• Published 11th Apr 2017
  • 7,542 Views, 211 Comments

What was Missing - Grate



When Entrepreneur Stuart Middlemis comes across a small cave at the back of his property, he uncovers the key to a 30 y.o mystery which provides more questions about his past then he ever knew existed.

  • ...
32
 211
 7,542
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 68 )

I'm Back! And with 100% more editing :)

The amazing work by WrittenWord333 and Seven Fates over the last few weeks cannot be overstated. They really epitomise a lot of what makes this fandom so great, and the time that they take to fix the glaringly obvious mistakes and blunders on my part, as well as the hints and tips they give on how to improve my writing are worth their weight in gold.

They have retrospectively edited all my previous chapters to kill off the rampant typos and errors all throughout the text, and they are now all posted up and good to go for future readers or those who want to go back and re-read the previous chapters because I took so long to post this one.

Having said that, I am now writing again, and Chapter 9 is in the works. Once again let me know if I suck at something, as I won't get any better unless I know I'm doing it wrong :)

8374502
:yay:

I apologies for my over enthusiastic response. Hopefully we all can recover from the shock. :heart:

Yay! A new chapter! We've been waiting for so long!

Words for the word god! Editing for the editor throne!

8374510
lol, overly enthusiastic responses are encouraged :twilightblush:

8374521
The Word God is ravenous, and his hunger can never be sated!!!

Jeebus!!! It's featured already!?! It hasn't even been 20 min!!! Youse guys... Are Awesome <3

Usually I don't like transformations, but he seems to be stuck in the middle of a 'both forms feel natural' kind of thing.

So glad to see this get an update, cant wait to read it.

Thank you for a great chapter on a bad day keep up the good work

It's nice to have you back! :twilightsmile:

Do give us more soon, I'm rather curious about the meeting with his mother. And prospective girlfriend :pinkiehappy:

8374688
I hope the rest of your day gets better! Glad I could at least make up for some of it? :twilightsmile:

8374739
Awesome <3 And that just made my day :)

Finally! Decent story time!

UPDATE!!!! and holy... it's actually been edited, I do believe I may have seen a couple mistakes.... but they were minor compared to some other unedited stories I read in the past.

I just hope we won't have to wait another 4 months for the next chapter

8375663
What?! Where?!

Gods dammit.

Woot, a new chapter! Awesome! :pinkiehappy:

So, Stuart is probably going to demolish those pants. Oh well, at least s/he'll have fun doing it!

I wonder how his dad will react when/if he finds out. I mean, come on, it's only a matter of time :rainbowlaugh:
Even more so when his dad and mom reunite, no matter whether it'll be brief or prolonged.

8375663
I hope I don't have to take another four months, lol

8375098
Thankyou <3

8375804
Awesome!

8375859
lol, you'll give yourself an ulcer worrying like that, if you can't find them, it probably doesn't matter THAT much :)

8376054
Ohhhh, yeah... Waaaay back in chapter one it covered what happened to his father. Heart attack almost a year ago and he didn't make it. It's going to be his first Christmas without him.

8376133
... oh. My memory's terrible :fluttershbad:

This story is simple and fulfilling. Honestly a good mix, and I've been hoping for an update. Glad to see my Hope was in vain, and I can't wait to have even more. ^.^

I have like one big question why does it have to be a gender bender story the main character is born a boy but transforms into a girl. That doesn't even make sense.

why have I not found this story sooner

8381147
That's because I haven't had... ~-EXPOSITION TIME!!!-~
And if MLP has taught us anything, trains are the best place to have an exposition. And seeing how there have been no trains to date, that means no exposition as to WHY Stuart is a guy as a human and a girl as a unicorn (It makes sense in my head, Dammit!!!). Also, because it's fun, and funny if I'm in a silly mood whilst writing. And Thongs on guys are horrendous...


8381864
Because that was then, and this is now! Also, because I didn't start writing it until then, and now I have, and this is it :3 (<<Also, that is wrong) Makes sense, right? :pinkiehappy:

8383087
as much sense as a backing recipe

8374521
Thanks for working on this Seven.

8389834
Not a problem. Haven't been in the mood for writing lately, so editing for someone else is the least I can do.

8389834

8389895
Damned right it's awesome!!!

On another note, I was looking at this and going 'hmm, there must be a way to sticky my first comment thanking my editors somehow... Oh, Derr, the Authors box!!!'
Yep, I probably wouldn't have forgotten about that if I updated more!!!

I'll fix it when I get home...

Can't wait for next chapter hope it comes soon. Can't wait for that girl to get her "revenge" just to find out he's a girl and be like " I'm ok with this" lol

8392493
More should be coming soon! So long as I don't keep getting distracted. Like tonight. Tonight I decided to help with custom sleeveing a power supply. The whole power supply, not just extensions. There's like 24 wires on a 24 pin plug!!! Whats WITH that!!! My poor fingers...

8392936
Ow lol sorry to hear that. But being kind is never to bad of a thing. Hope to see the new chapter keep up the great work

Really been enjoying this so far and looking forward to more. Keep up the good work. :twilightsmile:

Ok, so a quick question about something that's been bugging me. Are the Equestrian ponies anthros too, or are they typical Equestrian ponies and Stuart is the exception? I can't seem to recall it being brought up in the story. =/

8409078
Nope, they are normal ponies, it's just Stuart that is the exception. The why and how are coming.

Soon!

“Alright, jeans, surgery time. Time to see if my cunning and devious plan for you bears fruit, or if I’m about to irreparably demolish a $100 pair of jeans.”

I'd say "and this is why one buys disposable budget jeans for experimenting" but then I remember that properly fitting girl clothes seem to inexplicably skyrocket in price.

I have a question, so if Stuart can be in his human form and can use magic to be in a half human, half pony form, is it possible to go all the way to be a full pony? Assuming Stuart's mother was a pony who went full human, but still had magic, like is the case with Stuart now, then it would make sense for Stuart to be able to go full pony.

Now I don't think Stuart would choose to be a full pony over being in her half human half pony form in most circumstances , but it is something I think it would be interesting to see.

8463244
It is something I was going to look at. It wouldn't be that different from going from half pony to human, same spell, different final form. I'm saving it for a bit of light hearted fun for much later :3

8463259
Would there be a benefit to being a full pony over being a half form though? Such as being able to channel more magic or be easier to do more complex magic?
Oh and thank you for replying so fast, I like this story and can't wait for it to continue.

8463278
None whatsoever! Other than making Stuart EXTREMELY uncomfortable :P
But Updates! Yes, completely my own fault, even IF some jerk took our computer and is using it at work because the computers where he works can't do SVG graphics (not being passively aggressive AT ALL), I could have finally bit the bullet sooner and set up an older computer to get the updates done. Also, I have set up another computer so I now have no reason NOT to focus on updates...
Damn.
Just shot myself in the foot there, didn't I..?

8463619
Yeah, you kinda did shoot yourself in the foot there. I can tell after three weeks of you saying that and still not being able to follow up with a new chapter. (not trying to sound rude, just found this actually and can't wait for a new chapter :pinkiehappy:)

I'm on the second to last chapter, and am kinda sad there's not more right now. Either way though, I'm definitely looking forward to any updates you publish. GL with the computer stuff.

I want to get back into this story (I read up to the 7th chapter some time back) but I’m unsure about rereading it now and just hitting that wall after finishing chapter 8. I hate to be that guy, but how is progress on chapter 9?

8760645
I'm... getting there? Not much of an answer, but I am not just going to let this die. I'm just having a real hard time finding time at the moment to sit down and write.

Damn you life!!! That, and stupid work. Stupid work can go eat a giant bag of...

8763128
Hey, the fact that you aren’t giving up on it is enough for me. Life has its ups and downs as well as its storms and calms. Thanks for the reply. I’ll be looking forward to whenever the next chapter is done! :pinkiehappy:

8763128

I recently read this story and I have to say I really hope it gets some updates, it's an interesting premise and deserves some more love and progression, plus that mare reconnecting with her lost son/daughter. It's a shame about the father not being around for that though.

Whatever happened to this story?

Login or register to comment