• Published 17th Oct 2018
  • 2,264 Views, 69 Comments

Today We Summon Unity! - Chemtest



Stick Wars. Because there’s a market for everything.

  • ...
5
 69
 2,264

Legacy

Robin leans back, and smiles slightly.

A crown sits upon his head, a modest gold one with no gems nor jewels. His cloak pads the throne he sits on, the twin throne next to it being empty.

A Swordwrath stands before him, looking up at him. Robin nods as he finishes speaking, “The passing of a soldier is something that is tragic, especially one of the Hundred. I’m sorry, but could you remind me how old he was when he was in the army?”

The Swordwrath nods, “Sixty three, King Robin. The magical scans of the pony doctors said he died of a sudden heart attack.”

Robin leans forward, “A heart attack at seventy five? If he’s maintained his form over these thirteen years, than he shouldn’t have just suddenly died like that.” Robin shakes his head, “Forgive me, it’s just so hard to accept one of the Hundred passing so early. Where would you like for him to be buried?”

The man looks down, “Equestria, King Robin. He spent his last few years there, and always remarked on how beautiful it was.”

Robin nods, “Than I’m sure he’ll be happy to spend his Spirit Roam there. I accept your proposition wholly and without condition. The Royal Treasury is at your beckon and heed for the funeral.” A pony walks over to him, and floats a letter up to him. He takes the document, and signs at the bottom. The pony then takes the document back, and floats it over to the man. Robin smiles at him, “Spend as much as you need, we have plenty.”

The man smiles slightly, “Thank you, King Robin, for your generosity.”

Robin nods, “Oh, could you tell me when the funeral is supposed to be? This man saved the lives of many with his service, and I would be remiss to not say goodbye and thanks.”

The man puts the Royal decree away, “Of course I will, King Robin. Thank you.”

Robin smiles, “Have a good day.”

The man walks out of the throne room. Robin’s pony assistant looks at the list, “Oh, that was the last appointment for today. Looks like you are getting off early today, Robin.”

Robin smiles, and stands from his throne. He stretches, and takes his crown off, “Thank you, Starstring. Go ahead and take the day off early as well.”

Starstring shakes his head, “Sorry, Robin, but I have duties to attend to still. An Equestrian magical anomaly to the north, supervising the creation of a new spell by Magikill and Unicorn, so on and so fourth.”

Robin looks over at him, spinning his crown on his finger, “Those can’t wait until tomorrow? You need to take a break sometime, you know.”

Starstring raises an eyebrow, “I have literally half of the year as a break.”

Robin nods, “As advisor, but you’re always doing that archmage stuff.”

Starstring shrugs, “Not my fault that Asta isn’t old enough to properly be an archmage. I mean, do you know how disastrous that might be? Fourteen year olds don’t have the best control of their magic, you know. Especially considering she doesn’t have anything close to a grip on how to use her natural magic. Did you know she is better at being a Magikill than a Changeling?”

Robin throws his crown back onto his throne, “Okay, well, I’m coming with you then.”

Starstring laughs a tiny bit, “No, Robin, you really don’t want to do that. This is magic and all that.”

Robin shrugs, “Hey, I know a bit about magic. I listen to Atreyos when he begins to talk, so a few of his lessons have absorbed into me. You know, thaumatic-“

He is interrupted as the door to the throne room is slammed open. A Celestial Guard pants heavily, and looks up at Robin, “King Robin, Captain Rainbow Dash is in cardiac arrest and has collapsed into a coma!”

Robin twirls to face the guard, “What?!”

The guard shakes his head, “Captain Dash collapsed, we don’t know what brought it on, she didn’t show any of the symptoms a pony should!”

Robin reaches his hand out, a sword and bow instantly floating into it. He throws them on, and throws his crown back on, “We need to get to Celestia, immediately!” He looks to his side, “Starstring, how’s your inter-dimensional teleportation?!”

Starstring opens a portal up in the ground. He looks at Robin, “Come on, Robin, we’ve no time to waste!”

———

A trowel cuts into the soft soil, the slight resistance there simply because of the cold. Dirt is taken out, and pushed to the side.

Dirt then fills the hole, dirt with flowers coming out of it. A mix of Equestrian flowers, such as Discodill and Celestial Drops, along with Inamortan flowers of rose and lavender.

The trowel then smooths the dirt around the flowers, making completely sure that the dirt is even.

A man leans back from the flowers, putting the trowel away.

Atreyos looks at the grave, and the portrait within it. Harry still looks out, with wisdom and knowledge unknown.

A voice calls out from behind him, “Dad?”

Atreyos turns around, “Asta? What are you doing out here? You should be at school.”

Asta looks down, her eyes beginning to develop tears, “The... the Giants are bullying Wind again.”

Atreyos rushes over to her, and hugs her. He moves his fingers through her hair, “Hey, hey, it’s gonna be alright. You know how to take care of those Giants. I can even take care of them myself.”

Asta continues to avoid eye contact, “I know how to stop the Giants, but... I’m not sure I should. Wind... said something.”

Atreyos looks at her eyes, calling hers to his, “What did that pony say? I swear, if he-“

Asta speaks up, “No, nothing like that. He isn’t a bad pony, he just doesn’t think about what he’s saying. He said... how it’s odd for me to not have a mother or grandmother.”

Atreyos shakes his head, “That colt... why do you keep hanging around him? You had a mother, just as I did, we have just never met our mothers. Why does he saying that even bother you? He’s a rebellious little prick, at least he is to me. It’s obvious the only reason he hangs around you is to brag about ‘getting with’ the Princess and last Green.”

Asta looks away, “Dad, seriously, he isn’t like that. That whole rebel is an attitude he uses around you because he thinks you’ll be impressed. You know that ponies have over exaggerated stereotypes of you and any other nation. He thinks that you are like who you were back when you first arrived in Equestria. Insults, not listening, all that.”

Atreyos sighs, “Thirteen years. These ponies are really bad at keeping up to date stereotypes.”

Asta shakes her head, “Anyway. I know where Chrysalis is, and who she is. I know who Grandpa Harry is, and where he is. But... who’s Grandma?”

Atreyos glances back at the portrait, and shakes his head, “I don’t know... I just... don’t know.”

Harry’s eyes look forward, wisdom and knowledge unknown.

Wisdom and knowledge... hidden.

Comments ( 6 )

Sequel?? Will it happen?

9892177
Yes, it will. Following the new adventures of the Inamortans and Equestrians after thirteen years.

Ah, so I wasnt the only one! Cool.

I love it. Explains Legacy perfectly. Beautifully writen, and great in every aspect.

10209139
Thanks for reading and the quite high praise.

10209265
You are most welcome, and thank you for writing it.

Login or register to comment