• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 7,617 Views, 109 Comments

Twilight's Family - ApexSixtail

  • ...
11
 109
 7,617

The Fun is in the Journey

As the girls stepped off the train, they quickly started heading towards Canterlot Palace. As the girls arrived at the palace two large, imposing unicorn guards shifted to in front of the door to block their passage

"Halt, who goes there?" One of the guards called out.

"I am very sorry, gentle colts, but we need to speak with the Princess," Rarity said with as much importance as she could muster.

"And what is your business with the Princess?"

"We need to discuss her student Twilight Sparkle with her," Rarity answered the guard’s question.

"Do you have an appointment with her,”The guard asked ruefully.

"Well no, but, you see, this is important," Rarity said, trying to keep her composure.

"No one sees the Princess without an appointment or an emergency," the guard grunted. "Now shove off!"

"Now wait just a minute!" Rainbow Dash got in the guard’s face.

"If you girls don't leave right this instant, you’ll be thrown in jail!" The guards shouted.

"What is going on here?" A voice from behind the guards called out. Suddenly, Princess Luna appeared behind the guards. Instantly both the guards and the girls bowed to the Princess.

"Beg your pardon, Princess, just dealing with some ruffians," the guard answered her.

"Ruffians, let me have a look." Luna walked up between the guards. "I recognize some you from Ponyville. What are you doing here?"

"Begging your pardon, Princess, but we need to talk to your sister about her student," Applejack answered her.

"Twilight Sparkle? Is something wrong with her?" Luna asked with concern.

"That's what we're trying to find out," Rainbow Dash said, glaring at the guards. The guards growled back at her softly.

"Is this any way to treat the heroes of Equestria?" Luna suddenly said to the guards in the Royal Canterlot voice. Not expecting it, everyone suddenly cowered away from the Princess.

"These young ladies have saved us from not only Discord, but have also removed the demon Nightmare Moon from my soul.”Luna kept her attention on the guards. “Surely they have earned more respect than to be instantly turned away from the palace as ruffians."

"Yes, your Majesty,” the guards said as they moved out of girls’ way.

As the group of friends walked by the guards, Rainbow Dash growled at the guards. Not to be outdone by the brash Pegasus, the guards growled back. Princess Luna shot the guards a stern look, and they instantly backed away. As Rainbow Dash snickered, Luna shot her the same look. Rainbow Dash instantly stopped snickering. The girls follow Luna down a long corridor to an ornate pair of doors. As she reached the doors, Princess Luna pushed them open and walked inside the throne room. Princess Celestia quickly got up off her mat and approach the night Princess.

"Luna, what are you doing here at this time," Princess Celestia said with alarm in her voice.

"Dear sister, these young ladies say there is something wrong with your student," Luna said as she pointed to the five mares.

"Twilight Sparkle, has something happened to her?"

"That's what we're trying to find out, your Majesty," Applejack replied.

"We believe something may be amiss with her family," Rarity said before the question could be asked.

"Her family!" Princess Celestetia replied, shocked. "What makes you think there's anything wrong with her family?" The Princess's voice suddenly carried a nervous tone to it.

"Well, your Majesty, Applejack and Rainbow Dash went to Twilight's library yesterday to get here to referee their latest competition but Twilight said she couldn't because she had to head to Canterlot and after that she got in a chariot and left lickety-split. Then Spike mentions that she sometimes goes and sees her family and then mentioned that something had happened to her past so that got Applejack all concerned and she met with Rarity and hatched the plan then they came and got all the rest of us and we get on the big train and it went chuga-chuga choo-choo and zip us here zoom and then we get off the train and walked up to the Palace but the big meanie the guards stopped us at the gate and call us ruffians but then Princess Luna came and put those guards in their place and then we followed her down this long corridor and into this big room and then you got up off your cushion and came down here and asked us what was wrong then Princess Luna said that there's something wrong with Twilight to which Applejack said that that we're here to find out and then Rarity said it was something about her family to which you asked us what we this think that and then I rambled on this long speech and here we are now." Pinky Pie said in one big breath.

All the ponies in the room just stared at her, slack-jawed. Pinky Pie just shrugged her shoulders. "What? That's a summary of this whole story up until now."

After a few seconds, Fluttershy was the first to break out of her daze. "Please, your Majesty, if you would tell us to where she lives, if it would not be too much trouble."

"Girls, I assure you that everything is all right with Twilight and her family. The reason she was in such a hurry was not to displease me. For you see, visiting her family was one of my stipulations for her staying in Ponyville with you," Princess Celestia said in her most calm, reassuring voice.

"Okey-dokey Loki, sorry to waste your time, Princess." Pinky Pie said quickly. "We’ll be going now," she said as she started pushing the others to the door. The other four, stunned by Pinky Pie’s actions, offered little resistance as she herded them through the doors.

She herded them all the way out of the Palace before Applejack put on the brakes.

"Pinky Pie, what tarnation’s wrong with you?" Applejack demanded, bringing about the rest of the group as they turned and stared at Pinky Pie.

"Didn't you hear her tone of voice? We would've had an easier time getting Twilight Sparkle's address out of a brick wall!"

As she said that, she reached over to the Palace wall next to her and pulled a directory of all the ponies in Canterlot out of a cubby hole in the wall labeled "Directory of all ponies in Canterlot". The rest of the girls smack their foreheads as Pinky Pie started looking through the ironically conveniently placed directory.

After a few minutes of looking, Pinky Pie slammed the book close and shoved it back in the cubbyhole. Everyone looked at her expectantly. "Wouldn't you just know it, the Sparkle family is unlisted." Everyone groaned.

"Why does it feel like some hack out there is just messing with our lives for his own entertainment?!"Rainbow Dash shouted, at which several of the ponies on the street turned to stare at the five mares. "Heehee, sorry." Rainbow dash said sheepishly.

"So now how are we gonna get Twilight’s address?" Applejack asked.

"Excuse me, did I hear you saying you were trying to find out where Twilight Sparkle lives?" A unicorn mare with a light gray coat and a charcoal gray mane with bright blue eyes and a ballerina cutie mark approached the group.

"And you are?" Rarity asked the newcomer.

"My name is Moondancer and I was a friend of Twilight's here in Canterlot," said the unicorn.

"So you can tell us where she lives," Fluttershy asked excitedly. "If you don't mind,” she added nervously.

"Not at all. It's nice to see she can still make friends after all that happened." Moondancer got a sad look in her eyes for a moment, but it was quickly gone.

"She lives at 1432 Sunburst Avenue," the gray unicorn said with a smile on her face.

"Thank you kindly, Moondancer," Applejack thanked her.

"You're very much welcome," Moondancer replied as she as she continued the way she was going.

After the encounter with Moondancer, the five friends proceeded to search for Sunburst Avenue. After about 15 min. of searching they finally found the desired street.

"Is something bothering you?" Applejack asked Rarity.

"What's that?" Rarity asked the orange earth pony.

"Well you seem a might distracted since we ran into Moondancer."

"Oh I suppose I am," Rarity replied. "It's just something that Moondancer said is puzzling me."

"Oh, and what would that be?" Applejack looked at her unicorn friend with concern.

"Oh I suppose it's probably just nothing, but after the look Moondancer got when she mentioned Twilight making friends, I wonder just what happened that would get her to react like that?"

"Hmm, I reckon that something will just have to find out the next time we see Twilight," Applejack said looking thoughtfully at her friend. "But for now I suppose we should just find out where

Twilight lives and what's going on with her family."

"We're here!" Pinky Pie sang out. Breaking out of their private conversation, both Rarity and Applejack looked at the pink pony and then followed her gaze to a large mansion set back a short ways off the road.

"Highflying Hannah that's one heck of a house!" Applejack exclaimed.

"Wow, with a house like that I can see why Twilight was such a shut-in." Rainbow Dash commented.

"The house alone is nearly bigger than Ponyville," Rarity added. While Rarity had made an exaggeration, the house at the address of their magically gifted friend was larger than any building in Ponyville, including the town hall.

“Are ya sure we’re at the right place?” Applejack asked.

“Only one way to find out,” Rainbow Dash said as the started up the walkway towards the front door.

While not as sure footed as Dash was about this endeavor, the others followed her closely nonetheless. When they had reached about two thirds of the way up to the door, it suddenly opened and Twilight Sparkle backed out.

“I’m just going to run some errands, I’ll be back in a little ahhhhh!”