• Published 5th Dec 2018
  • 3,200 Views, 207 Comments

Easy Access, the Story of Quill - Graphite Quill



I made a portal to Equestria in my garage, and exploit the hell out of it.

  • ...
21
 207
 3,200

The Change

Author's Note:

Long chapter or a short chapter. Hmmm... This ones a bit longer than most of the others but I need help deciding on which would be better. Long (2k+ words) or short (<1.5k words). Long gives more info and bulk to the story, but if i do short I might be able to get 2 out... You all decide.

=-=-=-=-=Canterlot=-=-=-=-=

Twilight Sparkle rushed through the city towards the castle to talk to her teacher about the magical pulse that only she could feel. This was the second time it has happened, the first having happened only a month ago. When she detected the first pulse wave pass through her she knew it was powerful magic, and somehow only she had felt it. Twilight decided to wait and see if it would happen again before she interrupted Princess Celestia's important work for something so trivial. She was already prepared when the second wave hit, feeling the tingle just before it happened she used her own magic to track the spells origin to an apartment building in the so called 'poor' section of Canterlot. While contemplating why it was considered a poor area she walked past the castle guards who barely even glanced at their princesses star pupil having seen her many times in the past. She knew the castle well and headed through the maze like halls towards the thrown room where her teacher would most likely be denying some noble's official claim that the castle needed a statue of his 'family jewels' or something else to give himself a better standing with royalty.

Twilight had finally made it to the thrown room after several turns in different directions avoiding the dead ends. When asked Princess Celestia will say the reason for the maze like structure is a way of amusement that has kept her sane over the years, she sometimes enjoyed watching ponies get lost and confused. She sometimes even used illusion magic to make them walk in circles without their knowledge, some spending an hour walking in circles before she would send a guard to take them the right way. Just as Twilight was about to enter the side door that leads directly to the thrown she could just barely hear the conversation inside. "But auntie I think the maids would love to see me in all my glory every time they walk past my room! It will be made of gold, and we can use really big diamonds for my ba-"

"No Blueblood. Fouls sometimes walk these halls, I cannot allow such a thing in the castle and that's final." Celestia said with a tired sigh. He had probably been fighting for whatever this 'thing' is for a long time, Twilight thought as she entered the room. Celestia who was happy to finally have an excuse to leave immediately teleported Twilight and herself to the libraries vault so they could talk freely without interruption.

"Twilight! I'm thankful you came when you did, I swear that nephew of mine." She then noticed and recognized the look on Twilight's face. It was a look of excitement, wistfulness, and slight concern all mixed into one expression that she had only ever saw on her faithful student. "Whats going on Twilight, another experiment gone wrong? I'd be happy to help with the cleanup if you need me."

A slight blush broke through Twilight's expression at the memory of the last experiment when she accidentally cast a lust spell on half of Canterlot. "Um, this isn't about my magic this time thankfully." She could still remember the smell that hung around for weeks after that incident, sweat, salt, and regret lingered in the air. "This is actually about a powerful magical pulse that has happened twice now."

"Oh you mean the one from earlier today and the one last month?" Celestia said wondering about the implications of Twilight being able to detect such magic.

"Yes! Nopony else could feel them, I was starting to think it was just me but I should have know you would be able to sense it. I didn't know what it could be at first and I thought it would be better to wait and see if it happened again so I could write a report about it for you. When the second wave hit I was able to track it to an apartment building but it was over so quick that I couldn't tell which room it came from." Twilight seemed frustrated that she was unable to find the source.

"Did you scan the building for any residual magic?"

"That's the problem! There was no trace of such high tier magic which is impossible! The only magic I found was just remnants of small cleaning spells." Thinking for a moment she remembered something. "I did however sense a particularly strong magic buildup in one pony inside, It was almost like they were overflowing with power. I don't think it was that pony that caused the pulses, I doubt anypony could put out that much power." After Twilight finished they continued to talk over tea about what could have been the cause of the magic.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Celestia knew he had finally arrived. "After centuries of waiting our savior is here to bring you home sister. It's only a matter of time before we can be with each other once again Lulu. I've missed you." Celestia stood in the place she named 'The Hall of Memories Best Forgotten' thinking about all the time lost since her sisters banishment. She looked down the hall at all the pictures of loved ones that have either passed or betrayed the kingdom. As she walked she looked at the portraits of past husbands and nobles that meant a great deal to her and Luna. She was after the last portrait hung in the hall almost one thousand years ago, but she was distracted by the portrait of herself, her sister, and one other who had once been more than a friend to both of them. He lost their support and affection once he tried to take over Equestria with his chaotic magic. He now sits in the garden for all eternity as a statue that nopony on this planet recognizes.

Remembering why she came here in the first place Princess Celestia retrieved the painting of Princess Luna with a tears of joy in her eyes. "Soon sister, we'll be together soon." With the painting in hoof she teleported it to her room and began to walk with no destination in mind while thinking about the events to come in the near future.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Fucking hell." Everything hurt. "You better hope the portal worked and i'm in Equestria not some random ass planet." I said towards 'Thief' after waking up leaning muzzle first against the wall. Oh ya I have a muzzle now, and a tail. "Fuck my life."

"Hey you're the one that wanted to come with me, its your own fault." I could practically feel the excitement in his voice.

"Why are you so cheery? We just had our bones re-shaped and then got thrown into a wall." I say annoyed by his excitement.

"Wasn't so bad this time I barely felt anything. Must get easier each time I guess! Oh and also I had a nice soft landing thanks to my duffel bag. I put a pillow in there for this very reason, I had the bag to my chest when I jumped in!" Said the smug looking ass with wings. Which reminds me, what am I?

"Alright smart-ass, why don't you go stretch your wings or something. I don't care what you do but after we leave this building we do NOT know each other and we will not speak until our month is up and we head back through. Got it thief?" I quickly glance back at my side checking for wings but only see a dark green coat and part of a faded blue mane. "The fuck is this coloration!?"

"I told you to change clothes, why do you think I wore the same clothes I had on when I first went through. Oh and I do have a name you dickhead. You'll fit in with the other bone-heads around here, y'all are arrogant and stubborn." Ignoring his last comment I look up to see a large horn sticking out of my forehead. I couldn't help the maniacal laughter that slipped out after. Judging from the look on his face it must have sounded truly evil.

"This couldn't have worked out any better." Previous pain and annoyance forgotten I couldn't stop smiling.

"And you were worried about bringing me here? Da fuck was that shit!? Sounded like some evil villain laugh from a cartoon. Makes me think you're going to do something really bad, and stop smiling its creeping me the hell out!"

"I don't see why this is creepy. I'm simply excited at this turn of events. My plans will move along so much faster now with magic on my side," I tried to focus on my bag to make it float over to me but nothing happened. "once I figure out how it works."

"Well you have fun with that I'll just be leaving n-" Nearby a door slammed open and a pissed off looking griffon flew in and tackled Thief to the ground.

"HEY! Where in Tartarus have you been!? You think you can just disappear like that and not tell me?!" That voice sounds familiar for some reason, but its none of my business. Walking is much easier than I thought it would be and even seems more efficient than walking on two legs. I could hear Thief trying to explain to the female griffon some bull shit lie that he came up with on the spot for why he disappeared. How did I know the griffon was a woman? Lets just say a griffons tail doesn't cover much when its flicking around in the air.