• Published 5th Dec 2018
  • 3,201 Views, 207 Comments

Easy Access, the Story of Quill - Graphite Quill



I made a portal to Equestria in my garage, and exploit the hell out of it.

  • ...
21
 207
 3,201

Act. 2 The Forgotten Mare Pt. 4

Author's Note:

Factory work sucks. I've been working basically nonstop for the past few months Mon-Sat because production is so far behind.. This basically gives me one day to do everything I put off throughout the week like laundry, cleaning, dishes, all the normal housework crap that we all have to do when we decide to start adulting. -.- Anyways I'm exhausted and haven't been feeling much like writing these days. I'll be glad when we go back to normal scheduling. Peace fellow pones, this brony is going to take a nap now. {T}

P.S. Covid Sucks!

"You do realize what all comes with this decision right? She's been gone from the world for a long time and there will be repercussions."

When I didn't respond Thorax shrugged and sent a burst of magic into the pod. The terrified mare stared at us as the green substance dissipated around her. Her hooves touched the ground and she stood, tail tucked, fear and confusion etched across her features. I watched as she glanced around expecting her to freak out or run.

"I'll assume you have a basic understanding of the situation, it would be in your best interest to follow me." I said using an amped up version of my calming aura spell. At this level of power it's basically just a mental manipulation spell which even by my standards is wrong on so many levels but I don't have the time to mess around right now. For a moment I thought I saw her eyes glow as she visibly relaxed. Weird.

"Now, how the hell do we get out of here?"

-=-=-=- -=-=-=-

Thorax had never seen a pony like Graphite. As a changeling he was used to infiltrating different societies and absorbing their culture and speech patterns through observation and research. Graphite was a difficult subject to read, his mannerisms, speech, and just his actions in general don't match with any race he'd been around. Something was off about this unicorn, something that just didn't sit right with the changeling. Thorax could tell something was off about the mare, and not because of her recent freedom. She went from terrified to calm immediately after Graphite spoke to her, it reminded him of changeling mind control but without the mindless look of a thrall. She seemed to just not care about anything and was even looking around curiously as they walked. Though she still had not spoken a single word.

Thorax led the two ponies through the tunnels until the texture of the walls changed to that of normal limestone and shale. Continuing on the group began hearing sounds coming from further down the tunnel. "We've caught up with the rest of the escaped ponies it seems. You'd best continue on without me, I doubt the ponies are very fond of my kind even though we just helped them escape." Thorax spoke quietly to Graphite. "Just follow the tunnel out and head north along the canyon wall and eventually you'll run into a road. Take the road north to Dodge Junction, the ponies we left behind there should be able to help you."

Quirking his brow Graphite asked, "The ponies you left behind?"

Sighing quietly to himself Thorax answered. "When the queen abducted ponies from all over Equestria she tried to take about half the population from every city. Dodge Junction already had such a low population that the few that were left behind had to request help from your princesses. I don't know the exact number but we probably left somewhere around twenty ponies."

Silence lingered between the two before a light nudge stirred Graphite from his thoughts. The pegasus mare was nudging his side with her nose as she pointed down the dark corridor towards the group of survivors. Taking this as 'hurry up' Graphite raised a hoof towards Thorax. "Thanks for helping all these ponies escape, and for helping me. If all goes well this should be the last time I see anymore changelings."

Thorax smiled a little as he raised his hoof to grip the unicorns. "Good luck Graphite, and be careful with that magic of yours. Chrysalis isn't the only one that will notice how different you are from the average pony. I don't know what you really are, but you don't have to be a changeling to know when someone is impersonating something they're not." The two shook hooves before heading in opposite directions, the mare following Graphite towards the sounds of the other survivors. For a fraction of a second Thorax thought he felt a connection to the unicorn, it felt familiar, almost like the hive-mind...

-=-=-=- Graphite -=-=-=-

Freaky. The future bug king knows I'm not really a pony, though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Changelings have to be rather intuitive to be able to blend in and I know I've not been acting very pony-like lately. Oh well. I shouldn't have to worry about changelings as much anymore. I know the queen bitch will be looking for me but she won't find me this time. I'll make sure of that. My magic is... Different. It feels like it's stronger but more unpredictable. I was even able to use magic while in the throne room which makes absolutely no sense considering the Darkstone Throne can even disable Discord's magic. Don't get me wrong I already knew I was stupidly overpowered when it came to magic but this is just ridiculous.

I can't really say for sure why I chose to save this mare. Something in my mind just told me that I needed to release her once I saw her looking back at me from the pod. Maybe I'm growing more compassionate in this world? God I hope not. Saving a kid is one thing, but now I'm saving damsels in distress and that's the kind of shit knights in shining armor do. Speaking of kids, I really need to get this shit dealt with so I can get back to mine. I miss Cara and I know she misses me.

I'd been using a light spell to navigate the tunnel but not far in front of us I saw natural fire light. Seeing as there is no wood in this underground tunnel there has to be at least a few semi-talented unicorns in the group to make so much magical fire. I could see hundreds of ponies grouped around the fires for a long distance down the corridor. Just as I started to pick up my pace I came to an abrupt stop as my tail was pulled rather forcibly. Turning back I saw the pegasus mare that I'd set free biting onto my tail in order to stop me.

"What's up?" I asked curious as to why she stopped me.

She let go of my tail and instead reached out with her wing pointing at the survivors camp, then at me before flapping both of her wings.

"I don't understand what you want. Can't you speak?"

The mare rolled her eyes before pointing at my back with a hoof.

It took me a moment to realize she was pointing at my wings. I had gotten so used to their existence that I'd forgotten that I shouldn't have them. Had I of walked into the ponies camp like this they'd immediately think I was a changeling. "Well it's a good thing one of us was thinking ahead, thanks for pointing that out." I said with a tired smile. Disguising my wings with illusion magic we continued towards the camp. We'd not walked very far overall but I was still tired, mainly due to the stressful situation. I'm normally rather lacking when it comes to showing emotions, people think that because of how I act that I'm cold hearted or emotionless. In reality I hate seeing others suffer, and the things I saw under the throne room hit me harder than I'd like to admit. It still amazes me how different Equestria is from what you see in the show.

"Shouldn't you be a little freaked out by me? I mean you just casually pointed out that my WINGS were going to cause us trouble." I spoke quietly voicing my concerns to the mare. "You realize I shouldn't even have wings right?" She just nodded in response then shrugged. "Can you really not speak?" Another shrug. Gods above, conversing with this mare is going to be annoying, I was bad enough at charades when I was still on earth. Now I have to figure out what this pony is trying to tell me through shrugs and pointing.