• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 7,631 Views, 109 Comments

Twilight's Family - ApexSixtail

  • ...
11
 109
 7,631

The End is just the Beginning

The next day saw a flurry of activity at Twilight’s parent’s house. After staying the night, the girls caught the first train back to Ponyville in the morning, with Twilight staying behind to get her daughter packed for the move to the quiet town, so to speak.
After three hours of packing and deciding what to take to with them right away and what could wait, Twilight Sparkle and Twinkle Star stood outside the house on the lawn waiting for the chariot to come and take them to Ponyville. A teary-eyed Twilight Velvet walked up and gave her daughter and granddaughter a hug.
“Oh, I’m going to miss you two so much.”
“Calm down, Mom, Ponyville is only a fifteen minute train ride from Canterlot. And you both know you’re welcome to visit any time,” Twilight said as she returned the hug.
“It’s just, even when you moved to Ponyville, I still had some little part of you. Now with Twinkle Star moving with you to Ponyville, well, this big, old house will feel bigger, older, and most of all very empty.”
“Come on, Mom, you still have Dad, and I’m sure that Shining Armor and Cadence will visit from time to time. And don’t forget that we’re only a short train ride away.”
“So, are you saying I can visit any time I want?”
“Any time.”
“Even totally unannounced?”
“Even right out of the blue.”
“You know, you may come to regret that.”
“Probably, but the offer still stands.”
It was about that time that the chariot landed in the street just in front of them. After saying their good byes, mother and daughter got on the chariot, Twilight holding her daughter’s bags with her magic, and departed for their new home. Twilight Velvet waved to them even after they were long out of sight. A single tear rolled down her cheek.

A few hours later in Ponyville, Spike walked into the library, glad to finally be able to sleep in his own basket tonight. “Twilight, I’m—Oh, hello. How can I help you?”Spike asked the little lavender filly that was standing in the middle of the library.
“I’m just waiting for my mommy,” the filly said.
“Oh, alright then.” Spike proceeded to look for Twilight. He had only gotten about two steps away when he heard his caregiver’s voice coming down the stairs.
“Alright, sweetie, your room is all ready. Oh hi Spike.”
“Thanks, Mom,” the filly said as she started towards the stairs.
“Wait, whoa, hold on and back up for a moment. Mom?”
Twilight finished coming down the stairs and approached the filly and dragon.
“Spike, I would like you to meet my daughter, Twinkle Star.”
“Hi, Spike,” Twinkle Star said quickly.
“Ah, hello Twinkle Star,” Spike said slowly, keeping a half eye on Twilight.
“Honey, why don’t you go see your room while Mommy and Spike talk.”
“OK.” Twinkle Star said with the enthusiasm that only a five year old can before she started hopping up the stairs.
Once she was out of sight, Twilight and Spike shared an awkward silence for a moment before Spike finally found his voice again. “Daughter? What in Celestia’s good name possessed you to go and adopt a filly?”
“Spike.”
“I mean all the crazy adventures that we go on, it’s amazing that the mayor still let’s you run the library.”
“Spike”
“And furthermore, what about me? There’s a lot of times that you leave me in charge of the library, which is ok with just myself but—”
“Spike!” Twilight shouted to get the dragon’s attention. “Twinkle Star isn’t adopted”
“She isn’t adopted, but that would mean…”
“Yes, Spike, she is my baby girl.” Twilight looked up the stairs fondly as she said that.
“But—I thought—you just—when?” Spike managed to put one coherent thought together.
“You remember when I got moody and gained weight?”
“Oh, that’s when. I was wondering why you didn’t give Portina your secret.”
“Spike, that’s not nice.” Twilight scolded him.
“Oh come on Twilight, she waddled when she walked. If anypony could use some tips, it’s her.”
“Yeah, I guess you’re right. I probably ran into her more than anypony because she couldn’t side step me as easily as everypony else.” Both Twilight and Spike shared a sigh in reminiscing.
“Mommy, I’m thirsty.” Until Twinkle Star reminded them just what, or who, they were talking about.
“Come on down, Twinkie, and Mommy will get you a glass of juice,” Twilight said as she headed off to the kitchen. Twinkle Star climbed down the stairs and stood next to Spike waiting for her mom to return with her drink.
“So, Twinkle Star huh.” Spike looked at the little filly standing next to him.
“And you’re Spike.” Twinkle Star smiled at the dragon.
“I’m surprised that you aren’t surprised to see me. I know I am surprised to see you.”
“Oh Mommy and Grandma used to talk ‘bout you all time.”
“Really?”
“Yep! Where is Ow’iscious?” Twinkle Star started looking around the library.
“You mean Owlowiscious? I think he’s sleeping up on the balcony right now.”
“Oh, I hope I’m still up when he gets up. I’ve never seen an owl before!”
“I don’t think you will tonight honey; you need to go to bed early tonight. Tomorrow is a big day for you,” Twilight said as she levitated the glass of juice over to her daughter, who took it with her own magic.
“It is?” Twinkle Star said excitedly after she had taken a drink.
“Yep, tomorrow we sign you up for school.”
“Yay, I get to go to school with other fillies my age.” Twinkle Star started hopping in place, spilling some of her juice.
“And colts too.” Spike said as he grabbed a nearby rag and started to wipe up the juice.
“Oh really? Colts are yucky and have cooties.” Twinkle Star said as she stuck out her tongue
“Hey, I do not have cooties.” Spike crossed his arms.
“Of course you don’t Spike, you’re not a colt.” Twinkle Star said in a matter-of-fact tone.
“She’s got you there, Spike.” Mother and daughter giggled at the young dragon’s expense.

The next day started the new routine for the new family, with Twilight getting up first to start to get the day scheduled.
Next was Twinkle Star, who awoke only about a half hour after her mother because she was so excited to go sign up for school that she couldn't sleep any more. Because she had gotten up so early, at least for a young filly, she finally got her wish and got to meet Owlowiscious for a short while until the owl flew up to his perch high in the tree to sleep for the day.
Spike was the last to roll out of bed, and the most verbal about getting up. After a quick scolding by Twilight, he started to go about his day of straightening the library behind Twilight as she would look up this bit of information, or that spell.
Suddenly, Twilight looked up from the book she was currently reading and scanned the room. "Spike, have you seen Twinkle Star recently?"
"Not since she went to go play with her toys after Owlowiscious flew up to his perch." Spike replied.
Instantly, Twilight shifted into super panic mode, which is her normal panic mode super charged by the mommy factor. Spike never knew what hit him.
"Twinkle Star's missing, oh Celestia this can't be happening. Spike we've got to find her." Twilight said as she shook the poor little dragon several time before she let him go. To dizzy from the shaking, Spike collapsed onto the floor. "Spike, this is no time for a nap, Twinkle Star maybe in danger."
The pupils in Twilight's eyes shrank to almost nothing as she pondered all the dangerous situations her daughter could have gotten into. "What if she wanted to spend more time with Owlowiscious, so she climbed out on to the balcony and fell off?" Twilight started to sprint for the stairs up the the upper part of the tree. Getting up to the top level, she saw that the doors to the balcony where shut.
After a small sigh of relief, Twilight's head shot up again. "Oh no, what if she walked into the kitchen and pulled something off the counter on top of her?" Twilight dashed into the kitchen with speed that would make Rainbow Dash envious, only to find that no one was in the room and everything was as it should be.
"What if she went to the bathroom and slipped and hit her head?" Twilight turned around to sprint back up to the bathroom, but when she turned around Spike was there holding his finger to his lips to tell Twilight to be quiet. After giving the purple unicorn a moment to calm down a bit, Spike motioned for her to follow him.
Spike lead her into the filly's room, where she was in the middle of, fast asleep on the floor. The panic and tension Twilight had been feeling drained away as quickly as it had come, replaced with the pride only a mother can feel looking at her daughter sprawled out on the floor of her room. Using her magic, Twilight lifted Twinkle Star up and placed her on her bed, covering her with the blanket that had been thrown on the floor when the filly had gotten up. Spike and Twilight stepped back out of the room, with Twilight shutting the door softly as she exited.
"What about signing her up for school?" Spike asked after the door was closed.
"She can sleep for another half-hour before we have to get ready."

Later that afternoon after meeting with the kindergarten teacher, Ms. Brite Shine, Twilight was walking back towards the library with Twinkle Star hopping circles around her mother.
"I'm gonna go to school," she chanted in a sing-songy voice.
As they were walking by Town Hall, somepony calling her name got Twilight's attention. Turning her head to the pony calling her, she saw the mayor trotting up to her.
"Twilight, lucky I found you. My office just received a letter from Princess Celestia. Apparently Ponyville has been assigned a town mage."
"A town mage for Ponyville? I wonder why she would feel it necessary to assign a mage to our little town," Twilight thought out loud. "Oh well, at least I'll have someone to talk about magic with. So why did you rush out to tell me? I would have known soon enough when Pinkie invited me to their 'Welcome to Ponyville' party."
"Because she has assigned him to stay in the library with you."
"Him? Princess Celestia assigned a stallion mage to stay in the library with me and Twinkle Star?"
"Yes. His name is—"
"I don't care, because he is not going to even get here!" Twilight started stomping back towards the library. "Come along, Twinkle Star. Mommy has to send a very detailed and scathing letter to Princess Celestia."
"Mommy, what does scathing mean?" Twinkle Star said as she quickly followed her mother.
"It means angry and bitter." Twilight said.
"Mommy, I thought you loved Princess 'Lestia, why are you mad at her?"
"I'll tell you when you're older." Twilight used the oldest line in the book to end the explanation part of her interaction with her daughter.
As soon as Twinkle Star had entered the library, Twilight shut the door hard. "Spike! Where are you?"
"I'm here Twilight." Spike said as he started down the stairs.
"Good, I need you to take down a letter for Princess Celestia."
Twilight waited patiently as Spike got a quill and parchment. Once he signaled he was ready, Twilight started
"Dear Princess Celestia: How could you! Not only would it be inappropriate for a strange stallion to live here with me, but you know that I moved Twinkle Star here with me. To have some stallion whom we've never met living here with us is not only inappropriate, but also an unsafe environment to bring up a young filly in. This arrangement just simply will not do. I will promptly make arrangements for a home for him somewhere else in Ponyville. You and I do need to have a talk about this oversight. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle."
Just as Spike was finishing writing the letter, a knock was heard on the door. Twilight walked over to the door and opened it.
On the other side was a navy blue unicorn stallion with a dark purple and dark blue mane and tail. Not looking up from the paper he was holding in front of his face with his magic, he spoke, "Hello, I hope this is the library. I was told to report here for my new post as town mage." He finally lowered the paper and looked at Twilight, and all conscious thought stopped.
For several moments, nether pony moved a muscle. Suddenly the stomping of small hooves was heard.
"Daddy!" Twinkle Star using her magic literally flew past Twilight and glomped the stallion around his neck.
"Twinkle Star, Twilight?" The stallion half whispered, half chocked out.
"Oh my gosh, Star Shine!" And for the second time in less than a minute Star Shine was glomped once again
"Ladies, I need air!" Star Shine chocked out. Reluctantly both Twilight and Twinkle Star let Star Shine go.
After she had let him go, Twilight looked at Star Shine with a suspicious eye, "Just how did you get yourself a post as a town mage in an earth pony town anyway?"
"Wow Twilight, it looks like we might just see more of each other again now that fortune has smiled upon us but you just want to accuse me of rigging the mage's society postings."
Twilight suddenly found an interesting piece of lint on the floor. "Sorry, it's just I can't believe that the society would just place a new master mage in to a brand new post."
"Hey Twilight," Star Shine lifted her chin up with a hoof, "I'm can't believe it either. So I checked with Walking Stick, and it turns out that being the fiancé of the Princess's personal student does have its perks as the order came from the Princess herself."
"Did it now?"
"Yeah, Walking Stick said it’s the first time he can remember the Princess making a posting."
"Well, I'll have to remember to thank Princess Celestia in my next letter." Twilight said before she kissed Star Shine gently on the lips.
"That makes two of us." Star Shine said before he returned Twilight's kiss.
"Hey, watch it you two. There are two impressionable minds down here." Spike spoke up.
"Spike, what does in-pressing-able mean?"Twinkle Star looked at the baby dragon.
"Your mom will tell you when you're older."
"Gee, thanks Spike."Twilight said as everyone laughed. After Star Shine had entered the library, Twilight shut the door.

The End (for now)

Comments ( 27 )

Aw now Twilight can live in Ponyvillie with her biological daughter AND her husband. :heart:

1676610
Not in the next one, but it is coming.

1676628 her joining the cmc?

1676636
Twinkle Star will definitely meet the CMCs, as far as joining them...

1676844

So does she have a cutie mark

Needs more. Time to go sequel hunting.

Huzzah! I've been waiting for this chapter for months now! I was actually afraid' you'd stopped writing and just decided to let it go. Very happy to see that my fear was unfounded. Also, many dawwwws were had at this :scootangel::heart:

For you, five spikes and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

If their isn't a sequel now i will end you :pinkiecrazy:

Heartwarming ending there.

Looks like everything's all hunky-dory now. :pinkiehappy:

PLEASE make a sequel this story-verse deserves to continue!!!! :pinkiesad2:

if no sequel in 10 days from this post (4/18/2013) I will do it! THE PRINCESSES OF EQUESTRIA COMMAND ME.

oh god this oh god... I litterally ran out of ... umm wow. I don't even know.. word fail me... expressing the goodness... greatness...

hang on...

Sorry had to find a thesaurus...

OK your story is awesome, fascinating, incredible, marvelous, prodigious, shocking, stunning, surprising, unbelievable, wonderful....

all of those copied directly from one.. still seems lacking in how to describe this story. You have written a work of art. I literally sat here boucing reading the last chapter.

now yes I will have to agree with everyone you have to write a sequel. I wanna see how the town reacts to her. we have the mane 6 but what about the CMC? (Secret mommies there? no really I would love to find out one of them is like the child of one of the others.) What about the others in town? is Big Mac Jealous? I wanna see twinkle in school. Maybe she is smart enough to skip grades and be put in the same grade as the cmc...they seem to only be 1 or 2 years older than her anyway. I wanna know what her cutie mark will be. Also wanna know how diamond will react around her. Would she be the bully or would she be nice to her?


SO MUCH STUFF I WANT ANSWED!!

This story is great

Although I was coming up with some good guess early in the reading I have to say this was a very enjoyable read. I don't think it needs a sequel; its perfect as is.

But thats up to you; its your fiction :pinkiehappy:

To be totally honest. I didn't actually care for the fic.
While it was well written, it seems to be missing a reason to be, leaving the reader unfulfilled. This actually read's more like an excerpt / snapshot of a larger piece of work; or if not for the first few chapters an epilogue.

Still, I look forward to reading other works from yourself.

Although I had already read this on fanfiction it was still a pleasure to read it again. Learning that it has a sequel is almost enough to get me jumping up and down Twilight style. Almost. My sanity is still intact despite the cuteness of the story.

Anyway loved the story and will be reading the sequel shortly.

There is only one thing to say: SEQUEL, SEQUEL, SEQUEL!!
Please. :twilightsmile:

Six years later and this is still a touching story. I rediscovered this while going over my favorites for stories I hadn't finished reading and had to read it again. If ever you come back and write a sequel I will read it.

what a nice and wholesome story :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment