• Published 17th Oct 2018
  • 2,244 Views, 69 Comments

Today We Summon Unity! - Chemtest



Stick Wars. Because there’s a market for everything.

  • ...
5
 69
 2,244

Proxie

I take a swig of water, enjoying it's cool taste. Then, I hear the sound of a door opening, and a voice saying, "All right, Atreyos, here I am."

I look over to see Twilight, glaring right at me, "Oh, how good of you to pop in as yourself. So, you are angry at me, why?"

She shakes her head, "I'm not angry at you, exactly. I'm angry at your uprising. I had a conversation with Harry, and learned of your race's headstrong and aggressive attitude. So, I am going to try my best to show you the magic of friendship!"

I shake my head, "Yeah, no. You say Harry told you this?" I walk to the door, "I'm going to remind him to stay his mouth when it comes to me."

She says one last thing before I walk out, "Why are you always mad at Harry? Why do you two always but heads?"

I look back at her, "None of your business. If you want to learn, then stop trying to force your peace down my throat. Have a good night."

I walk out into the new night sky, the moon shining bright upon me. I jog down the streets towards our new encampment. I quickly reach it, and seek out the light filled tent of Harry. I open the flap, letting some cold air in that shakes the candle's flame, "Let me advise you something. If people want to find out more about me, they should ask me. So, please don't tell any others that."

Harry looks up from his book, "If that's what you wish. Goodnight, Atreyos."

I nod, "Goodnight, Harry."

I walk through the encampment to my tent, and quickly fall asleep within.

-- -- -- --

I look around myself. I'm back in training. My practice spear and shield in hand, as I hear another approach me, "Oh, lookie here! Atreyos thinks he can become a real Spearton like the rest of us!"

I turn to face the taunter, another recruit, "Shut up, Brutus. As if I care about your pathetic little taunts."

Brutus laughs more, "Oh no! You gonna use fancy language at me! Oh Spear slay me now, I'm quivering in my boots! Why don't you go rushing back to your father, you dirty hybrid!"

I point my wooden spear at him, "Why don't you back up your threats? Or maybe you're to scared?"

Oh shit, I remember this fight. I got my ass kicked ten ways to sunday. This is not gonna be fun.

Then, a blue light cuts across my vision, and through Brutus. He dissipates into mist, and that mist reforms in the form of a tall pony. I wait until they have properly phased into being to speak to them, "Who are you?"

The blue alicorn, Luna, speaks back, "I am Luna, Atreyos. I have heard about you already, Twilight's letters are quite entertaining to read. It is a pleasure to meet you."

I nod back, "And a pleasure to meet you too. Even if I don't like the atrocities you committed."

She looks down, “Are you talking about our time as the Nightmare?”

I nod, “It was sad for such a great warrior to fall so terribly. I sympathize with you through most of history, even in your fall. But I can not sympathize for the things you did.”

She looks up, “You sympathize with me? As if you have any idea.”

I nod, “I know what you went through better than most. To be hated by so many, and loved by so few. Just as with you, the only person who loves me, I hate. The worst part is that I don’t even hate him as a person, but for what he is.”

She looks me right in the eye, “You think you know what we went through?! To look upon our people and see nothing but hate!? To look at yourself and think you a monster!? To treat your family like hostile invaders!? What would you do!? What would you do, Atreyos, if you had to see the dreams of those who don’t believe in you!? You don’t!”

I look her right back, “I do. Every time I look upon my Speartons, I see hate! I see their dreams in their eyes, crushed as they gaze upon me in despair! But I still push forward, hoping they will accept me one day! To see them change would be my only hope. To know they look at me as a man, not as a hybrid. I am hated for no good reason other than who my father just so happened to be. You had some control, you had a life after your birth. But I have none, and I am just trapped between two extremes. Angry, or calm, headstrong, or smart. I don’t deserve to be his son, he’s too good a man. But he had me, and somehow he finds pride in me. So, I sit and hope my people will learn to accept him.”

She absorbs my rant, “And your father, where is he?”

I slightly smile, “He’s with me every step I take. Ever since my mother’s death, he was there to teach me and lead me. My first steps, first words, first kill. Always there, even if the people he’s surrounded by hate him for having me. Even when one of those people is me. He is a beautiful person, could be my best friend. But because of what he is, I pretend to hate him.”

She’s about to speak again, but the realm we’re in melts away, “Oh, you’re waking up.”

I faintly hear something, crying out from all around us, yet faint, “Harry’s gone!”

———

I wake up immediately, and rush out of my tent to Harry’s. A Swordwrath stand outside, with the tent flap open. I push past him, and look in. The Swordwrath speaks, “He’s gone, and signs of a struggle are evident. Look in the middle of the tent.”

I look, and find a black, insect like pony. A scorched part of the tent and it’s knocked out state speaks of Harry useing his stun spell. My ears start ringing as I turn to the Swordwrath, “Get me my tools, and get everyone to gear up.”

I hear something that sounds like yes, but I can’t hear it over the ringing. I move to the black pony as it wakes up.

I pick it up, choaking it, and look it in it’s blue eyes, “You have made a terrible mistake. Better prepare to start talking. I will find Harry, one way or another, and you are going to have a bad time.”