• Published 5th Dec 2018
  • 3,200 Views, 207 Comments

Easy Access, the Story of Quill - Graphite Quill



I made a portal to Equestria in my garage, and exploit the hell out of it.

  • ...
21
 207
 3,200

The Inconceivable Mage

-=-=-=-=--=-=- Canterlot -=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Sister this is serious! Never has there ever been another creature that could speak through magic like we can, only alicorns! You know as well as I that there can be no male alicorns and no normal pony could do such a thing. This voice has to be something new, something we have never seen before and I do not believe anything good can come of this!"

"Luna I understand your misgivings about this but we don't have enough information yet. There is no reason to draw the elements into this until we can figure out who or what could do something like this. For now we should only speak when we are in the same room and shield our minds from any more intrusions. We will figure this out Lulu."

Interrupting the royal sisters was a knock at the door and the voice of a guard. Celestia opened the door with her magic allowing the guard entrance. He stood tall with a salute waiting for acknowledgment before stating his business. "Sir Quill is here for tea per his request."

Neither was in the mood for tea anymore and had more important things in mind than fulfilling a simple request. "Tell him something urgent came up that we need to attend to immediately and that we will have to reschedule to a later date." Celestia watched the guard bow and leave, she could only wonder if it was the being from another world who spoke to them. She was still unsure of rather or not she should tell Luna of the prophecy given to her by Starswirl the Bearded on the day of her banishment.

On one hoof she knew Luna always had little faith in prophecy. Luna believed ponies decided their own future through their actions, and that prophecy was only a foretelling of the result of the decisions made. Celestia however believed prophecy made itself known for the purpose of guiding ponies to the correct path and that everypony should heed the prophesied words if possible.

Celestia having decided on the best approach turned back to face her sister. "Luna I have reason to believe that something more is going on here. I'm not saying the being we heard is innocent he may be something evil that was spying on our conversation, but we do not know for sure. I know how you feel about such things but on the day of your banishment after I used the elements I heard Starswirl the Bearded's voice thorough the magic. He spoke of a prophecy, one that involves your return." Celestia lets out a tired sigh before continuing. "I leave the decision to you on rather or not you would like to hear it but I believe it is of great importance to the future of Equestria."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"I honestly don't know what to tell you other than what I've already said."

"That's the problem! All you said is that you figured it out during your walk."

"Probably because that's how it happened. I was walking the garden, talked to some guards, saw some statues, then it all clicked into place and now I can use my magic." There was ALLOT more to that story but I don't think it would be wise to tell anyone that the 'sealed' god of chaos was actually free and only faking imprisonment. I'm still curious as to why but I know he won't tell me anything.

"There has to be more to this story than just 'I figured it out' what aren't you telling me?" My boss asked sounding just about fed up with my lack of explanation.

"Well near the end of my walk I decided to send a guard to the princesses with my first request as a noble."

"So you asked the princesses for help with your magic? Why didn't you say that soon-"

"Actually no I just asked to have tea with the both of them, which they accepted but they ended up cancelling on me."

My boss facehooved then spoke in an exasperated tone. "Why do I even try? Your impossible to talk to sometimes, you know that right?"

"Well I can lie and say somepony magically taught me how to use magic if that's what you want to hear, but that's not what happened. I simple realized I was trying too hard and my concentration was getting in the way of my casting. Once I figured that out it was easy, I simply think about what I want to happen and it happens." Might as well throw her a bone she's been complaining for over an hour about my crappy explanation.

"What do you mean you were trying too hard? Spells are complicated events caused by focusing your magic on a specific task and you have to know EXACTLY what it is supposed to do! You can't just make something happen by simply thinking 'I want to teleport home', you have to specifically know what is happening to your body and keep it at the forefront of your mind to direct the magic on how to cast the spell. You can't just cast a spell by will alone, It's not possible."

"It is for me, I mean how do you explain me casting spells nopony has taught me yet? The cleaning spell for instance."

"IT'S NOT POSSIBLE! Sompony has to have taught you that spell, magic does NOT work the way you say it does."

I fucked around with my magic quite a bit before coming back here to the library so i'm confident in my abilities. I just can't fucking believe how simple magic has been for me this entire time, the thought of all I could have done in the past two months pisses me off. "Try me. Any spell at all, hell even make something up if you want to. Better yet I'll even do something that you know for a fact is impossible. I guarantee you that I can do whatever you ask me to, I'll even bet my entire bank account on it."

She seems confident that I'll fail. If only she knew. "Alright you cocky little colt just don't come crying to me when you're dirt poor again. I'll take your bet, If you can do what I ask I'll sign the library over into your name and then you'll be my boss. How does that sound?"

"Sounds good to me. Now then, what is it you want me to do? What's the most impossible thing you can think of?"

"I want you to sprout wings and fly. Not those gossamer butterfly-looking wings I mean real feathered wings that allow you to fly!" She spoke in a triumphant voice fully expecting to have just made a fortune over something she knew was impossible.

"You know, I never even gave wings a thought. I wonder if I could hide them with a spell when I don't need them." I said almost to myself.

My thought process was interrupted by the impatient older mare. She looked annoyed that I was talking about it as if I knew it would work. "Stop stalling and lets see it mr. I can do anything, I've got some bills that need paying."

"Alright geez excuse me for thinking ahead about the repercussions of walking around looking like a male alicorn. Just give me a second." How should I do this? I could probably make some fake magical ones but real ones would be guaranteed to actually allow me to fly. I think. You know what fuck it, if I'm able to grow a pair of wings with magic then it should be easy enough to cover them with an illusion. Starting the spell my horn started to glow rather than the usual flash I was used to. "Alright lets do this! I wonder If I can get flying lessons from the Wonde- AGGHHFUCK!"

-=-=-=-=- 6 Hours Later -=-=-=-=-

Page Filler has always loved reading books and has always found inspiration in others writings. She spent her younger years writing short stories and entering competitions to help her family keep their home stocked with food. Things weren't always easy for the Filler family but they did what they could to get by. Page Filler the eldest daughter of the family met her husband Dusty Bindings at a book signing event that was happening at a smaller local library. Dusty was the owners son and the only one his father trusted to keep the library going, he and Page knew they were meant to be together the very moment they looked into each other's eyes. This was the most magical moment Page had ever been a part of, until today.

Page Binding could only stare in disbelief at what she had just witnessed. A young stallion who she barely knows anything about had just changed everything for her, he did something that should NOT be possible. Graphite Quill the stallion that had only just hours ago been a unicorn lay on the floor with a freshly grown pair of real wings. She knows they are real because just after he screamed and passed out she watched as two bumps formed on his back and slowly grew into full sized wings. She even heard and saw bones popping and snapping into place under his skin. Page even managed to scan his wings and back with a spell that allows her to 'feel' his bones. It was not an easy feat for the old mare but she found every bone and ligament, that all Pegasi have, to be in the correct places. He had done the impossible and she didn't know rather to cheer or feint along side him.

She knew from the scan that he was completely fine aside from the pain that knocked him out, though she knew when he woke up he'd need to eat allot to make up for the sudden growth of the new appendages. He would be in allot of pain for a while until he got used to the new muscles and added weight. She was unsure of what to do now, she knew that something profound had happened today but she didn't know if this was an amazing breakthrough for magic or a huge mistake. She knew Graphite well enough to know he hated hospitals and having attention drawn to him. He preferred to just blend in and avoid confrontation. If others were to find out about what he had become, blending in would be impossible and who knows what would happen to him after the princesses found out.

"Faust protect us.." Said Page as she sat staring at the inconceivably powerful pony lying on the floor before her.

Author's Note:

Woot 'nother update! Now before I continue with my normal after chapter thoughts I have something I must say first. NO HE IS NOT AN ALICORN NOW!!! So don't get your britches in a bunch over it. Yes he is still a unicorn and yes he now has wings at the same time, however he did not ascend. Now back to my usual shit that I put in the author's box. It took me for-fucking-ever to get through this one, I couldn't figure out a good way to transition into different scenes without it being too forced for my liking. I feel allot better about how it came out now that I'm done but that might just be because I really wanna go and play Rust right now. Who knows maybe its total trash like the rest of my writing. As always feel free to let me know how you think it turned out; constructive criticism always welcome. Anyways pones PEACE! Ima go raid some people now. {T}