• Published 25th Oct 2015
  • 5,642 Views, 149 Comments

The Stars are Not Our Friends - Zangetsu675



Twilight notices a strange star one night while stargazing. It was not a star. Enter the Humans!

  • ...
26
 149
 5,642

Chapter 4: Planet Fall

-------------------------------------------Canterlot Guard Station 3-------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------Orbital Day 7 : 0830 hours-----------------------------------------

Sitting in the confines of a grey stone room normally used for criminal questioning, Captain Shining Armor looked at the teal mare in front of him in disbelief. “I’m sorry Miss Heartstrings, but did you just say you saw them?”

“Yeah, and they were so cool looking too! They were on their hind legs like a Minotaur, and they had this dark grey plating, like a changeling, covering a blue hide underneath. And they had Hands like a Minotaur, to!” The mare rambled on an on.

“Hold on there Ma'am, let me get a sketch artist in here.” Shining Armor said, nodding to one of the guards at the door.

--------------------------------------------------I.C.S. Ptolemy-------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------Main Bridge-------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------Orbital Day 7 : 0900 hours-----------------------------------------

Captain Adam Stratos read his orders coming in with a gleeful smile on his face. His crew finally had their orders. Now it was up to him to make sure that everything went smoothly. He stood up and cleared his throat, gaining the attention of everyone on the bridge. “Listen up! We have our orders! The Ptolemy is to be the forerunner of the Forward Operating Base procedures. Helmsman take us down to stationary orbit at 500 kilometers. XO I want all weapons systems trained on the outskirts of the designated drop zone. I want CIC to have the preparation for citadel planet fall completed in the next 30. This is not a drill people! We are now going loud.” As he finished speaking, chatter erupted from the bridge personnel, as they began relaying orders to all personnel around the ship. Captain Stratos turned to his XO after he had finished relaying all orders. “XO relay orders to the recon teams to stay outside both the drop zone and the weapon blast zones. tell them to keep on guard for anything approaching. Have them use warning shots and non-lethal munitions only. We don't want to kill any locals and have a war as soon as we land.”

“Understood sir. Also we were made aware that teams 1 and 5 were spotted.” the XO said.

“That doesn’t even matter anymore. Soon the whole planet will know we are here, if they don't already.” the captain said turning back to the large monitors displaying the drop zone.

----------------------------------------------Ponyville Train Station-------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------Orbital Day 7 : 01030 hours----------------------------------------

Twilight walked off the train with her head hung. She had failed. No, they had failed. She and her entire team had been charged with finding out more about these ships, and what little they had found only left more questions. The science was simply too far advanced. How had they made those thing. They were so huge! Just what were these beings capable of? But Twilight couldn't stew in her thoughts for too long as she was greeted by a hyper, pink mare wrapping her up in a hug out of nowhere.

“ OHMYGOSH, OHMYGOSH , OHMYGOSH! YOU'RE BACK! Oh, I missed you sooooo much! Did ya miss me?! Huh, didja?! Pinkie Pie squeed as she bounced up and down while hugging Twilight tight around the barrel.

“Hey Pinkie. It’s good to see you too.” Twilight said, looking up at the pink bundle of joy with tears in her eyes and a smile on her face.

“Awwwww! Twi, why are you crying? Come on, don't cry. Here, let's go back to Sugarcube Corner for a sunday. That’ll cheer you up. Plus Spike and all the girls are waiting for us there.” For once pinkie pie looked at her friend in worry.

“Thanks, Pinkie. That might just help.” Twilight said, trying to dry her streaming eyes, as they started the walk from the station into town.

------------------------------------------Planetside Desert Drop Zone---------------------------------------

------------------------------------------(A.K.A. San Palomino Desert)--------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------Orbital Day 7 : 01030 hours----------------------------------------

This dessert was surprisingly cool, in fact it was more that it was dry rather than it being hot that had him so thirsty. Sergeant First Class Maxwell Valencio drained the last of his water from his canteen. “Well at least we can get a resupply once the citadel is dropped.” he commented looking longingly at the empty container. The sergeant and his squad of 5 were trekking across the dry, cracked land towards the drop zone. “How far until the target, Evans?”

“According to the GPS, another 1.2 kilometers sir.” Corporal Evans replied, constantly checking the small device.

“Good. We should get quite a show here soon ladies and gents. Drop is at 01100 hours so let's get a move on and get that point secure!” The sergeant said rallying the group's energy once more.

“Sir, Yes sir!” the five Troops behind him shouted, beginning their last leg of the hike.

-------------------------------------------Ponyville: Sugarcube Corner---------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------Orbital Day 7 : 01058 hours---------------------------------------

Twilight sighed, finally having calmed down. Her friends had been there to help comfort her, and the icecream was also helping. Smiling and happy she was content for the moment. Then the noise came. “What is that?! It sounds like the world is burning!”

“Not the world! The sky!” Rainbow Dash yelled, her hoof pointing out the window.

Twilight ran outside and what she saw scared her half to death. A huge object was descending from the sky over the San Palomino Desert. From the looks of it, it was as wide as Canterlot city, and almost as tall as the mountain that Canterlot was build into. Flame shot out of massive ports along the object's body, as large metal plates flipped up from the structure. It trailed clouds of billowing smoke as it seemed to fall in slow motion. Twilight charged her magic as she prepared to teleport to get a closer look. With a determined look on her face she disappeared in a flash of lavender light.

------------------------------------------Planetside Desert Drop Zone---------------------------------------

------------------------------------------(A.K.A. San Palomino Desert)--------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------Orbital Day 7 : 01100 hours----------------------------------------

Twilight reappeared well into the San Palomino Desert, much to her alarm. She had over shot. “OH BUCK THIS!!!!!” she screamed as she galloped for her life, the shadow she was in growing ever darker by the second. The ground began to rumble beneath her hooves, the very air growing hot around her. Within the gathering clouds of dust rising from the the earth, Twilight saw a black smudge. She suddenly realized that the smudge was growing closer. “BUCK THIS DAY!!!!” she yelled in equal parts terror and frustration.

------------------------------------------Planetside Desert Drop Zone---------------------------------------

------------------------------------------(A.K.A. San Palomino Desert)--------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------Orbital Day 7 : 01100 hours----------------------------------------

Sergeant Valencio was surveying the wide expanse of the drop zone through his rifle's scope as the citadel descended from orbit, when a bright flash of light caught his attention. Zooming the sights in on it he saw on of the equine creatures galloping towards him, and away from the falling tower. “OH FOR FUCKS SAKE!!” the sergeant screamed and bolted off. This was not good. One of the locals in the drop zone? How had this happened? He had to move faster. He had to get there and get that one out! “Limiters off! Pain receptors off!” he commanded, and his bodies neural systems complied. His boots hit the ground again and he was off. His cybernetic functions took over, pushing him farther and faster than any normal being could move. the biological tendons in his legs rupturing, and what few bones he didn't have reinforced powderized. He couldn't feel it but he knew that under the suit his skin was blistering from the heat of the reverse thrusters meant to slow the massive citadel’s descent. He knew that his body would need to be replaced. He had really screwed up this time. First his squad had been seen and now this? He was just another 30 meters out from the creature but, the citadel was only 45 meters up and closing fast.

As he reached it, he scooped it up under one arm despite its struggling and used his old training from his days in boot camp to perform a shuttle and sprint back the way he came. This creature was a purple horse with both wings and a horn. It had a lavender coat with a pink and purple mane. It continued to struggle for about two seconds longer before it looked up in horror. The citadel was only 5 meters up from them and he could tell that the metal beams that made his body move were beginning to turn to slag from the heat. Then the horse in his arms did the last thing he expected. It lit up its horn and they were gone in a flash of light.

Author's Note:

Whew! alot of location and time jumping in this one. sorry for all the page breaks that were needed.
but this is how i have been and will be doing time, location and character shifts. i helps me to read it in the old cliche sound effect that movies use when text is scrolling across the screen.