• Published 5th Dec 2018
  • 3,200 Views, 207 Comments

Easy Access, the Story of Quill - Graphite Quill



I made a portal to Equestria in my garage, and exploit the hell out of it.

  • ...
21
 207
 3,200

The Chapter Title

I never thought I'd say this, but I missed Canterlot. I've enjoyed my time here don't get me wrong but I never thought I'd miss seeing all the uppity nobles roaming the streets. I'm beginning to feel like I belong here on this world, though it's a foolish thought to have. I may walk like a pony and I may even talk like a pony but I'm still a human. Blu's expression at seeing Canterlot for the first time left me feeling an odd sense of pride that I made this possible. I'm responsible for saving her and giving her another chance at life when no other would. I've only known her for a scant amount of time but I can already feel a connection to her that I've rarely ever had. I love her, and not in any weird perverse way, but instead like a daughter. Huh. Like my own daughter. That thought both excites and scares me.

Once landed we had all agreed to having lunch together the next day after we rested from the trip. Celestia and Luna retired to their rooms leaving me and Blu to start our walk to the small library where I'm temporarily bunking. I was tempted to just teleport us but decided against giving my older boss a heart attack considering that she will likely already be shocked by her new meat eating housemate. I'll have to apologize for the sudden change and explain Blu's predicament. Speaking of..

"Were you serious when you said I should name you? 'Seven' is a slave name and 'Blu' is a bit too, on the nose." I said to Blu ruffling the blue tipped feathers on top of her head

"Y-ya, I want you to give me a real name." She said with a demure smile.

"Well if you're sure then I guess it's about time I gave you one, Cara." I said watching as she stopped walking to stare at me. I smiled. "Something wrong Cara?"

Blu, now named Cara, stared at me with a look of hope in her now teary eyes. Smiling yet again I sat, nodded, and opened my arms for a hug. She wasted no time and leapt into my arms, I held her for several minutes until her tears stopped and her breathing evened out. Starting to pull away I realized that she fell asleep, I slowly picked her up with my magic and laid her on my back. I continued walking towards the library at an even pace careful of the precious cargo on my back. Damnit kid you've got me thinking like a pony, I'm not usually this much of a pansy. I don't think I've ever used the word precious in any way that wasn't supposed to be sarcastic.

A short time later I arrived at the library opening the door and keeping the bell above it from ringing with my magic. It was getting close enough to closing time so I locked the door after making sure nopony was still inside browsing. I only sensed one source upstairs so I began making my way to my temporary living space to allow Cara the use of my bed while I talked with my boss. Mrs. Binding came out of her room just in time to see me opening the door to mine. She started to open her mouth to speak before noticing a certain ball of feathers and fur sleeping on my back. Her eyes grew wide enough for me to see the unspoken question radiating from her mind. I held up a hoof before walking into my room and closing the door a bit louder than I meant to. I could feel Cara stirring from her sleep as I placed her on the bed under the blankets.

"It's okay, you're home now." I said as soothingly as I could. "Go back to sleep, I'll be here when you wake up." Thankfully she didn't wake up completely, she only smiled and curled up drifting back to sleep. After that was done I returned to the hallway where Mrs. Binding waited.

"First you ask about griffon prostitutes and now you bring a fledgling home? Now I know you weren't gone that long." She said jokingly.

-=-=-

"So you adopted a slave, freed her, and essentially sidestepped a law right in front of our princesses." Page said condescendingly.

"Yeah, pretty much." I said with a shrug.

"I'm having a hard time figuring out if you're a bold pony or just a stupid one." She said shaking her head in exasperation.

"A little bit of both most likely. Honestly though being a noble and being direct friends with the princesses, gives me some leeway with stuff like this. However I don't plan to bend the rules like that again any time soon." I replied.

"I should hope not. No matter the reason, however noble it may be, it's wrong use your friendship with our princesses to disregard the law."

'That sounds suspiciously like a friendship lesson..' I thought. "I know and I promise I won't make it a habit, but I couldn't just ignore the situation."

"While I believe there were other options, I can't say I blame you. I'm sure I would have done the same thing, though with a bit more tact." She said before taking on a serious expression. "You realize what being responsible for a griffon fledgling means right? The meat, the molting of feathers, the beak and claw sharpening, and not to mention the attitude changes during puberty. Then you have to worry about different phases like when she starts trying to turn everything into a nest, or when-"

"Woah! Hang on for a second! The meats taken care of and as for the rest, I'll figure it out as I get there. How the fuck do you know about all this anyways?" Just what in the hell did I get myself into!?

-=-=-=- -=-=-=-

Luna relaxed her mind and let her magic flow out to linger around her room. She was both excited and nervous about entering the dream realm again. It had been a long time since she had last attempted to enter the mind of a sleeping pony and she feared what may be waiting for her in 'his' dreams. Celestia had asked Luna to attempt to enter the dreams of Sir Graphite Quill under the guise of possibly helping him, but Luna knew better. She knew her sister didn't completely trust him, and she knew that it was because of how quickly he was becoming more than just a friend to Luna's eyes.

By delving into his dreams Luna hoped to banish any lingering doubts that her sister might have. While clearing his name is her top priority, she secretly hoped to glean his true feelings towards her from his unconscious mind. Luna had lived a great many lifetimes compared to the average pony, and she never found a reason to become attached to any other than her own immortal race. She could never understand why Celestia had taken husbands in the past, only to have them die and cause her grief after what seemed such a short time in her own eyes. Now though, she realized her mistake. After her banishment she realized just how fast time flies when you have nothing, the days pass as if they never happened due to their repetitive nature. Now she understands what it's like having somepony she truly cares about around. Every day is full of new experiences and thoughts when she's with Graphite.

With her thoughts settled and memories of Graphite on her mind she reached into the dreamscape with her magic, simultaneously finding and banishing nightmares as she went. Her powers here were limited only by distance. She cured the dreams of ponies, griffons, and minotaur alike. Her magic flowed through space and time reaching only to the outer edges of Equestria allowing no creature to go unnoticed. All except one were touched by her magic for the first time in a thousand years, guaranteeing a good nights rest to all. Saving the best for last she withdrew her magic tendrils from the rest of Equestria and focused on the one untouched soul sleeping soundly a mere few minutes walk from her own home. The outward appearance of Graphite's dream showed no signs of distress, discomfort, or anything else for that matter. He was in fact dreaming, but at the same time it seemed transparent almost as if he wasn't. Luna could pass between dreams without a physical presence using only her magic guided by her senses rather than by physical movement and sight. His dream however repelled her magic with ease.

While not the first to do so, his immunity to her magic shocked her into nearly letting her concentration slip from the dreamscape. In the past she had seen only a few who required a more direct approach. As if fading from existence her physical body slipped completely into the dream realm.

Author's Note:

I realized that the last chapter left me with only 85 words till I hit 50k and I couldn't leave it like that for very long. So, I decided to work on one more quick(hence the title) chapter before I took my time to figure out the next few chapters and events. As always, I hope you all enjoyed and peace fellow pones!