• Published 5th Dec 2018
  • 3,200 Views, 207 Comments

Easy Access, the Story of Quill - Graphite Quill



I made a portal to Equestria in my garage, and exploit the hell out of it.

  • ...
21
 207
 3,200

The Magic Man Pt.2

Is it really that simple? I mean I've never known discord to be this serious about any explanation, he usually just jokes around. If what he says is true then I've spent allot of time learning useless crap over the past couple of months. "You're serious? I haven't been able to use magic because I've been trying too hard?" I ask.

"Yep. All this time could have been spent in much more productive and chaotic ways, magic theory is useless to you. Is your name Richard Rahl by chance?" Asked Discord while changing everything back into the courtyard we were in before.

"What? No, who the fuck is Richard Rahl?"

"Not important. Anyways I bet you're wondering how exactly I escaped from my imprisonment, but too bad I'm not telling you. However I will give you a heads up about that mirror. Celestia has it and she knows something, aka you, came through and has it on lockdown to force whoever was using it to come to her. Her reasoning behind this is in all honesty hilarious because of how misguided it is."

"Does she know who I am?"

"Not that I'm aware of, no. She has been waiting for 'the savior' to come find it."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?! This isn't some bullshit story where the human gets dragged into helping save Equestria is it? I do not want to be one of those stereotypical hero characters." This is starting to sound like some bad fanfic.

"Oh goodness no! You're better off staying out of all that stuff, she just thinks you are some hero because of a 'prophecy' some old crazy stallion gave her once. It went something like 'Blah blah from another planet, blah blah the moon princess will rise again.' Basically she took it the wrong way and combined two separate points into one convoluted idea that some otherworldly being would come and save not only her sister but Equestria itself. In reality however Swirlybeard was just saying stuff was going to start going crazy around the same time something from another world showed up. Its all a coincidence really."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

After Discord and I finished our chat he turned back to stone resuming his normal position. I however am going to see what I can learn from Celestia herself. Finding the nearest guard I sent him off with my first request, tea with the princesses. What better way to get the chance to figure shit out AND talk to Luna who, if you haven't noticed, I have a thing for. She has always been one of my favorite characters even though she had very little screen time, maybe its because of her past or maybe its just because of all the fanfics I've read. I also kinda feel like I made a bad first impression which can be bad considering she is a princess.

The way I see it I've got a pretty good chance of getting my request fulfilled, I mean after all I would basically be giving them a break from dealing with their duties. They'd still be doing their jobs to which is the best part, as royals they have to at least listen to a nobles request and if deemed acceptable its their job to follow through with the request. They get a most likely needed break and I get to sit and talk to two beautiful mares. I find it strange that I accepted the idea of being with a pony so quickly. While I am currently also a pony I would have thought that my humanity would be screaming 'FUCK no' in my head, but nothing of that sort so far.

I have however still been hearing those faint voices in my head but I believe I know what it is: Magic. Spending the last couple of months hearing this shit and only catching bits and pieces makes me thing I'm accidentally picking up on someone else's conversation through magic. I'm not sure if that's a thing but in a world of magic I would not be surprised. When I started to try to figure it out I noticed the difference in clarity depending on where I was at the time of hearing the voices, but I could never figure out the source or even how to stop 'listening' to the conversation.

"Sir Quill, the princesses will see you now." It was the same guard I had sent with the request.

"Lead the way. I have no clue where we are to meet and I have not been in the castle enough to know the way." The guard nodded and we started off.

'.... we've a request .... Sir Quill .. .... for tea. Are ... available .. ......'

The voice are back maybe I should try what discord mentioned and just let it happen, concentrating on the voices never helped making it clearer so why not just let it happen. No later than I had the thought there was a small flash above my head but it didn't last long enough to see where it came from.

'Yes sister I am free of important duties for the moment. I am happy to get the chance to speak with Graphite Quill as I still feel embarrassed about leaving so suddenly. His words were unexpected but very welcome to hear and I hope I have not offended him with my actions.'

'Lulu I'm sure if you explain it to him he will understand and besides I believe he also feels he was in the wrong. If I remember correctly, after you left and I questioned him, he felt he had angered you. I regrettably only just remembered he asked me to give you his apology.'

HOLY FUCK! It worked, which is good, but I've now learned that I have been eavesdropping on THE princess's conversations! This could be very bad, I'm lucky they haven't caught on yet or i'd be in deep shit. Hold on.. Really Celestia? "You only just now remembered? It's been two months! Seriously bitch?"

'Um, Luna while I do understand that I made a mistake Isn't name calling a bit childish?'

Oh fuck. Did I say that out loud? Or rather in my/our heads?

'Sister that was not me!'

'Luna who else could it have been? Nopony else can use a spell such as this other than Princess Cadence and she is too far away.'

'I do not know but I assure you it was not me. I suggest we stay our conversation here until I arrive at your study.'

Silence. Pure terrifying silence. Awesome that I can do something that is apparently so rare but now I can only think about what would happen if they knew I was listening in. If they are as smart as I think they are their first thought should be about the dangers of what their conversations have or may still reveal to a possible enemy. I am definitely not an enemy, to them at least. I have enough respect for them that while I may flirt I will never try to, for lack of a better word, seduce them into my/their beds. Don't get me wrong though if either were to offer I'd accept in a heartbeat.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Mrs.Binding had just finished making her favorite soup, cream of broccoli, and sat down at the table to eat. She absolutely loves this soup, so much so that she spent most of the day looking for her late husbands special recipe. The search lasted hours but was well worth it to her because she would finally get to taste a small piece of heaven once again. Just as she was raising a spoon full to her lips there was a bright flash above her. Only a moment later a pony fell from the ceiling and hit the table with a loud crash upending her freshly made hot soup sending its contents splattering over his muzzle and back. He let out a pained yelp from both the fall and the scalding liquid covering his coat.

All this happened in a span of half a second, and how did the old mare react you ask? She was started and nearly fall backwards in fright until her mind recognized who had just fallen and how they had gotten there. "GRAPHITE! HOW- WHY-"
She was conflicted, several emotions were flooding through her over what had just happened. She was angry about her soup, confused that he had managed such a high level spell, and excited for what this could mean.

The bruised and burnt stallion slowly slid off the table with a groan before stating his thoughts aloud. "It worked but I wish it hadn't, what the fuck is all over me?"

"It WAS my dinner! How were you able to teleport here?! Did you use you own magic?" The mare's confusion and curiosity were clearly evident on her face.

"Yes I teleported with my own magic, I guess I wasn't specific enough on where exactly I ended up. Did you just cook this shit? It's burning fucking hot!" With another bright flash his coat was clean showing a few bruises from the rough landing. The mare's jaw dropped even more at the cleansing spell she had never taught him about. Before she could speak however there was another flash and a green aura slid past the bruised areas. She watched in mind numbing astonishment as the bruises healed instantly.

Graphite noticed his boss's astounded stare and though he knew why she was so confused he decided to ask anyway. "Whats wrong? Did I miss something?"

"HOW THE BUC-" The mare clamped a hoof over her muzzle to stop herself then brought it back down to her chest. She slowly took a deep breath to calm down and as she let it out she lowered her hoof back to the floor. "You realize I have ALLOT of question so we are going to sit here and you are going to answer every single one." Gaining an affirmative nod from the stallion she began her questioning.

Author's Note:

Well I'm a bit late on this one from when I thought i'd get it done but hey three days is better than the usual month right? I know I could have made this chapter about 400 words longer easily but I wanted to get it up today before I had to sleep for work and I'm not really feeling the writing bug today. Anyways pones I hope you all enjoyed, peace! {T}