• Published 24th Jun 2012
  • 11,980 Views, 351 Comments

Family Matters - SFC Ponycron



Twilight's relationship is revealed when she ends up pregnant.

  • ...
21
 351
 11,980

Chapter 12: An Early Evening Fight

Family Matters

Chapter 12: An Early Evening Fight

"We can have a huge party with all of Ponyville there and tons of purple and red heart shaped balloons, and cupcakes, and a cake, and cookies, and the party cannon-" A zipper appeared and zipped shut across Pinkie's mouth. The purple aura around Twilight's horn faded as the party pony patted her mouth.

"Calm down, Pinkie, you're getting Apple Bloom too excited." With a pop she dismissed the zipper. "How about a nice, small dinner at the library? Apple Bloom, you haven't tried a crusade of letter design and delivery yet. Why don't you get Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle then meet us back at the library?"

"That's a great idea!" Apple Bloom immediately forgot the big party plans in favor of a quest. "Ah'll get right on it!" Apple Bloom saluted before running off to find her friends.

Twilight spoke before dispelling the zipper. "Listen Pinkie Pie, I know you like the big parties but we just want a small family and friend affair. That should be the six of us, Big Macintosh, Granny Smith, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I think I can trust you to handle the food and decorations?"

"Ah, fine, if you want to be a spoilsport," Pinkie Pie sighed, but her pink cotton candy hair remained intact as she bounced off.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Big Macintosh stood beside Twilight and watched as Pinkie hopped away.

The purple mare pressed herself comfortably against the red stallion's side. "It will keep everypony busy for a couple hours and give your sister time to cool off. What could go wrong?"

***

Shining Armor spent a few hours driving his secretary insane freeing up his schedule for the next several days as he planned an unexpected trip to Ponyville. No, he was not sure how long he would be gone for. Yes, he would appreciate not being disturbed. All correspondence could wait until after his vacation unless it was from his wife, parents, or an omega level emergency by a summons by the Princesses themselves. Shining Armor's secretary and second-in-command would spend the next few weeks trying to undo the administrative knot the Captain of the Guard created by his unexpected leave of absence.

"Shining Armor would prefer that we don’t go in uniform," Silver Lining said as he and Young Blood waited for their captain to arrive at their waiting chariot. They had bags packed for an indefinite period. The white Silver Lining turned dark gray as he freed himself from his glamored armor. His close-cropped silver mane stood in contrast to his long tail. His non-regulation tail was bound in a tight bun, he could only let it out when off-duty.

"Something bad is going to come from this. I just know it." Young Blood reluctantly removed his own armor and stored it in chariot. The unicorn's own fur was naturally white, but there was a peculiar black and blonde striped pattern to his mane and tail. He followed the tradition of docking his tail.

"Calm down Youngling," Young Blood twitched at Silver Lining's use of the nickname. "We’re basically getting two paid days off."

"You’re not the one who’s going to have to hold the chariot aloft for two hours."

Silver Lining rolled his eyes at the younger guard’s nerves. "You’ll be fine."

"Ah good, you’re both ready." Shining Armor appeared before his fellow soldiers in a flash of purple energy. "You ready to do this, Young Blood?"

"No."

"I like your honesty. Carry on." Shining Armor boarded the chariot with a reluctant Young Blood. Silver Lining winked at the reluctant unicorn before hitching himself in the front. Young Blood remembered the year Silver Lining and Shining Armor won the Alfrodull Run. It was a twelve hour, marathon chariot race. A pair of ponies, a pegasus and a unicorn, competed. The pegasus pulled the chariot while his teammate defended him and disrupted other competitors with magic. The Shining/Silver team held the record due to Silver's endurance and Shining's powerful shielding magic. Without the need to waste energy flying evasively, they completed the run in a record ten hours, twenty three minutes. Shining suffered magic fatigue for two weeks and Silver was sidelined for a month with wing strain, and they were banned from competition by royal decree, but they went down in the history books.

Now Shining Armor expected Young Blood to maintain that same shield. The shield proved to have an unexpected side effect in practice; not only did it negate attacks, it also negated atmospheric pressures. Without drag they had beaten the old record by hours, and that was a marathon. In a sprint, the effects would be even more pronounced. Shining figured they could make the flight to Ponyville in two hours, Young Blood was not as optimistic. Regardless, he encased the chariot in a green aura and they streaked off.

***

"We've never tried getting a delivery cutie mark before," Sweetie Belle mused out loud as Scootaloo raced through Ponyville with the other two fillies on her wagon.

"It's gonna be great. Maybe Mrs. Doo will let us borrow her postpony's hat?" Apple Bloom suggested.

"I don't think I want a package for a Cutie Mark," Scootaloo said. "So how long has Twilight been Big Macintosh's special somepony?"

"She didn't say."

"You don't think they were together last Hearts and Hooves Day, where they?" Scootaloo pondered out loud. The two in the back grew silent as they considered the quandary.

***

Big Macintosh, Twilight Sparkle, and Spike sat around the library in a domestic, comfortable silence as they waited for the Cutie Mark Crusaders. At his desk, Spike studied a book on Eastern Sea Dragon languages; he worked on memorizing the forty two letter alphabet by copying it over and over again. Big Macintosh appeared to be reading a dictionary, but was actually using that as a cover to read one of Twilight's baby books. Twilight kept herself busy by setting up crafting supplies for the girls and starting lunch.

A thump against one of the library's roots was the only warning. Big Macintosh and Spike were so engrossed in their respective studies that neither bothered to look up. Twilight turned towards the thump but quickly returned to the task of pouring milk for the foals.

The library door swinging open and slamming against the wall did get her attention.

"Twilight-"

"We're so sorry," Apple Bloom finished Sweetie Belle's start. The pair ran up to Twilight and threw themselves into her legs in an attempt to receive a hug. Instead they ended up getting covered with half a gallon of milk.

Scootaloo snuck in after the two other fillies. "I told you that you shouldn't rush in and apologize. You didn't even have to bring it up in the first place."

"Bring what up?" Twilight asked as Big Macintosh slipped the baby book under a couch cushion.

"We ruined your Hearts and Hooves Day!" Apple Bloom said.

Sweetie Belle started to tear up a bit. "We're so sorry."

"It's alright, girls. It's in the past, but look at you now," Twilight chastised the young fillies.

Big Macintosh walked over to his sister and ran his hoof through her soaked mane. "You two are going to need a bath."

"But it's the middle of the day," Scootaloo complained for the two guilty fillies.

While Big Macintosh bathed the fillies, Twilight set Scootaloo up with the card supplies. She ended up making such a mess that she needed a bath after her friends. This took Twilight telekinetically dragging the young pegasus to the bathroom and holding her down while she scrubbed the filly’s fur and mane free of glitter, glue, and ink. It took the girls two hours to finish the invitations because Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom both kept trying to help Twilight with her own chores.

"Enough!" Twilight called out as she turned Apple Bloom away from her bedroom for the fourth time that afternoon. "Are the invitations done?"

"Yes they are," Sweetie Bell closed the last envelope.

"Cutie Mark Crusader Delivery fillies ready to go!" Scootaloo announced as she rode into the library with her scooter.

"Are you sure you don't need help with anythin' else?" Apple Bloom asked.

Twilight's right eye started to twitch.

Big Macintosh spoke up for the stressing Twilight. "We're fine, why don't you send out the letters?"

"We're on it!" Scootaloo pulled away with the invitations and the fillies in her scooter. Twilight's other eye twitched at a slower pace when she looked at the skid mark the scooter left.

Spike started to clean the skid marks with a bucket and towel. "That was exhausting."

"At least that was the worst of it," Twilight finally stopped twitching.

"Are you sure you wanna go through with this?" Big Macintosh asked his marefriend.

"What else could go wrong?"

***

"Rainbow Dash! Rainbow Dash! RAINBOW DASH!" The rainbow maned pegasus was pulled from a blissful nap by the calls of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. She glared at them from her cloud over one of Ponyville's parks. She wanted to catch up on all the naps she had been missing because of Twilight's personal crisis.

"What?" She looked down at the trio. Apple Bloom had a megaphone to amplify her voice while Sweetie Belle waved a pair of flags to get Rainbow's attention. Scootaloo decided the honor of passing the letter to Rainbow Dash was the most important role.

"We're having a party!" Sweetie Belle stated.

Scootaloo waved an envelop back and forth. "I hoof made the letter myself."

Rainbow Dash reluctantly left the comfy cloud and landed next to the Cutie Mark Crusaders. She opened the envelope, and was almost blinded by the colorful letters and glitter.

In honor of Twilight Sparkle and Big Macintosh's new relationship, we are having a celebratory dinner tonight at Books and Branches Library at 6:00.

"You're going to come, right, everyone is gonna be there?" Scootaloo asked.

"Twilight and Big Macintosh know about this, right?"

"It was Twilight's idea," Sweetie Belle said.

"Actually it was Pinkie's but Twilight seemed to like it," Apple Bloom said.

"Who's gonna be there?"

"All of us, Rarity, Spike, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Twilight and Big Macintosh of course, Granny Smith, and mah sister."

"Your sister is going to be there?"

"Of course, its all about family. We're going to deliver her letter after we go to Fluttershy's. We gotta get going so we can come back and get to Sugarcube Corner and help Pinkie Pie."

"We can't wait to see you there!" Scootaloo made the decision for Rainbow Dash. She scooted off before Rainbow Dash could question the crusaders further or say no.

"Bye," Rainbow Dash waved as they left. She flew to the library to find Rarity there with Big Macintosh and Twilight.

"So this party is legitimate then?" Rarity asked. "Rainbow Dash, here to give congratulations to the lucky couple."

"What's going on?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"We got caught up in the moment when Apple Bloom found out about the relationship and decided to throw a party," Twilight said.

"It's going to go great," Big Macintosh forced a smile.

"Your sister-" Rainbow Dash began.

"Won't explode in front of Apple Bloom, and the party will at least force her to deal with it," Big Macintosh said.

Rarity smiled reassuringly. "This plan sounds fabulous."

***

Applejack grinned and beared it when Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo handed her the invite to Twilight and Big Macintosh's party. Apple Bloom was hard enough to resist, but she could not say no to the three pairs of large, expecting eyes.

After a few hours of apple bucking to work off her anger, she walked Granny Smith to the library. "Ain't this party gonna be fun Applejack?" Granny Smith suggested.

"Sure, gonna be a real hoot."

"I know Big Macintosh’s relationship was a bit of a surprise but it is all okay if he is happy, right?"

"His happiness, right."

"If not for him, how about for Apple Bloom. She was all excited about deliverin' that letter. You know as well as I do this party just ain't for the happy couple."

Applejack sighed and released a couple days worth of tension. "I'll be on my best behavior."

Granny Smith smacked the young mare on the shoulder affectionately as they reached the entrance of the library. "Good on you." A tastefully decorated library awaited the earth ponies. Paper streamers of warm orange, red, and yellow hung from the ceiling, interwoven with purple and blue flowers. A single table with a yellow cloth was set to one side, covered with hors d'oeuvres, drinks, desserts, and a main meal of egg salad.

Applejack's friends stood scattered around the room. Big Macintosh had the attention of Rainbow Dash, Spike, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle. Twilight, Rarity, and Fluttershy stood to one side. Applejack watched as Twilight whispered something into Fluttershy's ears, and the yellow pegasus's eyes widened momentarily. Applejack was not sure if it was something Twilight said or if it was because Applejack was here.

Twilight's eyes followed Fluttershy's gaze and she spoke up upon seeing the last invitees. "Ah Applejack, Granny Smith, you’re here." The unicorn now had the attention of everypony in the room and decided to use it as an opportunity speak. "I want to thank you all for coming here today, and would further like to thank Pinkie Pie for setting up the decorations and food for our dinner tonight. Does anyone know where she is?"

"She just said her Pinkie Sense was stringing and that she had a surprise for you," Sweetie Belle explained.

"Stringing?" Twilight repeated.

"It's just Pinkie Pie. You had something more to say," Rarity said.

Twilight found herself at a loss for words when she considered Pinkie Pie's potential surprises. Big Macintosh spoke up for the suddenly nervous mare. "We just wanted to thank you all for being there for us and supporting our relationship." He shot his sister a look before continuing. "Ah know its probably a surprise to everyone, but it works for us and that’s all that matters in the end..." Big Macintosh trailed off as he looked outside.

Every pony in the room turned their attention to an inflating Celestia bounce house just outside the library. There was a solid minute of silence as everypony gazed at the structure. "Pinkie Pie?" Applejack called from the doorway.

The pink pony appeared from the opposite side of the bounce house. She hopped over to her friends. "What's that for?"

"I'm not sure, I just know that I needed it," Pinkie Pie explained.

"Pinkie Pie, what is the surprise you said you had earlier?" Twilight pushed passed Applejack.

"Well my Pinkie Sense said I needed to go to the train station and I waited there for forty five minutes, but then my spleen told me whoever is coming to surprise you will find their own way and that I need to set up the bounce house immediately for their arrival," Pinkie Pie explained.

Twilight scratched her head. A question started to form on her lips when a blue unicorn stallion rounded the bounce house. "Dad?"

"Twilight!" Night Light ran over to his daughter and hugged her.

"Is Twilight here?" Velvet emerged a second after her husband.

"What are you doing here so soon?" Twilight asked her parents as she hugged her mother.

Velvet jumped with joy. "We got your letter."

"And you came immediately?" Twilight asked.

Velvet could barely contain her excitement. "You said you have something important to tell us."

Twilight sighed, raking her hoof through her mane. "Mom you figured out what the letter said without me actually writing anything."

"Give me a break, Twilight. You’re my daughter and I write an advice column. I know how to read between the lines. Now where is the lucky stallion?" Velvet’s gaze left her daughter in favor of looking around for Twilght’s coltfriend.

"That would be me, ma'am. I'm Macintosh Apple, but everypony calls me Big Macintosh," Big Macintosh emerged from the library and introduced himself. He pressed himself against his marefiend affectionately. Applejack watched the meeting with interest. What did not occur was an awkward silence or anger like she expected.

"He's handsome," Velvet complimented the red stallion.

Night Light was quiet for a moment before extending his hoof. "It's nice to meet you, son."

"It’s a pleasure to meet you sir," Big Macintosh shook the hoof vigorously

The moment was broken when Velvet noticed the mares trying to discreetly watch the meeting from the Library windows. At least Fluttershy and Rarity tried to be discreet. The remaining adults and fillies gawked openly. "Is something going on?"

"We're just having a party," Twilight explained.

"For our arrival? How did you know?" Night Light asked.

Before Twilight could answer Pinkie Pie spoke. "Your other guests are here!"

Everypony looked towards the sky as a dark green meteor aimed for the library. Instead it struck the inflatable Celestia, popping the structure. The meteor shattered like glass, revealing that it had been a spell shield containing three stallions and a royal carriage. "That was pretty good for your first time, Young Blood," Silver Lining said as he emerged from the carriage and deflating bounce house.

"I feel sick," Young Blood said, crawling out of the wreckage.

"Your landing could use some work, Silver Lining," Shining Armor said. He was the last one to emerge from the crashed carriage and destroyed bounce house.

"Shining Armor?" Twilight asked. She was apprehensive about her brother’s sudden appearance. An equally nervous Applejack backed into the library when she realized her letter had a quicker reaction than she intended. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to help you," Shining Armor said.

"Your sister is perfectly fine, Shining Armor." Night Light tried to reassure his son. He could sense both of his children’s nerves fraying. For the exact reasons he wasn’t sure.

"Didn’t you get a letter?" Shining Armor asked.

"We did, from your sister. Did you send something to your brother?" Velvet asked, also confused.

"Twilight didn't send me anything," Shining Armor explained.

Big Macintosh chose the worst time to be friendly. "Ah think there may be some misconceptions happening here."

Shining Armor turned towards the red stallion, the fact he butted into a family discussion riling up the already agitated Shining Armor. "Who are you?"

Twilight put herself between her coltfriend and her brother. "This is my coltriend, Big Macintosh."

Shining disappeared in a flash of magic. Big Macintosh twisted his head around, looking for his marefriend's brother. His head whipped back around painfully as the sucker punch connected. He slumped to the ground, dazed, blood dribbling from his busted nose and a coppery taste spreading over his tongue. Applejack galloped to her brother's side, he was already trying to rise.

Shining Armor's horn started to glow again, but he found himself caught up in a familiar purple aura. He tried to teleport again, but was held fast. Twilight sagged on her hooves as he made a third attempt, but he remained anchored.

Night Light interposed himself between the two younger stallions. His son continued to struggle against Twilight's magic as the big, red stallion rose on unsteady legs.

"Macintosh." Applejack rose a hoof to help steady her brother, but he shrugged it off.

"Ah'm fine." He spat a mouthful of blood into a nearby bush.

By this time, both parents had moved between the two. Velvet stomped a hoof indignantly, trying in vain to get her irate son's attention. "That was uncalled for, young man!"

"You should be ashamed of yourself, using a technique like that on an innocent civilian!" His father stared him in the eyes.

"Innocent my ass, he's a married stallion carrying on with my sister!" He made another teleportation attempt, trying to get at the red stallion again.

The purple aura around him flickered and failed. The fighting paused, a loud thump echoed through the stillness as Twilight collapsed.

Comments ( 106 )

I'm not fond of the chapter title. Any suggestions?

Well that went about as well as could be expected...

yep twilight beats up her brother

This does not look good for Mac:pinkiegasp:

:facehoof: Shining Armor you are an idiot... Epona and Gaea what will Cadence do when she finds out...

hurry up and POST THE REST DAMNIT!!! :O :O :O

1497897 Punch Drunk Love? (sorry, couldn't resist the terrible pun)

1498002 Does not look good for Mac? More like does not look good for Applejack. :ajsleepy: There are PLENTY of ponies in that room from Ponyville (including Big Macintosh's grandmother and youngest sister) who can vouch for him not only having never been married, but only having one (short lived) romance with another marefriend that was YEARS before he met Twilight. I can picture AJ being outright disowned as a sister after this.

Oh, boy. Forget what the Apples will do to her. Think about what Shining Armor will do to Applejerk when he realizes that he's been lied to by an idiot.

Oooh, A.J. see what you've done?! Someone's really going to get it when and if this is straightened out(which it hopefully will be).Now I REALLY can't wait for the next chapter!!

The purple aura around him flickered and failed. The fighting paused, a loud thump echoed through the stillness as the spellcaster collapsed.

Wait did Armor or Twilight collapse?

1498238

I've been having issues with choosing between names and pronouns. It is Twilight collapsing. Anyone else think I should change it?

1497897 Just wanted to say I'm loving this story. And I'm sure Applejack is gonna get a lot of hateful looks for what she did. And she deserves it! She had no right to do what she did, even if she thought she had good intentions. As for a title chapter? Chapter 12: CRASH! BOOM! POW! :pinkiehappy:

anyone else get the feeling that Shinning Armor wasn't quite miss informed there.

I imagine Big Mac giving a yell that even Luna will think it' too loud when he discover it was Applejack who wrote the letter :eeyup: "APPPPLLLLLLEEEEEJJJJJJAAAACCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

When I read 'married' I was like :rainbowhuh: I had to go back and read Applejack's letter to Shining Armor. I forgot that she called it an affair.

Hope Twilight's okay. And Big Mac too, since Twilight's not keeping Shining Armor back anymore.

Well at least Aj is starting to deflate a little and Shining is in for a world of hurt and not from Mac :twilightangry2:. At least Twi's parents seem to like Big Mac for what little time they got for introductions -> sirs, ma'ams and a respectful hoofshakes are a good start
Books and Branches-> I thought it was called the Golden Oak Library but I gotta good laugh with that
1498269 nah (unless your going for suspense or just making it more clear Twi passed out), I don't think magically fighting a Guard Captain would be much good for a pregnant mare, even if she is the element of Magic
Titles? um how about - A Party and Introductions. or Meet the Family... that's all i got. I'll work on it :trixieshiftleft:

I'm Hopeing that Granny Smith is going to set everyone straight in way that only an old pony like her can

1498238

Well, considering it was Twilight casting the spell at the moment I would say it was her

1498375
well yeah, but at the same time Twilight held Armor he tried a teleport spell. Could have been that she released the spell and he got knocked out. But 1498269 already said it was Twilight.

1498416

Yes but failed. Teleportation either works or it doesn't, I don't think it works over time.

1498427

Yes there is also a built up of magic when it comes to teleportation, and as much as I love world building, this isn't a story about magical theory. Simply put it Twilight blocked the teleportation. The question is in the final sentence should I change it from the "spellcaster collapsed" to "Twilight collapsed."

1498539

I recommend it. It's switch it or deal with people constantly asking whether you meant Shining or Twilight

instead of spell caster put twilight it would clear up confusion like what i had until i read the comments

Emotional but not moody, sometimes funny, sometimes serious and filled with an overall cuteness. This is sooo good. :rainbowdetermined2:

What is with the "Celestia" bounce house? Is it a Canterlot shaped bouncy castle, is it meant to be completely random (because Pinkie Pie), or am I missing the point?

Speaking of missing something, I reread all the chapters when Shining Armour said Big MacIntosh was married. I think that 1498309 has the right answer with Shining Armour misinterpreting the letter. The only other possibilities I can think of is that Shining Armour heard about the love poison incident, or that Big Macintosh has been hiding a past relationship, which is very unlikely.

I have a horrible feeling that either the fact that Twilight is pregnant or that Applejack sent the letter to Shining Armour is going to be revealed in the next chapter. Either of these scenarios would be bad. The former would enrage Applejack and Shining Armour further, and may sour things between Big Mactintosh and Twilight's parents. The latter would turn everyone against Applejack, and unlike Twilight, who would usually rethink her position after such an event, like at the Canterlot wedding, this will only pressure Applejack into taking more drastic actions to, in her own mind at least, prove her right.

I'm also interested to see how Young Blood is going to get involved, as it seems at the very least he can get along with Shining Armour professionally, despite the supposed unpleasantness in the past.

Anyway, great chapter and I hope to see another one soon. Keep up the good work, as this (along with Sparkling Cider/Old Traditions and A Canterlot Courtship) is one of my favourite TwiMac stories.

1499018

What is with the "Celestia" bounce house? Is it a Canterlot shaped bouncy castle, is it meant to be completely random (because Pinkie Pie), or am I missing the point?

It is literally a Celestia shaped bounce house because it's Pinkie. Imagine somethig like this but with Celestia.

I think that >> Evilpresident has the right answer with Shining Armour misinterpreting the letter.

*nudge nudge cough cough wink wink ROAD FLARES*

1498309
It could be that Applejack thinks that Big Mac should be 'married' to his work, and that this 'affair' is a betrayal to his family.

1497897 A Twilight family argument

AJ is an asshat. The End. :twilightangry2:

Mildly concerned about Twi collapsing like that at the end. I'm wondering if the shit storm is about to be interrupted by Mac frantically rushing her to the hospital.

I doubt AJ meant anything other than that it was a secret relationship when she called it an affair. She was totally out of line for sending the letter, but I don't think she was intentionally lying.

Shining Armor on the other hand is overreacting and misusing his authority, but I can't help but wonder how much what he has done would have been tempered by the knowledge that Mac isn't actually a married stallion.

Anyway, this has been a very entertaining story so far, I'm glad I saw it go by in the featured box earlier. You have definitely earned yourself another reader.

1499045
Why are you giving the secret signal to shut...oh. (Anyone get the reference?)

... Anyway, I have another question. Did your version of Nite Light (aka Twilight's father) used to be a royal guard like Shining Armour is now? Its just that the wording he used with Shining Armour (specifically "civilian") sounds like something only someone with a military or similar (such as police) background would say.

1499646
That would explain a lot about Augar, who only seemed to care about getting the most productivity out of Big Macintosh, and AJ seems to be the one most attached to her grandfather. It also might explain Applejack attempts to get Fluttershy and Big Macintosh together, as marriage in the past (and to a certain extent today) has been more about what a partner can bring to the family (e.g. money, rank, alliance) than romance. Fluttershy's skill with animals, as shown with the swans, would be invaluable on a farm.

1502559
A rush to the hospital at this point would be bad, as that could lead to the reveal that Twilight's pregnant. Also, I imagine Shining Armour would still be angry even if he didn't think that Big Macintosh was married, because as the way he sees it, anyone going after Twilight is bad news and not worthy of her, especially some farmer Casanova (which he will probably see Big Macintosh as).

Dammit cliffhangers!!! :ajbemused:

Still not really buying Twilight just collapsing like that. Besides, nobody else besides her and Celestia (and probably Luna) seem to have Teleportation down. I don't understand how simply blocking it would be so taxing on the blocker, but cause no backlash to the teleporter? Though, I guess you can go where you want as far as world-building with the magic, it just seems a little counter-intuitive.

1503513

Maybe she has some kind of parasite leeching away her magical stamina.

For a title, "Big Brothers and Bounce Houses"?

I hope Big Macintosh and Twilight are going to be fine... and I think Applejack is going to be bucked...

1503762
fim.413chan.net/fim/src/129923751541-MLP_I_see_what_you_d.jpg

And in the next chapter, all the characters in the story will as well!

1503513
It could have something to do with her pregnancy. While Twilight is a good magic user, blocking magic as complicated as a teleportation can be very taxing.

:twilightoops::twilightoops::twilightoops::twilightoops::twilightoops::twilightoops::twilightoops::twilightoops::twilightoops:
OMG i Didnt see that one coming

Hey! You deleted a chapter :flutterrage:

:fluttershyouch: please post it again? :fluttershysad:

mee want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:applecry::applecry::applecry::applecry::applecry::applecry::applecry:

Pleeeaaassseeeee post! I love this! :applecry::applecry::applecry::applecry::fluttershbad::raritycry::raritycry:

Why is it, that most of my favorite stories tend to be the incomplete ones? Please this story deserves to continue.

I'm telling you people, SHIT WENT DOWN. :ajsleepy:

You know, I'm not fond of playing dirty, but AJ already went there, so Twilight should play the guilt card on Shiny by bringing up the facts that he didn't listen to her about Chrysalis...and that he apparently didn't even tell her about him and Cadance until the wedding invites went out! Maybe that'll at least get him out of the way long enough to deal with AJ.

Is this story going to continue on? Because I wanna see how this goes.

please, please, PLEASE update this story.

Login or register to comment