• Published 17th Oct 2018
  • 2,244 Views, 69 Comments

Today We Summon Unity! - Chemtest



Stick Wars. Because there’s a market for everything.

  • ...
5
 69
 2,244

Companions

The army marches into their Ponyville camp, taking shelter for the approaching night. Atreyos, Harry, Joseph and Robin all set off for the town. They all head for different targets within.

Atreyos walks into the town square, and he looks up into the sky, “Rainbow Dash!”

His shout can be heard by her, and she comes flying down into the square, “Atreyos? Weren't you guys just in Canterlot yesterday?”

Atreyos nods, “Yes, we were. But circumstances have changed. I... I need a warrior, and a scout.”

Rainbow looks down at him from her cloud, “Really? You are asking me to help you? Why the heck do you think I would help you after what you did to that changeling!?”

Atreyos looks down, “Because... because the lives of everyone may very well depend on it. The changeling allowed me to find a plan, and a very old weapon.”

Rainbow scoffs, “Oh boy, what? The changeling’s gonna come at us with clubs?”

Atreyos shakes his head, “Something far worse. The weapon that destroyed my world.”

Rainbow locks on to him, “Dude, you’re serious?”

Atreyos nods, “I do not make a habit of lying, Rainbow Dash.”

She shakes her head, “And why get me? I’m sure that contacting the Princess is probably a better option.”

Atreyos looks up at her, “I meant what I said to you before. I respect you, you protect others. You have the balls to actually do something.”

Rainbow flies down to his level, “What I saw... you can’t expect me to forget it.”

Atreyos shakes his head, “No, I do not. You are a peace loving civilian who has never seen any actual violence. I’m sure that torture will probably be stuck in your head for the rest of your life. But it needed to be done.” He puts a hand on her shoulder, “I expect you to move on anyway, one warrior to another.”

She looks at his hand, now having left it’s grasp on his sword. She smiles, “Sure, I can help you. So, what kinda threat we talking here?”

Atreyos smiles, “I have no idea.”

———

Robin knocks on the door to Rarity’s house, three times for politeness. She opens the door, and smiles, “Oh, Robin, I wasn’t expecting you!” She motions in, “Come on in, I assume you are here for an important business?”

Robin follows after her, and nods, “I would not have arrived to your elegant estate if I did not have important business. I did enjoy our chats before, but I fear this one will have more impact behind it, my lady.”

Rairty puts out a cup, and pours some tea into it, “Well, go ahead and say it. Perhaps you could sway me over with your gentlemanly charm.”

He nods, and gratefully takes the cup, “Thank you, Lady Rarity. It is just that the last time I saw you, I couldn’t help but notice your elegance and grace. In fact, I would say your own is nearly equal to mine, and that is quite a feat.”

Rarity takes a sip, “Oh, you are such a charmer. I saw you do those arrow tricks for the foals, and that definitely took a lot of grace. I could see it in your form, every muscle used optimally, yet not losing their grace.”

Robin smiles, “An eye for detail, such could describe your own, Lady Rarity. But, beyond that, I would think that if anyone could launch a projectile like me, it would be you.”

Rairty smiles, “Oh, I’m hardly some sort of archer.”

Robin nods, “That may have a lick of truth in it, but I wasn’t talking about just archery. Your diamonds, and gems that you control so perfectly is what I’m talking about.”

Rairty takes another sip, “Well, as much as I enjoy this chat, might I ask what this has to do with your important matter?”

Robin smiles, taking his own sip, “Well, Lady Rarity, I need an archer. One I could add to the ranks of the Archidon with confidence. And, my Lady, I could think of none more deserving than you.”

Rairty sets her cup down, “So, that’s what this is about? You want me to join your band of archers?”

He nods, “Yes. We are going up against an enemy that is very powerful, and we need someone that can match me. The other three Kings are all fine, but even Joseph couldn’t beat me. But you? My Lady Rarity, I think we might just stand a chance with you beside us.”

Rairty smiles, “Well, you are such a gentleman, and it is such a good offer. Well, I suppose I could join you, especially if you are going against one so powerful. But how about we drink the rest of our tea first?”

Robin smiles, and takes a sip, “How about I show Sweetie Belle some more tricks as well?”

———

Applejack kicks one of her trees, trying to get what she saw the day before off her mind. She starts to kick harder and harder, until she accidentally kicks down an entire tree.

She is stopped when she hears a voice, “You are very strong, Miss Applejack.”

She looks over to see Joseph leaning against a tree, “Yeah, I know, I just kicked down an entire tree!”

Joseph smiles, “Well, physically as well, I suppose. I was talking about your mental strength. I imagine most ponies would be a lot worse off if they saw what Atreyos did. But you seem to be taking it surprisingly well. Strength is good.”

Applejack stops, and walks over to him, “Why are you here, Joseph?”

He nods, “Because the world is at threat and I need someone strong by my side.”

Applejack sighs, “Don’t ya’ll already have enough strength?”

He shakes his head, “Not for this enemy. I ask that you join us so that we can save the world.”

Applejack looks at him, “Is this threat also one to my family?”

He nods, “It is.”

She sighs once more, “Count me in, then.”

———

Harry enters into the library, seeing Spike and Twilight. He smiles, “Hello there, Twilight.”

She looks over at him, and smiles, “So they rescued you? Good, I was afraid Atreyos wouldn’t have anyone to stop him. Why are you here?”

He nods, “Well, to be honest, I need someone to track down some magic.”

He places an item on the table, which Twilight instantly scans. Her eyes widen, “Dark magic. Very dark magic. Give me an hour, please.”