• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 46,365 Views, 961 Comments

You Brighten My Day - JaydexTheShadowKnight



A harsh truth leads Celestia to Earth, there she meets a human who will change her life forever.

Comments ( 31 )

I actually completely forgot about this story. Its' good to see it coming back. For how long i can't say but it's good nonetheless.

In you description...

A strong yen to get away from Equestria,

Did you mean yearning?

He does have a valid worry. Suppose ponies do react badly to him? The power-scheming nobles will be up in arms to say the least, seeing some weird alien has won Celestia's heart. Luna will be wary of him as most siblings tend to be. And the means of his travel to Equestria will eventually be discovered leading to more ponies (or other creatures) wandering to Earth for better or worse...

7586200
Nope, "yen" is the word I wanted to use. The second form of "yen" is defined as a desire, craving or a yearning.

7586207
That's pretty much the feeling he got from the dream. We'll just have to see how things play out.

7586138
Glad to hear it!

7586040
I'm confident that future updates won't take nearly as long as this one did.

Hey buddy! Glad to have beta read this chapter for you!

Lovely work, and i now can't wait for #10!

OH! finally, would Daniel will visit Equestria and meet David?

Also, king Daniel, that certainly will be something

OMG! So good! Just what I expected no....more!!! I cried tears of joy from reading the love scene :3 OMG Jaydex!you really outdid yourself!!! I can't wait to see where this goes! Im certainly happy ^~^ pm me like we normally do so can share some thoughts,

And yet, I still have yet to come across a story that explores how much it would cost to keep a horse-sized alicorn like Celestia fed. Especially if you follow the headcannon that magic is fueled by a pony's caloric intake and storage. It would go far to explain why Pinkie Pie's BMI doesn't waver drastically, in spite of eating sweet treats in the quantity that she's capable of.

Jaydex back at it again!
NOW with conflict!

Just what the doctor ordered. Bravo.

Glad as I am to see this again after so long, I'm not altogether sure that the lovemaking scene was so necessary. It's not really complaining as much as expressing confusion, honestly, but it feels like it's more than what a day trip to some waterfalls was going to be. :applejackunsure::rainbowderp::unsuresweetie:

Then again it's still as fun and cute as it's been since the beginning, so all is good! :pinkiehappy::twilightsmile::scootangel:

Holy shit praise be IT'S BACK!:rainbowkiss:

Nice chapter, but I found a minor thing you may want to edit.

Daniel sighed, placing his arm around her. “But, why don’t we sit her for a few more minutes, and enjoy the falls for just a little longer.”

That should probably be "here".

7606228
Fixed it! Thank you so much for letting me know about that. It's appreciated! :twilightsmile:

Question: When are they going to Equestria? If... you don't mind me asking. :fluttershysad:

Oooh I hope it updates soon.

7713069
If you're getting a new cavity from reading it, imagine how many times I have to brush my teeth each day to avoid getting any? :twilightsheepish: Glad you're enjoying it so far.

7726591
The next chapter is in the works. :twilightsmile:

7734665
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. :yay:

7708380
No, I don't mind you asking. They will be getting there soon. :raritywink: I don't see their time on Earth lasting more than 3 or 4 chapters max. Mainly due to the plot development from the end of chapter 9.

7739752
Awesomesause

8112505
Yes, there will be more. Sadly, I still need to start chapter 10. I lost a lot of ground after my dad passed away in end of December. :pinkiesad2: But I have started writing again, so Celestia's story will be getting a new chapter. :yay:

I understand new stuff, but please. . . . . . FINISH THIS STORY.

8260644
Chapter 10 has been started. Aside from the new stuff, I was taking time to look over my notes for the last few chapters. I've decided to make a few adjusts that will still make for a strong ending to this story and take it to where the majority of you are hoping it will go.

It's nice to see that some of the authors who's stories I have been reading since I first signed up with this site back in 2012 are still doing things. It very much does actually "brighten my day" when I see a new chapter of this. I love the story bud.

Will you be updating the story soon?

Man I'd totally forgotten about this story. Sure it's no epic or anything, but as far as I'm concerned there's nothing wrong with a sweet, endearing slice-of-life romance. And you do them very well!

I am giving the percentage of likes in this story.

( 1614Likes ÷ (1614Likes + 137Dislikes) ) × 100=
92.17 ish% of people pressed the like button to this story.

So it's an A in terms of using the like percentage.

"But updates should be a lot sooner"
Never updated again

Login or register to comment