• Published 1st Oct 2015
  • 5,979 Views, 82 Comments

My Little Sunset: Magical Girl - madhat886



The changlings have taken over and all hope is long as none is left to stand against them. But in another world there is still one unicorn left. With the help of her old teacher's pet, Sunset must become the hero she always meant to be.

  • ...
36
 82
 5,979

Chapter 24

It started slowly at first, a traveler goes missing here and there, then a village goes silent before reappearing. The people look the same but act differently from what people who visit remember them, but often those visitors come back home differently as well. Then thanks to a UN squad sent to help with an humanitarian group, they discovered a village completely taken over by changelings. The soldiers with the humanitarian group managed to sent out a distress call before the signal was cut off.

That's when the attacks began to happen as Changelings knowing they have been found out no longer had to hide. They began attacking settlements taking as many as they could and striping them of anything useful to them. The terrorist groups began sending in waves of young men to fight the demons. Setting up witch hunts to find any Changelings who had taken human form but more often just end up killing fellow humans. Soon the entire Middle East was in flames as the different groups began fighting each other with many thinking that the other were Changelings. Which the Changelings help cause panic by replacing a member of the different groups to sow the seeds of chaos.

"The Changelings have cause most of the Middle East to be at war with each other and is causing unrest in the ones that aren't. They're taking the form of leaders and causing confusion in who is a changeling and who aren't. We already taking step in preventing things like that from happening as the Changelings are cold blooded and show up in body heat scans," Spitfire said to the brass.

"What of the troops in the Middle East?" one general ask.

"Barely holding on as they're under attack by factions that are using the chaos to say that they're changelings. The only country that is holding on is Israeli thanks to the magic lesson Sunset gave to Sonic Gust allowing her to detect changelings with her magic," Spitfire said.

"Sending our own magic users into that mess would just result in dead magic users," a general said.

"Seeing how the very people we're suppose to be helping be trying to kill us," Spitfire said.

"What does Sunset suggest?" one general ask.

"Pull our troops back and take those who they can with them. Sending troops to fight the changelings in that mess, would just result in a clusterfuck. The locals would be attacking the troops while the changelings sow confusion. And with a nest which would be underground somewhere in the desert, it be a long drawn out battle from all sides just to find it," Spitfire said.

"How would a nest be taken out?" a general ask.

"Take out the breeder who lays the eggs and the nest will fall apart. She could find it but she would have to watch her back with the locals. And she is still bond to Celestia because of the spell Discord cast on them," Spitfire said.

"And I'm not going to undo that spell or help with the Middle East," Discord said appearing.

"So you can't handle the changelings?" Spitfire ask.

"Oh I can handle them, I just don't care about the Middle East. Those people are no fun at all, with their they want everyone to respect their culture but have none for others. And seeing how oil is being replaced by magic, there is no reason to go and save their butts seeing how they aren't grateful for the help. Not to mention thinking that they're more important when they hardly done anything of worth, and no it doesn't count to point to how in the ancient past they did things. The only ones who get to do that is someone like me, seeing how I was alive back then," Discord said.

"How old are you?" Spitfire ask.

"Old enough where I would had been able to watch apes change into humans if I was on Earth at the time," Discord said.

"Wait I thought that you're younger then Princess Celestia," Spitfire said.

"I was already older then the princesses. It just that when I finally came to Equestria she and her sister were already ruling it," Discord explains. (1)

"So you suggest we just sit back and watch?" Spitfire ask.

"Seeing how they don't want you there in the first place. You all should just wait and watch. I know I'm going to be doing that," Discord said before disappearing.

Author's Note:

1 - It's never explained if Discord is the only one of his kind or there are more but they're spread out in other realms.

Comments ( 9 )

Weeelllll....thank you for being nice to Israel, that was VERY considerate of you...

It returns!
If my Bionicle OC was there his reaction would be. Time for a bug hunt, or time for a extermination run, hope we see some changelings burn.

10419081
Is that sarcasm?

I'm happy for a new chapter

10419183
No, I'm just aware how thorny of a political issue it was so I was trying- and failing miserably -to tip-toe through that while also expressing how glad I was he was doing this story again.

10567570
Tip: Make the reply, in the chapter it was in for a quicker response.

Those are an exception.

Login or register to comment