• Published 26th Jul 2012
  • 2,699 Views, 35 Comments

My Little Anthro: Shadowing Harmony! - Evident Disaster



Nightmare's remains have rekindled and seek vengeance, Harmony beware, its punishment time!

  • ...
6
 35
 2,699
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 7 )

great chapter but i have a question is twilight going to be the only wife of Nightmare Moon because i like that pairing :twilightsmile:

1072694 That was a dream but possible i'm kind of hoping for you guys to alter the story as it goes.:raritywink:

hmm have it go four way twi, luna, nmm, and celestia is that ok?:trixieshiftright: then have trixie just dropped out i just hope she gets the short end of the stick if she's mean. as for nmm give her the best. maybe capture and turn twi first. give em a power boost.

corrupt fluttershy

Well, you could always go for the more obvious targets: Prime candidates for the Council of Evil are usually Gilda, Queen Chrysalis, Blueblood, Diamond Tiara and the Flim Flam brothers (though the two are complicated due to being basically one character composed of two people). None of them live directly in Ponyville, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem for a being of Nightmare Moon's caliber.

Gilda's often understood to be interested in Rainbow Dash as more than a friend, and considering her jealous fits it's easy to see why. She has a wholy unapologetic attitude and at least somewhat of a devious streak, but doesn't seem clever enough not to be easily manipulated. Since she cares little beyond immediate gratification and is willing to get her talons dirty, she should make an ideal follower. She's also one of the few flyers who should be able to match up to Rainbow Dash outside of the Wonderbolts (which can't be said about Trixie and Twilight)

Chrysalis needs little explanation. There are, however, downsides to recruiting her: Unlike Gilda above, the Changeling Queen's probably difficult to satisfy, seeing as how her last plot was supposed to give her control over all of Equestria. In that regard, she and Nightmare Moon are too much alike; she'd probably resent a minion role, no matter how powerful her new master is. On the other hand, perhaps Nightmare Moon'd enjoy pressing Chrysalis into her service and laugh at the latter's impotent rage at being forced to help somepony else snatch her dream away from her.

Blueblood'd most often chosen because of his deplorable behaviour during the Gala; people reasoning that somepony that rude's probably ready to do any number of other villainies. Being a handsome prince, and related to Celestia herself, it might be a challenge to construct a motive for his betrayal of what is, after all, his family. Perhaps he desires revenge against Rarity for humiliating him at the Gala- but the two seemed fairly amicable during the latter's brief popularity soar in Canterlot; so, it might not be revenge that turns him against his aunt. Perhaps he decided he wanted Rarity to be his after all, but she declined, and the jilted prince looks for another way to get what he desires. For a slightly different twist, it might not've been Rarity that caught his eye, but rather the rural beauty they met at the Gala (and whose fritters he spat out again).

Trixie herself should be able to recruit Snips and Snails easily enough. Those two were already behaving like her minions last time she was in town, but they offer very little in direct power or influence (they're kids, after all). However, they might open up additional ways for Nightmare to get at the Element Bearers. They're friends with the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Spike both- it would be easy for the boys to lure them into a trap, should Nightmare wish for hostages. Also, they might have unrequited crushes on any of the Crusaders; another reason to fall in with Trixie, if she offers them a chance to simply claim their loves. Of course, they suffer a lot from being comic relief. It's just more difficult to take them seriously than the characters above.

Devious children always leads us to Diamond Tiara. whereas Gilda's quick to lash out physically, Diamond delights in emotional pain. She should be easy to win over if offered the chance to humiliate and hurt Applebloom. She only seems to have a single friend as well; should her connection with Silver Spoon be cut, she might very well spiral into ever more cruel plots to get at the blank flanks (inexorably driving her deeper once they all fail one after one as they have in the show). She has an exploitable weakness, since she seems to lover her father dearly; and if his name is any indication, they have lots and lots of money to throw around and buy whatever influence Nightmare Moon needs.

Just a few ideas to throw out there; I hope they can be of some help to you.

This is a great concept, and you've done pretty well with it. One thing that I can't figure out is if the characters are human or equine; in the first chapter you reference hands, women, and mares.

Comment posted by The Crestfallen Soul deleted Jul 23rd, 2013
Login or register to comment