• Published 5th Dec 2018
  • 3,201 Views, 207 Comments

Easy Access, the Story of Quill - Graphite Quill



I made a portal to Equestria in my garage, and exploit the hell out of it.

  • ...
21
 207
 3,201

The Feathered Complication Pt.2

Author's Note:

I hope this one turned out a little better than the last even though it's shorter. I'm mainly trying to set up future events while also trying to figure out the best way to progress to said events. I changed things up this time and dusted off my laptop to write this with while sitting in my recliner. Why? Strangely enough most of my better(in my opinion) chapters were written on this laptop, in this chair. Hopefully It made a difference and this chapter is more put together than the last. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Please feel free to let me know how I'm doing in the comments or with a personal message, I'm always happy to hear input that might help me be a better writer. Thanks for reading pones! Peace! {T}

Overseeing the preparations taking place at the airship dock, Celestia stood at her balcony thinking about the unknown entity that invaded the telepathic conversation she had been having with her sister. Many days had passed since the incident took place but neither she nor her sister Luna had been able to figure out who or what had interrupted them. Telepathy was an exceedingly rare ability that only born alicorns seemed to posses, and this fact made it near impossible to track down info on the subject. All either of them knew is that they had always been able to talk to each other in this way and even Starswirl the Bearded himself was unable to figure it out, although he did still write a few pages worth of notes on what he was able figure out.

Scouring their limited information on telepathy only led to dead ends that discouraged them from continuing their search for the unknown being. The dangerous possibilities of something powerful enough to invade their collective thoughts were not lost on the sisters, however their citizens safety comes first. They had agreed to keep a watchful eye out for anything suspicious while continuing their usual duties. After their diplomatic trip to the Griffon Kingdom of course.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Luna hated airships. She could fly for hours so high up that she could barely breath without a care in the world, but airships made her nervous and very motion sick. Neither she nor her sister could figure out why flying at such a slow speed made her sick but it always did. Airships make Luna nervous because she didn't like the idea of being trapped inside of a flying wooden box on the off chance it was about to crash, and despite Celestia's assurance of its safety features Luna still hated traveling in this way. It had been far too long since she had last been to the kingdom so teleportation was impossible and there was no other way of getting there safely with all the dangerous creatures along the way.

With the looming thought of the coming days of motion sickness she had mostly forgotten about the unknown creature she had been trying to track down. She instead found herself thinking of the noble that would be going with them to the land of the griffons and how he would react to the meat the griffons would undoubtedly be serving. Most ponies balked at the sight of cooked meat and she wondered if Graphite would still want to be her friend after seeing her partake in the meat at the dinner. As alicorns Luna and Celestia were ultimately omnivorous and could eat meat but usually only ate plants and the like to keep from causing problems with the nobles of Canterlot. She knew she could have some sent to her room once there so she wouldn't have to take a chance at losing a friend in Graphite. It had been just over a thousand years since she had last had any kind of meat and she was really starting to crave it since she started thinking about the griffons dietary habits.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Wait woah hold on, seriously? How does that even make sense!?" Exclaimed Graphite Quill.

"That's just how it is, I don't know what to tell you. The cows in and around the Griffon Kingdom have never been sentient so the griffons use them for food. That's one of many reasons you don't see cows traveling anywhere where there is a griffon settlement even though Equestrian griffons know not to harm them." Page Binding was telling her only employee about the griffon culture and what to expect when he attends the dinner. She had mentioned that they would likely offer him meat even though he is a pony because some, mostly pegasi, enjoyed it from time to time. He had asked what kinds of meat they would offer him.

"I question this world at times. Can ponies even digest meat? I've never seen a pony eat meat at all."

"Yes we can digest it but only in small quantities, too much can make anypony very sick. As for why you've never seen a pony eat meat, it's very uncommon these days and it's very rarely ever done in public."

Graphite was excited to get the chance to eat meat again, he hadn't been craving it like a certain princess but he had missed the taste. He was also excited to get the chance to see another part of the world and to get the chance to talk to a griffon. He never saw the female griffon, that the worlds only other human befriended, after the two otherworldly visitors went their separate ways. Graphite felt that he would fit in better with the griffons than with the ponies, he thought it might be because of their similar predatory outlook and general temperament.

"What are their laws on prostitution?"

Page spewed the tea she had been drinking all over the table at the unexpected question. "WHAT!? Why would you want to know that!?"

"I thought my reasons would be obvious but if you really want to know, I want to feel how tight-"

"STOP! PLEASE SHUT UP! Please don't finish that sentence." The blushing older mare always wondered how he could say such intimate things out loud in front of others. Simply thinking of the things she and her husband used to do when others were around made her feel embarrassed. She decided it would be for the best to give him an answer in hopes that he would move on to a different subject. "I wouldn't know, I've never asked." She said returning to what was left of her tea.

"I feel like Celestia would know something about this. I should ask her." No sooner than the words left his mouth the last of Page Bindings tea was lost as she choked and coughed at the thought of Princess Celestia with a griffon prostitute.

-=-=-=-=-Number Seven=-=-=-=-

I pray to whoever or whatever is listening, please help me. I can't take it anymore. This life if you can even call it that, has been nothing but torture. I do everything I'm told and I do the best that I can but it's never enough for these monsters. They give me impossible tasks that even the older slaves can't handle alone and beat me when I mess up. I don't want to die. I really don't, but that seems to be the only way out. If I somehow managed to get away from them I'll either be captured and sold as a slave again or I'll be eaten by another type of monster out in the wilds.

Please, I'd do anything to be saved from this life. I know that no matter what I will be killed here even if I don't mess up at the dinner. One of these days my master is going to get a little too into beating me and end up killing me, it's happened to a few others.. I'm not like the others who have been here their whole lives, they're used to this and I'm not. I may not be able to remember them, but I remember the feeling of my parents love. I remember what it was like being free. I'm sorry for whatever I did to deserve this, I'll do anything to redeem myself! Unless maybe I don't deserve redemption. Maybe It would be best if I did die here.. Someone please help me...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Hmm. Things are going too well for him anyways, this story needs some spice! I've heard you little one even though you can't hear me. I'm not your savior however so I leave this up to him to decide your fate. I will however give him a little poke in your direction, I think you'll help counter his ponification. Maybe being near another predator will remind him that he's a human and not one of these squishy ponies. Harmony be damned I will not allow my entertainment to go soft on me." He was starting to regret using the mirror to grab this human, he knew it would turn him into a pony and he enjoyed thinking about the chaos a human with magic could cause. 'If only the magic of harmony wasn't interfering, oh the things this human could do.' He thought before returning to his stone encased body.