• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 2,054 Views, 315 Comments

Our Love is Iron - Krovgor Warhawk



A remake of my first story with Sonata finding acceptance and love in the person called, Warhawk.

  • ...
18
 315
 2,054

IX

Brilliant Plans and Balls

It was another Monday morning at CHS. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and Sonata was out in front of the school next to the statue in a kiss me both. Yep, last night Sonata got a 'brilliant' idea on how to get Souls attention and eventually make him her boyfriend. That idea came in the form of building a kiss me both in front of the school with intention of having Soul kiss her. She got the idea from her last visit at the state carnival, where she saw a similar both set up, with people actually lining up to kiss the pretty girl. In Sonata's mind, if she could get Soul to kiss her, then he would immediately fall in love and it would be happily ever after, and make a cool 25 cents.

Unfortunately for Sonata, not only is that not how true romance works, but this whole plan not only required Soul to be willing to pay for the 'services' that she would provide, but it also means that literally anyone could get in front of her booth, pay the fee, and get a smooch. And as if by some cruel joke of the spirit of chaos himself, someone was already in front of Sonata's booth.

"So I was right, you really are a whore," Axis said with venom as he looked at Sonata with disgust.

Sonata whimpered for a bit, but gained some confidence and glared back at Axis with her hands on her hips, "For your information, I made this booth for Soul, not for you."

Axis's eyebrows dipped down further, "Not only are you a skank, but also an idiot if you think that Soul would even consider paying you for a kiss bitch."

That got Sonata's face red. For months she had to put up with Axis tormenting her, insulting her, writing her that nasty letter. Well, she had enough, "Warhawk said I don't have to take any of your stuff, and even though he didn't exactly say stuff, he's right. So why don't you just leave me alone!"

Slamming his fist on the table, Axis got in close to Sonata's face, robbed her of her confidence and shouted, "Just try making me bitch!"

"What is going on here!?"

Axis and Sonata turned to see none other than Vice-Principal. She had her arms crossed and looked at Axis with disapproval, "Causing trouble for Sonata again Axis?"

"I was simply telling this freak what she is," Axis replied bitterly.

Luna's glare intensified and simply said, "Axis you will report to my office at once."

"But Vice- Princi-" "No buts! You just got yourself one week of detention young man, now move!"

Axis growled as he stomped away from Sonata and made his way to the school entrance. But before he entered, he turned around and said "You'll pay for this bitch! Mark my-"

"You just got your self two weeks of detention Axis!" Luna said with authority.

Axis growled again and shook with anger.

"You want to make it three!?" said Luna.

With that, Axis turned around and entered the school. Luna took a deep breath and sighed. She than turned to see that Sonata was looking down and depressed, "Why does he still hate me?"

Luna gave her an empathetic look, "It can be hard for people to let go of grudges Miss Dusk. Now would you mind explaining to me what this stand is for?"

"Oh. I made this stand so that when Soul this, he'll kiss me. And when he kisses me, that's when he'll say, 'Hey Sonata, would you like to be my girlfriend?" and I would say, 'For realizes?' and he would say, 'for realizes,' and then we'll kiss again, go out on dates, and then get married, and then have kids and live happily ever after." Sonata finished with a sigh and daydream look.

Luna just stared at Sonata for a minute before she put her hand to her face and sighed, Miss Dus- Sonata, I admire your optimism and I truly hope that you do find fulfillment in your life. However, I must ask you to please tear down this stand."

"What, but why?"

"You can't set up a stand on school grounds without asking for permission, especially a kissing both. Now hurry up and take this down, classes will be starting up soon."

"But how will I get Souls to kiss me and fall in love?"

"I'm sure you'll find another way to get his attention," Luna then turned to leave, leaving Sonata to sulk. She had come up with the best plan to win Soul's heart (In her mind) and now it was ruined before she had the chance. But then she remembered that gym was today and got another idea on how to gain Soul's attention.

"Time for plan B."


The Gym

It was now time for Physical Ed, and today's activity the coaches favorite sport, Dodgeball. Warhawk exited the locker room in his gym uniform with the look of someone who would rather be anywhere else but here. It didn't help that a certain someone was bothering him.

"You excited to play some ball Fennyo?"

Warhawk just eyed Treble with disdain per the norm, "About as excited as getting gonorrhea."

Zero than came to Warhawk and said, "Aw come on Warhawk don't be like that, dodgeball's awesome. It builds character and puts hair on your chest."

"Sure, because getting pelted by balls is always a great pastime."

"Someone's cheery today," said Daemon.

"Well this is mister miserable we're talking about so go figure," said Straight Edge.

Warhawk raised his middle finger to all of them, "You know fuck you all."

The guys just chuckled at Warhawks crude behavior after getting used to it. When he was done flipping the bird though, Warhawk looked around for a bit an noticed someone was missing, "Hey do any of you guys know where Artemis is?"

"I don't know man I didn't see him in the locker room," said Zero.

"He's probably running late," said Straight Edge.

"But Artemis is never late," said Warhawk.

"I didn't know you cared so much Warhawk," teased Daemon.

Warhawk's eyes narrowed, "I'm serious Daemon, he's gonna be late."

"Well there he is right now," Zero pointed out.

Sure enough, Artemis did enter the gym in his uniform, and he was wearing a particularly excited grin, "Sup guys."

"Cutting it pretty close huntress," said Daemon.

Artemis narrowed his eyes, ever since Warhawk told the guys that Artemis was the name of the Greek goddess of the hunt, they couldn't resist poking fun at him for it. Then he turned his glare at Warhawk who held up his hands, "Hey I didn't name you, your parents did. Blame them for your misfortune."

"Yeah besides Arrow," said Zero, "I think it's cool that your named after a god."

Arrow smiled a bit, until Warhawk said, "Yeah but they could have given him a masculine name like Zeus, or Apollo, Poseidon."

"Athena?" added Straight Edge.

"That's another goddess dude."

"Aphrodite?" added Daemon.

"Okay, now your just being an ass."

"Anyway," interjected Arrow, "the reason why I'm late is because I was with Aria earlier,"

"And the fact that your head is still firmly attached to your shoulders and not up your ass seems to indicate that it was a somewhat pleasant meeting." said Warhawk.

"Ha, ha," sarcastically said Arrow, "Anyway when I was walking to gym, I saw her trying to sing the them for Kingdom Hearts-"

"Simple and Clean?" interrupted Zero.

"That's the one."

"Man I love that song, who knew that Aria was into Kingdom Hearts."

"Yeah man, surprised me too. Anyway I heard her singing and, well." Artemis hesitated to say anything further until Daemon broke the ice, "Well what?"

"It was uh, not very good."

"Did you tell Aria that?" asked Straight Edge.

"If he did, you think he'd be standing here right now?" commented Warhawk.

"Yeah well, she was definitely surprised to see me catching her sing, and she did threated to break me legs. But than I offered to give her singing lessons for the showcase coming up in a couple of weeks."

"How'd she take that?" asked Zero.

"Well at first she was suspicious, but she warmed up to it saying something like 'not like I can get any worse'."

"What about Adagio and Sonata?" asked Warhawk, "I imagine that they would like to be able to sing again too. Plus, call it morbid curiosity, but I would like to hear the voices that supposedly can be used to enslave entire nations."

"Me too." added Treble.

"That does sound awesome, but what about the other students?" questioned Daemon, "You think that they might have a problem with you helping Adagio and her sisters sing again?"

"Who gives a shit what they think," said Warhawk, "If they don't like it than they can go fuck themselves."

"That's not how I would have put it, but I agree. I think Aria and her sisters have suffered enough and deserve to be able to sing again. In fact, Daemon, Warhawk, would you guys like to help me?"

"Us?" asked Warhawk.

"What can we do?" asked Daemon.

"Offer moral support, I know your close to Adagio Daemon," Daemon blushed a bit after hearing that, "and I know that Sonata and the others would be thrilled with you cheering them on Warhawk."

Both Daemon and Warhawk considered Arrow's words for a moment, with Daemon nodding and saying, "You know what? Yeah, I'm in."

"Me too."

"Great! The girls are gonna love this!"

"Speaking of the girls, here they...………. come?"

The guys looked at Treble, confused as to why he trailed off. They turned their head to see what he was looking at, only to be rendered speechless themselves.

The Dazzlings has indeed entered the gym wearing their uniforms, Only Sonata's uniform was, a bit on the small side. And by that, I mean that it left very little to the imagination. Her shorts were too short, her midriff exposed, and her shirt made it impossible not to notice.

Soon, everyone was gawking at her, from the boys with their slack jawed expressions, to the girls who felt a bit, inferior.

Adagio looked rather amused by the whole affair, while Aria just kept her hand to her face to hider embarrassment. Sonata herself, just retained her usual, blissful expression.

The girls saw Warhawk and his group and went to meet up with them.

"Hey guys?" greeted Sonata, "What's up?"

The guys were still shell shocked at what they had witnessed, much to Adagio's amusement and Aria's embarrassment, but Warhawk was able to recover first and spoke.

"Oh sweet green Jesus Sonata."

"Wha?" asked Sonata.

"What. The fuck. Are you wearing?"

"Um, my gym uniform?"

Warhawk became flustered at that response but was able to recover.

"Okay, let me rephrase that. Why is your gym uniform so small? Did you not have anymore in your size? The school would have gotten you a better replacement."

"No, I picked this one on my own."

"What!? Why!? Why would you wear that on purpose?" He than turned to her sisters, "And why would you let her do this?"

"I for one find it amusing to watch everyone here get all flustered by my little sister," answered Adagio.

"I tried telling her she was the worst for wearing that just to get space geeks attention," said Aria.

"Who?"

"The white haired kid, Soul……. whatever."

Warhawk turned to look at Soul and saw that he was big eyed and red in the face, in fact Warhawk could almost swear he saw some blood dripping out of his nose. He also noticed that Sunset was giving Soul an annoyed look with her arms crossed. Shaking his head at this, he turned back to Sonata.

"Sonata, please change your clothes."

"What?" a surprised Sonata said, "Why?"

"Because your degrading yourself wearing that," Warhawk explained, "I mean for the love of God, it's a miracle that your underwear isn't visible!"

"But, I'm not wearing underwear."

That caused every male to lose their balance save for Warhawk. He was stunned to do so. All he could do was stare in disbelief for a bit and let out some noises from his open mouth. Slowly, he turned to Adagio and Aria to silently beg for answers. Adagio just kept on smirking while Aria just let out a groan and said, "She really does forget to wear underwear from time to time." Then she turned to Sonata to say, "Idiot."

Sonata just looked confused at this ordeal which did not do Warhawk any favors for his sanity. He knew that the girl could be a dimwit at times but this really pushed it for him.

Fortunately, he was able to regain his composure and looked Sonata right in her eyes, "Sonata, I'm begging you, change, your, clothes."

"But this is my plan b for getting Soul to be my boyfriend. I don't have a plan c! How else am I going to get his attention?"

"Plan b? Well what was plan- You know what? I don't want to know. Look Sonata there are better ways to get a mans attention."

"But I already got Soul's attention, and everyone else's attention too."

Warhawk facepalmed himself, "That's not the kind of attention you want Sonata. Look, a man shouldn't be interested in you just based on how you look, or how little you dress. A man should like you for who you are."

Sonata than put her hands together in a begging motion up against her chest, a posture that threatened to break poor Warhawk.

"But..... but-"

"Oh fucking bullocks. Does anyone here have a spare change of clothes for Sonata?" Warhawk asked aloud.

"Don't worry Warhawk," said Pinkie as she appeared suddenly and reached into the nearby bleachers to pull out a spare uniform, "I always keep spare uniforms around CHS. In case of spare uniform emergencies."

Warhawk stared at Pinkie with a raised eyebrow for a bit before he took the uniform, "You keep spare uniforms around the school?"

"Yep!"

"In case you or anyone might need a spare uniform?"

"Yes sir!"

"Pinkie Pie, you are so...………….. predictable," deadpanned Warhawk.

"Well that's funny, usually people say I'm random."

"And that's so predictable of you."

Warhawk than turned around and presented Sonata with the spare uniform which she reluctantly took. She glared at Warhawk for a bit before turning around and headed back to the locker room. Warhawk took in a big breath and sighed to himself and shook his head, not noticing that his friends had come up to him.

"You did the right thing Warhawk," said Arrow, "I'm proud of you."

"Man, we could have had some eye candy for class," Zero said to himself. But then he realized that the others were glaring at him, Warhawk worst of all. Seeing this, he defensively raised his hands and laughed nervously, "I mean, yeah way to go Warhawk!" Warhawk just snorted at his response.

It didn't take long for Sonata to come out with a more appropriate fitting uniform, but she was obviously still miffed at Warhawk. He just scratched his head nervously in response. But before anything could come of it, Ironwill, the coach for CHS came in.

What followed was a series of grueling exercises, training regiments, and all manor of physical hellish activities. "Ironwill is impressed that you all managed to survive this long."

"Who does this guy think he is, a drill seargent?!" Warhawk thought bitterly.

"But now it is time for you all to play the ultimate of all sports, which is?!"

"Cricket?" asked Treble.

"DODGEBALL!" Ironwill shouted in Trebles face, sending him flying into the wall.

"For this particular game, Ironwill has decided that instead of picking team captains and letting them pick their teams, we are going to have the boys and the girls duke it out and see which sex is stronger!"

That got a mixed reaction from the students, many were confused, like Rarity and Clyde, some were excited, like Rainbow and Zero, and some were nervous, like Fluttershy and Swift.

"SJW's would have a fucking field day with this clown."

"You have five minutes to prepare, so get to it!"

With that, the boys and the girls went to two different sides of the gym to talk strategy.

"This is certainly, unorthodox," said Daemon.

"Yeah, I don't feel comfortable with this," said Arrow.

"The coach has put us in an impossible position," said Soul, "If we win, we just beat up some girls. If we lose, we just got beat by girls."

"Not to mention we're pretty much screwed," said Warhawk, "They got Rainbow on their team, she's the captain of every sports team in the school, and Applejack is exceptional competitor. Plus, Aria looks like she can scrap with the best of them."

"Come on guys," said Zero, "We cant think like that!"

"Look Zero," said Warhawk, "I appreciate what your trying to do."

"No you don't"

"...… Your right, I don't, but seriously we got to face the fact here. We're boned."

"Come on guys, we can do this!" said Zero, "So long as we believe in our selves, we can win!"

"Like the heart of the cards!" said Arrow

"You know that's complete bullshit, right?"

The others ignored Warhawk as Zero tried to rally the guys with a motivational speech and giving out pointless codenames.

"Are you with me?!" exclaimed Zero.

"Yeah!" everyone but Warhawk said.

"Then lets do this!"

One one sided beating later

"Nice try guys, better luck next time," said Rainbow.

The guys were all on the ground after suffering a thorough and crushing defeat from the girls. To say it was a battle was a lie, it was a massacre.

"Hey Zero, how do you feel now?"

Zero just groaned at Warhawk's sarcastic comment.

"That's what I thought."


After P.E., Warhawk got changed back into his usual clothes and was about to head to his next class, but before he left, he noticed that Sonata was leaned up against the wall, looking miserable. Warhawk felt guilty, for he knew exactly what was wrong. As such, he approached Sonata.

"Hey Sonata."

He got no response.

"Right, still mad at me. *sigh* look, I'm sorry about getting on your case about your clothes. I just, I just don't want you get taken advantage of, or give people the wrong impression about you. I don honestly wish you luck in finding a boyfriend, and Soul does seem like a good guy. I just, don't want you to hurt yourself along the way."

Sonata sighed, then she turned to Warhawk with an apologetic look, "It's okay Jon, I'm sorry for throwing that dodgeball at your crotch area."

Warhawk winced as he was reminded of the painful experience, "It's.... no problem," he lied. "But anyway, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What?"

"Well, I was talking to Arrow and Daemon earlier at gym, and again in the locker room, and Arrow want's to help you and your sisters sing again for the showcase, and he want's me and Daemon there as moral support."

Sonata's eyes widened in surprise, "FOR REALSIES!?"

Author's Note:

"I finally did it," said Fennyo, "I finally managed to make a new chapter."

His attention was then drawn to his virtual A.I. assistant as she spoke in a language that only he understood.

"Yes my friend, it has been rathar trying, what with reading my friend Antiquarian story and hearing how he managed to evade the angry mob, and me trying to create my future youtube channel, as well as binging anime and Voltron Legends, I'm ammazed I managed to get this thing done."

The A.I. said something else.

"Thanks for the kind words, soon everyone will know my name, and my true goal will finally be in reach."