• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 2,127 Views, 51 Comments

Legends of Everfree: Friendship Makes Magic - ImNoPony



A camping trip in an alternate continuity that takes our heroines to the Everfree, a place where strange things happen and reason fails to meet reality.

  • ...
3
 51
 2,127

Bonus Chapter 2: Date of Misery

"They Said WHAT!!" Sweetie Belle yelled in gasping surprise.

It was the afternoon and school was already over. As they were walking down the sidewalk towards their homes, Scootaloo had just finished telling her friends: Sweetie Belle and Applebloom, what happened and they were surely surprised.

"That what they said" Scootaloo reiterated. "Now I got the Dazzlings wanting to perform at my party!"

Worried & Concerned, Applebloom asks: "And... did you let them?"

Even before she replied, the dower and sad expression on Scootaloo's face said it all. "Well... it all happened so quickly and so intensely that I couldn't say anything else."

"Wow. What rotten luck" Sweetie Belle commented.

Both Sweetie Belle and Applebloom feel absolutely sorry for their close friend and irritation towards the Dazzlings. While they aren't usually unforgiving, they don't have many kind words for the Dazzlings. Leaving what they did at the Battle of the Bands aside, they always seem to annoy everybody with their haughty attitudes and do shallow attempts to please people. They can sense that they're trying but they are also self-defeating.

Then, as they were reaching the apartment area of town and feeling too worried for Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle quickly proclaims: "You know what!? I think me and Applebloom should go to your party to make sure everything is alright?"

"Yeah!" Applebloom agreed.

However, Scootaloo was less than enthused to her friend's Enthusiasm. "What! No!" she tells to them. "Diamond Tiara was sad when I told her that I can't come to her party. If you two don't go, who knows how upset she'll be?"

Sweetie Belle and Applebloom were slightly miffed but she does have a point. All three of them had become close to DT and sort of acted as her moral compass. To (willingly) invite them to her party was an event that none of them had ever expected. But if they don't go to her party, especially if it because of the Dazzlings, they fear that Diamond Tiara might regress back towards her bullying days.

But despite knowing all of that, Applebloom says asks her: "But Scootaloo, what are you gonna do about the Dazzlings?"

"Hmm... I'm sure I'll figure something out" she replied.

But then, as Scootaloo had made her shakey claim, all three girls notice something in front of them. In front of the apartment building where Scootaloo live was three, brightly colored girls, waiting impatiently by the doorstep. And to the CMC shock, horror, and dismay, it was Adagio, Sonata, and Aria.

"WHAT!!" Sweetie Belle gasped. "They're Already Here!?"

"How did they know your address!?" Applebloom wondered aloud. Scootaloo didn't reply but she did make a rather regretful moan.

Both Sweetie Belle and Applebloom looked at Scootaloo wondered what she's gonna do. Scootaloo could barely withstand embarrassment, confusion, and general shyness that were raging inside of her. At her wit's end, she could only make a sorrowful expression towards her friends.

"Do... you want us to come and support you?" Applebloom inquire.

"That would be much appreciated" Scootaloo gratefully replies.

After exhaling a massive sigh, the CMC began walking towards the Dazzlings... and begrudgingly, let them inside the building. And as they were making their approach, the Dazzlings, in turn, notice them and felt relief that their boredom has ended.


Moments later, both Scootaloo's friends and the Dazzlings were inside Scootaloo's home. Scootaloo lives in a rather lucky 2-floor apartment unit that has all the elements for a comfortable living. It's nothing luxurious and the rent leaves a hefty punch to your wallet, but it's still cheaper than other units of its grade and the occupants are happy with it.

The same can't be said for the guests however as they all are gathered in the living room in awkward silence. Both Adagio and Aria want to get down to business and discuss things with Scootaloo... but Sonata was on a food skirmish in the kitchen and have to wait until she gets back. In the meantime, everyone else waited in the tension-filled room and do menial things to pass the time.

Scootaloo, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle was watching the other two Dazzling's carefully by the windowsill and try to predict what their true goal is. Adagio, who notice them staring at her, didn't think much of it as she sits omniously (and impatiently) in an armchair for her subordinate to get back. Meanwhile, Aria, the least tense person in the room, was actually exploring it and seeing what she can find. They don't often see the inside of other people's houses so she was a bit curious. Aria found a few shelves filled with books, a few decorative statues, a lucky penny that she managed to pinched, a few photos sitting on a fake fireplace. When Aria took a closer look at the photos, she saw one with Scootaloo and her friends, one with Scootaloo but this time with Rainbow Dash, and another with Scootaloo but with two older women. Said women are actually in the kitchen and dealing with Sonata. However, while looking at the last photo with the women, one question suddenly sprang in Aria's mind.

But before she could have much time to think about it, Sonata returned from the kitchen with her arms full of cookies. "Thank you very much, ma'am!" said Sonata back into the kitchen after gobbling a cookie.

"You're welcome dear!" a feminine voice says back. "Take a much as you like."

"Well, since you asked..."

But before she could go back in, Adagio angrily calls out "SONATA!" that cause her to stop. Sonata was upset but she can tell that she has enough.

After sitting down on the arm of the armchair that Adagio was sitting on, Sonata quickly eats another cookie and says to Scootaloo: "Scootaloo, those two ladies that are in your kitchen are Amazing!"

"Um... thanks?" Scootaloo replies and feeling chuffed about it.

But then, after wiping the crumbs off of her face (and then eating them), Sonata then asks curiously: "However, I can't tell which one is your mum? Can you tell me?" Ironically, that's the question that Aria wanted to ask.

Both Sweetie and Applebloom suddenly have "surprise" on both of their faces who then look towards Scootaloo. Scootaloo was looking down and has a somber expression (to say the least). But after putting on a strong and happy face, Scootaloo then tells the Dazzling: "Neither of them. I live with my aunt and her girlfriend and they have been taking care of me since I was little."

All the Dazzlings became surprised and speechless. Even Adagio was a little bit unsettled. Regretfull, Sonata quickly says: "Oh! Sorry for asking."

However, Scootaloo reassures them by saying: "That alright. Aunt Holiday and Lofty are really nice people and you couldn't find better people to look after me." Not only did Sonata became less sad, she was also slightly moved. Even Applebloom and Sweetie Belle were impressed.

But then, as everybody was savoring the tender moment, Adagio ruined it by calling out to everyone: "Yeah, Yeah, Alright! Now let's get down to business."

Following what Adagio had said and acted in a professional manner, Aria went up to Scootaloo and asks her: "Ok, before we show you our Incredibly Short song list (quickly glare at Adagio), is there any songs that you want us to sing at your party?"

Scootaloo was a little bit nervous and hesitant. However, she calmly and honestly replies: "Well, I wasn't expecting anything much aside from the "happy birthday" song."

""Happy Birthday" song?" Aria remarked.

The CMC quickly notice confused expressions on all of the Dazzling's faces. It was as if they never heard of it before. Seeing that they need a quick lesson, Sweetie explains/sings to them: "Yeah, you know? "♪Happy Birthday To You! ♪Happy Birthday To You! ♪Happy Birthday, Scootaloo! ♪Happy Birthday To You!""

The Dazzlings were both amazed and perplexed. They had never heard such a simple song before and it utterly baffles them. "Uh, no. We aren't doing that" Adagio bluntly states.

But then Sonata commented: "I don't know? It does have a nice jingle."

"But it has, like... Two Lyrics!" Aria says back to Sonata.

"I'm sorry" Scootaloo apologized. "I'm not that into music."

However, Applebloom then tells her: "Don't be, Scootaloo. It's these lot that is forcing you to choose."

Overhearing and offended, Adagio says: "What was that you little blank flank!?"

As the tension has been reignited, Sweetie Belle explains: "You heard her. You're the ones who force your way into Scootaloo's party, all because Diamond Tiara turned you down."

Everyone, Sonata and Aria included, had expected Adagio to lose her temper and go all out on them. However, Adagio took a deep breath and controlled herself. She then put on a forced smile and says to the CMC: "What! No. What gave you that idea? We just heard that it was somebody's birthday coming up. And to show everyone that we had changed, I thought we would volunteer lend our voices for the occasion."

Applebloom and Sweetie Belle was still skeptical. That did sound like a convincing excuse, but there was one thing that still caught their ears.

"What did ya mean by "everyone"?" Applebloom asked precariously.

"Well... everyone from the school, of course" Adagio answered.

Applebloom and Sweetie Belle quickly looked towards Scootaloo and all three had puzzled expressions on their faces. Scootaloo then reveals to the Dazzlings: "Um, my party will be a family only event."

"WHAT!!" Adagio, Aria, and Sonata cried.

After spotting an angry glare from Aria, Adagio hurriedly says: "But, uh, aren't you going to invite your classmates and stuff?"

"Well I would like to, but-"

"But!"

"-But everybody else is already going to Diamond Tiara's party. She invited the entire class."

Adagio was shocked, but soon began feeling shame and regret. Aria on the other hand was openly upset and yells to her leader: "Way-To-Go, Adagio! Not only are we performing at a little kid's party, but we aren't going to get any positive attention out of it!"

"Hey, How Was I Suppose To Know That She was A Dud!" Adagio yells back.

Both girls then had a quick stare down. But after a moment Aria wave up her hands and angrily exclaims: "Whatever. It's not like aren't rock bottom or anything."

But as Aria goes back to her corner and angrily brood, Adagio also has her own moment of emotion. Her hands press against her head as she wonders how she got her group into this mess and the general shame and embarrassment that came from it. Meanwhile, Sonata just stood away from her two "sisters", trying not to get involved and much on her cookie.

But as the Dazzlings was experiencing much stress and turmoil on their side of the room, the CMC sat quietly on their side and developing a new perspective. They still suspect some selfishness in their intent, but they no longer feel that they are planing anything malevolent or ill towards anyone. They probably want some respect and everybody from school not giving them a hard time. Sweetie Belle and Applebloom have one quick look towards Scootaloo before she got up on her feet.

"Look!" Scootaloo called out, grabbing all the Dazzling's attentions. "I know this is something that none of us wanted. But why don't we make the most of it. You can still perform at my party and I'll let you sing whatever you want. Deal?"

The Dazzlings think silently for a moment. While they feel more than ever to scrap the whole gig and do something else, they also don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth and refuse the only form of genuine kindness that they have ever gotten. But with so little options, they reluctantly accepts.

After breathing out a massive sigh, Adagio replies: "Fine kid-"

"Scootaloo" Sweetie Belle corrected.

"-... Scootaloo. We'll have it your way. I guess some publicity is still better than no publicity."

"And definitely better than bad publicity" Sonata commented, hoping it would lift the mood.

But before either Adagio or Aria would say "Shut-Up, Sonata!", Applebloom quickly pulls Sonata's hand and whispers to her: "Yeah, I don't think the situation is all that good yet so it's best to stay quiet."

After that, everyone was in silent & mutual agreement. The Dazzlings still get to perform at Scootaloo's party and the CMC no longer feel obliged to kick them out. However, everyone still feel kind of uneasy and the moment still isn't something that any of them had expected. All they can hope for is that everything can get better at the end.


At the end of the day, everyone else left Scootaloo's apartment. The Dazzlings left to go back to their place and Applebloom and Sweetie Belle go the opposite direction. But as Scootaloo and her two aunts are waving goodbye to everyone, Lofty had something to say.

"Well, I don't know what sort of friends that you are making Scootaloo, but that Sonata was a real treat!"

"I'd say" Holiday agreed. "I wish she can come back again and have her taste more of our cooking."

Scootaloo breaths a massive sigh and heads back inside.

Comments ( 4 )

Sorry I've been too lazy to respond to this until now, but, again, wonderful job on the latest chapter. Yeah, great catch up concerning the Dazzlings and Scootaloo's party . The exchanges, characterizations and future chapter set-up were, of course, well done in all the right places.

I particularly liked the reasoning for the Dazzlings still accepting the gig even after their realizations as well as Scootaloo's aunts' chat at the end of the chapter .

Once more, I will most assuredly be looking forward to more of this.

I thought Holiday and Lofty were sisters. Well, artistic license I suppose.

When the next update? This going to hiatus?

Can't wait for the next update, I would like to see how this story continues.

Login or register to comment