• Published 1st Nov 2015
  • 2,404 Views, 50 Comments

The Moon and Its Sun - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



Luna finds herself caring for a filly Celestia.

  • ...
4
 50
 2,404

C-Celestia?

Author's Note:

Some silly story I decided to start because why not? I hope you enjoy :D

knock knock knock! came the sound of three knocks of a hoof on the large purple painted doors.

Luna lit her horn with her blue magic as she turned her head back to face the balcony doors. The same dark blue aura surrounded the golden handles, opening them. Standing there with a smile was the solar goddess, Princess Celestia, her rainbow mane flowed with the wind, her eyes sparkling under the moonlight.

"It's beautiful out tonight, isn't it Luna?" Celestia asked as she stepped out onto the balcony, closing the doors behind her.

"Why yes it is," Luna replied softly as the cool winds whipped around them. Luna had just raised her moon, a quarter full, among the stars that decorated the lightly clouded night sky. "Just to think, I was there for a thousand years..." Luna looked down in sorrow, since she could never forget what she had done as Nightmare Moon.

"It wasn't your fault Luna," Celestia said, as if she knew Luna was blaming herself for her actions.

"I know, it's just that ever since that happened, looking at my moon has never been the same. I feel the joy from it's beauty, as well as regret because of how I was foolish to think I could make it last forever." She let out a heavy sigh as she looked to Celestia who gazed back at her with a sincere smile.

"It's alright Luna, it happened a long time ago. You couldn't help it what happened. Just know that you're doing better now, and try not to think about it much, okay?" Celestia hugged her stressed sister, in hopes to lift her spirits.

"Thank you, Tia," Luna smiled slightly.

"Now, lets head off to bed, shall we? It's getting late," Celestia smiled at her younger sister as she left the balcony.

"I agree," Luna yawned, following her sister back into their room. "It's been another long day," she said as she took her crown and shoes off with her magic, setting them down on a nearby dresser.

After that, she climbed into her bed, covering herself with the large purple blanket, which had the image of a crescent moon in the middle. She faced Celestia as she laid down into her own bed on the other side of the room, after placing her shoes and crown on the dresser as well.

"That it has, Luna, and we all just need a little rest." Celestia closed her eyes, and slowly drifted off into sleep.

Luna lay awake still, staring up at the ceiling, wondering what Celestia had gone through while she was stuck on the moon. She could only imagine the pain and sorrow of having no choice but to send her own sister away for such a long period of time. She wished she could just go back in time and fix what she had done wrong, but she knew it wasn't possible. Even if she time traveled, she would only be there for a short time, to try and persuade her past time self to change her mind about trying to make the night last an eternity.

She wondered how many ponies had missed her because of her wrong doings, if anyone at all. And because of her actions, she wasn't there to say her last goodbye before her closest friend passed. A blind filly named Snowdrop. The pony reasonable for the snowflakes during winter, the pony reasonable for making others see the glory of night, and the wonders is brought. Because she turned bad, it ended up with Snowdrop alone once again to those her bullied her for being blind and such.

There was so much she wish she could fix, and try to start over again, but there was no possible way of doing so.

Luna turned to her side, laying her head on a foreleg over her pillow, finally deciding it might be best to try and get some sleep. Still with so much stress on her mind, it had taken a while to accomplish, but she managed to finally fall into a deep slumber.

When she awoke next morning, right away she noticed something was off. She always woke up at the same time everyday, like her body had set a systematic alarm within itself, and usually, with waking up comes the squinting of her eyes adjusting to morning light, but when she looked out of the window, she came to find it was still dark out.

Confused, she turned to face Celestia's bed, and the large lump in the sheets that would show she was there, didn't exist.

"Maybe she's gotten up, but hasn't raised the sun yet?" Luna thought as she sat up in bed, trying to focus on what she could in the little amount of light.

She yawned long and loud, stretching her limbs to get ready for what should be a beautiful morning, which followed with the rubbing of her hooves on her eyes. She then got up out of her bed and began to head for the door which lead to the bathroom. It was closed as usual, and the light hand't been turned on.

"Tia, are you in there?" Luna whispered with three knocks on the oak wood door. She got no answer. She asked again, but still got no reply. She then contemplated if she should open the door to see if Celestia was inside, but if she was, she would have answered, and the light would be on.

She shrugged as she then walked over to the door which lead out of the room, under the pale moonlight, which hardly served her with enough vision to see properly. The floor boards creaked under her hooves as she came to the door. She was about to open it when;

"Achoo!"

Luna suddenly whipped around, searching the room for the source of the sneeze. It certainly wasn't Celestia, the sound was way too high pitched to match Celestia's.

"Show yourself!" She said into the darkness. She lit up her horn to light the room better, followed by a facehoof that she could have done that before to see.

Nobody showed up, so she decided to investigate. Judging by the fact it sounded like the sneeze of a filly, she decided against threatening whoever might be there. But what filly or colt in their right mind would break into their room? For what purpose? The windows were still intact, she made sure the balcony door was locked, which it was.

There appeared to be no signs of forced entry, and the room door was locked too. Teleportation into the room wouldn't work, since it had been sealed off from the outside. Plus there were guards who would have seized the intruder before they even got close, and would have come to warn them.

"Aaachoo!" the 'intruder' sneezed again, but it sounded as if it were right next to Luna.

She turned her gaze to Celestia's bed, to see a small form squirming under the covers. Slowly she approached the bed, and with her magic, she drew the covers back.

Her breath was suddenly taken from her body as she let out a loud gasp at what was right before her.

A white filly who seemed to be the age of five lay in the bed, with a bright pink flowing mane and tail, and two large magenta colored eyes. She had a horn which stuck out of her mane, and two wings on her sides, and she looked a lot like;

"T-T-Tia?" Luna took a step back as she filly reached out for her.

"Mamma!" Said the filly.

"What? No!" Luna became light headed, hoping this was only a dream. Her vision became blurry as her eyelids became heavy, and with a loud thud against the floor, she fainted.

"Mammaaa!" The filly whined.

She wasn't out for long, maybe just a few minutes, but when she finally woke up, Celestia had laid herself down against her chest, looking up at her, with a bit of her mane in her mouth. It took her some time to register this, and remember what had happened as she came back to what she hoped wasn't reality, and she'd wake up anytime now to a sunny morning, and tea at breakfast with her sister.

She sat up, and rubbed her aching temples. Celestia began giggling as she rolled across the floor with a wide grin. She sat watching as Celestia played on the floor, trying to figure out what could have possibly caused this, and only came up with one solution. The god of chaos:

Discord.