• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 2,065 Views, 315 Comments

Our Love is Iron - Krovgor Warhawk



A remake of my first story with Sonata finding acceptance and love in the person called, Warhawk.

  • ...
18
 315
 2,065

X

Lessons and Bonds

When the bell to signal classes were over rang, Warhawk made his way to his car, thinking all the while about how the lessons with Sonata and her sisters would go over. He himself hadn't had the pleasure of hearing the girls sing, but from what he could gather they sounded like, according to Aria, screaming banshees. Since a banshee screams when someone is about to die, it was a clear indication that they're voices were, less than sub-par.

"But hey, as Brigitte says, 'no place to go but up.'," he thought.

As he was walking, he heard a commotion around the corner in the hallway. He speed up to see what had happened and he saw that a certain skinhead had knocked over a girl with light green skin, green hair, wearing a tan and brown sweatshirt with jeans and brown eyes.

"Stay out of my way bitch, I got detention today!" Axis spitefully said. It was if the man was an asshole by trade.

As he stomped away, the girl sighed and started to pick up her books. Warhawk than approached the girl and asked, "You hurt?"

The girl looked at him with surprise and said, "No, I'm fine."

"You want some help?"

She considered it for a minute but eventually nodded. With that gesture, Warhawk helped pick up some of her books; He then noticed that these were books on botany. "By the way, my names Warhawk."

"I know, your that guy who screamed at the entire school," Warhawk looked at her with some slight embarrassment, "I was their, in the background, with no one noticing, same as usual," she said quietly.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" asked Warhawk.

"Nothing." she quickly said.

"Okay," Warhawk said with some uncertainty. It was clear that this girl was not a social person. She was quiet, introverted, and slightly sad. "Same as me," Warhawk thought to himself.

As he continued to help the girl pick up her stuff, Warhawk remembered something, "You still haven't told me your name."

The girl sighed to herself before she answered, "It's Wallflower Blush."

"Nice name," Warhawk responded. Finally Wallflower was back on her feet with her books in hand. "Well It was nice meeting with you Wallflower, but I got to get going. I'll see you later."

With that said, Warhawk turned and left; once he was gone, Wallflower sighed to herself and began walking away.


Later that day

"Stupid phone g.p.s. keeps loosing it's signal. I seriously got to get my hands on an actual g.p.s." Warhawk sighed to himself. Than he took a good look at Arrow's house, "Still, at least I made it. Not bad place too. It looks rather picturesque, like the ideal American, suburban house of the 50's, got a white picket fence and everything...………….. no wonder Arrow can be such a tool at times."

Once he finished talking to himself, Warhawk got of the car and made his way through fence and up the porch. He pressed the door bell and waited for a bit.

Craw! Craw!

"The hell?" Warhawk said after hearing that noise and began looking for it's source.

Qlow! Qlow!

"The fuck is that..." Warhawk than found the source. It was a raven and a dove on a tree perched on opposite branches. The raven was, apparently, glaring at the dove looked like it was trying to be reassuring, or something; it was hard to tell considering that they were birds.

"Oi!"

The birds turned to see Warhawk glaring at both of them, "You two better not take a shit on my car or I'll go trunk monkey on your ass!"

Taking the hint, the birds flew off. Warhawk then turned back to the door, "Fucking birds, no wonder Shale want's to squish them all."

With his brief rant over and reference to Dragon Age Origins complete, he then rang the door bell. After a few seconds of waiting, the door opened to reveal a tall woman who had long silver hair reaching down to her waist. Her silvery blue eyes sparkled with her sky blue skin. She was wearing a black long sleeve sweater with a big white star on the front, a long white skirt with a white crescent moon on the right side, and a pair of black heels.

"Oh hello, you must be Warhawk. Welcome, my name's Selene."

She stretched her hand in front of her to offer a shake in which Warhawk obliged, "Thank you, I wasn't aware that Artemis had an older sister."

Selene's eyes widened for a bit and than brought her hand to her face and giggled to herself, causing Warhawk to raise and eyebrow.

"Oh I'm not his older sister, I'm his mother."

Warhawk widened his eyes in embarrassment, "Oh, I'm sorry?"

Selene giggled again, "Don't be, I'll take that as a compliment. Anyway the others are in Artemis's room getting ready, would you like me to show you?"

"By all means, lead the way."


"Warhawk sure is taking his sweet time getting here," said Daemon.

"I'm sure it won't be much longer," said Arrow.

"You said that ten minutes ago," said Aria.

"Well I'm sure of it this time," replied Arrow.

"You also said that ten minutes ago," said Aria, causing Arrow to wince and Daemon, Adagio and Sonata to snicker, "Now can we please just get this waste of time done already? This is stupid enough as it is!"

"But Jon hasn't shown up yet," argued Sonata.

"Does it really matter? This whole thing is pointless."

"Aria, we already agreed that we were gonna learn how to sing again," said Adagio "Now sit down and be quiet."

Aria grumbled to herself but complied while Arrow shock his head in disappointment. Fortunately they didn't have to wait long, as they started to hear the familiar voice's of Selene and Warhawk talking; unfortunately for Arrow, it was about a subject that he wished would be forgotten.

"I just thought that it sounded cool to have my son named after god," said Selene.

"But it's the name of a goddess, i.e. a girls name, and he's a guy. At least I think he is," said Warhawk.

"Alright smart guy, what would have named him?"

"Zeus, Odin, Tyr, Ares, literally any god out their that posses masculinity and badassdum."

"Ugh whatever, we're here now."

When the door opened up, Warhawk noticed a couple of things. One, Daemon and Adagio were smiling with amusement. Two, Aria and Sonata had a hand to their mouths, trying to contain their laughter. And three, Arrow looked at him with great annoyance.

Warhawk then pointed to Arrow and said, "You look like you really need to take a dump, you should probably take care of that."

That broke the dam. Everyone started laughing, Aria and Sonata especially, even Selene was laughing, much to Arrow's growing annoyance.

"What's going on here?" asked Diana after she walked out of her room.

"Nothing Shortstack, just being the butt of Warhawk's jokes again."

"But I wasn't joking," Warhawk said in a serious tone, "You really look like you need to take a mean one."

"But he always looks like that," Aria said in between her laughter.

Warhawk put his hand to his chin in thought for a moment, then said, "She's right, maybe it's from all that food you eat?"

Once again, everyone laughed and Arrow grumbled in annoyance.

"Gee, nice to know that my family loves and supports me," Arrow said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry son," said Selene.

"I'm not!" said Diana.

"Diana."

"Okay fine, I'm sorry."

Selene sighed to herself, "Anyway, I'll be downstairs if you all need anything."

"Thanks mom," said Arrow.

"And I'll be in my room just, hanging out I guess," said Diana.

"Thanks Shortstack."

Selene then closed the door, giving the group some privacy while Warhawk found a spot to sit. When he did, he took a quick moment to look around and found that Arrow had a couple posters of anime Fairy Tail and the video game series known as Kingdom Hearts. His attention then turned to Arrow, who was still giving him the stink eye.

"Why do you have to make fun of me Hawkey? I thought we were friends?"

"Wait we're friends? I always thought we were more like acquaintances," Aria snickered at that, "Also, I would appreciate it if you do not call me Hawkey."

"Aww come on, why not?"

"Just because your name doesn't fit your gender doesn't mean you should demean mine by dragging it through the mud."

"That's harsh."

"Arrow, it's Warhawk," Daemon pointed out, "what do expect from the guy, warm milk and cookies?"

"He has a point," said Adagio.

"Ugh whatever," said Arrow, "I didn't ask you guys to come here just to make fun of me and argue, I wanted to help Aria and her sisters sing again."

"But watching you suffer is so much better," said Aria.

"Come on Twin-Tail, throw me a bone here."

"I'll throw more than a bone at you if you call me 'Twin-Tail' again!"

"Alright, that's enough." said Adagio, "We didn't come here to make fun of Arrow, we came here to get our singing back."

"Thanks Adagio, now if you excuse me for a moment" said Arrow as he was getting up, "I'll be right back."

"Where you going?" asked Sonata.

"I really do need to go to the bathroom," Arrow said begrudgingly, making the girls snicker and Daemon to laugh, "Ha!"


After a few minutes passed, Arrow returned and was ignoring the smug look on Daemon's face, "Alright girls, now that we're all here, it's time we got started. I think the first thing we should do is start with a simple harmony and work our way up from their."

"And what should we do?" asked Daemon.

"Offer moral support, like I said."

"So basically me and Warhawk are just gonna sit here and do nothing?"

"I wouldn't put it like that, but yeah pretty much."

Daemon was a bit skeptical, but he nodded all the same. Warhawk complied as well.

"Alright then, lets start with a simple harmony and then work forward from there; sound good?"

Adagio and Aria nodded in agreement, but Sonata seemed hesitant. Picking up on this, Arrow asked Sonata, "You okay Sonata?"

"I'm sorry, I'm just a bit nervous about singing again. I mean last time we tried to sing, we were booed off stage and we got food thrown at us and it was just awful."

Arrow looked at her with pity and was about to say something to her, but Warhawk beat him to it, "Well it's a good thing that you're not on a stage and we don't have any food throw at you. So you got nothing to worry about."

"I guess so, you guys promise not to boo us?"

Warhawk looked at her with complete and utter sincerity, "I promise I will not boo, ridicule, or harass you in any way while you three learn how to sing again. Guy's," Warhawk said, drawing the Arrow's and Daemon's attention, "Promise these girls the same thing I just said."

Daemon and Arrow both looked at the three and said, "I promise too."

"You feel better now?" Warhawk asked. Sonata considered for a bit before she nodded and smiled a little.

"Great, are you three ready?" Arrow asked, this time all three of them nodded, "Okay, now repeat after me."

Arrow started out by singing a simple harmony for the girls to repeat as a warm up. When the girls tried to repeat it, they were completely off key. Adagio was annoyed, Aria was frustrated, and Sonata was dismayed. Arrow reassured them to not give up and asked them to try again. They tried again and again, but they just couldn't get it right, much to their frustration. Arrow tried to get them to try a technique he had learned from his mother that involved closing their eyes and imagining that they were on a stage alone with no audience, no spotlights, just them on the stage. They imagined this for a few minutes before trying to sing again. It had no improvement what so ever, in fact they sounded worse than ever. It wasn't long before the girl's frustrations began to boil over to the point that they started to fall back into old habbits and blame each other.

Adagio was the first to fall, "Come on you two, your not even trying!"

Aria was next, "Like you sound any better?! You sound like a dying banshee with a cat stuck it it's throat!"

"Excuse me!? How dare you talk to me like that you ungrateful troglodyte!"

"Oh what do I have to be grateful for hu?! Losing my magic? My voice? My Home?! Yeah thank's a lot Adagio, you really came through for us in the end!"

"Oh well look at you Aria, your just a little miss quick witted, miss sarcastic. If you had spent half as much time perfecting you singing as you do moping and complaining, we would have been queen's of Equestria a dozen times over by now and not be force to live in this rat's nest of a world!"

"And maybe if you actually thought your plans through for once, we wouldn't have been banished in the first place!"

"Well maybe if you two didn't spend so much time picking on me when we were younger, maybe we wouldn't be in the mess?" Sonata finally added.

"Oh like your one to talk Sonata," said Aria, "You haven't done a single useful thing or said something of note for your entire life! All you have done is just be the worst at everything you do!"

"Okay that's enough!" Arrow snapped, "You three have to stop this! You sisters, you shouldn't be fighting like this."

All three of the sirens turned to Artemis and shouted, "STAY OUT OF THIS ARROW!" taking Artemis by surpise as they went back to bickering.

"So this is what I get for looking after you two!? I would have been better off as only child!" said Adagio.

"Same here!" said Aria.

"Me too!" said Sonata.

"Well it looks we finally agree on something! I'm out of here, good luck without me!" Adagio shouted before she spun on her heel and started to march out the door.

"On no! I'm leaving first!" said Aria.

"Nu, uh. I'm leaving first!" said Sonata.

Soon the three of them were fighting to see who would get through the door first, all three of them were literally trying to fit through the door at the same time. Eventually they managed to fall together through the other side and landed on the ground. They quickly got back up and marched opposite directions.

The guys were completely taken off guard, "Well that just happened," said Daemon.

"What are we gonna do?" asked Arrow.

"I guess we should try to talk with them one on one?" suggested Warhawk.

"It's worth a try I guess," said Daemon.

The guys then went after one of the girls, Daemon looked for Adagio, Artemis for Aria, and Warhawk tracked down Sonata.


It didn't take Warhawk long to locate Sonata, she was sitting outside under a tree crying. It was a sad sight for Warhawk. In the back of his mind, he wondered if he could say the right things to Sonata to help her though this crisis. Finally he took a deep breath and walked forward. When he got close enough, he called out Sonata's name.

"Sonata?"

Sonata raised her head to find Warhawk looking at her. She sniffled a bit and rubbed her eyes before she spoke back in a broken voice, "Jon? What are you doing here?"

"Looking for you," Warhawk answered, "I was worried. Is it okay if I sit down next to you? You can cry on my shoulder if you want. I hear that's a good thing to do."

Sonata sniffled again before she answered quietly, "Okay."

Warhawk took a seat under the tree on Sonata's left. For awhile they just sat their while Sonata continued to cry. Then Warhawk noticed that Sonata was holding a jar in her hands.

"What is that?" he asked.

Sonata looked at Warhawk with an even more pained expression.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry."

Sonata sniffled, "It's okay," she raised the jar up higher for Warhawk to see better. Turns out the jar had what looked fragments of a red jewel, "This is what's left of my pendant."

"The jewel that allowed you to sing?"

"Yeah huh. After the Battle of the Bands, My sisters and I gathered what was left of our pendants in order to try and repair them so we could sing again. Any glue we used to try and put the pieces back together just fell back apart, so we just decided to keep them instead to remind us of home. But really, it just reminds me of what we lost, of what I lost! And every time I try to sing again, I just get homesick and sad. It's the worst! I hate that Adagio's plan's failed, I hate that Aria calls me the worst! I hate my sisters! And I know they hate me too!"

Sonata's rant ended with fresh new sobs as she buried her face again in her hands and on the jar. Warhawk was completely taken aback by Sonata's words. His heart swelled with pity for the poor girl. He took a deep breath, looked in front of himself, and said, "Family is complicated. I know that."

Sonata looked at him again when he spoke.

"Family is supposed to love each other, that's what I was taught anyway. My parents were the ones who taught that to me. And I always thought that they loved each other too. That they would look after each other and care for one another. My dad always told me that whenever you face a problem, you work it. You work the problem, you don't get frustrated, don't get upset, just grind and solve the problem. For years I believed that, still believe that."

Warhawk took a breath before he spoke again, with Sonata paying attention.

"Then one day, my mom pulls me to the side with tears in her eyes and says that she and my dad are separating." Sonata quietly gasped hearing that, "Something that I didn't see coming at all. When I spoke to both of them about it, they gave me different reasons for it, my dad saying that my mom can be a bit mean and anti social, where as my mom was getting a bit tired of my dad's fame, he was a weatherman you see. My dad said them my mom didn't go to any marriage counselors where as my mom says she did. I asked why they didn't go together and brought up working the problem to my dad, and he admitted that I had a point, but I guess he was just too tired to try. I don't really know who was right or wrong when they separated, but I know that it was hard on all of us, my brother especially. I had hoped that they would be able to get back together again, but that never happened. Family is supposed to stick together, but mine didn't."

"Do you hate them?" Sonata asked.

Warhawk turned to her and said, "No, they're still my parents, I love them, and they still love me. Sure they may not like each other, but they still care for me. Just like I know that your sisters still care for you."

"For realizes? How can you say that?"

"Because if you three really hated each other, you would have went your separate ways long ago."

Sonata was still unsure.

"Like I said, family is complicated; hell several of my mom's sisters have had unhappy relationships in the past, and when they saw that my mom had a better life than them, they resented her and my dad because of it, and it breaks my mom's heart. I don't want that for you or your sisters, because no one should have to go through life hating their family."

"I know that you've been hurt in the past, and I know that your hurting now, but please," Warhawk now had small tears forming in his eyes when he spoke, "Can you please learn from my family's mistakes and not repeat them? Because you don't deserve to go through that heartache."

Sonata couldn't take it anymore, she wrapped her arms around Warhawk in a tight hug which he returned. They stayed like that for awhile until Warhawk spoke again, "Are you ready to head back in?"

They broke their hug with Sonata saying, "Yes."


When Sonata and Warhawk reentered the house, they found Selene was waiting for them. She explained that she heard the commotion and saw the girls going in different direction; she asked Artemis what happened who explained the situation to her. After Artemis and Deamon found and talked to the other girls, they went back into Artemis's room and were waiting for them.

Hearing Selene's explanation, Warhawk and Sonata made their way into Artemis's room. When they got there, they found both Artemis and Daemon sitting off to the side, and Adagio and Aria with sullen looks on their faces that matched Sonata's own. Warhawk sat down next to the boys and Sonata made her way to her sisters. The whole room was silent for a few moments until Artemis spoke up.

"Well, Aria don't you want to say something?"

Aria shot him a look and Warhawk jabbed at his side muttering, "Let them speak at their own pace!"

After that the silence continued for a few more awkward moments, until Sonata spoke in a somber tone.

"I'm sorry for being the worst sister ever.

Author's Note:

Want to thank my good friend Antiquarian for offering me story advice, read his stories right now.

Stay tuned for part two

Comments ( 8 )
CSC

Nice update

...Well i need to get a move on with my part of this chapter. Also how come daemon can't be the butt of the joke for once! Lol jk it's really funny.

Woooo been a while. But glad to see this is still going.

What about Hephaestus?

9242022
Thank you.

9242061
Because he's a nice guy, and nice guys must be punished.

9242076
It hasn't been that long (looks to see last release date) Oh wait it has been a long time.


9242334
It least it's a mans name.

9242641
You think I'm bad? You should meet Antiquarian.

Login or register to comment