• Published 5th Dec 2018
  • 3,200 Views, 207 Comments

Easy Access, the Story of Quill - Graphite Quill



I made a portal to Equestria in my garage, and exploit the hell out of it.

  • ...
21
 207
 3,200

The False Alicorn

-=-=-=-=-Canterlot Castle-=-=-=-=-

Celestia had been busy in her study for days. She had agreed to allow Luna to find the source of the voice which meant she had to take care of all of her sisters paperwork as well. It was tiring work but she trusted in her sister's abilities more than her own. Luna had always been better at finding information when there were no leads to begin with. As she was reading a request from the Griffon Empire she felt a magical surge pass through her even though her study was resistant to magic. She knew immediately that whatever spell it was had to be powerful if it got through her dampening spell, and she only knew of three others that could cast something like that. Luna would have warned her first, Twilight is in Ponyville and too far away, the lastly was Discord who was trapped in stone. Discords chaos magic was different, it would have ignored her spell completely and it feels different than normal magic so it couldn't have been his.

She could only guess it was the same creature that spoke to them through telepathy magic days earlier. Celestia wanted to leave the room to investigate but she promised to leave it up to Luna to find the creature. Choosing to ignore the strange magic she returned to reading the letter in front of her which came with a second still sealed letter to Graphite Quill of all ponies. The letter she read was actually an invitation for her and Luna to attend a dinner along with Sir Quill, it goes on to say the purpose behind the dinner is to continue good relations between the two races. In other words its vacation offer disguised as a royal meeting. Its a scarcely known secret that the rulers of the different lands do this to give each other a much needed break from their responsibilities. It may be a bit selfish but every creature needs a day off from their jobs now and then.

With the stress of recent happenings Celestia needed this. Between the guilt caused by her sisters return and the telepathy incident she couldn't say no to a few days off. Now she only had to find her sister and then Graphite Quill.

-=-=-=-=-=-Graphite-=-=-=-=-=-

I felt like I went through the portal again after that damn spell. Everything hurt for hours until I remembered I could use magic to stop the pain. After waking up and convincing my boss I wasn't an alicorn I noticed yet again that my new body parts were strangely easy to figure out, I still can't fly but I can move them with ease. Since they were freshly grown the muscle hadn't been strong enough to lift my weight, not that it matters since I could probably just make myself near weightless through magic.

I think my boss is scared of me now which I guess I can understand considering I did something that shouldn't be possible even for the princesses. I think I'm going to bring it up and ask her directly some time soon as her near constant staring is starting to annoy me. I cast an illusion around myself to make the wings invisible to other ponies then a sort of shield that should hide the magic of the illusion while in itself not leaving a trace of magic. I don't want unicorns asking about the illusion magic that I now have to keep flowing. The good thing about illusion magic is it feeds mostly on the ambient magic in the air and only uses a tiny part of my own magic to keep itself linked to me, plus its drawing from my pool of magic directly so my horn isn't constantly glowing.

I'm at the castle now waiting for the guard I sent to the princesses, I wanted to try my luck at having tea with them. Last time I kinda fucked it by accidentally speaking through their telepathy link and scaring the hell out of them. Hopefully they've had enough time to calm down after that but I doubt it, I know I'd still be on high alert after that. They have been silent in my mind since then so I know they are only speaking face to face until they figure out who spoke to them. I would like to tell them I'm harmless but I still don't know if they can track me down through the magic and I really don't want them to find out it was me. I feel that it would be a bad idea to reveal myself to them considering where I'm from and what I used to be, I don't want to be the elements next target. However I doubt they would do anything to me, I'm not evil.

The guard I had been waiting for returned and started to speak. "Sir Quill, your request has been accepted and Princess Celestia requests your presence at her study as soon as possible. I will guide yo-"

I never let him finish as I teleported to just outside Celestia's study only an inch above the flood this time. I find teleportation to be extremely easy, its just like fast travel in a game. I think of where I want to go and poof I'm there, but only if I've been there before. My sudden appearance startled the guards enough that one of them reacted on instinct and swung their spear down at me like a six foot club. It disintegrated, metal and all, before it got within a foot of my head. Magic is fucking awesome.

Ignoring the flabbergasted look on their faces I spoke with a bored sounding voice. "The princess is expecting me. I'm Sir Graphite Quill." They then proceeded to run the fuck away screaming. One spear gets turned to ash and they freak the fuck out. How in the hell did these ponies ever win a war if their royal guards scare so easi-

My thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice. A voice that was hiding the owners true feelings. "H-hello Sir Quill, I assume you are here about the invitation?" Said Luna from behind me.

I turned to see her glancing between the floor and the hall the guards ran down. Those imbeciles didn't run from me they ran from their own princess, they probably thought she destroyed the spear. "Princess." I stated with a confident tone. "Don't let them bother you, they're just chickens that don't deserve to be in the guard. If it were up to me they'd be discharged immediately." I looked down the hallway after them thinking about giving them a reason to be scared.

She must have noticed my anger towards them because she walked into my line of sight and spoke quietly. "Their reaction is understandable and it is something I've grown used to over the past few months. They have no reason to be punished in such a way."

"Princess, that's not something you should have to get used to. You are Princess Luna and they are ROYAL GUARDS that are supposed to be guarding BOTH princesses. I personally dislike how some ponies are treating you. Actually dislike isn't a strong enough word, it infuriates me when I see somepony disrespecting you or Celestia. I have half a mind to find them and-"

"That's quite enough Sir Quill. They will be dealt with in time, for now however we have tea that's getting cold." I turned to see Celestia with a tried expression on her face. She looked exhausted.

-=-=-=-=-Luna-=-=-=-=-

As Graphite and Celestia walked into the room Luna stood still blushing. Twice now Graphite has spoken on her behalf, even going so far as to show anger towards ponies he thought were mistreating her. She didn't know how to react to this or what to say to him in turn. She both liked that he was willing to stand up for her and was confused as to why he would after everything she had done. She eventually started forward into the room lest she hold up the meeting any longer.

At first the usual pleasantries were exchanged, greetings, small talk, and the like. As everypony had settled down Celestia and Graphite were chatting with ease talking about what they have been doing in their free time. Since Luna had been working towards finding a possibly dangerous being she stayed out of the conversation occasionally sipping her tea. Then her ears perked as Graphite asked her a question. "How have you been doing lately Luna?" She found it odd that he didn't use her appellation even though with his own status he was not required to. Everypony always calls them princess even when they are told not to yet he drops the title without a care in the world.

"I have been doing well Sir Quill." It was a complete lie and she knew it but she has to be strong for her sister.

Graphite snorted a little laugh. "No offence Princess but you're a bad liar. Also if you don't mind please just call me Graphite, no titles between friends right?"

Luna and Celestia both stared wide eyed at the pony in front of them. Celestia was angered by his flippant remark and was about to scold him until she saw Luna's tearful face. "You are not wrong Graphite, things have been difficult since my return. Please continue to call me by my name as well. My f-friend."

Author's Note:

Boop! Another update for yall, hope you enjoyed. Peace fellow pones! {T}