• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 2,056 Views, 315 Comments

Our Love is Iron - Krovgor Warhawk



A remake of my first story with Sonata finding acceptance and love in the person called, Warhawk.

  • ...
18
 315
 2,056

VI

Pinkie's Plans

It's been two weeks since The Rainbooms apologized to The Dazzlings. Even though they agreed to try and get along, their was still an air tension between the two. Adagio and the others still refused to apologize for their actions, and many of the students were irked by that, namely Rainbow, Clyde, and Applejack, though ever since Punk began hanging out with A.J. when circumstances forced Punk to work on her farm when a video stunt gone wrong caused damage to some of the tress in A.J.'s apple orchard; he tried to serve as a mediator between her and The Dazzlings. So that, combined with her cousin's persistence, she gradually began to warm up to the former sirens.

The same could not be said for Axis and his followers who flat out hated the Dazzlings and resented the Rainbooms for even attempting to extend the hand of friendship, although this wasn't too surprising, as Axis already distrusted the Rainbooms before the Dazzlings even showed up. As such, he did whatever he could to bully both groups, mainly targeting Sonata, as she was easy prey.

Despite this, progress had been made towards healing the wounds left behind by The Battle of the Bands. Damien and Adagio began to grow closer as he would stick up for her when she needed the help, and endured her name calling and vice versa. Their was even a time when he shielded her from being hit by food thrown by Axis and his goons one time at lunch. Though he still teases her on occasion, and she in turn insults him, she occasionally stares at him when no ones looking and blushes to herself.

Similarly, Arrow began to try and get to know Aria more. Despite her stubbornness and the occasional insult, she did like the company, though she would never admit it. Sonata and Soul still hung out together, and Sonata still hoped to make Soul her boyfriend for being the first to stand up for her, even though his eyes are on Sunset.

Finally, in an effort to bring both groups together, Pinkie threw a party at Sugar Cube Café. Despite some initial awkwardness, all the party goers had a great time. Treble was also literally struck by Cupids arrow when he saw the D.J. and went over to introduce himself and get to know the girl, despite his bleeding buttocks. Zero also tried to spice the punch with extra sugar, witch turned out to be a huge mistake when Pinkie and Treble got the ultimate sugar rush and nearly destroyed the building. Overall, Pinkie was very satisfied with the way the party went except for one detail; Warhawk hadn't shown up.

Pinkie wanted him to come as well as he was the one who convinced her and the others to give The Dazzlings a second chance and show him a good time. But he had always kept his distance, only seen eating with Dazzlings and the other boys lunch table, and she saw that he wasn't very talkative. So she was determined to throw him a party and get him out his shell.


CHS Cafeteria

"Some day, I'm gonna make Soul my boyfriend!"

"Gee Sonata, that is fascinating, almost as fascinating as the last fifty times you've said it!" complained Straight Edge.

"Punk don't be like that, I think it's great that Sonata want's to be with Soul," said Arrow, "Although are you sure that you're meant for each other?"

Sonata nodded her head, "Definitely, he's smart, funny, good looking, cool, and he was the first to be my friend here."

Arrow still had doubts as he figured that Soul was interested in Sunset, in fact the whole school knew, but he didn't dare tell that to Sonata. He didn't want to see her beaming face turn sad with tears.

"Ugh the way you fawn over him is nauseating," said Aria, "Seriously, why does having a boyfriend interest you so much?"

Sonata glared at her sister, "Because it would the most wonderful thing in the world, just ask Adagio, she likes Damien now."

Adagio and Damien both blushed after hearing that with Adagio stuutering, "Th-th-their's no way I would be caught dead hooking up with this dork!"

"Hey!"

Sonata looked at her elder sister questioningly, "For realsies? Because I see you blush after he leaves and you giggle to yourself sometimes and mphf"

Adagio had placed her hand over Sonata's mouth and with a glare said, "DO NOT finish that sentence!"

Damien looked pleased with himself and said, "Oh puffball, I didn't know you cared so much."

Adagio swiftly turned around and pointed a finger at him with a beet red face, "You will forget that you ever heard that!"

The rest of the gang started laughing at Adagio's expense except for Warhawk, who was quietly eating his lunch.

"Hey Warhawk."

Warhawk looked up to Zero.

"How come I never see you after school?"

"Because I go home after school."

"Well yeah but, what about the weekends?"

"Since I work after school, I don't have much time to myself, so on the weekends, I prefer to play videogames and relax."

"I get that, but maybe you should try mixing it up? Maybe hang out at the mall?"

"Why would I want to hang out at the mall?"

The rest of the group looked on with interest and concern as Warhawk started to sound more irritated by these questions.

"To socialize with other people?' said a frustrated Zero.

"Zero, where is this coming from?"

"When Pinkie threw that awesome party, you never showed up. You should have been their man, it was amazing. Their was awesome music, great food, dancing, it was a blast."

"For you maybe, to me, not so much."

"He does have a point Warhawk," said Arrow, "It's not good for you to stay locked up by your self. I know you like to play video games but-"

"Do you know what kind of work I do?"

"Well no but-"

"Do you have a job after school?"

Arrow hesitated for a minute, "No bu-"

"Do you have any idea how hard it is to balance being and apprentice maintenance technician at the local bread bakery with high school homework?!"

Arrow tried to answer but couldn't find the words.

"Do you know how stressful it is to do all that while balancing out paying rent for an apartment and basic grocery shopping due to living alone because you choose to move out from your parents basement in order to prove that you can make it in this world?!"

Arrow just shock his head.

"Of course you don't. I have barely enough time to myself. My weekends are the only free time I have, and would rather spend my free time doing what I love, rather than go to some loud, obnoxious gathering of assholes, get a headache, and go home wishing I never went in the first place. Now can we please drop this subject already!"

"For realsies?"

Warhawk and the others turned to a confused Sonata.

"Because party's don't give me headaches," said Sonata, "Like Zero said, their fun, you get some great food, feed off the negative energy-"

"We don't do that last part anymore dummy.," said Aria.

"Oh, right. Well we can still do the other things I said," said Sonata while the other boys smiled approvingly.

Warhawk took deep breath and sighed, "I'm glad you think that's fun Sonata, for me however. There're just not my thing."

Sonata looked at Warhawk for a moment and simply said, "Okay."

Warhawk was surprised by that answer, but not as much as Zero who said, "Sonata are you serious?"

"If Warhawk doesn't want to go to a party because he doesn't think their fun, then he shouldn't go. I know I wouldn't want to do something that isn't fun," Sonata said matter of factly.

Zero looked like he wanted to argue, but gave up the thought.

"Wow Sonata, "said Aria, "That might be the first smart thing you've said all day."

"Yeah- Hey!"

And so the two sisters started to bicker with each other, earning a groan from Adagio and a shaking head from Arrow while the others just went about eating lunch, having gotten use to these little sessions.

Warhawk also went back to his lunch, but he was grateful that Sonata understood his reasoning.


Later, in the hallway

Warhawk was walking to his locker, thinking of his talk with Zero and Arrow. Part of him was considering what they said about him going out once in a while, but he quickly quashed those notions.

He then got to his locker and opened it up, only to be greeted by a familiar confetti explosion. Then, from out of nowhere again, Pinkie appeared.

"SURPISE!"

'PINKIE! Don't do that!"

Pinkie laughed and said, "Aww, then it wouldn't be a surprise."

"Exactly! What are you trying to do, give me a heart attack?"

"No silly, I wanted to give you this."

Pinkie held out an envelope in front of Warhwak. He knew he shouldn't take it, but also knew that Pinkie wouldn't let him go if he didn't. So reluctantly, he took it.

"What is this?"

"It's an invitation, to a party I'm throwing tonight. I know that you didn't make it to my last one, which I assumed was because you didn't get my email invite. So I thought that I would hand one to you in person, so that way, you couldn't have not known about my party that I was throwing. So what do you say? Will you come, will you, huh, huh, huh?" Pinkie said in a hyper fast voice ending with a huge smile.

Warhawk, with half covered eyes simply said, "No."

Pinkie, still smiling, blinked a couple of time before asking, "I'm sorry what?"

"No."

Pinkie's smile began to die down, "No what?"

Warhawk rolled his eyes and placed the invite in Pinkie's hair and said, "No, I am not going to your party."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to."

Before Pinkie could reply, Warhawk turned around and left. Pinkie just stood by herself for a moment and then said, "Ohhh I get it. If Warhawk can't come to my party, "I'll just have to bring the party to him. This is such a good idea."


"That doesn't sound like a good idea Pinkie."

After school was over, Pinkie went to the band room where she and the rest of her friends would hang together to practice music and otherwise socialize with each other. This time they were joined by Clyde, Swift, Soul, Zero, Punk, Arrow, Damien and Treble.

After the band practiced a song (and 'ponied' which made Zero a firm believer of magic now) Pinkie talked about her plans to throw Warhawk a surprise party. But Sunset expressed her doubts, much to Pinkie's disappointment.

"Why not?"

"Warhawk just doesn't seem like the partying type to me."

"And if he does work after school a lot," said Damien, "he probably doesn't have much time do party anyway."

"Not to mention it would be an invasion of privacy if we do throw it in his apartment like you suggested," said Arrow.

"I get what you guys are saying," said Zero, "But I think this would be good for him. The guy needs to break out of his shell and socialize more. I mean the guy barely talks in our group, and I haven't seen him to speak to anyone else here."

"Yeah, the guy's worse than Fluttershy in Freshmen year," said Rainbow, "No offense."

"Oh, none taken. I know that I still have a way's to go, but I'll get there."

"We know sugar cube, "said Applejack, "We know."

"So what are we gonna do?" asked Zero.

"What do you mean what are we gonna do?" asked Straight Edge, "We should we do anything? If the man wants to be left alone, I say leave him be."

"I can't just stand here and watch that guy stay alone and be miserable when he could be out with us and enjoying the world."

"Hmm," said Rarity, "It could do him wonders to be a little more open with others, and a party might be the thing."

"No offense boo," said Clyde, "But isn't it a little presumptuous of us to assume what's best for him?'

Zero just raised an eye at him and asked, "Is that even a word?"

"Presumptuous means failing to observe the limits of what is deemed appropriate."

Everyone turned to Swift after he said that.

"What? I just looked it up online."

"Anyway, I agree with Clyde, I mean I know what it's like to get immersed in video games too," said Soul.

"Soul, you are no where near as bad as Warhawk when it comes to talkin' with others, "said Applejack.

The group stopped talking for a moment in order to mull things over. After some time, Rainbow broke the silence.

"Well I say we just go for it!"

"But Rainbow-"

"But nothing Sunset, that guy needs to take a serious chill pill, and one of Pinkie's parties is the best way to go!" she said much to the approval of Pinkie and Zero.

"Reckon that this would be the only way to get him to a party, short of kidnapping him."

"Lets not give Pinkie anymore ideas A.J." said Straight Edge.

Rarity took a breath and said, "I suppose that if we are going to help Warhawk be more open, this does seem like the best course."

"Besides, Warhawk helped us be more open to the Dazzlings, it's only fair we do this for him!" said a determined Pinkie.

"Hell yeah! Lets bring it in!" said Zero. He and the others placed their right hands on top of each other in a circle. They ware only waiting for Sunset, who reluctantly placed hers in as well. With that, they shot their hands in the air and cheered.

Treble then turned to the screen and said, "This will not end well."


At Warhawk's apartment

After learning where Warhawk's apartment was through the use of the school directory, Pinkie and the others wasted no time in sending invites to every student in school and traveling to Warhawk's apartment. After unlocking his front door, they found that Warhawk had decorated his home with various posters of a band named Gorillaz, several Star Wars posters, fantasy like maps of a world called Tamriel, and huge gamming computer with a massive computer screen. The group then began to decorate the place with festive party streamers, balloons, party food and drink, and set up a D.J. turntable for Treble and Vinyl Scratch.

Shortly after, the guests began to arrive, and the party had unofficially begun, as the guest of honor was still away.

"Ohmygosh, this is so exciting!"

Pinkie looked like she was about to explode from anticipation, but Sunset still looked worried.

"What's the matter, Sunset?" asked Soul.

"I... guess I'm still worried about how Warhawk is going to take all this, he already doesn't like surprises, and this is a pretty big surprise."

"Relax Sunny, just leave this to your Auntie Pinkie Pie."

Sunset looked a bit annoyed at the comment, but said nothing.

"Oh, I can't wait until seven thirty!" said Pinkie.

"Why?" asked Sunset.

"Because that's when Warhawk comes home after work."

Sunset raised her eyebrow at this, "And you know this how?"

"From watching Warhawk for a week now."

"Wait, you stalked him?!"

"No, I was spying oh him. Big difference."

With that, Pinkie began to jump up and down excitedly, while Sunset bore concern on her face.

"Oh here he comes, everyone be quiet."


Earlier

Warhawk was driving back home after he finished his shift. It was a down day, which meant that the machines were turned off in order to perform maintenance that required the machines to be offline. Warhawk's job was to lube chains inside the ovens that moved the pans throw to be baked. It was a tedious task that often resulted in his foot falling asleep, due to him sitting down in an awkward position for half an hour, but it least it was simple. However the day took an unexpected turn when he accidently dropped one of the heavy oiling doors for the bun oven on his shin. Luckily it didn't break, but it was bruised very badly. It was for these reasons that Warhawk had began to study for the Exam 473, the test for getting a job with the Postal Service. It added another lair of stress to the already fatigued teenager who just wanted to play video games for a living, but he knew that it would be worth it in the end.

"Thank God my shin is doing better, still I can't wait till I get home. All I want to do is just relax."

Wathawk finally arrived at his apartment. It had been a long day and at last he could eat some dinner, study for a bit, and hopefully find some time to play some StarCraft. All he wanted to do was unwind, unfortunately, Murphy had other plans when he opened his front door, and was greeted by a massive explosion of confetti.

"SUPRISE!!!"

Warhawk's heart stopped for a brief moment and his mind suddenly went blank. Never in a million years would he have ever expected to open his front door and be greeted by an explosion. When he finally came back to his sense's, he say that his home was decorated in streamers and balloons that better fit five year olds birthday. He saw many students from school had come to his home as well, including the gang he sat with, usually by default. and The Rainbooms all wearing party hats.

And then their was Pinkie. She had apparently been talking in her usually fast, hyper voice to Warhawk, but was so shook up, he couldn't understand anything she had said. Except for the last bit.

"And now that your here, lets paaarrrrrrty!"

She finished with an explosion of confetti, as Vinyl Scratch and Treble loaded up a record on the turntable and began to play loud dance music. With that, everyone began to dance wildly.

For Pinkie, it was paradise, for Warhawk, it was the tenth circle of Hell. He firmly placed his hands on his already sore ears, after having to wear hearing protection from work, and tried in desperation to tune out the noise. With every ounce of willpower he could muster, he made his way to the sound system and pulled the plug, stopping the onslaught of music.

Everyone was confused by the sudden stop of tunes as Warhawk turned to face Pinkie with seething anger, "Get. Out."

Pinkie was taken aback by his angry tone, "What?"

"Get out of my home!" Warhawk's rage was burning ever more.

"But this is you-"

"I SAID GET OUT!"

This shocked everyone in the room, and Pinkie was practically trembling now, "Bu-bu"

"ARE YOU DEAF AS WELL AS STUPID WOMAN!" Warhawk shouted with fire and brimstone. "I said get out and take these freeloading parasites with you!"

Pinkie's hair had know gone flat and began to tear up, "I- uh"

But Warhawk wasn't moved, only angry, "You have been nothing but a life eating pestilence since the day I first met you. Your very existence causes me nothing but pain and misery. Do you enjoy tormenting me?! You stupid, backward fucking idiot!"

Suddenly, Swift went up to Warhawk and punched him right in the face, sending him to the ground and landing on his bad shin, casing Warhawk to grunt in pain.

"That's enough!" said Swift, "No one talks that way to Pinkie Pie. She threw this party for you! She just wanted to help you break out of your shell and enjoy life instead of being by yourself and this is how you say thanks?! Well let me tell-"

Swift stopped talking when he saw Warhawk struggle to get up, clutching his shin. His face was etched with pain. Swifts anger then faded and now looked concerned.

"Warhawk, are you okay?"

"The FUCK do you care!!"

To say Warhawk was angry was an understatement. He then limped his way towards Pinkie and said, "I want you out of my home and out of my life. While your at it, please let the door hit you on the way out!"

To Pinkie's credit, she didn't bawl her eyes out in some dramatic way, she just lowered her head, covered her eyes, and wept. The rest of the Rainbooms than came to her and tried to comfort their friend.

Zero was livid about what had happened, and tried to rush Warhawk, but he was held back by Damien and Straight Edge, "Forget it Zero, he's not worth it," said Damien.

Zero seemed to calm down, but Arrow wasn't just gonna let this slide. He walked towards Warhawk with anger in his eyes. Then he grabbed Warhawk by his shoulder.

"Warhawk-"

Almost immediately, Warhawk spun around to face Arrow, "I'm going to my room to get changed, and when I come out, I don't want to see any of you here. Or I'm calling the cops!"

With that, he smacked Arrow's hand off and made his way to his room and slammed the door. The party guests were unsure of what to make of the situation. Applejack then broke the silence.

"Come on y'all, let's just go."

Everyone then started to clean up the decorations, and began to depart.


"What a total jerk!" said Rainbow.

"Most uncouth." said Rarity.

The girls were currently outside of Warhawk's apartment, they had decided to wait until Pinkie was finished letting out her sad emotions. Everyone else however had left, with Zero and the others being last. After reassurance from Sunset that Pinkie would be fine but wanted to stay behind and comfort her, they agreed and went about their way home.

"*sniff* I just wa-wa-wanted to make him smile," Pinkie sobbed with Fluttershy holding her.

"We know Pinkie, we know," soothed Fluttershy.

"That Warhawk is meaner then a junkyard dog," commented Applejack.

"Yeah, it's no wonder he has zero friends," said Rainbow Dash.

"Well to be fair," said Sunset, "We did invade his privacy."

Rainbow, Applejack, and Rarity looked at Sunset with disbelief.

"Don't get me wrong, I think Warhawk went too far, but his outburst is understandable with him working after school all the time. Plus didn't you notice how he was limping? I think he may have gotten hurt at work. So that definitely didn't help things."

The others considered her words, and while they were reluctant to admit it, Sunset did have a point.

"So what do we do know?" asked Rainbow.

"I don't know," said Sunset, "But right now it's late and we should probably get home."

The others agreed, after all it was a school night. But while her friends started to leave, Sunset looked at Warhawk's apartment one more time. She then sighed to herself and left. Hopping that tomorrow would be better.

Author's Note:

Judge me accordingly.