• Published 5th Dec 2018
  • 3,201 Views, 207 Comments

Easy Access, the Story of Quill - Graphite Quill



I made a portal to Equestria in my garage, and exploit the hell out of it.

  • ...
21
 207
 3,201

Act. 2 The Forgotten Mare Pt.1

"I swear I saw it! You have to believe me Honeydew!" The mare exclaimed. "I saw a Male alicorn walking through the sky. Walking!"

"Timber one of these days something bad is going to happen and nopony will believe you. You always say that you've seen something weird but never have any proof. If you saw anything at all it was likely just a pegasus stallion trying to imitate that one Wonderbolts trick where they move their wings so fast that-"

"I KNOW WHAT I SAW! His wings were folded against his side, there's no way he was doing the lunar walk!"

The disguised Princess Luna ignored the rest of the conversation as she continued to search for signs of changeling magic around Baltimare. She had spent the better part of three months devoting all her time to the search and imprisonment of changelings all over Equestria. There had been a massive decrease in population after the events of the Gala. Nearly 40% of Canterlot's inhabitants vanished overnight and reports were flooding in telling of several similar events happening across Equestria. The changelings were weakening their food before going in for the kill. An attack was eminent and the Princesses knew it.

Gathering her thoughts Luna returned to the palace in Canterlot with a flash of magic. She had been to Baltimare more often than any other city since the disappearance of her friend Graphite. She now knew of his true origins being from another world but she still had hoped she would find him there hiding from the changelings. Luna had seen enough of Graphite's magic to know he wouldn't let himself stay captive for long, and she had faith that she would see him again. After the Gala she spent the first month in anger at his betrayal of her trust and at herself for falling for him. Celestia had spent the entire time trying to calm her anger, it scared her to see her sister acting this way again and she didn't want to lose her sister after just having her returned.

Eventually something Celestia said struck a cord with Luna. She had said, "You can deny the truth but you cannot defeat it. Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self. You love him! There is magic in forgiveness Luna. The sooner you realize this, the faster you may heal from the pain of losing someone so dear to you. No matter who or what he is, he cares for you Lulu. He's still out there, and I know him well enough to know that he hasn't given up hope. So please don't lose hope in him."

Princess Luna, Ruler of the Night, cried herself to sleep that night after finally coming to terms with the realization that the enemy held the life of the one she loved in their hooves.

-=-=-=-=- Cara -=-=-=-=-

"Andy, do we really have to move again?" I asked even though I knew the answer. This isn't the first time we've had to pack up and disappear since dad left us.

"They've been getting too close for comfort, and I don't want another incident like what happened in Calcaria. your father isn't here to save us this time." Andraste replied while getting into his armor. It looked really cool but always scared ponies with all it's sharp spines. Then again it could be the fact that there's a rather large armored griffon roaming around Equestria. Dad had somehow managed to get word to my old friend Andy back in the griffon kingdom asking him for help. Apparently once he found out I was in trouble he escaped that turd Brennus and made his way to Equestria to help dad get me away from the bug ponies. We got away but they captured dad again, but he's a resourceful pony and has occasionally escaped to help us when Brennus's hired help caught up to us. Once we were safe he always let himself be captured by the changelings again..

"Why does dad keep leaving us to go with the bugs?" I asked Andraste.

He sagged a bit in his armor and let out a sad sounding sigh. "The changeling are proving to be far more resilient and determined than your father thought they would be. They've know where we are since I helped get you away from them. They don't care enough to actually capture us but them knowing where you are is enough for your father to willingly comply with them." Glancing around the room of the inn he stood straight and gestured towards the door. "Come on, we must leave this place. Your father will be fine, I'm sure he's making his captors regret every second of his forced imprisonment."

'Give them hell dad.' I thought using dad's word for Tartarus. He says such weird things sometimes.

-=-=-=- Graphite -=-=-=-

"Crux northern wall, Manta south wall, and Thesa east wall. We move in and clear as we go, no prisoners." I said pointing at the map on the table.

"That leaves you with the west wall closest to the barracks and armory. Where all the loot is." Said Thesa indignantly. "Can we get a new GM, this one cheats!" The changeling said with her arms crossed and a pout on her muzzle.

With a sigh Crux shook his head. "Tes none of the rest of us understand this game well enough to call the shots. He does. Either learn the game or deal with it."

"At least you guys don't have to clear the pig sty.." Manta said in reservation.

I just laughed at the three and continued the game of Ogres and Oubliettes. I'd rarely played D&D back on Earth but I knew enough to figure out how this worlds version was played. These three changelings have actually made my stay in the hive pretty fun. These three are basically Changeling versions of some of the element bearers, more specifically Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight. At least personality wise. Manta is shy and quiet just like Fluttershy, but not as cute. Crux is smart, likes to learn, and a total egghead like Twilight. Then there's Thesa. Thesa is.. Well she's different. I'm not the biggest fan of Rainbow Dash's personality, her brash nature annoys me and her boasting is infuriating. Apparently for me there's a fine line between annoying and hot. Tes is brash and like's to boast but she has every right to. She is very calculative, she knows what she can and can't do and is a lot smarted than she lets on. I've learned not to argue when she starts boasting about things she can do because 99% of the time she's not lying or overcompensating. Plus she can be assertive, which is hot.

"You're lusting at me again Graph. My offer still stands!"

"Damn changelings." I muttered.

Author's Note:

Really short I know but this is just to prove that I'm actually trying to pick this back up. It's surprisingly difficult for me to write when I'm actually happy in life, as weird as that is. I just switched to a different position at work so now I'm working 12 hours a day 3-4 days a week so i'll have even more free time with the extra days off. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this small glimpse of the second arc, I'll work on getting more out whenever I can. Peace fellow pones! {T}