• Published 5th Dec 2018
  • 3,186 Views, 207 Comments

Easy Access, the Story of Quill - Graphite Quill



I made a portal to Equestria in my garage, and exploit the hell out of it.

  • ...
21
 207
 3,186

The Experimentation

"Dafuq happened?" Was the first thing I said and thought when I woke up. Its pitch black in my house, the most likely cause is whatever the hell shocked me into unconsciousness until night came. This didn't make sense at all considering the only thing I touched was the door handle which isn't connected to anything electricity wise, it was almost like a massive static shock. I can barely see anything so I reach for the closest light source which is my phone in my pocket only to find that it was dead even after not having used it at all today. One of the many oddities I will find today it seems.

Standing up and feeling for where I landed after getting thrown back from the static shock, I feel the arm of the couch which is most likely what I hit after getting sent flying across the house. Having an idea where I was I headed in the direction of the front door to get outside, I wanted to check on why the street light outside my house wasn't lighting the room like usual. I had no issue getting where I wanted because of how many times I've walked through my house 'blind' just so I'd be prepared in situations like this. What can I say, I like to be prepared and I get bored allot.

I open the door to find nothing but the moon illuminating my yard and the distant neighbors houses. Seems to be a total blackout of the neighborhood judging by the candles in peoples windows. The timing had to be merely coincidence as there is no way plugging in some LED lights overloaded the whole power system that we run on. No power means no charging my phone, which also means no emergency contact if need be, though I doubt I'd call for anything anyway since I usually treat myself when injured.

My only other easy option for light inside the house is my military grade flashlight that i keep in the trunk of my car. Pulling the key fob out of my pocket I click the unlock button expecting the lights to flash and the door to unlock but nothing happened no matter what I pressed. Must have broke the fob when landing earlier, so the other option is to unlock the door with the key and quickly turn on the car to shut off the alarm. I never understood why the alarm still goes off even when using the key to open the door.

"What the hell?" No alarm, no lights, nothing. Its almost like it has a dead battery but that shouldn't be possible as nothing had been left on to drain it. Good thing this car has the old pull release latch for the trunk instead of the electronic kind. I doubt there's much I can do with no power so the best option would be either to wait or sleep until daylight. Considering I woke up feeling almost completely fine I chose the latter and returned to the house turning on the flashlight. "Glad something finally works.." I tend to speak to myself out loud when I get annoyed or my anxiety starts acting up, currently its the former. Shouldn't really be surprised that the flashlight still works, even though everything else electronic seems to be dead, being made for military use it can survive small explosions and even an electromagnetic pulse.

Even though it seems that everything got fried that was attached to my electricity, RIP gaming PC, I figure it would be best to unplug everything just so the objects that still work wont get ruined if there's a surge when the power comes back on. Twenty minutes later everything is unplugged other than the stuff in the bedroom, since I'm heading there eventually anyways, and in the garage. Even though the power is down I retrieve and put on my insulated rubber gloves for entering the same door that could have killed me earlier. I can tell from the moment I turn the knob that something isn't right. Light, the garage is lit up with a luminescent glow that seemed to get slightly dimmer every few seconds.

While shining the flashlight around it starts to flicker every time it passes the object sitting in the center of the room, the mirror. Even being behind the mirror i can tell the light is coming from it, which would be cool that it had this lighting effect if not for the fact that its currently on with no power in the house. I'll be honest, I was confused, scared, intrigued, and very uncomfortable with what was happening. Forcing myself to walk around in front of it was more difficult than i'd ever admit out loud.

"Holy hell, I better be fucking dreaming..." The light in the mirror looked way too familiar to the light of the open portal in the movie. As I got closer, curiosity getting the better of my fear, it almost felt as if there was a slight pull on my clothes towards the mirror. Like the mirror had its own gravitational pull. That's impossible though, I made this myself. I stopped about 3 feet away from whatever it is I was looking at, the pull felt much stronger but not enough to move me. My necklace however was pointing straight towards the mirror as if it was a magnet. "Not happening. Can't be happening, oh craaaaaap. This does NOT make sense!"

Confused cannot even begin to encompass my feelings on the situation, in the moment all logic seemed irreverent so I let curiosity take control again to hopefully try and understand what was happening. I needed something, anything to toss at the mirror to either prove or disprove my suspicions that this was just some hallucination brought on by the earlier shock.

Not wanting to move from the spot I was currently standing in I had 4 things I could throw, phone, wallet, keys, or the flashlight. I need the flashlight to see, my phone would hit the flood and break, and I don't want to chance losing my keys in the dark so wallet it is. With the wallet in hand I slowly reach towards the mirror and release my hold on the wallet, it falls to the floor at an angle towards the mirror then slides closer until suddenly it lifts up and gets pulled directly into the mirror disappearing with a popping noise. I walked straight through the door into the main house ignoring what had just happened saying, "Nope. I'm fucking done for the day. I'm going to bed. Now."