• Published 2nd Mar 2016
  • 3,773 Views, 10 Comments

Sunshyne Pets - Michael Hudson



Fluttershy wants to confess to Sunset, but how exactly she gets the courage is a touch... unorthodox.

  • ...
5
 10
 3,773

Courage

Fluttershy peaked out from behind the bush as her heart pounded in her ears. She could see those beautiful rays of red and gold that she had been walking with for the past two weeks. Those strands of hairs had beaten out any of the sunrises the two had shared while talking, growing closer, and for her, falling in love.

She had decided almost a week ago though that her feelings were real, and had wanted so badly to say something. Everytime she had tried though, she just… couldn’t. Instead, she just stood there like an idiot until Sunset asked her what was wrong, and she would say nothing, just like the coward she was. Fluttershy shut her eyes against the thoughts, trying so hard not to linger on it.

Today though, she was determined to do it. It didn’t matter if she could only see her before her school day began so her human self wouldn’t see her, she would be with her beloved. She would stomp out there, tell Sunset how she felt, and they would get together, just like in Rarity’s romance novels.

She took one hoofstep out from behind the bushes, and froze as the sound of her horseshoe clattered against the cement. Sunset’s head perked up, and Fluttershy’s heart almost stopped. She wasn’t ever going to be ready. She should just run away to her hut once Sunset left, and never leave it again. With her plan set, she dashed back, rustling the leaves in the bush as she did so.

She shook within her leafy confines, and watched as best as she could as Sunset got closer and closer. Now that the woman was near, she could see just how much she must have grown while she was human too. Oh, that’s just another reason why I shouldn’t have thought this would work!

“Fluttershy, is that you?”

She froze, before looking back up, and seeing Sunset look down upon her. She wished she was a unicorn right now, because then she could just teleport away and be safe. But no, instead, she would need to speak. “Y-yes.”

The woman squatted down and pat her leg, causing Fluttershy’s ears to twitch as she wanted to go forward. “I… How are you a pony right now? I thought the portal changed everyone who went through it.”

Fluttershy slowly pulled herself out of the bush, her ears flat against her head as she stayed low to the ground. “T-Twilight made me this necklace, and, well, it… you know.”

Sunset reached down and touched the blue ring around the pony’s neck. “Fascinating. I’ll definitely need to talk to Twilight about it. Though,” she paused while moving her hand to Fluttershy’s chin. “What brings you here?”

Now was her chance. Now she could tell Sunset exactly what she wanted to. Yes, all Fluttershy had to do now was to open her mouth and say why she was there. It wasn’t too late to salvage this mess, and it could still work… couldn’t it?

She opened her mouth, and nothing but a small squeak came out. The sound was not simply her failing voice though, but the sound of her heartbreaking. Fluttershy wasn’t stupid, and knew how stupid she must have looked, or the fact that she would never be able to do it now. Why she ever thought she could, she didn’t know. The one thing that stopped her from looking down, was Sunset’s hand, that made her look up. She made eye contact with the yellow girl, and her heart stopped as she heard, “I love you too, Fluttershy.”

Nothing made sense for her at this point, and she just let her mind go quiet as Sunset gently picked her up. On autopilot like this, she whispered, “How did you know?”

Sunset slowly moved Fluttershy so that she was cradling the small mare, gently rubbing her belly as she walked. “Well, I think Twilight ships us, as she sent me a message last night that you might not be able to say what you wanted to, so I would need to. Of course, when I’m gushing about how kind and sweet you are, while you’re asking for a special necklace, she may have just put it together.”

Fluttershy joined in her small chuckle as she felt her nerves begin to calm with each circle rubbed across her belly. She then wrapped her hooves around Sunset’s hand, stopping her as she blushed. “Do… do you really think I’m that nice?”

Sunset stopped for a moment, before leaning back against a tree, and sighing as both of them slid down. “I’m honestly the one who should be wondering how you can like me, especially after what I’ve done to those I’ve loved. I-”

“Abandoned one, and used another, but that’s part of it.” She wiggled herself onto her hooves while staying in Sunset’s lap. “You’re so confident, and ready to do what you think you need to. Watching you try to help others… I’m supposed to be the element of kindness, but I don’t do even half the things you do.”

She jumped a little as she felt Sunset’s arms wrap around her neck, and could feel Sunset shudder as the woman’s head touched the top of hers. Looking up, she could hear Sunset whispering, “I don’t deserve you,” which she knew simply wasn’t right. She stretched out her neck, and nuzzled her crush on the cheek.

“Y-you don’t get to decide that, not when it comes to who I l-l…” She shut her eyes for a moment, before looking into the watery, turquoise eyes of her Sunset. She was now behind, but she was about to rectify that She had to.

“I love you, and you can’t stop me from doing that.”

Sunset blinked a few times, before laughing a little bit, and wiping at her eyes with a sleeve. “I… I don’t know what to say.”

Fluttershy nestled into the spot between Sunset’s legs. “Don’t say anything, and we could just sit here. Cuddle a bit maybe?”

Sunset smiled, and ran her hand along the back of Fluttershy’s neck, causing the mare to hum in response. She then leaned back, and continued to pet her while the two watched the sunrise.

Comments ( 10 )

This was cute

I just got Diabetes from the adorableness of this story. Great job.

That is a lot of yes my good man! Loved it! :heart:

Uh...I hate to be a downer but I'm a little confused at which fluttershy we are dealing with here...due to anatomy differences and the mechanics of the portal and all.

What? Why is she a pony?

6994493 Twilight crafted a magical necklace which enabled Fluttershy to cross through the mirror without its magic changing her physical appearance.

Now, having said that, I am having a hard time grasping how this helped her try to confess her feelings. I mean, it likely helped make her more comfortable that she was in a body she was used to, but apart from that I'm not honestly getting it. I could just be missing something.

The part where Sunset picks Fluttershy up and pets her like she's a puppy is cute, though.

I 1-1? Other than that, adorable and short. Nice job on this one.

Nice, cute,and adorable....LOVE IT! :heart::rainbowkiss::pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment