• ...
4
 22
 2,744

Pippi's Pinkie Pie Party

Sending the invitations out to everypony in ponyville on such short notice had been something of an issue for Pinkie Pie, who'd spent FIVE WHOLE MINUTES trying to figure out a good way to do so. Then she'd remembered her gyrocopter, kept out back so the Cake twins couldn't accidentally get hurt, and flown it over to the printing press she always used. Page Turner, the pegasus who ran the place, took one look at the machine and insisted on raining the invites down herself; for some reason she suspected the pony of parties might possibly injure herself with the machine. Well, even if it was a silly idea, Pinkie had agreed and flown straight back to Sugarcube Corner to make all the cupcakes and set everything up for the party.

So it was that Twilight Sparkle, on the advice of her number one assistant, decided to take a break from her research and a few minutes later walked through the door of Sugarcube Corner. "Wow. Everything looks so... blue." Blue streamers, blue balloons, blue tablecloths, blue icing on the cake--

"Yeah that's the color that Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Makrelmint Fruitmane's Daughter Longstocking says is her favorite! And it's her party after all!" Pinkie pointed to the blue banner above them; the words 'Welcome to Ponyville Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Makrelmint Fruitmane's Daughter Longstocking' were written in bright yellow, as a concession to the small size the letters had to be to fit on the thing.

"Wow, that's a mouthful. Why did you draw a Jolly Roger up there?"

"Because Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Makrelmint Fruitmane's Daughter Longstocking was wearing a pirate hat!" Pinkie bounced round the room, doing a last-minute slap of all the balloons to make sure they were properly floaty. You couldn't just inflate them, you had to get the right PSI for every balloon or the entire chi of the room could flow incorrectly. "Can you believe it Twilight, she hasn't even earned her cutie mark and she's already a pirate!"

"...I don't think it works that way, Pinkie." Pippilotta... part of her mind started to deconstruct that word, trying to identify its source language and deconstruct it, out of idle intellectual curiosity. The Pippi part sounded Darlarnan... And Lotta was obviously a fillyzation of some male name, probably germaneic? Idly she wandered over to the cake, noticing that four socks mad of icing on the top. She gave the party pony an askew glance.

Suddenly a cloud of dust kicked up outside the door, and a few moments later Rainbow Dash burst through the door. "All right, a Pinkie Party! I got here as soon Page Turner woke me up to give me the invite!" She looked up at the banner and blinked. "....Pippilotta Delcatsa Windowshade Makrelmint Fruitmane's Daughter Longstocking?"

"It's 'Dellicatessa'," Twilight helpfully corrected. "Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Makrelmint Fruitmane's Daughter Longstocking. Oh! Longstocking! That's why there are socks on this cake!" She smiled at her own brilliance.

"No silly filly!" Pinkie replied. "Those were the socks she was wearing!"

Twilight deflated. Then she blinked. Four mismatched socks...?

"Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Makrelmint Fruitmane's Daughter Longstocking?" Rainbow huffed at the banner. "What kind of a name is that?"

"Oh it's extra long to scare away the seaponies."

Unicorn and pegasus turned to stare at the oblivious earth pony. The oblivious earth pony, for her part, adjusted one of the tablecloths and began setting out blue party hats.

Rainbow Dash shook her head. "Fine. Seaponies. So how old is this Pippilotta deli---I'm going to call her Pippi. How old is she?"

"Oh she's about as old as the crusaders. Maybe a bit older." Pinkie smiled as she hopped over to the punchbowl and gave it a quarter stir clockwise, half stir counterclockwise. "She's super strong though, I mean even for an earth pony! She was balancing all her stuff like it was just a pie. And there was this monkey too--Ohmygosh can monkeys eat cake?"

"Yes," Twilight deadpanned, "Monkeys can eat cake."

"My oh my, what's all this about monkeys eating cake?" Rarity found herself dragged in after her younger sister, and glanced around at all the blue. "Well, this is unusual... but quite stylish. Sweetie Belle, are you sure I have to meet this, ah," she glanced at the banner, "Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Makrelmint Fruitmane's Daughter Longstocking?"

"Yeah! She's half sea pony like you!"

The young unicorn found herself subject of a trio of stares, while Pinkie just set out some treats.

"Uh... I mean, she has this earring like some of the ones you have, and, and she said it was because she was a sea pony..." Sweetie Belle blushed, slinking over to a table and trying not to attract attention.

"...Well, even if this Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Makrelmint Fruitmane's Daughter Longstocking--"

"We're calling her Pippi," Rainbow deadpanned.

"--very well, even if this Pippi has the habit of unusual tall tales, knowing her taste in jewelry is as high class as mine does make me wish to view her in high regard."

"Plus she's a pirate!" Pinkie piped up. "Hat and everything! Well, no pegleg, or an eyepatch, or a hook for a horn because she's an earth pony, but otherwise yeah!"

"She wears a bicorn," Twilight helpfully submitted. "Pinkie just... deduced things."

"Pinkie, I feel I must disappoint you; a hat is a fashion statement, not a pirate uniform."

"It'd be cool if the kid were a pirate though." Rainbow lounged in the chair next to Sweetie Belle. "Hey, does she have a parrot?"

"She has a monkey," the fashionista's sister explained. "She said his name was Mister Nillson."

"A monkey can be difficult to handle," Twilight mused, glancing out the door. "I hope she's mature enough to handle it."

"Well if her parents trust her with it she must be," Rarity reasoned.

"I dunno if she has parents," Sweetie said. "She didn't have anypony helping her move her things... but she did say her and her papa sailed everywhere."

"See, she IS a pirate!"

"Eeep!" Fluttershy cowered in the doorway, only partway inside. "A pirate?"

"Pinkie, there is no way that a pony around Sweetie Belle's age is a pirate," Twilight insisted. "She wears a pirate hat. Her father was a sailor. And piracy is illegal, so if she were a pirate she would be in jail instead of moving into Villa Villekulla." The unicorn shook her head, walking over to comfort the shy pegasus. "Don't worry, Pinkie's just being Pinkie. We're glad you could make it, the guest of honor has a pet monkey."

"A pet monkey?" Fluttershy rose immediately, stepping to the blue party and looking around eagerly. "Oh my, those are so reare in this area of Equestria. I do hope he's been well behaved."

"Oh the monkey's not here yet," Rainbow Dash explained. "He's coming with Pippi."

"Pippi?"

The cyan pegasus pointed to the banner. "Miss Too-Long-Didn't-Read."

"Dash!" Twilight scolded. "Be nice!"

"Actually she did tell us Crusaders to call her Pippi Longstocking, so I don't think she minds..." Sweetie glanced around. "And she also told us Rarity was half sea pony."

"I still don't understand how that came about," Rarity huffed.

"I think you would be a pretty sea pony," Fluttershy ventured. "I mean, you have... you would look glamorous in the water, I think."

"...well at least that much is true." The white unicorn smiled and flicked her mane. "My curls do flow when supported by water. But to lose my beautiful tail and legs.... even if my fins were fabulous, darling, I don't think I'm cut out for the aquatic life!"

"Oh, well... I guess you're right." Fluttershy sighed. "Still, swimming is like flying slow.... I wouldn't mind being a seapony. The animals that live in water are... interesting."

"Oh most certainly," Twilight agreed. "Especially the ones that live in the deeps."

"Wait wait wait, let me think." Pinkie paused, counting all the ponies. "We're missing somepony here... Oh! Applejack! And the other Crusaders, OBVIOUSLY!"

And as if on cue, the final member of the Elemental Harmony Squad was dragged through the door by her sister and an orange pegasus. "Ah'm tellin' ya, Apple Bloom, I gotta set up tha stall an sell some apples! Ya can bring yer friend by ta meet me later--"

"Come on big sis! Pippi's not like otha ponies, Ah don't know how she'll get when she hears ya couldn't make it!"

"Yeah, and besides, after Apple Boom's little stunt I don't think anypony will want to go anywhere near your apples for a week!" Scootaloo grunted, just managing to pull the mare into the shop.

"Now what in tarnation ya'll mean by that?"

"Apple Bloom made bombs out of apples!" Sweetie Belle piped up,

The earth pony chuckled nervously. "Well, mostly apples..."

"Apple Bloom!" The orange mare stared down her sister with a dissapointed look on her face.

"It's not ma fault! Ah thought tha bombs would have a much smaller radius of kinetic energy then thay did! Ah was only trying to put a window in, Ah didn't think tha whole wall would--"

"APPLE BLOOM!"

"Oh yeah that reminds me." Scootaloo turned to Rarity. "You have a spare bedroom?"

"Well, yes but--"

"Wait wait wait." Twilight shook her head. "You managed to blow up a wall.... using apples."

"...mostly apples."

"Apple Bloom..." Applejack rubbed her forehead tiredly. "....Alright, Ah'll stay fer this here party, but then you and Ah are going home to have a CHAT with Big Mac."

"Yes big sis," the filly murmured, bow drooping.

There was a quiet, awkward moment.

"...So Rarity! How does being a sea pony feel?" Pinkie was suddenly in the unicorn's face.

"Sea pony?" Applejack looked at Rarity oddly. "I don't understand."

"Believe me, I don't either. Apparently this Pippilotta Delicatessa Window--"

"Pippi!" Rainbow reminded her. "We're calling her Pippi!"

"Yes. Apparently, this Pippi Longstocking filly thinks I am a seapony because she wears the same earrings as me."

"Well, that's not exactly true miss Rarity."

The assembled ponies turned to the door. There, dressed in a red dress with blue patches, carrying a monkey on her back and a pirate hat on her head, grinning and shaking her mane as though she knew something nopony else did.... There was Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Makrelmint Fruitmane's Daughter Longstocking.

"I think you're half seapony."

Comments ( 17 )

Certainly a long time in coming. Worth the wait, we hope...

>The cyan pegasus pointed to the banner. "Miss Too-Long-Didn't-Read."
:rainbowlaugh:

Also... did Apple Bloom use scumble in making the bombs? :twilightoops:

>>BlankFlankBrony

The world may never know.

first punk ever with ponies...
sounds funny!

Want more.

BTW I'm watching you.

When will we be seeing more of the adventures of Pippi Longstocking in Equestria?

what happen next chapter?

Don't let it die !!! :fluttercry::fluttershbad:

I really enjoyed this one! :D

I'd be really interested in seeing more of this

Oh my gosh, ponified Pippi Longstocking. I didn't even... it's one of those things I never expect anybody to know about. Anyway, I shall have to read this later.

Great story! I really hope that you'll continue:)

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I knew someone had read those books too! This is really creative and imaginative. Can't wait for part 3!!

Is there any chance of you CONTINUEING this? Please?

And now there's a pippi longstocking pon.

Login or register to comment