• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 2,056 Views, 315 Comments

Our Love is Iron - Krovgor Warhawk



A remake of my first story with Sonata finding acceptance and love in the person called, Warhawk.

  • ...
18
 315
 2,056

V

Apologies

The next day

Warhawk had just arrived at CHS, during his drive to school and even as he got out of his car, he thought about yesterday. He wondered if he did the smart thing, standing up for girls he only just met, insulting the school heroes and by extension the student body, and generally making him a know figure when he would have preferred to stay in background.

But then he remembered when he first met Sonata and the pain she felt, he remembered the tears in her eyes when she was ridiculed in the cafeteria for falling in her Taco lunch, he remembered her crying on his shoulder when she needed to let out her sorrow after he helped her and comforted her. He remembered how Sonata and her sisters bore grateful looks to him after he virtually roasted the Rainbooms; and then he thought to himself, 'yes, it was worth it.'

Now he just had to deal with being a misfit like the Dazzlings, but if doing the right thing was easy, everyone would do it.

"YO FENNYO!"

"Aw shit not him."

Sure enough, Warhawk turned to meet Treble Mix and the rest of the new guys.

"Why do you keep calling me Fennyo? My name is Jon Warhawk."

"Yeah but your author is named Fennyo, though it used to be Grann until he decided to change it into a universal name that can be used for both a Fantasy and Sci-Fi setting. Of course his real name is-"

Suddenly the group heard a loud, growling noise coming from Treble as he began to clutch his gut in pain.

"Uh Treble, you okay?" asked Arrow.

"Yeah," Treble struggled to say, "I think the author is giving me explosive diarrhea as punishment," Treble's face contorted as he tried desperately to keep his bowels shut, "GOTTA GO!"

Treble took off for the nearest bathroom while clutching his buttocks, cursing the author for his misery which only made need to go even more.

Meanwhile, the rest of the group stared off in disbelief. "What is wrong with that guy?" asked Straight Edge.

"I imagine lots of things Punk," answered Damien.

"Anyway," said Arrow, "Warhawk, we kind of wanted to talk about yesterday."

Warhawk's expression turned into a slight scowl as he crossed his arms and said, "You think I was wrong in cursing out the school?"

Arrow shock his head, "No, you did the right thing. If you didn't do it, I would have, Although I probably wouldn't be as.... crass as you."

"I only said what I felt needed to be said, nothing more," replied Warhawk.

"Yeah, well you sure know how to roast people Warhawk, I'm impressed. Didn't think you had it in you," said Zero.

"Not sure if the rest of the school will agree though," said a downcast Warhawk.

Arrow walked up to Warhawk and placed his hand his shoulder, causing Warhawk to flinch a bit, "Hey man we got your back."

The other's nodded as Treble came back looking much more relived, "Ugh, I would not recommend going in the girls bathroom for a while."

The rest all looked at Treble with shock, surprise, and slight disgust. "You took an explosive diarrhea dump in the girls bathroom?!" questioned Warhawk.

"Hey man, the poop baby needed to be delivered, cause the last time I held one in, I literally shot off in the stratosphere."

"The hell is wrong with you?" asked Warhawk.

"Oh I'm just doing my part in this story, being a general annoyance to you." Treble answered with a smirk.

"You know, fuck you," said Warhawk as he flipped the bird.

The group was than approached by Soul Writer and two other boys; one with grey skin, black hair and blue eyes that wore a black t shirt with a basketball with a music note on it; and the other was light blue skin, brown hair and yellow eyes and wore a white shirt with a blue hoodie.

"Hey guys, how's it going?" asked Soul.

"It's going well and- HOLY SKAGFUUCK SOUL?!" shouted Treble

Soul looked confused until he recognized him, "Treble? How did I not notice you before?"

"Ah, laziness on the author's part I imagine."

"You two know each other?" asked Warhawk.

"Yeah, my dad and his dad use to work construction together," answered Soul.

"Soul, I know that this is an old friend but we came here for a reason," said the grey skin man.

"Hey wait a minute, you look almost exactly like me," said Zero who then began to look more closely and accusingly at the grey skinned man, "Are you trying to steal my look."

"What? No. I just.. look my name is Clyde and this is Swift."

"Sup."

"And I don't mean to sound rude, but we came here to talk to Warhawk."

Warhawk sighed and said, "Let me guess, this is about yesterday isn't it?"

"Yes it is," said Clyde, "I have to say that I don't really appreciate you insulting my friends and my boo."

Warhawk raised his eyebrow, "Who?"

"Rarity, my girlfriend."

"Oh, I see. So what happens know?"

Clyde looked at Warhawk with some anger in his eye's, but calmed down and said, "I get why you said what you said, heck if I found that note, I would be just as angry. But you need to understand that those girls did a lot of harm here, they tricked me into breaking up with Rarity. You can't even begin to imagine how much that hurt."

"They paid for their mistakes," answered Warhawk, "Now I'm not in the mood for a repeat of yesterday, so if you got anything else you want to get off your chest, just say so."

Clyde took some time to think before he responded, "I just wanted to let you know that I can forgive them, but I wont forget what they did."

"Fair enough."


After Soul and his friends left, Warhawk and the boys continued down the halls. Along the way, several students were whispering to themselves, undoubtedly talking about what Warhawk did yesterday. Though it was expected, Warhawk still found it annoying. Thankfully, seeing three familiar faces at their lockers provided some relief.

"Hey cheesepuff, how's it going?" said Damien.

Adagio turned around with a flustered look on her face as her sisters giggled at her expense, "I told you to stop calling me that you pond scum!"

"Heh, whatever you say... fluffykins," Damien said with a smirk.

Adagio's face went red from frustration and embarrassment, her now laughing sisters didn't help her situation any better.

"Hey Ari," said Artemis.

Aria stopped laughing and went back to her usually grumpy self, "My name is Aria you moron."

Adagio started to giggle to herself, "Not so funny now, is it?"

"Oh shut up cheesepuff!"

"Okay now, that's enough you two. You shouldn't be fighting," reasoned Artemis.

Aria just crossed her arms and huffed to herself, mutter something about being 'the worst', and Adagio just flipped some of her hair.

Then suddenly, the students began to talk louder amongst themselves.

"Hey, look who it is," one said.

"She's back," said another.

The group turned to see that they were being approached by Sunset and her friends. However, their was an added addition to the group, and new girl with light purple skin and dark purple hair.

Adagio narrowed her eyes and proceeded to walk forward to greet the girls, followed by Aria and Sonata. Adagio placed her right hand on her hip and smirked while Aria crossed her arms and scowled. Sonata placed her hands behind her back and looked slightly scared at the group.

Meanwhile, many of the students, including Soul and his friends, Axis, and Warhawk's group watched curiously to see how this would play out.

"Well, well, well," said Adagio, "Look what we got here. The whole band is back together, with Princess Twilight Sparkle, coming to grace this school, with her presence," she continued in a mocking tone.

Her words seemed to upset Rainbow and Applejack, but they restrained themselves.

"What are you doing here?" asked Aria, "Don't you have princessy stuff to do like, smile and wave or whatever?"

The girls looked nervous while the boys commented," Come on Aria don't be like that," whispered Arrow.

"Though she does bring up a good point, what is she doing here?" whispered Warhawk.

"I do more than smile and wave now but-"

"Then why have you come here?" interrupted Adagio, "Are you taking a vacation from your royal duties to catch up Sunset and the others?"

"She came here because I asked her to, because we have something important to say to you three," said Sunset.

"And what might that be? Is it a lecture on how wrong we were in trying to get this world to do our bidding and how friendship will always win in the end?" mocked Adagio.

"No that's not it," said Twilight. "The truth is," she paused to take a deep breath, "I came here with my friends so we could say.... we're sorry."

That took everyone by surprise, more so with the Dazzlings as they were left utterly dumbfounded by this.

When she finally managed to get over her shock, Adagio asked in a uncharacteristically quiet voice, "Come again?"

"We're sorry about what happened to you three," said Twilight.

Applejack then took a few step forward and said, "What Warhawk said was harsh, but it was also true, we didn't do right by you three."

"Now don't get us wrong," said Rainbow, "What you did was evil and we had to stop you, but we didn't mean for anymore bad stuff to happen to you."

"We saw how Sonata was trying to be friendly and we thought she was just acting, but after seeing that letter.... no one deserves that," said Flutershy.

Sonata looked to the ground in sadness as Axis tightened his fist.

"Quite right," said Rarity, "It was wrong of us to ignore you."

"If we tried to make up with you earlier, we could have three new friends to smile with, but I just assume you three were still a bunch of meanies," said Pinkie, "But I Pinke Promise to not make that mistake again."

"As someone who once walked in your shoes, I more than anyone should know what it's like to be hated for what you did in the past, and the value of giving others a second chance," said Sunset, "I should have been the first to volunteer to help and understand you three, but after being hated by the school for so long, I was afraid that if I was seen helping you, I would go right back to being hated."

The students, minus Axis, looked ashamed.

"As the Princess of Friendship, it is my duty to spread it's magic, not just in Equestria, but to here as well," said Twilight, " And after reading what Sunset wrote to me about what happened to you three, how badly you were being treated, I realized that I should also try to extend my hoof, um hand, to former enemies as well, because if they can understand friendship, then they wont be enemies anymore," Twilight turned briefly to Sunset who looked down in shame, remembering her past, but Twilight put her hand on her should to reassure her. Sunset then looked up to smile at Twilight, as she smiled back.

Suddenly, Adagio began to laugh. It wasn't her usual one, it sounded more forced, and it took Aria, Sonata, and everyone else by surprise.

"How rich, this is just too funny," said Adagio, "The great Princess Twilight and her little pose going through all this trouble to apologize to US!" She began to laugh again, confusing everyone. "Love the speech by the way, tell me, did you rehearse it?"

"Um Adagio?" asked Aria, "Are you okay?"

Adagio gasped in an exaggerated fashion, "My gloomy, uncaring sister Aria showing concern? This truly is a day of miracles!"

That shocked Aria to the point of speechlessness while Adagio turned back the girls and began laughing again before she spoke with a little venom, "Seriously though, do you think some cheap words like' I'm sorry' can make up for the pain you've me and my sisters?!"

"Where is this coming from?" asked Rainbow, "You were acting so high and mighty for so long that you didn't seem to cared about it."

"OF COURSE I CARED!" shouted Adagio, taking everyone by surprise.

Gone were any traces of mock amusement, replaced now by seething rage. Her hands were balled up so tightly they almost drew blood. Her eyes pierced into the Rainbooms very souls with hate and anger.

"That magic was our birthright. We were born with those pendants, they weren't just trinkets, they were part of us! They gave us our beautiful voices which we used to sing songs so powerful that we could do anything. The magic, the pendants, our singing, all those things are what made me and sisters what we are. Sirens of Equestria!"

No one dared to interrupt Adagio as she, for the first time since The Battle of the Bands, expressed the feelings that she had buried for so long.

"Oh sure, we used our magic to make ponies fight and gather the negative energy. But that was the only way for us to gather power for our voices, because without a strong voice, a siren is nothing! That's why we ventured out beyond the sea, because making our voices stronger is what makes us who and what we are!"

"Even when we were banished here, we still had a sliver of power, and with that power came hope. Hope that we could gather enough energy to go back home, finish what we started, and make our family proud," She then pointed to the now shocked Rainbooms with tears in her eyes, "And you DESTROYED IT!"

"You destroyed everything! You could have just stepped aside and let us do what we were born to do, but no, you couldn't do that could you? You just had to be the heroes and stop the monsters right? Okay sure, good for you, you saved a group of people who fight's with one of my sisters and torments the other, isn't friendship magic!"

That surprised Aria and Sonata completely. They knew that Adagio cared about being adored and gathering power, while generally not seeming to care about them, even going as far to call them idiots; still she stuck around because they were still family, and as the eldest it was her responsibility to look after them. But they didn't realize that she cared about them so much.

"You have no idea what it's like to lose everything! I had power, I had adoration, I had a beautiful voice that was mine, and now-" she stopped to take a couple of breathes. Her anger was replaced by sorrow as she looked to the ground and started to sniffle as more tears began to fall, "I have nothing, *sniff* we have nothing. *sniff* We're not even sirens anymore. We're just-" she than fell to her knees and placed her hands over her eyes, "nothing."

The whole hallway was completely silent, save for Adagio's sobs crying. The girls looked at her with shock and pity, they had no idea how important those gems were to them. But it makes sense. Those were the only thing connecting them to home, and they were gone.

Sonata looked at her elder sister with tears of her own forming, even Aria felt a lump in her throat.

Then Twilight began to walk forward to Adagio and crouched down to her level.

"Oh please *sniff*" Adagio said in a bitter tone, "Spare me your pity, *sniff* you don't anything about loss. To feel so_"

"Hollow," Adagio looked up in surprise to Twilight's face, "You feel empty inside don't you?"

"What?" Adagio managed to ask, genuinely confused.

"Because that's how I felt when something precious was taken from me."

Twilight paused for a moment before speaking again, "Do you know what cutie marks are?"

Adagio was silent but nodded, curious as to what the princess had to say.

"A while ago, my friends from Equestria and I went to a remote village where the ponies had their cutie marks and special talents taken away by a unicorn named Starlight Glimmer, she believed that if nopony had cutie marks or special talents, the world would be a better place."

Hearing this shocked many of the listening students, even though they did not know what cutie marks were, but Warhawk was completely appalled by this. He knew how disastrous such a philosophy was, but opted to not speak in order to see how the scene before him would play out.

"Eventually, she managed to take away mine and my friends cutie marks as well, and tried to indoctrinate us to accept her way of thinking. Without my mark, I couldn't do even the simplest of magic, and it felt so awful to lose something that close to you. Even though we were able to help the villagers see that what Starlight was doing was wrong when we shoed them that she still had her cutie mark and managed to get back our marls and theirs, I never forgot that cold, empty felling of what it was like to lose it."

"So the way I see it, you losing your gems, is like when I lost my cutie mark." Twilight stopped talking for a moment to look at Adagio, who was trying to process what she had heard, Then she placed her hand on her shoulder, "Adagio, I can't take back what happened in the past, all I can say is that I am sorry for what happened, I'm sorry that circumstances led us to fight, I'm sorry that you and her family have suffered so long here, and I am sorry for all that you have lost."

Adagio wanted to snap Twilights hand away, she wanted to attack her for what she had done to her, she wanted to say that she was not to be pitied nor wanted her sympathy, that her apologies were worthless. But she didn't, all she could do was continue to allow her enemy, perhaps former enemy, console her.

"But if theirs anything I've learned, it's that it's never too late to make a change. You and your sisters have an opportunity to gain so much more here, just like Sunset did. You can start anew, make new friends and you might be happier for it." Twilight said with a smile on her face.

Damien than approached Adagio and said, "She's right."

Adagio looked at him with questioning look, "I know that I like to tease you and that it annoys you, but I would like to get to know you better."

"Why?"

Damien smiled and said, "Because I believe theirs more to you than being a siren, I know that deep done, you are a good, caring, and beautiful person."

Adagio blushed at his comment. Damien than held out his hand to her and said, "Will you let me help you?"

Adagio looked at his hand for a moment before finally taking it. Damien helped Adagio unto her feet. She then turned to look at the Rainbooms, who bore hopeful looks on their faces, she turned to see that students also give her an apologetic and sympathetic look, she turned to see Treble, Zero, Artemis, and Punk give encouraging smiles, she looked at her sisters who also regarded her with the same look. She saw Warhawk nod to her, as if he said, 'don't waste this chance'.

Finally, she took a deep breath and said, "I will try." Suddenly, Sonata pulled Adagio in a bone crushing hug, while Aria reluctantly joined in. The Rainbooms looked on with smiles on their faces, but were surprised when Adagio sighed and said said, "Well what are you waiting for, an invitation?" Than the girls joined in while the students looked on approvingly. Unbeknownst to them, Axis looked at the scene with disgust, and turned to leave.

The hug broke off and the girls began talking with each other, except for Twilight who made her way to Warhawk.

"Your name is Warhawk right?"

"It is your grace," he responded.

"You don't have to call me that."

"As her grace commands," Warhawk said with a smirk as Twilight got a bit annoyed but put it behind her.

"I just wanted to say thank you for doing what you did, if you hadn't, I nor any of my friends here wouldn't have known about what those three were going through."

"You would have, if you asked Sunset to look after those three like you did with those five," he said while pointing to the other Rainbooms.

Twilight looked ashamed after hearing that.

"Although, I guess we are only human and we still make mistakes."

Twilight than smirked and said, "You know I'm really a pony right?"

"Yeah well you're human here your highness. But seriously, I didn't think any of this would happen. I assumed that I would be hated for it, but it seems that I was wrong."

Suddenly, the bell rang.

"Please tell me that wasn't the bell for the start of class?" Warhawk asked.

Everyone looked at each other and realized that they were still in school, and scrambled to get to class, even Twilight despite the fact that she wasn't a student at CHS.

Author's Note:

Hopefully I din't fudge this up too badly.

If you have any suggestions for how to improve this story, or any ideas on future chapters, feel free to send me a message.