• Published 1st Oct 2015
  • 5,980 Views, 82 Comments

My Little Sunset: Magical Girl - madhat886



The changlings have taken over and all hope is long as none is left to stand against them. But in another world there is still one unicorn left. With the help of her old teacher's pet, Sunset must become the hero she always meant to be.

  • ...
36
 82
 5,980

Chapter 15

In the deep forest of Russia wilderness, Fading Light lead a party of soldiers riding in vehicles through the deep snow. The heat coming from her armor clan body melted the snow cleaning the path for the army vehicles to follow her. For the last couple of days the Russian army along with other military units around the world have been on search and destroy missions. The surviving Changlings have went into hiding and with their shape changing abilities made it very hard to find them. Any signs of them was quickly investigated and all leads followed. Which is the reason why Fading Light and the unit with her are searching the remote forest. The village nearby reported sightings of strange creatures in the nearby forest. The village housed a radar station built during the Cold War that is still running, a squad of soldiers look into the reports, searching the forest and came back with tales of horror and of Baba Yaga. Clearer thinking heads figure it must be a magic girl who took the form of Baba Yaga, and sent their own magic girl to find her.

"This is Fading Light reporting in. Where near the area that the soldiers found the Changeling bodies," Fading Light reported to dispatch. The unit remain in constant contact with the army HQ.

They reach the area that the soldiers found the bodies and saw why the soldiers were so shock and scared. The animals have been picking at the bodies but what remains could still be seen. It was like the trees became alive and killed the Changelings, branches have torn into the bodies leaving them to hang from them. And some trees seem to have grown jagged mouths to eat others, along the flood of the forest other Changelings have been pulled into the earth by the roots of the trees. The roots like the branches had either torn or shove themselves into the Changelings.

"This is a clear sign of magic, looks like the magic user has the power over trees," Fading Light ordered the soldiers with her. The soldiers got out of the vehicles and began searching for clues.

Fading Light watch as the soldiers search the forest for any clue of the magic user. She wish that she is able to sense other magic users like Sunset can, but she isn't a train magic user like she is. She received orders from HG to try to draw the magic user out. She lifted an arm up and pointed it into the air, firing a massive ball of heat into the air that lit the sky above. The sheer heat of the blast cause much of the snow to melt.

A soldier radioed in about something flying through the air heading to her. Fading Light look upwards around her till she spotted what the soldier saw. A flying mortar with someone riding inside of it. Once she's was close enough she saw it was a human dress in furs and wearing a stag skull as a helmet. The person held a giant mace that's shape like a pestle. (1)

"What do you want of Baba?" the woman as her voice revealed her as spoke.

"Baba if that's your name and not just using the legend. I am Fading Light and you are like me, a magic user. These creatures you killed are the Changelings and the government is gather as many magic users to combat this threat. You found a shard of a magic item called the elements of harmony which gave you the powers you have like me. More Changelings will come and while you dealt with a a group, I saw first hand how many there truly are. If our world is to survive we need to work together to stop them," Fading Light said.

"I watch TV and seen the attacks," Baba said as she floated down to meet Fading Light's eye level. "I will help along with my sister."

"Sister?" Fading Light ask.

Heavy footsteps were heard causing Fading Light and the soldiers to turn their attention to where the sound is coming from. Stepping out of the tree line is a wooden house walking on wooden chicken like legs. Standing at the door entrance is a figure dress in the same outfit as Baba. She is armed with a mini gun that is mounted on a turret in front of the entrance.

"I am Yaga," the sister of Baba said.

"Together we are the Baba Yaga twins," the sisters said at the same time. (2)

Author's Note:

1 - The Baba Yaga outfit from Tomb Raider

2 - Baba power of telekinesis
Yaga power of wood