Hope Hollow?” Lyra wondered.

“And how did you manage to do all of this?” Bon Bon asked. ”Wow! You have a lot of questions.” A red filly awkwardly smiling.

Pickle and Barley who’s in charge of the fanclub decides to fill in, despite the fact that they’re also making awkward looks.

“Don’t take this the wrong way but…” Barley clenching her teeth.

“We were spying on you two last night when you arrived.” Pickle blurred out.

This made Lyra and Bon Bon’s eyes shoot open. “Okay before you say anything, we’re not stalking you at all, we’re just trying to prepare this fanclub for you today.” Pickle being at his true honesty.

“The thing is, unlike Rainbow Dash who we’ve known forever, we had little time after Mayor Skies gave you the introduction before the festival began.” Barley replied.

“Wait, what did you two do after you headed home last night?” Lyra wondered.

“We...went to everypony’s house to give them the information. We have a lot of friends.”

“And let’s just say that this morning, we rushed everything just for you.” Pickle lowered his ears.

The other fillies in all colors looked disappointed as they looked at their pictures they made for Lyra and Bon Bon. Even though they're too young to be experts in art, they still did what they could to make it good.

“We just want to make you two feel happy since your our guests in the Rainbow Festival.” Barley taking off her red hat. “We just want something to contribute. Unlike Rainbow Dash, you deserve what the festival has to offer. We’ve had never felt so happy when the Rainbow Festival is back to normal. It felt like for anypony who’s going to be guests should see what we do best.”

“And that’s…” Pickle stopped himself.

“Giving visitors hope.” All the fillies finished at the same time.

Lyra and Bon Bon didn’t expect anything like this when they went to the treehouse. Just when they thought it was going to be a Rainbow Dash fanclub, similar to what they’ve come across from where they live, they have their very own fanclub, but it was rushed. When they looked around in their surroundings, every filly either felt exhausted or stressed out of the activities they’re doing.

But inside of leaving the treehouse, they both smiled at each other. Lyra gave Barley a hug while Bon Bon makes her way to give Pickle a hug, much to the brother and sister being confused.

“You and your friends did a good job to make us understand.” Lyra replied.

“As far as we know, we didn’t actually think you would do something like this.” Bon Bon breaking her hug to Pickle. “Me and Lyra had been friends for so long, none of our other friends would never do this for us.”

“And to see what you and your friends did, I think we decided to stay for a little longer. Just so we can show our respect.”

“Really?” Both Pickle and Barley replied. All that Lyra and Bon Bon did was nodded in response.

“And by the way.” Lyra uses her unicorn magic to lift two cookies from the plate as she gives one to her best friend. They both took a bit and they enjoyed it. “You’re really good at making these cookies.”

“Then do you want some more?” Pickled offered.

“We can help you if you want.” Bon Bon smiled

All the fillies cheered at the fact the guests of the festival understand the whole situation and are willing to help them making cookies. When they heard they were going to have another Rainbow Festival, they’re we’re excited but also need to prepare this whole fanclub. It may be a rough time last night and this morning, but they succeeded in the end. As for Lyra and Bon Bon, they’re thought about owing back Pickle and Barley after the surprise they did by helping them making the cookies.