• Published 5th Dec 2018
  • 3,200 Views, 207 Comments

Easy Access, the Story of Quill - Graphite Quill



I made a portal to Equestria in my garage, and exploit the hell out of it.

  • ...
21
 207
 3,200

The Princesses

Author's Note:

Boop! I finally managed to kick my lazy ass into gear and write some more, hope you enjoy this slightly shorter chapter. Time is going to start flowing a bit faster in the next few chapters, for instance several days will pass in one chapter and maybe a week will pass in another. Just hang in there for the next chapter, I don't know when i'll get the time to write more so ya.. Anyways peace my fellow pones! P.S I am not a Celestia hater and neither is the story's Graphite. Her obliviousness to her sisters problems will play a part later on. {T}

Princess Luna sat paralyzed with fear while awaiting her execution. She could hear all the ponies outside plotting their revenge against her and laughing at her soon-to-be demise. Or so she thought. In reality the ponies were all celebrating the return of the once wayward princess and awaiting the ceremony with glee. While it is true that some are uncertain of her and her goals as a princess, none hated her as much as she thought they all did.

"Sister how can thee be certain they will not attack us?" Luna thought with uncertainty as she continued to shiver in place waiting for her cue.

"Lulu we've talked about this, they do not hate you. I won't lie, some are going to be afraid of you at first but you just have to give them time. My little ponies are not as 'sturdy' as they used to be, they will be more afraid of you than you of them." Celestia thought to her sister hoping to cheer her up. It did not help. "Are you ready? Your time to shine is only a few sentences away!"

"We are ready sister." Unbeknownst to her sister, Luna was hurt by the thought of ponies being afraid of her. She sat in tears hoping to be able to put on a mask of happiness for her sisters sake.

-=-=-=- Graphite -=-=-=-

I sat next to my boss three rows from the front trying to ignore the idiot in armor waving at me from the other side of the courtyard. Ms.Binding noticed my scowl but decided to focus on the speech, for the moment anyways. She tends to ask the most difficult questions for me to answer so i'm expecting another round of twenty questions after this event. I've learned that when she wants answers she gets them, though they are not always complete answers on my part.

I honestly expected this to be a bit more exciting but so far its been pretty boring, I guess I know why the mane six didn't show. I mainly came to see Princess Luna in person but I'm hoping to get a chance to talk to Celestia about 'my' pen idea. If i were a lucky man I might get the chance to talk to Luna, but who am I kidding. Me? Lucky? Not a chance.

The speaker on stage had just finished telling everypony what happened in the Everfree Forest with the mane six when something strange happened. I felt a familiar tingle in the back of my head, similar to what i felt the day before when the sun returned. I knew that it was magic of some sort so I latched onto the feeling on the off chance that it was my magic trying to do something. Nothing happened physically but I could have sworn I heard a voice whispering in my head. It was too quiet to hear exactly what was said but I caught 'be certain' and 'ready sister' or something like that. To say that I was freaked out would be an understatement.

I didn't have very long to think over what I had hear before Princess Luna walked out on stage. She had an obviously strained smile on her face and a stiff gait that told me she did not want to do this. I don't blame her, I however do blame Celestia. I mean how thick can you be? Your sister returns after a thousand lonely years of banishment for crimes the Nightmare forced her into, and you throw a big event the next day forcing her to talk in front of an entire city. This helps me understand why Luna allowed the Nightmare in, Celestia simply does not think about her sibling's feelings.

She spoke in the royal voice saying that she was happy to be back and all the political crap. Definitely a speech written by her sister. Then afterwards Celestia spoke of some random shit that I didn't pay attention to because I was busy watching Luna glance at the crowd. Every time she looked out to the ponies in the crowd she seemed to shrink into herself a little bit at a time. I hoped this would be over before she broke down in front of everyone, dammit Celestia pay attention for once. Just as I was starting to get frustrated she looked my way, I waved to get her attention directed at me and gave her an apologetic smile and nod hoping to let her know I understood her situation. Her reaction was only slightly different in the way that she held my gaze for a bit longer than she had with the other random ponies.

-=-=-=- -=-=-=-

Against her earlier beliefs Luna survived. She managed to put on a brave face for her sister and remember the prepared speech even through the fearful guilt she felt. The royal mare was ready to return to her room and cry herself to into a fitful rest, while her sister Celestia conversed with the nobles. She wanted no part of that exchange. They had ignored Luna completely and walked straight to Celestia in order to congratulate her on her sisters return. If Luna was honest with herself she would admit that she preferred to be left alone, it was easier than watching them shake on their hooves and stutter every word. It was her hope that she would be forgotten by everypony other than her sister so that she may stay in her room indefinitely.

However fate had other plans and shattered her hope with a simple greeting from a unicorn stallion. He wore glasses, had forest green fur and a faded blue mane. He was the one pony she had seen in the entire crowd that had shown signs of seeing through her mask of happiness, the one she felt understood her even better than her older sister.

"Good morning Princess Luna." He said without a stutter, bowing with a calm ease. "I do hope I am not overstepping any boundaries by saying this, but everypony makes mistakes. Its how we handle the aftermath that matters not what we did, please believe me when I say this." He looked directly into her eyes without an ounce of fear in his own. "Things will get better, but only if you allow them to." Luna was far too flustered to realize that she had teleported to her room leaving a confused stallion in her wake.

-=-=-=- Graphite -=-=-=-

Great. Fucking. Job. Idiot! Thirty seconds and you already made the best princess red faced with anger and teleport away. After that train wreck of a first impression I decided to try to find a gap in Celestia's entourage so I can ask about my patented idea. However I did not need to go far as she had dismissed the nobles and was B-lining straight towards me with a horribly masked scowl. Assuming she saw the interaction with her sister I figured she was coming over to castrate me. After a quick apology to my current bodies unused bits I figured it would be best if I took it like a man and stood my ground.

"Mr.Quill, I see you made it past my guards and even met my sister. While I am curious how you made it back stage I am much more concerned about what exactly you said to PRINCESS Luna to make her flee so quickly." Even though she kept her tone pleasant I was freaking the fuck out. She is one scary mare when she wants to be.

I managed to keep my cool on the outside for the most part, at least I hope so. "I was simply offering some consolation but I'm afraid I may have said something wrong. Please let Princess Luna know that I am deeply sorry for what I said and that I hope she would be willing to forgive me." Her scowl seemed to soften a little as she asked why I came back here. I explained and we started to talk about the production of the pen. Then that bitch lady luck said 'fuck you' and sent the worst possible pony to interrupt us just as she was about to bring me up to date with what's happening with 'my' pen idea.

"Aunty! Why are you letting this inbred commoner talk to you as if he were important?!" Prince 'Blueballs' Blueblood trotted up practically yelling about impure hillbillies or some shit. I don't really know what all he said because I was desperately trying to get my magic to work just once so I could set him on fire, or make his dick fall off. I would have been happy with either one but neither happened.

I have to give credit where its due though, Celestia kept a straight face while waiting for him to shut the fuck up. Once he did she dropped both of our jaws with what she said. My face spread into the biggest grin I've ever felt, and the 'Prince' walked away with his head down more silent than he has probably ever been in his life.

Celestia had said "Nephew I'd be more careful if I were you, he may not be a noble yet but that is only because you interrupted me. I was only just about to bestow him with a title that is at the same rank as yours, though not Prince, it gives him just as much of a right to be here as you have. In just two days he has made enough bits to buy you out of your room in the castle. I'd be careful not to insult those that are your equal."

Apparently I should check in with the bank more often. As it turns out some random griffon diplomat caught wind of the creation of my pens and completely bought out the batch that was just made along with the next two that hadn't even been made yet. Why you ask? Griffons are tired of pulling out another feather every time a quill breaks, and he wanted to capitalize on my idea. Shouldn't I be the one to decide on if he could resale my product? I really do not understand this world sometimes. Who cares, I'm rich! Oh and Lady Luck? I'm sorry for calling you a bitch, If you were a real person or pony I'd kiss you right now!