• Published 27th Oct 2018
  • 983 Views, 22 Comments

Batmare: Filly Scourge of the night - Kaliann25



This is a new era of heroes, the era of the Justilce League. But as a new kind of hero appears, also a new kind of threat.

  • ...
1
 22
 983

Batmare 07

Changes

Canterlot Castle, the night after Joker's defeat:

As much as Princess Celestia was the day, Princess Luna was the night, and Canterlot Castle had been designed to accommodate both. In the lunarium, the Princess of the Night mentally prepared for her court session. She carefully arranged small bouquets of lavender in the vases mounted in the sconces. The flowers added color to the dim lights and gave the room a fresh scent. Once she had the last vase filled, she turned to the two servants who were pulling the flower cart.

"Thank you for bringing the exact flowers that I requested. You may take the remainder of your shifts off tonight. I shall ensure your dreams are pleasant."

With practiced stoicism, the two servants bowed to their princess and closed the doors behind them. Once their hoofbeats faded in the distance, Luna said, "You may come out now, Dark Knight."

A shadow detached itself from the background and floated down through an open skylight, aided by the synthetic spider silk cape that served as an airfoil. In the dim light, the form revealed itself to be Batmare, who landed in front of the princess.

"Walk with me," said Luna. "We have much to discuss."

To Batmare's dismay, her mentor led her to the throne room. This could only mean one thing. The door opened, revealing Princess Celestia standing beside her throne.

As she used her magic to close the doors behind them, Luna said, "Beautiful night, isn't it?"

"Indeed," replied Celestia. "Thank you for coming, Dark Knight."

Batmare shook her head impatiently. “Let me get to the point. I disobeyed you, and I'm sorry I did that. However, Cheese Sandwich would have destroyed my town had I done nothing. I'd rather die protecting those who deserve it than live knowing that I could have saved innocent lives and did nothing."

“We know,” said Celestia. “My sister and I have discussed what happened with Cheese Sandwich, and we agreed that we both owe you an apology.”

“What?” Batmare gasped in utter disbelief.

"What happened last night has forced us to realize that we face a new type of threat that our old ways cannot counter," explained Luna. "The Joker was the second patient to escape the maximum security ward in the psychiatric wing of our hospital. The diversion he created was so compelling that we committed all of our resources to it, leaving Ponyville unprotected. It was your initiative that prevented this from becoming a complete disaster. For that, you have our thanks."

“Thank you,” said Batmare, relieved.

Celestia said, "The intent of our order has not changed. We want you to give your body a chance to heal."

Luna added, "Unless it is an absolute emergency, I want you set aside your crime-fighting activities until I am convinced you have fully recovered."

“That’s exactly what I was planning,” asserted the vigilante.

“Good,” said the princesses in unison.

“Also, did you take care of your friendship problem?” asked Princess Luna.

“Yes, yes I did!” said Batmare proudly. “Also, I had a heart-to-heart with my teacher, Miss Cheerilee. I hope she accepts what it means for me to be Batmare."

“I’m sure she appreciated the gesture.” Luna smiled. “Tia, may I have a talk with my Dark Knight, alone?”

Celestia nodded. “Of course. Now, if you excuse me, I must follow the sun. Good night, Dark Knight, Luna.” With that, the solar princess retired to her chambers.

Teacher and pupil waited until they were sure Celestia was out of earshot. “What can I say?” sighed Batmare. “I’m glad I didn’t ruin everything for once.”

Princess Luna smiled sadly at the little vigilante and embraced her with a wing. “You need to have more confidence in yourself, Dark Knight. I’m sorry if I make you think you are not doing well. I'm hard on you because I know you can be better. I know there is greatness within you, Dark Knight, and I want to make sure you bring it out. I apologize if things seem rough, but you are the first child I have tried to teach, and we're barely starting to know each other."

Diamond Tiara took off her mask, and smiled at Princess Luna.

"I'm grateful for your time. At first, I thought I was all alone. All the other junior heroes had somepony to guide them. Marevel had Dash. Lantern had Twilight. Sweetie Borg had Rarity. Then, you decided to take me under your wing, the only pony who understands why I have to do this. I know I still have a lot to learn."

“And I’m glad you've accepted me as your mentor.”

The tinkle of broken glass caught their attention, followed by the solid thunk of metal striking wood. Batmare raised her mask as she and Luna turned to face the threat. Batmare had a batarang at the ready while Luna charged her horn. They heard a distant voice say, "Come on, come on. Why isn't this thing . . . AAAAAH!"

A whirring sound grew ever closer until the stained glass window depicting Luna raising the moon exploded inward. Luna caught the shards in her magic and gently set them aside. The intruder cursed under her breath as she dangled from the ceiling.

Both Batmare and Princess Luna face-hoofed simultaneously.

The intruder had a gray head and a long, silvery mane that looked as though it had recently been released from a braid. A black domino mask obscured its eyes. A black bodysuit covered the bulk of her body, and a stylized silver bird covered each cutie mark. The silvery tail fluttered as it waved back and forth.

Batmare groaned. "Double-click and then press and hold."

The intruder obeyed, and she then descended at a controlled pace, hanging from a cable.

Exasperated, Batmare said, "So, who are you supposed to be?"

The intruder winked an eye at her and replied, "Have your already forgotten your partner? It's me, Silver Wing!"

Deadpan, Batmare replied, "Is that supposed to be a disguise?"

Anxiously, Silver Wing said, "Don't you want me as your partner?"

Luna said, "That is your decision, Dark Knight."

"Do you have any idea what you're getting into?" asked Batmare.

Silver Wing shook her head. "No. All I know is that I belong at your side. Together, we can take on whatever the world throws at us."

Batmare looked at Luna. The princess replied, "Consider this a test of your judgement."

Batmare looked back at Silver Wing. "Fine. I'll train you. If you survive that, you can decide whether this is what you really want. Don't even think about going around in a costume until I'm sure you're ready. For Luna's sake, we're going to choose you a new name. Something that doesn't give away your identity."

Giddily, Silver Wing said, "Come on! I can't wait?"

Batmare prepared her ascender and led her partner to the empty window frame. "Let's get back to the cave. We'll start as soon as I kill the Doctor."

Luna halted the pair with her magic. “My window, Dark Knight. Who is going to pay for it?”

“Ask Silver. She became my responsibility after she broke it, not before.”

Ponyville schoolhouse, the next morning:

The roles were reversed as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon arrived at school. Diamond Tiara was reasonably rested, but Silver Spoon was bone tired. The latter was not accustomed to late hours, and the training was far more strenuous than anything she had done in her life.

Since the two had arrived early, Cheerilee was the only pony in the room when they entered. The teacher said, "You two are early. Tell me, Diamond Tiara, can we continue the conversation we had at my home?"

Diamond Tiara shrugged. "Sure."

"How did it go with the princesses?" asked the teacher.

"Great! They agreed that I did the right thing."

“So, you’re not leaving Ponyville?” asked Cheerilee.

“No, I’m not!”

Cheerilee sighed as she took a folder from her desk. “It's good to see you in such a good mood. To be honest, I already knew. Princess Luna sent me a letter today, and I was glad to see everything went fine.”

Diamond Tiara noticed something strange with the teacher’s tone. “Is something wrong, Miss Cheerilee?”

The teacher gave Diamond the thick folder. “Diamond Tiara, I need you to give this to your guardian. They need to sign it, and I'll have to meet with them after class.”

“What is it?” asked Diamond Tiara.

Cheerilee shook her head. “You must understand that the wellbeing of my students means everything to me. Both personally and professionally, I have obligations I cannot overlook, like one of my students intentionally endangering herself. I know you cannot stop, Diamond Tiara. The only way I can let you continue is if you are no longer my student."

“She knows?” asked Silver Spoon.

“She knows,” said Diamond Tiara, accepting the folder. “So, I am expelled? Fine, if this is the only option, I accept it.”

“No Diamond, don’t misunderstand me. An expulsion would be a demerit on your permanent record. This is a form certifying that you have special needs due to the trauma you suffered. As such, you need care beyond what I am capable of providing. Your best choice is to hire a tutor who can accommodate your unique circumstances."

Diamond Tiara smiled, and put the documents on her saddlebag. “All right! Thank you, Miss Cheerilee.”

“I wish you the best, Diamond Tiara. And good luck, Batmare.”

“Thank you.”

The pink filly said goodbye to her teacher and to her friend before returning back home.

Miss Cheerilee watched her leave and then turned to Silver Spoon. The gray filly yawned.

“I’m watching you, Silver Spoon. If I see a single bruise on you, you’ll be out of my school that instant, and I’ll talk to your parents. Understood?”

“Understood.”

Ponyville General:

One of the benefits of living in the same small town as Princess Celestia's personal student was that the ruler had taken pains to accommodate her student's maladroit tendencies. A casual visitor would have been surprised to find a completely modern hospital, complete with a trauma center unparalleled in Equestria. Thus, as Applejack and Big Macintosh sat in the doctor's office, they quietly counted their blessings.

Things had started routinely enough. Apple Bloom had been diagnosed with appendicitis, and the operation had been a success. However, there had been a complication, and the filly needed a blood transfusion urgently. The entire town had volunteered to donate, but not even her siblings had a compatible blood type. Her type was a rarity among rarities, showing up perhaps once in a generation in the Pear family tree. Grand Pear had offered a unit of AB-, but nopony else was willing to consider a donor in such frail condition. With Dash unavailable, it had looked like there was no way to find the needed blood in time.

When all hope was gone, the doctor had come to them and told them of a healthy mystery donor, but did not have time to offer details. Faced with a choice between life and death, the siblings had chosen life. Now they had to learn the price they had paid to save their sister.

The doctor walked to them and said, "It looks like she will pull through this time."

Applejack replied, "Thanks, doc. Now, what's this about a mystery donor? I want to shake that pony's hoof."

The siblings tensed when he replied, "I want to have you sit before we continue."

"What's wrong, doc?" asked Big Macintosh.

"You see, the donor is not a pony."

The older Apple siblings exchanged a confused look.

“What y'all mean? I thought only ponies could donate blood to other ponies,” said Applejack.

“There are exceptions,” said the doctor. “Please come on in!”

Thorax, Changeling King, entered to the room, seeming happy. “Oh, hello friend Applejack, and . . . sorry, I forgot your name.”

“Big Mac,” said the red stallion, relieved. “How y'all doin', big fella?”

“Oh, nice! Perfect!” Thorax smiled. “The doctor told me I'd just saved a pony's life with my blood donation. It was your sister, right?”

Applejack smiled. “Thank y'all kindly, Thorax. Ah didn’t know changelings had the same blood types as ponies.”

“Oh, we don’t!” explained Thorax. “But our shapeshifting occurs at molecular level. All I had to do was to change my blood to match Apple Bloom’s, and that was that. She’s going to be okay!”

Big Mac smiled, and hugged the changeling. He exhausted his daily allotment of words to convey his gratitude. “Come over to Sweet Apple Acres any time. Ah’ll ask Granny to bake a pie just for y'all.”

“Oh, it was nothing,” said Thorax, blushing.

“Changeling blood transfusion are becoming more and more common around Equestria,” explained the doctor. “But not all the ponies are willing to accept it. Most of them still believe the rumors of crazy side effects. No matter how much we insist is perfectly safe, they refuse to believe.”

“Well, y'all had nothing to worry about with us.” assured Applejack. “Thorax is a good friend, and we can trust him. And, if y'all say you’ve done this before, we believe y'all.”

The doctor simply shrugged. “Yeah, this is the first time when the donor is no other than the Changeling King, but I don’t think that would make any difference.”

Applejack said, "Look, doc. If it weren't fer Thorax here, we'd be planning li'l Apple Bloom's funeral right now. I'm just glad he was here to help." Looking to the changeling, she asked, "What are y'all doin' here, Thorax?"

“I came to visit Spike, but he’s out, apparently,” explained Thorax. “Oh, well, there will be other days.”

Nurse Redheart came to the room. “Excuse me, she’s awake.”

The two older Apple siblings ran to Apple Bloom’s room to greet their ailing sister.

Apple Bloom was feeling dizzy and disoriented, but she smiled when she saw her brother and sister. “Howdy y'all. Sorry Ah was such a bother.”

Applejack was about to hug her sister when she froze in surprise.

There was something different about Apple Bloom's eyes. They were now bright green.

Author's Note:

So, this is the end of the story. Have any of you have watched Young Justice? There’s the clue of who is Apple Bloom going to become. I hope you liked it, and, maybe I’ll make a new JLE fic soon.

Read ya’ later!!

Comments ( 11 )

nicely done; also:

There was something different about Apple Bloom's eyes. They were now bright green.

wait, does this mean that Apple Bloom is Beast Boy...er, Beast Filly? ...I'm okay with this

So, we are now only missing 'Starfire' and 'Raven' to be able to form the Equestrian Teen Titans.

Beast Filly! So, we have Sipver Spoon as Robin, Sweetie Belle as Cyborg, Apple Bloom as Beast Boy, so we neee a Starfire (who’s an alien), and Raven. Hmmmm.... who knows who’s next. Love this solo fic!

9372055
Wow, an uninspiring childish dickweed coming to comment on something A MONTH OLD. You may now go see your local Catholic priest for mandatory confessional and anal reaming for being a cockwad of idiocy.
(I'm immune to irony-based mirroring, so don't try that.)

9372067
I see that this conversation has devolved into making jokes about Catholic priests huh don't quit your day job you're not a comedian, in fact, it's quite pathetic you never had anyone treat you nicely in life and now you spend the rest of your days on the internet like a troll trolls are worthless their worth less than the dirt on my shoe

josue #6 · Dec 28th, 2018 · · 1 ·

9372067
also, the one who speaks about fucking usually wants to be fucked so do you like men if so you need help

Still waiting on a Supermare.

Considering sweety borg, Night Wing and beast filly are female, the obvious choice is to make pony starfire and pony raven as colts, I mean, most heros are female with the exception of the arrow, so why not?.

9795439
Good but remember that most of the MLP cast is female too. It's hard to find a good male equivallent.

And Green Lantern is male too, remember?

9795615
XD, you could create OCs, dude not all characters can accommodate DC heros stories or chatecters, certainly applebloom don't resemble beast boy, many hoped for her supermare even XD, though I wonder, what is the difference between a pony that can shapeshift, and a changeling that can do, knowing that there is an army of those XD, anyway, you could create two aliens colts from somewhere, unless you already have your plans in this, in that case my comment would be pointless XD.

Another name beast boy goes by is changeling:facehoof:

Login or register to comment