• Published 25th Oct 2015
  • 5,682 Views, 149 Comments

The Stars are Not Our Friends - Zangetsu675



Twilight notices a strange star one night while stargazing. It was not a star. Enter the Humans!

  • ...
26
 149
 5,682

putting a call out to you all

I have something of a problem here. To put it bluntly I'm running out of ideas for characters. With a story like mine that spans a multitude of races and cultures I find that coming up with new characters is becoming a problem. As such I am reaching out to you all for character ideas. they can be any cannon race within the MLP:FIM show, human or one of a few others. If you would like to speak with me about this, please PM me. I will hold all final approval power but I am open to almost anything at this point. This problem will persist and so long as this posting stays up the opportunity is still there. Know that I am still working on this story even if at a slow pace. Characters submitted and approved may be used for either a minor or major role or maybe even both. Characters submitted and approved may not appear for several chapters but know that they will appear.

Thank you in advance and good day.

Comments ( 16 )

7093919 2 million years is longer than the entirety of human history at the point that they left Mother Earth...recorded or not.

Hey. Sorry I never submitted. I got pretty busy with life. The STARR tests are coming up so I'll be a bit busy for longer. In a few weeks time I won't be studying much so I'll help. I'll still help, whenever I can. Have a nice day.

7093871
While I see what you're trying to do here, the statement is still confused. Regardless of how you want to define each specific portion of the sentence, the fact remains that they have the same definition. If he wanted it to explain how many people die at a younger age due to accidents, he could have said that.

7094040 what state is that test from, or did you mean Texas's STAAR (State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness) test?


Also, I don't have a character to submit now, but I /may/ make one later - all up to whether I remember, and if I can come up with one that isn't terrible.

I'd be interested in helping but I can't right now.

7094158 i would like to quote you this:
'By Dr Ananya Mandal, MD

The terms “life expectancy” and “lifespan” describe two distinctly different things, although people tend to use these terms interchangeably.

Life expectancy refers to the number of years a person is expected to live, based on the statistical average. This statistical average is calculated based on a population overall, including those who die shortly during childbirth, shortly after childbirth, during adolescence or adulthood, those who die in war and those who live well into old age.

A number of factors influence life expectancy including gender, race, exposure to pollution, education status, race, income level and healthcare access. Modifiable lifestyle factors such as exercise, alcohol status, smoking status and diet also influence life expectancy. Therefore, life expectancy is highly variable from one individual to another. However, epidemiologist and statisticians still note trends and patterns in terms of life expectancy across data sets obtained for various geographical areas.

Lifespan, on the other hand, refers to the maximum number of years that a person can potentially expect to live based on the greatest number of years anyone from the same data set has lived. Taking humans as the example, the oldest documented age reached by any living individual is 122 years, meaning humans are said to have a lifespan of 122 years.

In mathematical terms, life expectancy refers to the expected number of years remaining for an individual at any given age. In formulaic terms, life expectancy is denoted by ex, where “e” represents the expected number of years remaining and “x” represents the person’s present age.,

as you can see they are not the same thing and infact are not the same definition as you stated. i hope this helped you understand a bit better, and i hope i got to teach you something interesting today. have a great day my friend.

source: http://www.news-medical.net/health/Life-Expectancy-Versus-Life-Span.aspx

7104530
My point STILL stands. It was poor story-telling.

If he wanted it to explain how many people die at a younger age due to accidents, he could have said that.

7108092 actually the time dilation effect is quite insignificant on this one due to the speed at which they are traveling (21 kps). for every 60 seconds that the humans on the ship felt it was really 60.000000147204 seconds. this is mainly the reason why i have yet to broach the subject of special relativity in my story as it was inconsequential to the overall time span of the journey. over the course of 20 million years the total time dilation would be 6.307200015474 seconds. that would never even be noticed.

SSSoooo.... the humans seem to be more machine than organic. Why do they think the ponies have some kind of nanites as part of their overall makeup? And why didn't twilight get the chance to tell them about "magic" ? Why aren't the humans all atwitter about the subject of "magic" ?

7104530 actually, the longest recorded human lifespan was 969, the longest modern human life span was 122.

https://www.fimfiction.net/group/212269/advanced-humans

I'm looking for good advance story, and this I pretty good one.:twilightsmile:

Will there ever be more chapters :D!

7445280
Bullshit, no one has ever lived to 900 years old, it may as well be physically impossible if our bodies are at such as state that they are at 90!

Holy mother o' crap. This was one of the stories that inspired me to first begin writing sci-fi!

Remember that (shameless) dump of a garbage fire that was me posting a link to my first story in the comments? Geez, was that a long time ago. 39 stories later and I'm quite surprised that this still hasn't updated since then.

Two years is a while for a story to sit in hiatus. Mind if I help out a bit? I've certainly got some ideas going, even if I hardly remember the plot of this story anymore without re-reading it from the beginning.

I've got a cheater for you his name is grim dash and hers an image of what he looks like and he's 18 years old by the way.
https://www.deviantart.com/fire-girl872/art/MLP-Shadow-Revamp-337549697

9859267
theres Occam's razor fallacy: the simplest solution is not always the correct one and some of Occam's razors many variations "the simplest explanation is usually the right one". “the simplest solution is almost always the best” and "entities should not be multiplied without necessity".

Login or register to comment