• Published 16th Feb 2018
  • 5,813 Views, 181 Comments

Spike's First Date - GhoulDash97



Due to unforeseen circumstances surrounding Spike, he has to date Ember. But he learns that there is more to her than she is letting on.

  • ...
33
 181
 5,813
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 25 )

I did tell you of a dragon and griffin couple life?

It is a excellent story:moustache:

Cheers Ghoul~

Ember gave him a strange look and asked,

"Are you asking if we can have sex?"

Spike felt flustered and said,

"W-Well, I-I'm not saying we have to. It's-"

"I'm kidding, Spike...

Yeah sex is cool, but have you ever went to Kroger to buy some meat for 6 bucks and it shows up the wrong price, and they honor their Make-It-Right policy guarantee to make it like 2 bucks?

Fucking orgasm.

I look forward to a sequel. But so ends the first date.

8786747
Can't wait to hear your full review. Btw, thanks for the watch.

This is the finale!?

There's so much more potential to just end here! I demand the sequel asap... but not right now. Take care your time Ghoul & excellent job on the story. I'm not a big fan of Spike & Ember but this was a great way to get me to like the pairing of them. :twilightsmile:

Maybe a little short, but otherwise a okay story.

"Ah. Well, we better get to practice before the couch gets angry."

I didn't know that couches could get angry

Overall review: An interesting setup, Spike being coerced into a date with Ember (while the term blackmail is used in the story, Ember doesn't have something on Spike that if he doesn't go on the date she will expose, but that's a quibble of legal terminologies). There is the obligatory and downright frightening 'Father of the girl' intimation scene of Torch laying down the law to Spike, not that Spike needed it, (this is Ember he is on a date with). Personally, I'd rather have seen a 'Mother of the boy' assessment if the date was a 'good girl', but that's a personal thing (maybe in the sequel). The date follows a more or less inexpensive high school date, with Ember electing to pay at least half for their pizza. The date took a temporary side-step when Ember and Spike are at the arcade and Ember squares off at one of the games against Rainbow Dash. (while I don't agree with the stakes of the bet, I have no issues with Ember besting RD). The date progressed to a 'lovers' cliff at twilight' scene where Ember lights a joint and there is a spatter. Spike is convinced to hear Ember out which he does. Ember reveals that deep down a lot of her dominating and her demeanor comes from not having a healthy emotional relationship with her father and an inferable lack of a maternal figure in her life. The two shortly have their 'first-time' ever with each other. While Ember comes off as abusive, as the next day reveals, she confesses that she's a troubled young woman. Spike, however, accepts Ember as she is but it's inferable that he would be there to help her heal, whether or not he'd be the one to 'fix' her. Of course, Spike does benefit, as he's currently (a freshman and likely a runt) Ember (captain of the female wrestling team) is his best defense against his main bully (Garble) All in all, a story worth reading, favoriting and following the author. While there were points that had me concern for Spike, I feel that should the author write a sequel things will be closer to equal between the two (I don't want a full powershift from Ember to Spike, just a balancing between the two).
Like a rollercoaster, there were parts that shocked me, but all in all, I enjoyed it.:pinkiehappy:

The only complaint I have. It was short which is still ok with me. I loved this story and I hope to see more of Spike and Ember.

Wonderful chapter! Despite my earlier reservations I enjoyed the direction this went, and once you get to the end it you'll appreciate the journey there. The character development was great, with Spike and Ember maturing as individuals and as a couple. Here's to hoping for a sequel!

Thank you for the awesome story!

Comment posted by LeatherPancakes deleted Mar 12th, 2018

Overall, despite some gripes, I really enjoyed this story. It had some sweet moments, the cloo was good, and I grid enjoy the direction it went. I'm sad it ended so quickly, but I'm holding out hope for a sequel.

I enjoyed this overall, despite some issues with how things were portrayed ect it was a good read overall.

I'll see you on the other side.
I cant help but think of a song i heard by DJ Pon3...

Eh, wasn't the best with writing that I've seen, but it's definitely good. The sex could've been written better and extended, but I'm thinking that wasn't the main reason for this story coming to life.

Any chance for a sequel?

8818795
I do have plans, but they're on hold because I'm working on another story along with some other sex stories until I have the proper material.

I wonder if Ember should really share some of her issues with Celestia, she's caring and understanding enough I think. If this ever gets a sequel, interactions between those two would be nice to see.

Also, why do I feel like Celestia was spying on them the whole time?

Where'd you get the cover art?

8744363
True but a still way to excessive

All in all, I had a good time reading this story. It’s very charming, I think the concept is very interesting and I’m a sucker for strong women lol. There are just a lot of little issues with the story that keep it from reaching full potential. Mostly with the pacing. Things just kinda progress between the two a little too fast.

Like at the pizza shop, right at the start they are already seemingly comfortable talking. With her tough exterior, I think it would take a bit longer to get a good conversation going. It’s mentioned at the beginning of the chapter but we never SEE it. That awkwardness could be really enjoyable to read. If I was writing the story, I would have given it a little time to stew. The two awkwardly trying to find a common interest for a good while before finally landing on video games.

Then there’s smaller issues like ember immediately opening up to spike about her issues and Spikes over reaction to the Weed. I feel like ember wouldn’t really want to talk about her problems so easily. especially on a first date. I’d have saved that for a sequel. Spikes reaction to the weed is way strong, but I’m not sure if that’s a writing flaw or a flaw in spikes character. I could see him being sheltered and becoming cool with it after ember shows him. Either way, his reaction is a bit out of left field.

Further detail on why she likes Spike would be cool. yea, she likes guys weaker than her but I think it would be Interesting to see what exactly about spikes personality she liked before asking him out.

In a perfect world, I’d love to see you go and add more detail and flesh out each chapter more. Maybe boost the word count up to 3K or 4k per chapter? In the end, I had fun with this story and I’m interested to check out your other works.

Login or register to comment