• Published 5th Dec 2018
  • 3,200 Views, 207 Comments

Easy Access, the Story of Quill - Graphite Quill



I made a portal to Equestria in my garage, and exploit the hell out of it.

  • ...
21
 207
 3,200

The Compromise Pt.1

Author's Note:

AN: Sorry about the wait peeps! Haven't had allot of time lately getting settled into a new job on night shift, and to be honest i kinda lost connection with my stories.. However I'm back with it for now so I hope you enjoy!

I have no idea rather or not the portal has a 'cool down' period, however considering the media outbreak that happened last time, I should limit the usage of the portal to avoid unwanted attention. It's been a month since I pushed that poor guy in and I can't really say I feel bad. I doubt anything bad happened to him though, I'm just more curious than anything. If I can get the portal to open again I'm going to have to go through otherwise my curiosity will continue to nag at me, and if by chance it does lead to Equestria? Well then I have allot of work to do making a place for myself in their society.

If you're wondering why i'd be so quick to jump in, you obviously don't have any experience with other humans. In my opinion we're a piss poor excuse of a species that knows nothing but war, devastation, and sex. While I do enjoy the last one I'd give it up for a different life if I had to. Not that I would have to give it up if I ended up in Equestria, though the idea would take some getting used to. Anyway I'm going to activate the portal after work today with the intent of going through, but i'm going to have to get some stuff first on the off chance this thing does send me somewhere random rather than at the mirror that should be in the crystal kingdom. None of this would matter if it leads to my death rather than Equestria and i have no way of knowing either way. This begs the question, why risk it? I've nothing else to do and am quite bored with this life. Now don't get me wrong I'm not suicidal in the slightest, I'm just looking for a 'safe' way out which I believe I might have found a month ago in my garage.

Along with the provisions that I have to buy I will need to use all of my vacation days at once for the month I am gone, if that bastard will let me anyway. If it works and I turn up in Equestria I still want to be able to return to my life here. I may not like this life but I do still have obligations. Finally done preparing for work I get in my car and start to drive making a mental list of supplies I might need in different scenarios.

---------------------------

Near the end of my shift after my work is done I find my dumb-ass boss sitting in the break room for his eleventh 15 minute break of the day stuffing his face as per usual. "Hey Mr. Mayfield if you have a second I need to request some time off."

"Ah, my favorite employee. I've got some time, what days do you need? You've got a whole bunch built up and we're not really busy so take as many as you need." The guy is a dick to everyone other than me just because I don't talk back and have never missed a day in my time here. Also might I mention he never stopped eating even while talking.

I highly doubt he really means 'as many as I need' he never lets anyone out for more than a week no matter how much time they have built up. "Well the thing is sir, I'm going to need the whole rest of the month off. Something of great important came up that I need to take care of."

This man is like a light switch, he's either super friendly and helpful or a total red faced angry baboon. Guess which he switched to after hearing my request. "When I said take as much as you need I meant maybe a week! Not 30 fucking days! I couldn't give two shits about why you need the time but you either take a week or nothing at all."

"I'll just have to take the week then. If that's still alright." Pigheaded ass was still eating while yelling so I now had to clean half chewed food off of me.

"Ya whatever just take it now and leave me alone. I don't want to see you for the rest of the week."

-----------------------------------------

"Food, water, clothes, flashlight, batteries, solar charger, notepad and pencils.. Good enough." My list of items I might need was far too long for the limited amount of space my pack had so against better judgement I'm only bringing stuff that may help in Equestria. Again, If it even leads there.

"Fuck it. Ready as I'll ever be I guess" With that I start prepping the portal which hopefully won't draw in as much power from the nearby area with the additional generators I had recently bought. With everything in place and my pack in hand I hit the switch to allow power to the portal. However regardless of my generators the power to the garage lights immediately cut out as the swirling of the portal started up. While I am happy the portal opened, it also caused my sense of fear to return full force and I was beginning to re-think my decision.

My legs were already moving me towards the portal before I could decide to chicken out, I guess my body decided for me. Once I was within touching distance I felt the distinct pull that I felt just a month ago, though before I could touch the portal the pull turned into a push shoving me back. It was just enough of a push to make me step back and ponder exactly what the hell is going on right now. Not having anything to base off of the only thing I can think of is that somethings coming through from the other side.

The possibilities of who or what could be coming through are endless and my options are few. Stand my ground and see what happens, or run like hell and hope I didn't doom earth by letting some unknown creature through. 'I am a man'. I must stand my ground, even though I don't have much of a choice with my legs shaking like they are. The portal started flashing then I began to hear screaming coming closer, but before I could react I was hit in the chest by something and knocked back into wall behind me. While trying to catch my breath I noticed it was the thief that had been thrown into me from the now closed portal. When the dazed thief finally noticed me he said, "Dude! You will not believe where that thing sent me!"