• Published 1st Nov 2015
  • 2,408 Views, 50 Comments

The Moon and Its Sun - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



Luna finds herself caring for a filly Celestia.

  • ...
4
 50
 2,408

Motherly Love

Luna sat in the middle on the room, frustrated and confused above all things, as she rubbed her aching temples. Celestia ran cheerfully about the room, jumping from one bed to the other, without a care in the world. Then again, only being a filly, what can anybody really expect her to do? Luna knew for sure what she wanted; to wake up from this horrible nightmare.

Luna held her head in anguish, a headache making itself present within her brain. After a minute more of running around, the sound of clopping hooves suddenly ceased in front of her.

"Mom? Is something wrong?" the little god bound filly asked with a hoof on Luna's shoulder.

Luna gazed up at her older sister who had apparently now become her daughter. She'd expect a foal she actually gave birth to, to refer to her as their mom, not her own sister. She desperately needed some answers, and through her stress, she contemplated asking Twilight for help, but she didn't think even Twilight would know what to do!

The lunar goddess only stared for a few more moments before softly answering,"Yes...m-mommy just has a headache."

Already with enough stress from the general idea of the situation, she decided to go along with it as to not upset Luna and possibly make her cry, which was the last thing she needed. Then suddenly, wishing she was napping, there came a tapping, as if somepony rapping, rapping at her chamber door.

"Ugh, who could that be at this time of night!?" Luna groaned ass he got to her hooves and groggily made her way to the door. "If this is some trick, I am not in the mood so I suggest you take your leave." Luna stated firmly.

There was the hort ambience of silence of which Luna had been begging for since she had gotten out of bed to her sister being turned into a filly.

"Luna....it's just me." said a voice Luna had not heard for many a millennia, and was one she hadn't forgotten since she herself was a young filly. "Why haven't you raised the sun yet?" the all too familiar voice asked.

Luna was now shaking, her knees threatening to fall from beneath her, she froze.

"Are you gonna open the door, mom?" Said Celestia who flew up to perch herself on her 'mother's' back.

With a gulp, Luna reached a shaking hoof out to the door handle, turning, turning it, ever so slowly. With a click the door began to open inward, which Luna took a step back to avoid being hit by the door. In came a tall white mare who beared both wings and a horn. She had a long and messy red mane much like Twilight, and a tail to match. Her eyes were of a sky blue color, and her cutie mark was that of a quill in an ink jar. Luna couldn't believe her eyes, her mother who she has not seem in so many years, walked in as if everything was okay.

Luna wanted to be mad, but she missed her mother so much. Too much so that her anger didn't even matter, and tears began leaking from her eyes.

"M-mom?" she asked, her voice shaking like the rest of her body.

"Um...last I checked, I am your mother, so..." said Faust with a hoof to her chin.

Unable to hold it in anymore, the lunar goddess threw herself into the mare who only lived in fairy tales, fables and legends, to everypony else on Equus. "It's been so long, mother!" Luna cried,, burying her weeping face into Faust's chest.

Faust seemed rather confused as she only tilted her head, but being the loving mother she was, she returned Luna's mournful embrace.

"Luna, whatever is the matter? What do you mean it's been so long? did you have a bad dream?"

Luna wanted to yell still, but she couldn't find i in herself to do so. She began to think things through.

She woke up to Celestia being a filly, claiming she's her mother. Suddenly being the one who has responsibility over the sun, and Faust seems to be back just like that.

To her, nothing adds up. Of course nothing adds up! This can't be real!

Right now, all she wanted to do was to embrace her mother who she'd not seen in thousands of years. She didn't know if this was reality or not, nor did she care.

"I love you mom," Luna managed to finally say. "I love you so much!" Luna dried her tears, hugging her mother as tight as she could.

Faust was taken back by the sudden burst of affection, and being a mother, she was just fine with that. "I love you too, my little Lulu." Faust said ever so softly, as she held Luna in her forelegs. She smiled and plated a soft kiss on the tip of Luna's horn.

"Tia, come here," Luna reached a hoof out to her 'daughter' and pulled her in for a group hug.

Celestia giggled. "Love you mom! Love you grandma!"

"We love you too," said Faust in a gentle voice.

The held each other for a few more moments before Faust decided to be the one to break the hug first. Luna sat smiling up at her, tears staining her cheeks with thin trails. Luna knew this must be some sort of vivid dream, even more so that the others. She'd had plenty of dreams of her mother's return, but this one just seemed to real. She had felt every aspect of it, from the tears sliding down her cheeks, to Faust's cold breath down her back as she held her, and her movements weren't comparable to that of of turtle since in most dreams, one finds them self barely able to move at will, if at all.

But what if this wasn't a dream? What if she was stuck here in this alternate reality? Is Luna the high ruler? What about Faust? Who did she even have a relationship strong enough with to even have a child?

All of these questions flew through her mind yet she couldn't seem to find a reasonable explanation to either one of them. If she could go back, if the chance were to present itself, would she go? Back to where nopony really cared about her besides the mane six and her sister? Or stay here where she was the mother to her own sister, and to have her own mother back? But wouldn't that be selfish?

"Mom?" Lun asked.

"Yes, Luna, dear?" Faust replied in her usual sweetened tone, wearing the same small generous smile as always.

"Um...last I checked...Celestia was my older sister, and she was the one who would rais and lower the sun, and me the moon, and you weren't around at all. So, what's going on?"

Faust only tilted her head in confusion.

"What do you possibly mean? This is how things have always been. Did...did you have some weird dream? Are you feeling okay?"

Faust put a hoof to Luna's forehead.

"You don't seem warm at all, so what's the matter? Celestia has always been yours as well as Twilight who is in magic school. Do you not remember? Did you hit your head really hard or something?"

"No, I...I don't know...I..." Luna stuttered, still unable to think straight.

"Luna, get your rest, I'll take care of Celestia, and I'll raise the sun for you. But this just means you're doing it tomorrow and the day after that, since today was your turn." Faust stated firmly.

Luna nodded. "Okay mom. Celestia, go with Faust, okay?"

"But I wanna stay with you, mom..." Celestia pleaded, hugging Luna's right foreleg.

"Tia, please listen...mommy needs her rest."

"Okay..." Celestia trotted over to Faust where she flew up onto her back. "Sleep well mamma!" She said with a smile as Faust trotted out of the room.

"Breakfast will be done in a bit. I'll wake you up then." Faust said before closing the door.

Luna now sat alone in the room. She didn't want to be alone right now. She wanted to go back home, yet she wanted to stay at the same time. She was suddenly a mother of two, and she's always wanted to have a child. It was quite ironic her sister and best friend suddenly became those two daughters. She knew how a parent should always be there for their child, and since in this reality Tia was her child, she decided she'll be there for her as long as she is here.

She got up and ran out of the room after Faust. "Mom wait up!" She called out.

"Luna?" Faust turned to see Luna galloping up to her. "I told you to rest."

"I don't need rest." Luna said firmly as she came to a stop.

"Then what do you need?"

Luna pointed a hoof at Celestia.

"Mommy!" the destined sun goddess chirped, and jumped from Faust's back and into Luna.

Luna couldn't fight the smile that spread on her face, even if she wanted to. She held Celestia tight, gently nuzzling her cheek. She'd made up her mind. The two things she has always wanted most in life were now right in front of her. Her mother, and a daughter of her own. The stress was suddenly gone, and she couldn't be happier.

Author's Note:

Five moustaches for whoever can catch my Edgar Allen Poe reference in this chapter. It's quite obvious actually XD ALSO I'm having a hard time deciding who should be Tia's father.

Comments ( 29 )

The adorableness is strong with this one.

So cute hope to read more soon

I am disappointed with the "not clop" thing going on here. :duck:

I swear I read a story like this before. I remember, I read a story like this from the point of view of Celestia being Luna's and Twilight's mother but with Faust nowhere in sight. I believe It is called "Me and my Daughters" by TheFaceofMercy. Now all we need is one from Twilight and Cadence's points of view.

6658724 Sorry to disappoint, but this will contain ZERO clop. I can't believe people actually do all that "clopping" crap. its just disgusting! Over ponies? Seriously!?

6658887 I agree with you there. Blech!!!! :rainbowwild::applejackconfused::twilightoops:Ooh, this is getting interesting!!!!! :pinkiehappy: I like it!!!!!

6659235 I dont judge people, but i have two acceptions. Cloppers and supporters of ISIS. now i dont go making their lives miserable, I just tell them its wrong in every way

6658887
You'll get there. Someday. :trollestia:

6659275 Oh, I don't judge either. I do say that I think it's wrong if it gets brought up, though. What I don't get is why someone expects clop in a story like this. I mean, it's rated E for goodness sake!

6659297 want any kind of clop from me, read my story "The Costume: Wild Ride" its about 15% clop so very minimal. Has an anthro Rainbow Dash as a stripper.

6659304 RIGHT!? I get so many requests for clop, but i cant stand clop. it sucks i have to use ponies in bras and panties for cover art as the best thing when it comes to my anthro stories...

6659376 The Costume 2: Wild Ride, sorry, forgot the 2

6659352 It's against my Christian belief in so many ways, and besides that, I'm under eighteen, so it's really not legal for me to read. It also has absolutely no appeal to me, ponies or otherwise. Just the thought disgusts me. Sorry for the rant! No, actually, I'm not sorry. This is what I believe. I just hope I wasn't ranting.

6659417 Its cool. I hate every thought of every form of sex.

6659446 Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel too. I understand that it's necessary in reproduction, and so after marriage is the only time it's permitted. I don't think it should be something that's written about or shown, however. I mean, that's just ick on so many levels.
6659346 If you hate clop so much, than why do you have a story with some in it? Peer pressure?

6659483 peer pressure exactly. I hated having to ruin one of my stories with it...

6659503 They have no right to tell you how to write YOUR story. Is having no clop against the rules? No, it most certainly isn't. Is not listening to the commands of complete strangers with no legitimate complaint against the rules? No, it definitely isn't. Therefore, since it is YOUR story, they have no rights with which to argue. They don't like nonclop? Then they don't have to read nonclop. It's THEIR decision. It's not like you promised them anything. They don't get a say in how you write YOUR story.

6659531 I know, I know, and I pretty much write based of what people tell me.

This is a great start! I can't wait for more

A THEIF STOLE THE NEXT BUTTON!!!!! SOMEPONY CATCH 'EM!!! :pinkiegasp:

Oh this looks like a good start, will there be more?

Comment posted by Dillmccathron deleted Aug 7th, 2016

7259247 commas, commas, has thee ever heard of them? XD

as to not upset Luna

Last time I checked, Luna was trying not to upset Celestia. So what happened there? Did Luna and Celestia suddenly switch places?

Finish this if incomplete or update status please.

Nooooooo, whyyyyy. This story looks so good!

I NEED MORE ADORABLENESS update it plz

Login or register to comment